• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate, fastest way to unlock everything (in under 2hours)

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Not to undermine your work, but I'll stick to the method that takes zero hours of labor.

Fun-Gi

Smash Rookie
Normally I would have unlocked all of the characters via the SSE, but seeing as I'm having an all night smashfest the same day/night that I get the game, this will be very useful. I'll definiately want to mess around with all of the characters against my friends as soon as I can - thanks for the guide rob1out :)

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Aren't two of the stages (The Pillar stage and the Electroplankton stage) only unlockable through Event Mode?

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
thats cool ima do that then go wifi thanks for putting that up, suiciding 450 is my kinda fun lolz question though if you use the flower trick do you need to switch people still or will just rockin on dude to die the whole time work?

iNiGhTmAr3

Smash Apprentice
lol not bad...but should I use your method or the poison flower method?

does anyone have confirmation on which one is faster?

nopants

Smash Apprentice
The flower method is faster by far due to the fact that you can set stamina matches to one percent, which causes the flower to kill instantly.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
The flower method is faster by far due to the fact that you can set stamina matches to one percent, which causes the flower to kill instantly.
I've asked a lot of people this and haven't gotten an answer, but is this confirmed? Also, if you set the stamina to 1%, won't everyone die at the same time, causing a Sudden Death, which would then take even longer?

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Youre wrong............
Thats not the fastest way to unlock everyone.
its much easier to put flower on, and put cpu to 1hp. each match lasts less than 1 second, and you only need 450 vs to unlock everyone through wolf. thats how i did it, and i doubt theres a faster way.
This should answer your question. Or at least should have.

iNiGhTmAr3

Smash Apprentice
I've asked a lot of people this and haven't gotten an answer, but is this confirmed? Also, if you set the stamina to 1%, won't everyone die at the same time, causing a Sudden Death, which would then take even longer?
You only put the CPU at 1HP.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
This method actually would be best if you used the flower instead of suiciding. Just follow this and you unlock stages as well as characters.

And you can set individual HP for players, it works like handicap I believe (don't quote me on that).

errtu

Smash Apprentice
it is efficient man, but where is the fun? maybe ill give it a try

edit. so wait, you do the i hp method with flower or whatever. 450 matches and u unlock all theb characters. also all the stages? or not?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
it is efficient man, but where is the fun? maybe ill give it a try

edit. so wait, you do the i hp method with flower or whatever. 450 matches and u unlock all theb characters. also all the stages? or not?
I think there are still a couple of stages that you have to get through other methods (event matches?) but other than that, yes, you could have all of the characters and almost every stage in 450 matches.

I also agree with you, not too fun. I am going to play a lot of multiplayer with my brothers first and after that I'll do something like this, maybe. Knock quite a few matches off in a way that's actually fun.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
this is useless I mean whats fun on doing this seriously it would be boring and stupid unlocking everything in 2 hours I prefer to play the game calmly and normally this just isn't fun....

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
This involves repetitive play, except for a select few of the event matches. THis is to unlock. ALL the characters. and ALL the stages. in under 2 hours.

The first involves 1 stock matches. Play each other 1v1. One stock matches. One of them should be fox, one should be donkey kong. Play on the level Shadow Moses Fifteen times. Kill yourself with a friend. you should average about 1 game per 8 seconds.
You will Unlock Ness.
Than you will unlock Snake
AND marth
Now play the melee stage of your choice for ten matches
After five more matches with donkey kong and you will unlock 75m
you will also unlock luigi
Have the other player use kirby. Keep on playing on pokemon stadium 2
You should now unlock falco
You should have unlocked all the stages that require repetitive play on stages
Use the fastest runner (Fox) to continue suiciding
You will unlock character by character
By the time you unlock sonic, use him. He is the fastest runner in the game
Suicide with him until you unlock game and watch and flat zone 2
Now you can complete matches the fastest way possible. Suicide as sonic in flatzone 2 . It takes UNDER ONE SECOND. to kill yourself. You can average about 8 matches a minute. so it should now take about 20 min+ to unlock the rest

To get the rest of the stages. speedily do the event matches

That should take under 2 hours =) Enjoy
Snake is unlockable? Since when?

espio87

Smash Ace
Where's the fun in this? =[
It's not as fun as playing SSE, true. But it is far more useful for cases like mine: I don't own a Wii but a friend of mine does. Once he gets Brawl, he'll invite the whole group that play Smash to play some matches. We won't be able to play as the character we want since most of them are unlockables. If my friend does this before we arrive at his home, we'll have the entire roster and almost all the stages:)
I'd better tell him about this now!

hisshouburaiken

Smash Cadet
I already played through SSE on the *** version, and I'm grateful for this list - Now I can get all the chars back quickly and not have to be around all the time when my friends want to change the rules (I'm the only one who can read japanese :p )

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Snake is unlockable? Since when?
We've known about that since the stupid Famitsu scans...He's ALWAYS been unlockable...

