• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Bi-Weeklies: LAZERS PEW PEW -SATURDAY JULY 12TH MELEE!

Should i turn this into a Biweekly?

• Yes

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeorogue

Smash Ace
i was just arguing dota = stupid

i don't care for regular war3 either; dota is just a big ol waste of time

not to mention the "newer" dota (tft) is just ******** altogether, i actually liked the "older" dota (RoC) back when it was official and didn't have a million dudes
So your argument is that dota is stupid because you would rather manage a reaver drop in a totally different game and you dislike variety? Well played.

pockyD

Smash Legend
if you want to play the type of game dota provides, traditional mmorpgs are just much better for that

at anything other than a very competitive level (where you play with the same team repeatedly against another team that also plays together frequently), dota decomposes into doing the same thing every game for 20 minutes and then seeing who did it better

i'd compare it to pub CS without the fun of killing people

edit: and the obligation to stay for an hour and being committed to the choice you made at the start after you join

Xeorogue

Smash Ace
at anything other than a very competitive level (where you play with the same team repeatedly against another team that also plays together frequently), dota decomposes into doing the same thing every game for 20 minutes and then seeing who did it better
Which is what we are describing involving leagues and competitions. Why competitive dota is better then competitive Wc3.

And there are differences in every opening of dota, involving char counterpicks, lane control/lane choices w the heros selected, the farming abilities of each person, the teamwork needed to pull off ganks and organized pushes...

Edit: Leaving for vacation as this was posted, continue the argument in a week lol. =D no hard feelings i still <3 mr pacman and pimppocky.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Dota bothers me because everytime people say they play warcraft they are talking about the MMO or Dota. And in my experience there is always at least one *** hole in every Dota game that makes it unfun. Whether it is a jerkass who quits or a guy who just won't shut up.

I don't like the idea of an RTS engine played around one character per person. I think it takes more strategy, and micro to play ladder effectively.

I would play starcraft but everybody is always playing money maps and their battle net matching system is inferior to wc3. I don't enjoy getting anally ***** every time I play starcraft online. I am not that terrible at it, but there are soooo many good people.

pockyD

Smash Legend
::Also easier to find a dota game, takes on average 5 seconds to fine one.::
sorry, i took that as meaning you would just go to the "join custom games" screen and click whichever one tickles your fancy

i can definitely agree that competitive dota with predesigned teams and team strategizing on both sides can be deep and skillful (and therefore fun) in my book, but pub dota just doesn't cut it. sorry if this was all just a misunderstanding

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Welll back to the biweekly .... lol hmmmm double elim or do you guys wann do pools of we get enough or some crap idk lol.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I"d rather do just normal double elim (singles and doubles)with crew seeding, and maybe a side event like.. low tiers or something.. whats everyone else think?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Pools sound good as long people can actually be eliminated through it. Just wondering how big the pools will be.

Scar

#HarveyDent
<3 pools. Side events are incredible, though.

If you can do pools + low tiers + teams, that would be hot and amazing, but since you can't...

I suggest taking a vote after teams of who would stick around after singles for low tiers, then if there aren't enough people for a low tier tourney, do pools.

JFox

Smash Hero
I hate when pools eliminate players. It sucks. I would want to enter a tourney with the possibility of getting knocked out that early on.

pockyD

Smash Legend
I hate when pools eliminate players. It sucks. I would want to enter a tourney with the possibility of getting knocked out that early on.
the point of pools is to guarantee MORE matches

let's say pool size is 4 players; if you are the worst player there, you are guaranteed 3 matches instead of just 2 with a straight double-elim bracket

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Here's the difference, JFox.

Would you rather have a random bracket that eliminates you only after two sets, or a pool that eliminates you after fighting 4 sets or more?

Of course, we can do pools that only seed and go on from there, but you weren't satisfied with that either because of how long it took.

It's going to have to be one of those three.

EDIT: ROFL dangit, Pocky beat me to it.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Sign ups are up i beileve he just used once sign up this time so if you are participating in either singles or doubles sign up here http://www.igames.org/Events.asp?Event=7301 or 5 walk on fee. Also the store is going to take 40% cause it was either 40% or 5 extra dollars. so i figured more people would be happy with the 40%.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
If you fear a bad seed from pools, fear getting knocked out in pools or fear getting eliminated early on in the duouble elimination bracket then the solution is the same for all 3.

Become a stronger player.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yeah pools provide better rankings in general. More matches = more accuracy.

There are legit johns for both systems, but there are no johns. Think about it.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Lol, i never had any intention of not letting him run it the way he wants but my post said I think this would be fun what does everyone else think?

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't know why commas ran out of fashion;

the next thing we know everyone Will Be Capitalizing Every Single Word;

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Yah I Was Trying To Get Suggestions, Because I Am Going Away Tommarrow And Probably Won't See The Internet Til I Return. So Yah We Can Do Pools If We Get Enough If Not Double Elim.

LOL I RULE TEH CAPS :p Everyone Make Sure you signup online i won't be around to nag anyone so do it!

Velocity

Smash Lord
Worst grammatic structure ever. :laugh:
HaS YoU EveR EveN NeveR ReaD NonE OF MinE PosT

Edit: I posted this before readin about the capatalizing the first letter of every word part

Edit2: then i capatalized the last letters too to piss more people off

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
If you fear a bad seed from pools, fear getting knocked out in pools or fear getting eliminated early on in the double elimination bracket then the solution is the same for all 3.

Become a stronger player.
Sometimes you say stuff that look like they should be in the Melee manual, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom