• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Bi-Weeklies: LAZERS PEW PEW -SATURDAY JULY 12TH MELEE!

Should i turn this into a Biweekly?

• Yes

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pockyD

Smash Legend
except legalize pirate ship

and don't have shadow moses be both legal and banned, i think that's pretty confusing on their part

Eggm

Smash Hero
So how many melee players would come to this if it were melee themed with brawl on the side? Cheezit needs a good turnout so the owner will do more tournaments. That way they might actually be.. biweeklies.

Pros for melee :
Might actually finish
GREAT game
Will have 2 people in our area hosting melee (Scar/Cheezit) And 2 brawl (Chibo/Brandon)
Cons:
Might be lesS?? Confirm what you want people, we can still have either brawl doubles or singles on the side.. you guys can decide.
Uhh.. Takes FOREVER to run both events.

Ok, so people who actually are going to come, tell us which game you'd prefer to be the premier game as we want the best possible turnout for this best one, then the rest can be what the Tunes prefer. :)

Eggm votes melee. I know jfox is probably with me as well. Keep em coming. Oh and if your pro brawl, please tell which you prefer singles or doubles if thats the side event.

JFox

Smash Hero
I don't find anything about tournament brawl appealing whatsoever. I enjoy playing the game, but I really cant take it veyr seriously.

I would like a melee tourney, cuz that game is pretty good.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Brawl with Melee on the side. How it originally was planned?? :dizzy:

I would like to experience some Brawl tourneys now that the game has come out. Not stay all over Melee's balls until the end of time. I have yet to go to one tourney that has Brawl singles and doubles in one day and I would like to try it out to see how it would go. Doing Melee with Brawl on the side won't help people realize what they think about Brawl singles and doubles in one day and how it would go time-wize.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
how much time and TVs do you guys have? brawl and melee singles could easily be done. u dont need any pools for brawl yet so brawl singles/doubles and melee singles is possible. i say for this biweekly u try to do that. my tournaments wont be popping up that soon, but will hopefully in a reasonable amount of time (mid-late april becoming monthlies?). we'll have a huge melee tournament the week before, then again there is brandons the day before lol.

as keitaro said, there haven't been many big brawl tourneys yet, so it would be nice to see how it goes, though have some sort of melee there. also, since these might be biweeklies and can occur often, you can always switch formats every week, one week primary brawl, next week primary melee. though once everyone gets all those tourneys settled, me and brandon handling brawl while this and scar handles melee isnt a bad idea.

edit: new thought after post, we should keep tourneys in one weekend based on the same game. for instance, this weekend is melee, hence me training melee this week. if next week is primarily brawl on sat and primarily melee on sunday, its hard to be in top shape for both games. if its all primarily brawl, then i can rest easy in focusing on just practicing brawl that week.

Keitaro

edit: new thought after post, we should keep tourneys in one weekend based on the same game. for instance, this weekend is melee, hence me training melee this week. if next week is primarily brawl on sat and primarily melee on sunday, its hard to be in top shape for both games. if its all primarily brawl, then i can rest easy in focusing on just practicing brawl that week.
Yeseroo.

I don't take Melee seriously anymore so my planned training for Spoc will be from 5pm the day before till the actual tourney. Alot of people are playing Brawl online and would at least want to play it in tourney cause in all seriousness, its hard to even play Brawl seriously at the moment, but I at least would love to do a tourney in the game I actually play.

Brawl tournies will prolly last long but I don't see any true signs of it really happening yet. Dm's tourney "no offense to him" was poorly organized with 3 setups. NYC......is there even words for this tourney that usually begins hours after the original expected time? No there isn't.

I say have it Brawl with Melee as side and if people *****, complain, and don't like **** afterwards, then it would be understandable to make Brawl the side tourney next time. But not for the first one.

Btw, I doubt there will be much *****ing "I'm calling it in advance"

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
there were only 3 setups there? at like one of the first brawl tourneys? ouch. lol

yea we need some cool brawl tourneys. im expecting a lot out of dm's 2nd and this tunes biweekly lol. i should be at both

edit: forgot to ask, i wanna go to both DM's and this tunes tourney, but i kinda need housing. Is there anyone who will be at both tourneys that I can stay with sat night? I should have a ride to DM's on sat and back from tunes on Sunday (hopefully velocity), but no where to stay sat night. also, i think gotm is taggin along so i guess he would also need a place. i have no clue what velocity is doin sat night.

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
I am probably going just to see everyone, and for the melee tourney... so uhh i think we know which way i would vote >.>

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
If I have enough money to travel all the way to the weekly, I would go but as of now, I don't have the resources,. Good luck to the tunes though.

Spruchy

Smash Rookie
So how many melee players would come to this if it were melee themed with brawl on the side? Cheezit needs a good turnout so the owner will do more tournaments. That way they might actually be.. biweeklies.