It was even written in Sakurai's journal he was unlockable...

I'm not going to do this because I want to unlock characters with certain other characters...

I.E: Unlock Sonic with Mario

sirmackerel

Smash Apprentice
I asked this earlier, but I think everyone missed it. Are there are any stages that have quick loading times that would help streamline the 450 flower death matches?

alexer34

Smash Cadet
Well i am going to unlock everyone through SSE. (Old fashioned, i know....)

Woot For smash!!!!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well i am going to unlock everyone through SSE. (Old fashioned, i know....)

Woot For smash!!!!
How can it be old fashioned if SSE has never been in Smash before?

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
I did some calculations...
8 seconds per match. (According to OP)
8 seconds X 450 matches = 3600 seconds
Divide into to 60.....
It would actually take about an hour.

"Lip's Stick Method" shaves off about 3 or 4 seconds I would imagine so.........
If one used the "Lip's Stick Method", conformed to your conditions,
It would probably take about 35 to 45 minutes to unlock everyone.

I'm guessing there's a midnight release due to the the tournament.
So if you go to gamestop at Midnite of the 8th,
Say you live 10 miles from the nearest gamestop....
You leave at 11:30 from your house at a rate of 35 mph.
You should reach the store after about 17 minutes.
Factor in about a minute and a half for every red light.
Say you pass about 4 lights. 23 minutes.
You should reach the store at about 11:53.
Get in line (there WILL be a line) and add about 2 minutes for every person in front of you, and an extra 3 minutes for each jerk that uses a credit or debit card.
Say there's 4 people in front of you, 2 using a card. 14 minute wait added to the 7 minutes to midnight.
By the time you get at the counter, it should be 12:14.
You leave the store at about 12:16 at the same rate of 35 mph.
You should get home at about 12:49.
By the time you inside and turn on the Wii, I would guess that it would be 12:53.
Allow yourself 2 minutes to drool over the Box. 12:55
By the time you finish the lipstick method, it should be around 1:40. Perfect time.
You have about 28 hours and 20 minutes to Smash until you have to get ready for work or school on 6:00 on Monday. Take off an hour for church if your must. Subtract about 5 minutes for everytime you faint from excitement.

sirmackerel

Smash Apprentice
Divide into to 60.....

"Lip's Stick Method" shaves off about 3 or 4 seconds I would imagine so.........

Get in line (there WILL be a line) and add about 2 minutes for every person in front of you, and an extra 3 minutes for each jerk that uses a credit or debit card.
Say there's 4 people in front of you, 2 using a card. 14 minute wait added to the 7 minutes to midnight.
By the time you inside and turn on the Wii, I would guess that it would be 12:53.
By the time you finish the lipstick method, it should be around 1:40. Perfect time.
You have about 28 hours and 20 minutes to Smash until you have to get ready for work or school on 6:00 on Monday. Take off an hour for church if your must. Subtract about 5 minutes for everytime you faint from excitement.
Did you factor in the loading times after selecting a stage and the delay after ending a match and returning to the character select screen? I'll be glad if I can manage 8 seconds per match with the lip's stick method.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Did you factor in the loading times after selecting a stage and the delay after ending a match and returning to the character select screen? I'll be glad if I can manage 8 seconds per match with the lip's stick method.
Already factored in, If the what the OP is saying is true.

S3rpent

Smash Rookie
Thanks a lot for this; I've been thinking up efficient ways to get quick unlocks. :]

Sl1th

Smash Apprentice
Divide into to 60.....

Somone has alot of time on their hands

sirmackerel

Smash Apprentice
I'm skeptical about how many matches you can get in one minute, since loading times seem pretty long from what I've seen, and there's delay at the end of the match for the results screen and delay before you return to the character select screen.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
this is awesome and what i will do...then i will play double the time to make up for the fact that i just killed myself to unlock people when i first got the game

Smashless

Smash Apprentice
this is brilliant, as I need to unlock everything very quickly for a tournament the night of the launch

thankies

Top Bottom