• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Bi-Weeklies: LAZERS PEW PEW -SATURDAY JULY 12TH MELEE!

Should i turn this into a Biweekly?

• Yes

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Take it to Aim boys i don't need some bickering in here or take it to a boxing ring so i can put some money down LOL

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I argue against u because u constantly contradict yourself...If you change your view on something thats fine, but if you say something Im going to assume you meant it. You have on more than one occasion displayed a Positive reaction to gaining money from a tournament. And as I stated in my post, there is nothing wrong with admiring or desiring the monetary reward for competiting in a tournament. I simply said you shouldnt feel like you have to defend yourself against someone claiming that its negative... more in your defense than against you. Any negative factors of my post would not logically be pointed at you so sorry if you read it the wrong way. They were general comments are far as the melee/ brawl comparison went. So umm what are you even talking about?
You stated that I shouldn't feel that wanting to win for money is not a bad thing. Whether I said it or not had nothing to do with the discussion here and you brought it up so that's what I'm talking to you about. If you wanted to discuss that we could have on aim I don't mind but I didn't see how they dealt with any general comments as Brawl/Melee comparisons went.

Besides that, I believe you constantly contradict yourself as I still don't understand why you didn't enter yesterday.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
don't record matches and my simple style unless you just want to see fair to forward B combos and up B out of shield for half the match
Don't record mine unless you want nasty meta up B half way off the stage cause I think green meta looks like spinning blue marth
COLORJONHS.

Take it to Aim boys i don't need some bickering in here or take it to a boxing ring so i can put some money down LOL
Cheezums only does it for the moneyyyyy

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Sorry cheezit, this will only take a sec

Keitaro- you got it all wrong. What happened was, there was a discussion RIGHT? The issue of winning money was brought up right? It became negative right? You got defensive RIGHT???? I simply said you dont have to get defensive and change your views because two people are talking about it in a negative way. Wtf, I didnt say anything bad about u!!! You started going off on how u spent your winnings etc, which is fine, but it was out of defense, and I was simply saying, it wasnt necessary. And to be honest everyone knows that as far as brawl tournaments go, winning money is much more possible for anyone. This is a positive aspect of brawl tourny experience. I still dont get why your coming at me like I called u an a$$hole or something, relax, seriously.

I ddin't enter yesterday because i didn't want to. I wasnt having enough fun playing brawl to spend 15 dollars on it, especially when melee was right there. Notice what I was doing the whole time? I cheered you on and played melee.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Lmao seeing as though I was debating entering, and decided not to enter even before they even said u were coming!!!!! OOWWNEED! lmao

Scar

#HarveyDent
I don't know who else would agree, but I have next to no respect for DM's current ability in Brawl.

I think the fact that he had the game the very day it came out and played religiously a month before the US release is probably more than enough to have him maintain an edge over the vast majority of players until at least a month from now, two months after the US release.

This edge comes not from talent nor skill, but rather dedication. Dedication is a wonderful thing, but it's unfair to pit two people together and have the result be based solely on dedication when player A had twice as much experience with the game than anyone else.

In other words, DMB, it's good that you're good and all, but when you brag it's ugly as hell. Way uglier than anyone else.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
lol. You are such a scrub. You're good at Melee but your attitude has always been garbage. You are the best Melee scrub.
No, that title belongs to Lord Knight. "Omg waah [insert player here] picked Sheik, everyone should just pick characters like Peach who Marth *****" SHEIK SUCKS, MM ME IN MELEE IF YOU PLAY SHEIK!

Sahara Desert said:
I like Brawl more than Melee because mindlessness can't win even against scrubs. You can't just push buttons fast and win.
You can win with mindlessness in Brawl. Pick Metaknight and just press neutral B over and over again. That's enough to beat people who suck. Pick Link, space fair on shield then charge up b because they'll roll towards you. Or here's Eggm's mindless Brawl strategy that he used to win R3 of gamestop: Pick Pikachu, walk up to opponent, and dsmash because they roll towards you. At least in melee, when you punished a bad player for making a mistake, their entire stock vanished.

JFox

Smash Hero
Guys, this needs to stop. Not only are we as a community ripping each other apart over a issue that isn't going to go away, but we are also posting in a place that we shouldn't be...There aren't any mods around on these boards anymore, unfortunately. But I know that this community is mature enough to handle themselves properly without the use of force.

No one should post in this thread any longer unless it has to do with the tournament. No more "oh wait hold on just more thing...." Any further comments not related to this tournament should be addressed in a different thread.

NO MORE

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Thank you JFox i wasn't tough enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ILL GET U ALL ESPECIALLY THE NEXT TO POST NOT ABOUT THE TOURNY!!!!!

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
No, that title belongs to Lord Knight. "Omg waah [insert player here] picked Sheik, everyone should just pick characters like Peach who Marth *****" SHEIK SUCKS, MM ME IN MELEE IF YOU PLAY SHEIK!
I love fighting marth...as long as its not m2k cactus

Or here's Eggm's mindless Brawl strategy that he used to win R3 of gamestop: Pick Pikachu, walk up to opponent, and dsmash because they roll towards you.
lol good **** eggm

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
Why do you all want to stroke my c*ck, it isn't even a part of Brawl and there for, it is easier to touch it with your eyes closed, rather than open. There is no debating around it, you will still get cuum in your eye, it punishes you for your efforts.

The point is, Brawl is a sh*t *** game that blind people looking for bread, won't even play. No, the **** helper dog won't touch that sh*t either. If I ever came near that game I would need a tissue....I mean, I would cover it up with cat litter out of instincts.

I practiced Brawl 2 years before it came out and then lost to a guy in a cast. It is plain and simple that Brawl isn't as good as mario kart 89 . I like the wiimote and nunchuck though. Whatever, atleast Melee is still there and smash 64 is my passion, I am one of the best in the world.

Edit. ok I was writting this and posted this after mr jfox and the cheese fetish guy said no more. No more from me, I am mature.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
fyi, The next day, I played m2k in winners semi's and 2-0'd him. I lost one game to velocity 3-1 in winners finals, and the rest of the day I went perfect.
You play MetaKnight and <insert what Scar said>. I'm going to be honest with you...M2K is better. Anyone that played both of you would agree.

Wins right now don't mean a lot. It'll take a few months for people to establish themselves and for the game itself to be established. You just happen to have a month advantage. I don't know why the rest of the crew isn't as good as you considering they had that same advantage, but it at least means you're taking advantage of it the most and actually getting better.

Velocity

Smash Lord
wow at pages after that last time i looked at this, the fact is this tourney failed at attendance, and the tourney at inuis on sat had i think 42 for singles and alot of teams probably the best ran tourney as far as bracket and pools in singles doubles bracket could use improvement but this venue has never gotten a large attendance i think we should look at that, regardless of what format of smash is at the next one though i am definitely more inclined to go if brawl is there. besides that i like the venue cause its a medium distance away only an hour and theres other reasons why I like this venue too . cheezits not a bad guy either

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I don't know who else would agree, but I have next to no respect for DM's current ability in Brawl.

I think the fact that he had the game the very day it came out and played religiously a month before the US release is probably more than enough to have him maintain an edge over the vast majority of players until at least a month from now, two months after the US release.

This edge comes not from talent nor skill, but rather dedication. Dedication is a wonderful thing, but it's unfair to pit two people together and have the result be based solely on dedication when player A had twice as much experience with the game than anyone else.

In other words, DMB, it's good that you're good and all, but when you brag it's ugly as hell. Way uglier than anyone else.
Last post from me, cheezums!

No talent? I used to play melee, kid, I know my way around the characters, and don't you pull that month advantage crap on me. I played 'religiously' for the first week, then played it MAYBE 10 times until march 10th, when I did gamebattles. All we learned in the first week is completely gone now. None of that **** works, and so many techs have been found since then.

The fact is, you say you hate it and won't take it seriously. This means you shouldn't be posting about it. You don't see Eggm posting about other people playing it, he just says "It sucks mellemelemelelmelle" and goes and has fun. You have to cry about everything. You can tell me I'm not talented, but really, Scar: When is the last time you've won a tournament?

I don't care if everyone thinks I'm a jerkoff. I payed half my rent this month in a weekend of local smash winnings, and then I bought a pizza. What kind of pizza did you get, Scar? Was Pepperoni and NOPIZZAATALL? I bet it waaaaas.

As for the dedication, wtf is that ****? Scar doesn't deserve melee wins he has because he played more than Jeffrey! Are you kidding me? What if I said, well you're friends with all the top players in melee, so if you beat me, you had an unfair advantage, so it doesn't count.

But I wouldn't say that. Why?

Because melee isn't important anymore, and you need to grow up.

You keep debating something that, ultimately, doesn't matter. Your opinion is moot. The gaming world will progress in titles, regardless of playability. Halo1 >Halo2> Halo3. Which game is on MLG? R6v2<R6V1. Which game is on MLG?

Soul Calibur 2> Soul Calibur 3. Which game has tournaments run nationally?

and finally: Is Evo running melee?

When it comes down to it, play what you want. Have fun, and be merry. If you stick with melee, you will have a better time in opinion, BUT IT IS FACT that you will, competitively, get left behind.

You can call me a scrub, a cheater, ugly, whatever you want. Because, it won't bother me. The only thing that bothers me is that you're trying to cheapen what I've earned. That's petty, and down right annoying. Grow up.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Sorry Scar BUt DO NOT RESPOND HEAR IM CUTTING THIS NOW THIS IS OVER DO NOT POST ANOTHER THING OF GARBAGE BETWEEN BICKERING BETWEEN BRAWL AND MELEE OR I WILL DO SOMETHING BAD

..... Unfortunately i don't have any ideas JUST DON"T END IT NOW!

Edit also i beileve there will be another tourny this month im gonna keep it monthly there will Be Melee and maybe some brawl we shall SEE

dmbrandon

Smash Master
btw cheezit: if you're going to copy and paste the rules from my tournament, you might to AT LEAST fix the typos! XD!!

Eggm

Smash Hero

This has to be the truest post I've ever read.

Last post from me, cheezums!

No talent? I used to play melee, kid, I know my way around the characters, and don't you pull that month advantage crap on me. I played 'religiously' for the first week, then played it MAYBE 10 times until march 10th, when I did gamebattles. All we learned in the first week is completely gone now. None of that **** works, and so many techs have been found since then.
The fact that you played melee makes you talented? And even if new stuff was discovered you still played it regligously and played all the chars and against most of them like crazy. I've yet to play as any characters except sheik and pikachu, and have played against only a handful. That lucas who beat me was my first lucas I've ever played. When people charge smash attacks with characters I don't even regonize which way they are going to unleash it I hardly play what so ever and nearly beat you using the best character in the game even tho you practice so much.

The fact is, you say you hate it and won't take it seriously. This means you shouldn't be posting about it. You don't see Eggm posting about other people playing it, he just says "It sucks mellemelemelelmelle" and goes and has fun. You have to cry about everything. You can tell me I'm not talented, but really, Scar: When is the last time you've won a tournament?

Yeah, you really do see me posting right now, i was at work earlier. It does suck meleemeleemleelmeee, but I went and was sorry I did except for the melee corner. I was bored as hell and talked into entering singles after cheezit said he'd pay 5$ for my entry. cause they needed a 16th man for a normal bracket. Plus I had to support my crewmates tournament. I saw no crying done by scar at all. And to answer your last question... Scar when was that Pittsburgh tournament 2 or 3 weekends ago?

I don't care if everyone thinks I'm a jerkoff. I payed half my rent this month in a weekend of local smash winnings, and then I bought a pizza. What kind of pizza did you get, Scar? Was Pepperoni and NOPIZZAATALL? I bet it waaaaas.
This is so clear and proves scar's first post even more. Like plank said in one of his posts, You were a loser in melee and your a loser in brawl. Sorry, it has to be said.

Because melee isn't important anymore, and you need to grow up.
Last I checked SPOC V had 49 entrants while your tournament had 42, also no one complained about rules or how it was ran. Also scar is playing melee with wife who drove 2 hours to his house from marlyand just to play him cause the games that good thats why hes not on here roasting this post himself.

You keep debating something that, ultimately, doesn't matter. Your opinion is moot. The gaming world will progress in titles, regardless of playability. Halo1 >Halo2> Halo3. Which game is on MLG? R6v2<R6V1. Which game is on MLG?

Soul Calibur 2> Soul Calibur 3. Which game has tournaments run nationally?

and finally: Is Evo running melee?

When it comes down to it, play what you want. Have fun, and be merry. If you stick with melee, you will have a better time in opinion, BUT IT IS FACT that you will, competitively, get left behind.
Left behind in what? Coin flipping that will die in 6 months?

You can call me a scrub, a cheater, ugly, whatever you want. Because, it won't bother me. The only thing that bothers me is that you're trying to cheapen what I've earned. That's petty, and down right annoying. Grow up.
Yo, you cheating scrubtatsic excuse for a smasher, he wasn't trying to cheapen what you earned, he was saying you look ugly when you brag about placing really high and acting like your important. Cause you do.

Sorry Scar BUt DO NOT RESPOND HEAR IM CUTTING THIS NOW THIS IS OVER DO NOT POST ANOTHER THING OF GARBAGE BETWEEN BICKERING BETWEEN BRAWL AND MELEE OR I WILL DO SOMETHING BAD

Yo, everyone got their posts in while I was at work this will be my only one sorry.
..... Unfortunately i don't have any ideas JUST DON"T END IT NOW!

Edit also i beileve there will be another tourny this month im gonna keep it monthly there will Be Melee and maybe some brawl we shall SEE

MELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
The fact that you played melee makes you talented? And even if new stuff was discovered you still played it regligously and played all the chars and against most of them like crazy. I've yet to play as any characters except sheik and pikachu, and have played against only a handful. That lucas who beat me was my first lucas I've ever played. When people charge smash attacks with characters I don't even regonize which way they are going to unleash it I hardly play what so ever and nearly beat you using the best character in the game even tho you practice so much.
No, but he's acting like I'm new to the scene. I played melee for awhile, and eventually lost interest.

I only started playing the game religiously in the past 3 weeks, like everyone else. Not to mention I've been using my main for about two weeks. So no johns there. You showed up to my first tourn saying you were gonna win with pikachu. I know about 30 people who have claimed to have played you off/online, be it from gamebattles, or smashboards. You've talked enough smack to void any 'not playing the game' johns.

Yeah, you really do see me posting right now, i was at work earlier. It does suck meleemeleemleelmeee, but I went and was sorry I did except for the melee corner. I was bored as hell and talked into entering singles after cheezit said he'd pay 5$ for my entry. cause they needed a 16th man for a normal bracket. Plus I had to support my crewmates tournament. I saw no crying done by scar at all. And to answer your last question... Scar when was that Pittsburgh tournament 2 or 3 weekends ago?
I was complimenting you, saying you can play the game you like without insulting people. I was calling you mature, and a cool person. I can see I was terribly wrong.

Yo, you cheating scrubtatsic excuse for a smasher, he wasn't trying to cheapen what you earned, he was saying you look ugly when you brag about placing really high and acting like your important. Cause you do..
That's all he's done since we've started talking. He's said it doesn't matter who wins because no one is good yet. Take a look at my tournaments pools, and brackets. It shows the competitiveness of the game.

You guys all argue for the sake of arguing. I remember when I respected the smash community for being a friendly, open group of people. I remember admiring the tunes as people. I can't believe what this place is now. You all make me want to move to NY.

pockyD

Smash Legend
didn't scar just win a tournament less than a month ago? and another tournament a month before that?

and you only played brawl 10 times in a month? honestly, i played melee probably 5/7 days a week over the past year and a half, it was just that good of a game... the fact that despite being one of the few people to own it period, you only played once every 3 days speaks volumes to how boring of a game brawl is =\

edit: and plenty of pro-melee and pro-brawl people get along

you're confusing a hostile community (which the smash community definitely is NOT) with being an unlikeable person (which it seems you clearly are - notice no one else is sticking up for you and no one respects your exploits, while other people who are winning consistently at brawl tournaments get plenty of respect)

edit2: wtf the forum keeps replacing "smash" (<-- this says smmaashh) with "halo" for no reason in my posts lol... must be some stupid april fool's thing... "melee" and "brawl" being swapped too, etc

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I am anything but unlikable. It's not just here, look how random people talk to each other. The Sm4sh community is tearing itself apart.

omg. April fool's is in effect.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
uhg this is stupid, yet sort of a cool debate lol. i kinda want to add my side to everything lol, but i dont know if im allowed to lol

dmbrandon

Smash Master
uhg this is stupid, yet sort of a cool debate lol. i kinda want to add my side to everything lol, but i dont know if im allowed to lol
Try to stay on topic. Or at least do this somewhere else. This thread is gonna be ruined.

When's the next brawl tourney?

Cheezit

Smash Ace
ITS OVER IM GONNA GET YOU ALL, but anyway its looking like mid april ill probably know within the next 2 -3 days

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Im working on gettting a date for the next Me lee tourny SHould have one tonight APRIL FOOLs on smashboards sucks

Eazy23

Smash Lord
matter
time
melee
pikachu
brawl
jigglypuff
matter matter matter LOL
gettin my april fools fun out of the way

Status
Not open for further replies.