Pros for melee :
Might actually finish
GREAT game
Will have 2 people in our area hosting melee (Scar/Cheezit) And 2 brawl (Chibo/Brandon)
Cons:
Might be lesS?? Confirm what you want people, we can still have either brawl doubles or singles on the side.. you guys can decide.
Uhh.. Takes FOREVER to run both events.

Ok, so people who actually are going to come, tell us which game you'd prefer to be the premier game as we want the best possible turnout for this best one, then the rest can be what the Tunes prefer. :)

Eggm votes melee. I know jfox is probably with me as well. Keep em coming. Oh and if your pro brawl, please tell which you prefer singles or doubles if thats the side event.

I'll be going if its a Brawl Tournament.

JFox

Smash Hero
I think melee singles and brawl doubles is the best/most effecient way of running this tourney.

IMHO brawl is a more "for fun" game, which is why doubles' leightheartedness is a good event to run.

Melee is a more serious game, so its fun to compete to be the best in it. Wins just mean more in singles, and they mean more in melee too, so thats perfect.

Melee singles/brawl doubles. And brawl should come first IMO.

/bias

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
two different games for a big focus is tough. whatever doubles are done should be the same as the singles. like melee and brawl singles are ok and doubles of one of em is fine, but like just melee singles brawl doubles or brawl singles melee doubles is bad IMO. hard for ppl to be perfectly on key for both games.

JFox

Smash Hero
LOL at what key do you play brawl? I would say a a B flat.

brawl takes .35 seconds of tech skill warm up, and thats being generous. And after you get knocked out of brawl, you still have time while the bracket is finishing to warm up for melee. Plus you also have time during singles pools.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
brawl takes .35 seconds of tech skill warm up, and thats being generous.
I'm still generally good with both games (as in skill not affecting the other), but today i found that after a lot of melee (pretty much all SPOC and practice the days b4), i found that it hit me kinda bad for the rest of the day. i mean at the end of the night now im pretty much back, but its a lot more than a couple matches. my glide tossing is effected heavily at first, and thats HUGE for my ROB game. not to mention some shield cancel grabbing, or accidentally trying to wavedash. plus u gotta get used to a whole new roster of characters again. it may take only a couple matches for some, but more for others

And after you get knocked out of brawl, you still have time while the bracket is finishing to warm up for melee. Plus you also have time during singles pools.
Not if I win singles!!!! lol

i would like to use pool time though to perform well, not to practice lol.

this was all talked about earlier between me and keitaro lol, pretty funny

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Unfornatly there is going to be brawl Singles on demand by the new Co-owner i am working with and as of now im not sure as to whether there will be brawl doubles or melee. He wants brawl singles to run smoothly LOl cause theres a lot of locals that are going should probably easily be like 50 people there LOl im still gonna try and convince for melee singles LOl

JFox

Smash Hero
Well Tim said that SPOC had 70-80 people, and it was melee only. So that pretty much tells you how much of this community still wants melee. If its just another brawl tourney there is nothing worth going for IMO. I'm not even gonna bother making the trip because its cheaper to just play brawl with my friends, and no one cares about who is the best brawl player.

If theres not melee, count me out. I'll probably throw a melee fest at my house if thats the case...

Eggm

Smash Hero
70-80 May have been accurate. I mean there were 8 crews. Coulda been like 50-60 I dunno. It was amazing tho.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
there were 48 ppl in singles, and a good amount more that were either there to chill, play brawl, do doubles, or melee friendlies. I would say 70 ppl is a safe estimate, but about 10 of them weren't even there to play smash.

JFox

Smash Hero
even if you get 50 people there that are just there to play melee, thats a phenomenal turnout for such a "dead" game, LOL. Melee aint goin nowhere.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
I know melee isn't going anywhere LOL i never said it wasn't its just this seems to be like its gonna be a brawl tourny for this weekend With a probable side of melee LOl

Keitaro

70-80 May have been accurate. I mean there were 8 crews. Coulda been like 50-60 I dunno. It was amazing tho.
lol, results show less than 40 people for doubles and less than 30 for singles @ Spoc. 35 people in crews total btw. Counting is fun.

I would like there too be Brawl singles and Melee singles but we'll see what happens.

Scar

#HarveyDent
If theres not melee, count me out. I'll probably throw a melee fest at my house if thats the case...
...Yeah, sorry Cheezit I can't do it either. I would easily go to JFox's to play Melee 1v1 with him before going to a Brawl tourney. And I would go for you 'cause I love you, but at this crucial time I feel that I can't go to any Brawl tournies ever and do my absolute best to go to every and all Melee gatherings.

Edit: Keitaro, results show "Singles (49 Entrants, 12 pools, top 2 advance)".

Skimming is apparently more fun than counting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom