• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Traveler Makes Their Move" Smash Speculation Corner Genshin Impact Edition

"The Traveler Makes Their Move" Smash Speculation Corner Genshin Impact Edition

2E94FBEC-DD75-45E7-B576-C31FDFC8EE63.jpeg

2019 was when the gaming world first saw Genshin Impact during the ChinaJoy Convention. The game took roughly $100 million to make which makes it one of the most expensive games in gaming history. This would eventually lead to it becoming an international commercial success. It was so successful that it boasts a roughly $175 million USD profit per month from in-game purchases. The series is developed by MiHoYo who also developed the series Honkai series. This has led to Genshin Impact becoming a critical success with critics lauding the story, gameplay, and graphics. However, it also has its share of criticism, security issues, and cultural stereotypes amongst regions in this world.

Genshin Impact features the Traveler, a character chosen by players. They can either be female or male as they travel the world of Teyvat in search of their lost sibling. Players can explore regions such as the idyllic region of Mondstadt, the commercial hub Liyue, the mysterious Inazuma, and the wilds of Sumeru. As they progress in the game players can also unlock additional characters. This is done by spending in-game currency or using real-world currency in the form of gacha mechanics. Popular and/or powerful characters are less likely to show up when rolled. During gameplay, players can shift between one of four characters in their party. Each character has an elemental affinity such as wind, fire, earth, and thunder, which will be covered more in-depth later.

Gameplay Attributes

The Traveler is a light fighter who has a wide range of options that pull inspiration from Genshin Impact. The Traveler is small, light and their basic attacks have worse damage output than most other light-weights. This means that the Traveler can't weather potent attacks and needs to rely on their elemental reactions. The Traveler truly shines with their specials as they vary depending on the situation in regards to elemental reactions, especially when combined with other elemental attacks. All in all, Traveler has a lot of tools to excel but is limited due to weak normals and poor survivability. Their strength is the nearly-inexhaustible amount of options to approach combat which is reflected in combat within Genshin Impact.
Height
Weight
Dash
Walk
Jump
Fall Speed
Air Speed
Stat Number
x​
78​
1.55​
1.33​
34​
1.84​
1.17​
Place on the roster
:ultlink:
Tied with :ultsheik:
Tied with
:ultkazuya:& :ultminmin
Between
:ultmegaman:&:ultinkling::ultluigi:
Tied with
:ultridley::ultdk::ultduckhunt:
Tied with
:ultsephiroth:
Tied with
:ultswordfighter:

Gimmick: Elements
In Genshin Impact, the Traveler has access to a growing number of elemental abilities. This is because the game continues to be updated with new chapters and each world is represented by Elements. There are:

• Pyro (Fire)
  • Hydro (Water)
  • Anemo (Wind)
  • Electro (Lightning)
  • Dedro (Nature)
  • Cryo (Ice)
  • Geo (Earth)

Finally, as mentioned above in the gameplay section, there is something called Elemental Reaction that is unique to Traveler. Dendro was considered for inclusion but its use in the series was hard to adapt into Smash without feeling clumsy and awkward so I decided to remove it.

Gimmick: Elemental Reaction

Elemental power usage is a big component of combat for Genshin Impact so it makes sense to incorporate it into the Traveler's character kit. That being said, an equally important aspect of the Elemental properties is "Elemental Reaction". In Genshin Impact, being hit by an electrical attack while burning causes an Overload reaction, causing more damage. Not all elements have a relationship to counteract one another like in the Pokemon series. For example, using a hydro attack against someone who is a Geo elemental type doesn't cause more damage. The whole system of how much damage is dealt with and specific requirements for this reaction to trigger can take a while to explain and would be difficult to incorporate. For that reason, it's simplified for Smash. The Traveler is capable of utilizing all elemental attacks in some way, shape, or form. Getting hit by an elemental attack will inflict the opponent with a status relative to that element. Taking a hit from a conflicting element does more damage or may have unique properties. It doesn't always correlate perfectly though.

Here are how the Elemental Reactions play out in Smash:

Name
Affiliated Element
Affected Element
Description
MeltPyroCryoWhen an opponent is hit by a Cryo attack and then a Pyro attack, it does 1.5% more damage. The Cryo status is then removed.
VaporizePyroHydroWhen an opponent is hit by a Hydro attack and then a Pyro attack, it does 1.5% more damage. The Hydro status is then removed.
OverloadElectroPyroWhen an opponent is hit by a Pyro attack and then an Electro attack, it does more knockback but has no damage multiplier. The Pyro status is then removed.
SuperconductElectroCyroWhen an opponent is hit by a Cryo attack and then an Electro attack, it does more knockback but has no damage multiplier. The Cryo status is then removed.
Electro-ChargedElectroHydro
When an opponent is hit by a Hydro attack and then an Electro attack, it deals continuous damage of .4% per second for 10-15 seconds. The Hydro status is then removed.
FrozenCryoHydroWhen an opponent is hit by a Hydro attack and then a Cryo attack, it increases the chance of being frozen by another ice-based attack or item within 15 seconds. The Hydro status is then removed.
SwirlAnemoPyro
Cryo
Electro
Hydro
This differs from the rest as it can be affected by Pyro, Cryo, and Electro.
  • Pyro: An expanding blast occurs when the Pyro element attack comes into contact with an Anemo attack. It causes more damage with a wider blast radius. It then applies the Pyro element to that opponent.
  • Cryo: A chilling vortex appears around the Anemo attack which has a 50% chance of freezing the opponent. It then applies the Cryo element to that opponent.
  • Electro: A shocking vortex surrounds the Anemo attack which can deteriorate shields easily. It then adds the Electro element to that opponent.
  • Hydro: It creates a swirling vortex around the Anemo attack that deals high knockback but less damage than the original Anemo version. It then adds the Hydro element to the opponent.
CrystallizeGeoPyro
Cryo
Electro
Hydro
Like Anemo, Geo offers numerous effects when combined with the Pyro/Cryo/Electro/Hydro elements:
  • Pyro: When damaging an opponent with the Pyro element attached, it grants the caster a 15% second added defense bonus to the fire-based attacks.
  • Cryo: When damaging an opponent with the Cryo element attached, it grants the caster a 15% second added defense bonus to ice-based attacks.
    • This includes magical attacks like those from Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Bayonetta, and so on.
  • Electro: When damaging an opponent with the Electro element attached, it grants the caster a 15% second added defense bonus to the electro/energy-based attacks.
    • This includes energy-type attacks such as Fox's Lasers, Samus' Charged Shot, and so on.
  • Hydro: When damaging an opponent with the Hydro element attached, it grants the caster a 15% second added defense bonus to the water-based attacks.
    • This includes attacks that are liquid in nature such as Inkling's Ink Shot.

Subsequent usage of Elemental Reactions reduces their usefulness. For example, activating Overload and then repeating it will cause it to deteriorate. It would take 3 repeated patterns for the Pyro attack to attach the Pyro status to the opponent and trigger the Overload. This is meant to keep the character balanced with the rest of the roster. The Dendro element, while recently added to Genshin Impact, was removed due to being difficult to apply to Smash.

Specials
Please keep in mind that this series only covers Specials plus the Final Smash unless stated otherwise. There are tons of great items to utilize as Smashes, but the Traveler's build is focusing solely on the Specials and how they function in battle.

Move
Name
Description
Damage
Neutral Special
Elemental Skill
The Traveler currently has access to four of them, Anemo, Geo, Electro, and Dendro. The character can switch between elemental types and has access to each one but it requires visiting a Statue of the Seven in a given country and aligning yourself to that element. Here in Smash though, the Traveler can access these four elements while in gameplay. The Traveler can select one with neutral special and it’ll keep its “permanence” until they’re KO’d. You can choose one by inputting neutral special and moving the control stick to one of the elements. The table below shows the element's symbol, its name, attack, and description that results from selecting this element.

Element
Name
Attack and Description
Anemo
Palm Vortex
Releases a ball of wind with a short reach but sucks in opponents nearby. It then traps them and unleashes numerous hits of damage before launching the opponent. It has a big windbox and dishes out high knockback.
Geo
Starfell Sword
Traveler makes a chunk of earth materialize and crash down. It lodges itself into the Earth, becoming a destructible obstacle. It can also be used as a meteor smash against airborne opponents, making for an excellent edge-guarding tool.
Electro
Lighting Blade
Lightning Blade: Traveler releases three miniature electrical swords that fan out. The topmost sword moves upwards, the middlemost moves straight, and the bottommost moves downward. They can pierce through solid objects. Once they reach some distance, they’ll explode for additional damage.
  • Palm Vortex
    • 1.3% per hit
  • Starfell Sword
    • 15.5% (center)
    • 7% (outer)
  • Lightning Blade
    • 5% per projectile
Side Special
Elemental Burst

Elemental Bursts are more damaging elemental attacks in Genshin Impact that require filling out a "meter" to access the attack. It can do high damage, especially when combined with an element reaction. This meter appears next to the HUD icon along with any Elemental Reaction and will fill up. That being said, unlike in Genshin Impact, you can use them even when the gauge isn't filled in a weaker form compared to when the icon is full. Filling the gauge allows the Burst to be far more powerful.

The attacks are...​
Element
Name
Attack & Description
Anemo
Gust Surge
The Traveler unleashes a swirling vortex that moves forward and traps anyone in the attack. It will carry them forward while dealing continuous damage.
Geo
Wake of Earth
The Traveler will slam their fist down into the ground which causes a massive amount of earth to shoot up both around them and then moves out in front of them. Anyone caught in its wake will get thrown into the air while those further away will trip.
Electro
Bellowing Thunder
Traveler summons three rotating balls of lightning that function similarly to Sephiroth's Side Special, Shadow Flare. However, instead of being attached to opponents, they simply follow Traveler while dealing additional damage during attacks.
  • Gust Surge
    • 3.2% per hit
  • Wake of Earth
    • 20% (center)
    • 14% outer)
    • 10% (most outer)
  • Bellowing Thunder
    • 11% per hit
    • 18% (electrical explosion)
Up Special
Wind Glider

The Traveler summons an updraft of wind unaffiliated with the Anemo element while holding onto the Wind Glider. It allows the player to move where the character wants to go. The Wind Glider doesn't deal damage but the updraft can launch opponents with a windbox. This attack is a part of the Anemo elemental skill and can be affected by other elemental attacks. The Wind Glider can also be used in conjunction with the attack Gust Surge if timed perfectly.
  • 0%
Down Special
Party Member
One aspect of Genshin Impact is the concept of Party Members players can collect through rolling to unlock characters. This is a form of gacha mechanics which, well, some people enjoy while others despise. This isn't the case here as the three party members are locked in. When summoning a Party Member, the Traveler vanishes but any damage dealt to the party member gets transferred over to the Traveler. This is to make the Traveler feel rather unique in design but also true to the series. The period of "switching out" is near-identical to Pyra and Mythra. Below is a table of the picture of the party member, their element, and the attack they do when summoned.​
Name
Element
Weapon
Attack
Description
Amber
Pyro
Bow​
Sharpshooter
Amber notches a fire arrow and fires it forward. This acts similarly to Young Link's Neutral Special.
Barbara
Hydro
Catalyst​
Shining Miracle♪
Barbara unleashes musical notes and a wave of water which heals both Traveler and any allies while applying Hydro status to opponents.
Chongyun
Cyro
Claymore​
Spirit Blade: Chonghua's Layered Frost
Chongyun jumps into the air and then slams his Claymore in the ground; creating a massive rush of ice that shoots upwards.
  • Amber
    • 5.5% (far)
    • 8% (close)
    • 3% (collateral damage)
  • Barbara
    • 7% heal
  • Last Blast
    • 10% (lam)
    • 7% (ice blast)
Final Smash
Stormterror's Arrival

The Traveler releases a gust of wind that blows out and traps anyone caught in a cinematic Final Smash. The Traveler, together with Amber, Lisa, and Venti, appears in a set of ruins where they face the Anemo Dragon, Stormterror. Stormterror looms overhead but doesn’t strike the team. Instead, it unleashes a torrential windstorm that envelopes all opponents caught in the Final Smash. This deals continuous hits of damage before launching any opponent into the air.
  • 65%

Additional Content

Entrance Animation
  • Arrives via Wind Glider along with Paimon who then vanishes.

Taunts
  • Up: The Traveler throws up Amber's Explosive Puppet and catches it. Based on Amber's idle pose.
  • Side: The Traveler holds out their palm, causing a constellation of sorts to come out and rotate in their hand. Based on their idle pose in Genshin Impact.
  • Down: Paimon appears and spins around the Traveler while they look at her. While doing this, Paimon says "Show them who's boss!" if at low damage. She also says "I know you can do it!" when at mid-range damage, and finally "It's not looking very good..." when at high damage.

Up Taunt​

Side Taunt​

Down Taunt​
Idle Poses
  • Stretches and yawns. Based on their idle pose in Genshin Impact.
  • Looks to the right and then to the left.
Victory Animations
  • The Traveler turns their back to the screen while holding out their sword which is based on their pose when accessing the Weapon tab in their game profile.
  • Paimon appears and hovers around the Traveler. She then says "I knew you could do it!"
  • The Traveler arrives via Wind Glider and lands before drawing their sword.

Animation 1 (except Traveler)​

Animation 2​
Kirby Hat
  • Female Traveler's hair.
Boxing Ring Title
  • Outlander
Palutena Guidance
  • Pit: If I had to put my finger on it, I am guessing this is an RPG character.
  • Viridi: What gave that away, Pit?
  • Pit: Outlandish outfit, sword, magical abilities, super bit cute eyes.
  • Palutena: This is the Traveler, Pit.
  • Pit: I figure they probably Travel but do we got a name?
  • Palutena: Nope, just Traveler.
  • Pit: I don't really feel right going up against someone who just has a standard name, though...
  • Viridi: Ummm...hellloooo? Wii Fit Trainer? Pokemon Trainer? Hero? Piranha Plant? Villager? Inkling? R.O.B.? There are tons of them!!
  • Pit: .... OH MY GOSH YOU ARE RIGHT?!?
  • Palutena: If it really bothers you Pit, they do have names. This person is called Lumine (female)/Aether (male). But to keep things simple; just call them both Traveler.
  • Pit: Gotcha. Well, as I get having my mind blown...
  • Viridi: Which happens daily...
  • Pit: ...what other abilities do they have beyond, well, traveling?
  • Palutena: You know, I actually know very little about them. I have a basic understanding but their world is one I have very little information about!
  • Pit: This is so rare for you, Lady Palutena!
  • Viridi: That is where I come in! I have spent some time in their world known as Teyvat. The Traveler is said to be from another time but was brought to Teyvat. In this world, there are many regions that are governed by something called an Archon. Kind of like Palutena, Hades, and myself. Each Archon governs an element like fire, wind, and lighting. I would so be Dendro while you two would be Ameno, the power of the wind! Anyways, the Traveler, through a series of events, has become embroiled in the conflicts within Tevyat while teaming up with various warriors from all corners of this world.
  • Pit: ...I am so confused.
  • Viridi: The Traveler can use both Anemo, Geo, and Electro attacks so basically Wind, Earth, and Lightning to different degrees but these elements can react to one another. Like, a lightning attack can deal more damage when something is affected by the element Hydro.
  • Pit: ...my head is hurting...
  • Viridi: The Traveler can also call upon warriors. From what I can see, these warriors have access to Pyro, Hydro, and Cyro elements though, sadly, Dendro is absent. Each one can do a special attack that uses not only their element but their weapon of choice.
  • Pit: ...I am so sorry I asked...
  • Palutena: You seem to be an expert at Genshin Impact, Viridi.
  • Virid: Well, I took an extended leave of absence and visited the Sumeru Akademiya during my time in Teyvat.
  • Pit: ...why did I even ask...
Snake Codec
  • Snake: Otacon, there's another person with a magical sword.
  • Otacon: That's not just anyone, Snake. This is the Traveler.
  • Snake: I guess you could say they are "well-traveled".
  • Otacon: That is putting it mildly. The Traveler is quite the mover and shaker in the world of Teyvat.
  • Snake: Hmmm...still looks like an anime swordie to me.
  • Otacon: Don't let their appearance fool you, Snake. They are capable of wielding powerful element attacks. My analysis shows they can use both wind, ground, and electric elemental attacks. Not only that, they can also call forth allies in battle.
  • Snake: You seem to know quite a bit.
  • Otacon: Well, that's my job. To collect information.
  • Snake: This wouldn't be the same game that you were playing in the break room, is it?
  • Otacon: No! Well......yes...but again, for studying purposes!
  • Snake: And the same game where you spent over eight-hundred dollars to get Raiden Shogun.
  • Otacon: I kept getting bad rolls! It was the fault of the system!
  • Snake: Well, hopefully, you ended up getting her.
  • Otacon: Yes! And she is awesome!
  • Snake: I should be grateful I don't have to fight her then. I am glad that eight-hundred dollars worth of information proved to be useful for both of us.
Classic Mode Route: Exploring Teyvat
All of the opponents are based on the elements found in Genshin Impact as well as the general progression with the Traveler going from region to region. These regions are based on real-world countries or continents.
Round
Opponent
Stage
Music
References
1​
:ultpit:
Garreg Mach MonasteryPit and Garreg Mach Monastery were chosen to represent the Anemo element but also the region, Mondstandt, which is the first to be explored in the game. Mondstadt is based on Europe.
2​
:ultminmin
Gaur PlainsMin Min and Gaur Plains are based on Liyue which is the second place to go to. Geo is the element for this location and, given Gaur Plains’ mountainous regions, it’s similar in appearance. Liyue is based on real-world China.
3​
:ultpikachu:
Suzaku CastlePikachu and Suzaku represent the element Electro and the region Inazuma respectfully. Inazuma is based on real-world Japan.
4​
:ultivysaur:
Gerudo ValleyIvysaur represents the element Dendro which is based on nature. Gerudo Valley is based on the more desert locations of the region, Sumeru. This region is based on the Middle East, India, and Southeast Asia.
5​
:ultcorrin:
Prism TowerCorrin represents the element Hydro while Prism Tower represents the region Fontaine. This region is based in France which was also the inspiration for Kalos.
6​
:ultroy:
NorfairRoy and Norfair is a direct connection to the element Pyro and the region of Natlan. This region is based on North, Central, and Sputh America along with elements from Africa.
Final​
:ulticeclimbers:
The Summit (Battlefield)Ice Climbers represent the element Cryo. The stage represents the region Snezhnaya which, to this point, has been set up as the antagonist of the story. Snezhaya is based on Russia.

Palette Swap
TraveelrWhite.png

travelerstock1.png

White
Default (Female)​
TravelerYellow.png

travelerstock2.png

Yellow
Default (Male)​
TravelerRed.png

travelerstock3.png

Red
Based on Amber​
TravelerGreen.png

travelerstock4.png

Green
Based on Venti​
TravelerPurple.png

travelerstock5.png

Purple
Based on Lisa​
TravelerBlue.png

travelerstock6.png

Blue
Based on Xiangqui​
Travelerblack.png

travelerstock7.png

Black
Based on Hu Tao​
Travelerbrown.png

travelerstock8.png

Brown
Based on Zhongli​

Reveal Trailer
The trailer would be rendered similarly to other Genshin Impact trailers with a "picture that is slightly moving". While these play out, a captioned voice-over comes in.

"Many eons ago, a single entity emerged from the primordial matter. Bent on controlling all things under its domain and abroad, this entity and all of its variations." Master Hand seemingly emerges from a bright light in a background similar to Smash 64’s Battlefield.

"This entity brought forth a dark mirror of itself; surrounded in chaos and malice. The complete opposite but a partner to control." Crazy Hand then emerges from Master Hand. This is against a background similar to Melee’s Final Destination.

"From this malignancy brought forth a denizen of the metaverse; the embodiment of chaos and control. Order and madness. Chaining up those who craved control and chaos brought to ruin the universe from star to star." This shows Taboo with Master and Crazy Hand being chained to it as Subspace Bombs explode in the distance.

"The chaos and control convalescence into one entity whose sole desire was evolution. To evolve past the limits of control and chaos and to supreme rulership of matter itself. This was the core of its being." This shows Master Core and its variations, Master Giant, Master Beast, Master Edges, Master Shadow, and Master Fortress. This is set against the area where the Master Core variations were fought against.

Stage

Teyvat
Much like in the stage Minecraft World, I decided the stage should have three unique locations with each having its own unique setup. This stage does not transition or travel but, rather, stays affixed to this one location. This can be chosen on the stage menu or randomized in a manner similar to Minecraft World. Mondstadt is the main representative stage in the same vein that Grasslands is for Minecraft World and the main backdrop behind Battlefield and Omega. Like Genshin Impact, each version has day and night-time cycles. The options are
Let's take a look at each stage and how they work...

Mondstadt has a Paper Mario-like stage layout with a walk-off blast line to the right. To the right are platforms composed of a two-story house and a castle causeway. In the middle is a windmill which Mondstadt utilizes as a symbol. The stage is much larger than Paper Mario; being closer to the size of Gaur Plains thus making the stage quite difficult for certain characters. Barrels and crates from Genshin Impact appear on the stage which can be broken open to reveal items. The background sometimes features Stormterror as it flies in the background. It also contains an expansive view of the city which includes

Liyue is the same size as Mondstadt but differs in scope. It’s much more like Fourside with towers and pagoda's shooting up from the chasm along with ornate bridges. While it is set up like Fourside, it retains the same size as the other version so there are more stories to the buildings. There are five different buildings with two of them being connected by an arcing bridge. Much like Mondstadt, there are crates and barrels which can be broken apart. The background has an expansive view of Liyue Harbor along with the mountains in the background and even the floating Jade Chamber.

Inazuma is similar to both Onett and the first portion of Garreg Mach Monastery in that it has two walk-off blast zones with two-story buildings on either side. This causes Inazuma to be rather simple in comparison to the other two versions. It still retains the same size as the other versions though, due to the layout, it betrays the senses. Crates and barrels are also prevalent in this version. There is also an abundance of cherry blossoms in the immediate and far background as well as the hill of Inazuma City and the Tenshukaku. During its night sequence, fireworks shoot off in the background.

Cameos

There are five cameos per location with characters from these three cities:

Mondstadt

Diluc
Once a knight of Mondstadt,
Diluc has since left the organization and has become the owner of a winery.

Jean
Jean is the Acting Grand Master
of the Knights of Favonius. She is heavily involved in protecting Mondstadt.

Venti
A free-spirited bard who also serves as the vessel for Barbatos, the Anemo Archon.

Kaeya
The Cavalry Captain of the Knights of Favonius is beloved by his people.

Lisa
A scholar and librarian who manages the libraries of the Knights of Favonius.
Liyue

Hu Tao
She is the eccentric 77th Director of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor who, despite her oddities, is completely dedicated to her work.
Ninquang
Is one of the business leaders of Liyue who owns the floating Jade Chamber.

Zhongli
A consultant for the Wangsheng Funeral Home, he is also the vessel for the Geo Archon, Morax.

Ziangling
Ziangling is the spunky head chef of the restaurant Wanmin Restaurant and is always open to trying out new dishes.

Xiao
An ancient Adeptus, a supernatural being who seeks to protect Liyue, that keeps to himself.
Inazuma

Kujou Sara
A retainer and enforcer of the Shogun, she is a tengu who was adopted by the Kujo Clan.
Thoma
Originally from Mondstadt, Thoma is a huge player in Inazuma politics.

Raiden Shogun
The leader of Inazuma who acts as both the Shogun but also as the Electro Archon, El.

Aratakki Itto
An oni who leads the Aratakki Gang. While not evil, he certainly is a pain in the Shogun's side.

Kamisato Ayaka
Ayako is in charge of the internal and external affairs of the Kamisato Clan and is seen as the perfection of Inazuma.

Music
Here is a list of tracks that would do well to represent the Genshin Impact series:
Spirits and Spirit Battle
Here is a list of Spirits and Spirit Battles from content in Genshin Impact. With so many characters, it was hard to narrow them down to just five of them.
Raiden Shogun
Class: Legend
Type: AttackPrimary, 3 slots
Effect: Zap-Floor Immunity
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultlucina: (Purple)
  • Stage: Teyvat (Inazuma)
  • Music Track: Inazuma
  • Match: Stamina
  • Conditions:
    • The electric floor is active
    • Opponent's attacks deal electric damage.
Tartaglia
Class: Ace
Type: Grab Support, 2 slots
Effect: KOs Heal Damage
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultpit:
  • Stage: Delfino Plaza
  • Music Track: Whirl of Boreal Wind
  • Conditions:
    • The opponent often uses Neutral Special
    • Opponent has high knockback ability.
Hu Tao
Type: Attack Support, 2 slots
Effect: Neutral Special ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultpit:
  • Stage: Delfino Plaza
  • Music Track: Whirl of Boreal Wind
  • Conditions:
    • The opponent often uses Neutral Special
    • Opponent has high knockback ability.
Stormterror
Type: Attack Primary, 3 slots
Effect: Additional Midair Jump
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultridley: (Blue), Traveler (Female)
  • Stage: Skyloft (Battlefield)
  • Music Track: A Storm, A Spire, and A Sanctum (Dvalin's Nest)
  • Conditions:
    • Defeat the main opponent
    • Support fighter avoids conflict
    • Support fighter utilizes Final Smash often
    • High winds frequently happen on the stage
Bennett
Class: Novice
Type: Attack Shield, 1 slot
Effect: Fire & Explosion Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultshulk:
  • Stage: Tevyat (Mondstadt)
  • Music Track: Riders of the Wind, Onward
  • Conditions:
    • Opponent is equipped with Super Spicy-curry
    • Bomb-ombs rain down from the top
    • Opponent taunts often

Mii Costume
Here is a list of potential Mii Costumes that could come along with Genshin Impact content. These costumes focus on all Mii Fighter classes.

Picture
Name
Class
Content
Description
Paimon
:ultbrawler:
  • Paimon Wig
  • Paimon Outfit
Paimon is the mascot of Genshin Impact and the visual representation of the series. She acts as a guide to the Traveler.
Lisa
:ultgunner:
  • Lisa Hat & Wig
  • Lisa Outfit
Lisa is one of the first characters to join the Traveler's team. Being a wizard, she is capable of firing off magical spells. In place of an arm cannon, she utilizes a Catalystor, a book of spells. Lisa is noteworthy due to her enduring popularity in the series.
Xiao
:ultswordfighter:
  • Xiao Mask & Wig
  • Xiao Outfit
Xiao is a popular character who might seem out of place due to the use of a polearm rather than a sword. Luckily, Aerith from Final Fantasy also uses a staff so it works. This Mii costume comes with his popular mask.

Conclusion

Genshin Impact was and still is a massive player in the gaming world. Though, its appeal has slightly been reduced compared to what it once was during the COVID pandemic during 2021-2022. The game nets around over 60,000,000 monthly players on average, a huge statistic even if you were to say "most of the players are in China". It’s true that China does obviously account for a large majority of players due to it being a Chinese game. However, the game also enjoys wide international appeal. The United States accounts for the top percentage of players outside of China followed by Brazil, Russia, the Philippines, and Vietnam according to FictionHorizon. It also can't be discounted that East and Southeast Asia is a huge market for the game. Japan, South Korea, the Philippines, and Vietnam account for much of the fanbase. That being said, the United States accounting for more than 11% of overall usage excluding China is quite telling. As Smash tends to bill itself as the "greatest crossover in history", including Genshin Impact in some way, shape, or form doesn't only seem like a plausible situation but a very likely situation given its appeal and impact in the industry - a situation that Fortnite also sees itself in. Even with everything I included in the Traveler's kit, I only scratched the surface of what Genshin Impact has. Genshin Impact has tons of content and potential and is the first globally acclaimed Chinese video game. Wouldn't it make perfect sense to immortalize the series into Smash?

Credits:
Writing:
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Editing: @Zerp
Thumbnail Graphic: @Zerp
Social Media: @Zerp

Author's Note: I don't consider myself a dedicated fan of the series but it's one of those that I fire up every so often to play for like a week. And to see if I have any gifts from the developers to try and roll for a character. That being said, it's hard to deny just how impactful this series is to the gaming community. What do you think about Genshin Impact in Smash? Does it deserve that distinction? How did you feel the article did in portraying the Traveler as a playable character? Let us know down below!

Last edited:
Venus of the Desert Bloom

Comments

Ayyy, Genshin! I’ve been saying it’s a contender for next smash, especially with that Switch port that will surely come any day now just like with The Outer Wilds 🥲

I must say though that you forgot the new Sumeru region (which is strongly inspired by India and Egypt), some of their characters, and the Dendro element reactions?
  • Dendro + Pyro = Burning (DOT)
  • Dendro + Electro = Quicken (sets the stage for Aggravate or Spread)
  • Quicken + Electro = Aggravate (increased Electro dmg)
  • Quicken + Dendro = Spread (Increased Dendro dmg)
  • Dendro + Hydro = Bloom (ruptures after around 10 seconds, or instantly if it’s Nilou’s special Bountiful Cores buff in effect; can also become Hyperbloom or Burgeon)
  • Bloom + Electro = Hyperbloom (homing missile)
  • Bloom + Pyro = Burgeon (large explosion that can hurt all enemies in the area, and also yourself if you’re close enough so be careful)

Yeah I admit I have no life LOL

Last edited:
Ayyy, Genshin! I’ve been saying it’s a contender for next smash, especially with that Switch port that will surely come any day now just like with The Outer Wilds 🥲

I must say though that you forgot the new Sumeru region (which is strongly inspired by India and Egypt), some of their characters, and the Dendro element reactions?
  • Dendro + Pyro = Burning (DOT)
  • Dendro + Electro = Quicken (sets the stage for Aggravate or Spread)
  • Quicken + Electro = Aggravate (increased Electro dmg)
  • Quicken + Dendro = Spread (Increased Dendro dmg)
  • Dendro + Hydro = Bloom (ruptures after around 10 seconds, or instantly if it’s Nilou’s special Bountiful Cores buff in effect; can also become Hyperbloom or Burgeon)
  • Bloom + Electro = Hyperbloom (homing missile)
  • Bloom + Pyro = Burgeon (large explosion that can hurt all enemies in the area, and also yourself if you’re close enough so be careful)

Yeah I admit I have no life LOL
I chose not to include it, I didn't really forget it. I felt going with really the first three regions that have been available more or less within the first few years the series has been popular. Otherwise, the stage would constantly have to be updated with new and new regions and I felt, while interesting, it was just a bit too much; especially given all of the stuff I poured into the write-up. I excluded Sumeru as that is more recent and not fully completed according to my research. Also, I did it to save space and work as the article is easily over 25 pages long and needs to get edited. Took more than several days to just do that.

I also couldn't logically fit in Dendro. I originally had it in there and worked it out but left it out as it got overly bloated and confusing. I decided to keep with just the vanilla elements.

Last edited:
Top Bottom