• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Bi-Weeklies: LAZERS PEW PEW -SATURDAY JULY 12TH MELEE!

Should i turn this into a Biweekly?

• Yes

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Velocity

Smash Lord
so sleepy didnt get home from c3 till like 230 but it was so worth it im on my way and i need a partner i home pakman is there

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Mad fun today everyone i'll have the results tomorrow i left them in my car and its pouring so im not going out.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Stages Banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Termina Bay and Yoshi's Island 64.
This needs to either be updated or be enforced as posted; as it is...

Onett is legal

Mushroom Kingdom (I and II) is legal

Kongo Jungle (with the wooden platforms and the rock) is legal

Yoshis Island (pipes) is legal

Venom is legal

Mute City and Fountain of Dreams are teams legal

Not all of these are inherently wrong (though i'd say most are), but either make sure it's your intention that they are legal or add them to the ban list

but today was a fun tournament anyway

edit: peach's castle is legal too

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Lol yah about that i was meaning to fix that because i copy and pasted that from somewhere a while ago lol there supposed to be banned i just have to update that page.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I wish you did. :( I wanted another shot at you, and you vs reik is always entertaining to watch, me and reik played the set anyway for the placing since reik wanted to i think for ranking purposes.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Stages Banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Termina Bay, Pocky.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Stages Banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Termina Bay, Pocky.
so i was wrong

but look at all those stages that are legal if you just go by that list (onett, YOSHI'S ISLAND, etc)

Cheezit

Smash Ace
RESULTS 8/19/07

DOubles
1st- Reik and eggm
2nd- Senei and Copy
3rd- wesley and pockyD
4th keitaro and atomsk
5th velocity and Cradmazy
5th Bass and Marcstar
7th Cheezit and Andres
7th Benard and Matt

Singles Pools 5 of 5 top 3 advance
1st Eggm/Reik (split even though eggm won the set even though he forfeited the pokefloats match :p )
2nd Eggm / Reik
3rd Sensei
4th pockyd
5th Wesley
5th HBK
7th Keitaro
7th Jfox
9th Cheezit
9th Atomsk
9th velocity
9th Marcstar
13th Cradmazy
13th Copy
13th Andres
13th JFolres
All the rest that didn't make it out of pools
17th Random smasher
17th Adam
17th John
17th Kyle
17th Will
17th Bernard
17th Warren
17th **** Chang
17th Matt
Good tourny all

Scar

#HarveyDent
Pools are so good. I will be attending the next Cheezit biweekly, assuming it's Sept. 1.

Excited to see everyone.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
September 1st is unfortunately the same date as the next SMASHACRE, so we should figure out what to do.

In which case, I would like the next Cheezit event to be a circuit event.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Cheezits should be this weekend then. xDD Or does anyone know of any nearby tournies this weekend?

Sensei

Smash Lord
Not to be a negative nancy or anything but my name is spelled Sensei not Sensai. There is a Sensai on the boards so I don't want any confusion lol. BTW this tourney was fun, too bad its so far away and I was tired and lazy throughout the whole day lol.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Thats fine i would mind the next one one being a circuit event Woz i will speak to you on Aim about it.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Well, PA has aboot 4 semi large tournaments a year, and NEPA was pretty small. Mowfest will be another one. I gotta support my state, despite how terrible we are at smash. (We are getting better. and delaware is worse :-) )

Cheezit

Smash Ace
well like i said ccx is the first and it would be cool if the next event i run is circuit so the 8th sounds the next otherwise i'd be waiting 4 weeks for my next event.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
right, that's what I'm saying, lol.

If you're going for biweeklies, there are going to be conflicts, so you shouldn't feel bad about them. It's impossible to avoid conflicting with biweeklies and it's impossible for biweeklies to avoid coliding with other tournies, so it's best for tourney organizers to recognize that and just have no hard feelings about tournies conflicting with biweeklies and vice versa.

JFox

Smash Hero
I hear what you are saying, but I disagree with you. I feel that the entire tourney scene as a whole suffers if you make smashacre and this bi-weekly fall on the same date. First off, you split up the players that end up showing up causing the venues/tournaments to suffer. Than the player suffers because not only does the competition get split, but there is no upside to having two tournies on the same day since you can only attend one. And than the following week you don't have a tourney to go to.

I think pushing it back to the 8th is a good idea and is a very painless way of fixing the problem. (However I may not be able to attend it because of school stuff, but that is a separate issue.)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
why not just interval the biweeklies so that urs would be every 2nd and 4th week while smasharce is every first week, there leaving working room for the 3rd week. I hope that its a schedule issue thats keeping y'all from not doing that rather than a logic issue.

JFox

Smash Hero
It was a scheduling issue Swift. It used to be exactly what you described, but because Cheezit skipped a week to go on vacation, it got a bit off schedule.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
right, well, I'm not necessarily saying that this and smashacre should be duking it out, but there's smashacre one weekend and then the lancaster tourney the next. What's best for NJ smash is to make this not correlate with smashacre so that people can go to both within state, but then the eastern PA crowd is drawn to lancaster instead of this on the 9th. It's unfortunate, but tournament are always going to conflict. I agree with your opinion JFox, I was just saying to cheezits that he shouldn't feel bad about pakman, velocity and scar not making the next one due to the lancaster tourney cause it's just not possible to please everyone.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Looks like its gonna be the 8th Along with the next NJ CIrcuit event.

I got the Ok The next NJ circuit Event is goign to be Sept 8th I hope to see all you NJ people there.

Edit. 1 Opps double post
Edit .2 Woz could you remove the poll from my thread i don't know how lol

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
when's the latest should we let you know here if we're attending to avoid that extra $5 walk-in tihngy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom