• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
Woah there is no way I'm 5th I only lose to ESAM seibrik and nick riddle, and I just lost to shaky for the first time ever, and HRNUT was my only other non ESAM seibrik or riddle loss. I consistently get top 3 in my region and only lose to those 3 who are three of the best in the world at the snake MU, I'm pretty sure I have a winning record against riddle anyway or we are even which is still good, I don't think fatal or havok deserve to be above me

:phone:
You're bad tho LOL

And this is why I'm better than you

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
posted all my recent wins a few pages ago but anyway

anuar is a very old win and he's beaten me like the next 5 times we met
mike/rich/z/sky were summer 2011
pwii jerm and everyone else in texas was november 2011
vato was feb 2012

everything else i posted earlier has been from november through til now

and it hasnt been my intent at any point to downplay georgia. all of my posts have been strictly in response to other people downplaying socal and az
So anuar doesn't count, the Mike group counts kinda, and then the others are legit.

Still legit either way, having wins on people EVER is a great thing, but it makes you slightly less relevant to his case that those wins were a while ago (Considering they live in your state and not like...the last time you played them since it is OOS).

I would still give the whole thing to P1, honestly. I would love for anybody notable from WC (And by that I mean like...Socal's top 6) to comment, but they all use AiB or none at all.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think vato and P1 should be tied for now.

If this is becoming a matter of going into such great detail that a 3rd meta-layer of 'who-beats-whom has to be analyzed ["I beat A, who beat B, who has wins against C and D!"] then I don't think that it reflects the actual purpose of this thread ... looking at their wins and losses they're for all intents and purposes competing on the same level. DEHF is #1 on the Falco list because he plays on a level above the other Falcos. P1 and vato or not a level apart from each other no matter whom you'd give the nod - just let them share their spot and see how BigLou compares. Everything else is fruitless and impractical atm.

:059:

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I beat Fatal about 2 years ago

though that doesn't matter since bizkit is better than fatal now since he beat him

Roller

Smash Legend
If we're going with the Smoom wins from 2011 counting, which apparently we are (and that's fine) then my wins include

KingToon (#2 TL and #1 in PA during APEX)
Z (#2 Pika, #3 in NV)
Sparta Kick (#3 in MI at the time, beat Lain's ICs at same tourney)
Arty (PRd in IL and was on top 5 Falco list at the time.)
Speed (was #3 sonic at the time)
Tutu (PRd in MI, one of top Sheiks)
Hadesblade (one of the top Yoshis on here)
Asadelta (cause bigD listed him)
Azure Kenny (was #2 in MI at the time, behind only Lain)
DLA
Aposl x2 (top 5 pt)
Coontail (top 5 pt)
Tech Chase x2 or 3 (PRd in MI)
Coco x2 (PRd in MI)

More, but I'm on my phone and that's all I remember right now. (also why I didn't check exact # on list for some players.

Last regional I went to I tied with Lux for highest placing ICs, P-1 & DRN got same place)

I haven't been practicing at all this summer tho.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Okay, no wins from over 6 or 7 months ago should count as far as I am concerned, using year old wins is ********, what matters is what you've done lately.

:017:

Roller

Smash Legend
Those are all more recent than a year.

The oldest win there was ~9 months ago. Almost all are in last 7.

Also. We're in the 6th month of 2012, and Smoom only entered one tourney this year in January where he didn't do much.

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
Okay, no wins from over 6 or 7 months ago should count as far as I am concerned, using year old wins is ********, what matters is what you've done lately.

but if noone plays (insert low tier char here) and someone gets 1 or 2 decent wins they should go to #1 on the list because everyone else drops do to inactivity?

that sounds dumb to me and its basically how the Gamefaqs list died(inactivity and a single head hunter took half the spots)

although Darc talking about 2 years ago makes no sense either...theres no win here just *****es trying to take advantage of whatever rule there is in place

KageMurphy

Smash Master
but it's fatal
Lmao
but if noone plays (insert low tier char here) and someone gets 1 or 2 decent wins they should go to #1 on the list because everyone else drops do to inactivity?

that sounds dumb to me and its basically how the Gamefaqs list died(inactivity and a single head hunter took half the spots)

although Darc talking about 2 years ago makes no sense either...theres no win here just *****es trying to take advantage of whatever rule there is in place
Well, someone made a good point about a player getting more good wins with a character after 1 event then others who main them and haven't gotten good wins after like 3 events. Its a tricky situation I guess but I just prefer more recent results to account for players improvement/consistency.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Wasn't this already discussed? 6 months was the general consensus. Might as well be thrown in the rules at this point so people will stop making a case out of outdated wins.

@Roller, he also entered a tourney in April.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
Lord Xavier is a top 5 link. He's been getting top 3 at every RI tourney for the past 2 months. He's improved and he should be given credit for his improvement.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Yo Kage I need a partner for Aib doubles ladder. Let me and Nairo 0 to death the ladder son!
I'll give u a piece of the cash we earn (like 5 dollars)

It would be that easy money

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Mvd lol

I have wins on tons of people AND a regional win. Usually I don't care but I want credit for what I've done with Snake.

Credit where credit is due. If you wanna go into specifics as a player I think I still get the nod.

Dont hate brah, just let go and gimme mah spot!! It'll motivate you like it did with me.

MVD

Smash Master
Mvd lol

I have wins on tons of people AND a regional win. Usually I don't care but I want credit for what I've done with Snake.

Credit where credit is due. If you wanna go into specifics as a player I think I still get the nod.

Dont hate brah, just let go and gimme mah spot!! It'll motivate you like it did with me.

I'm not hating you know I <3 you brah! I just feel where I live is more difficult for a snake main than where you live

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
People are weird Havok. I used to want to challenge the first spot for lucas by looking at specifics(comparing youtube vids...what the player actually does). But people don't want to do that. They only want "results".

I would be like "I'm the only one that has DI mastered...are u serious?" Stuff like that but they didn't care. They only want player vs player results.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
MASTERING DI IS AN ADVANCED TECH ONLY KNOWN TO FEW!

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, FOLKS!!

Lol

But yeah, MVD's main beef (we were talking about it) is that SFL, the region where he lives, is full of known Snake slayers: Me/Seibrik/Riddle. We have all beat every Snake we have played at least once, both Seibrik and myself have winning records against Ally/Razer while Riddle is 1-1 with Ally, and honestly IDK the rest of his snake records. He thinks that since he can still beat them (he doesn't beat me) sometimes, it is more impressive than you winning in your region, especially considering you can switch off of Snake for MUs you think you will lose while he can't.

Perosnally, I give you the edge, Havok.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
Mvd lol

Someone needs to teach you how to beat kirby with snake.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
MASTERING DI IS AN ADVANCED TECH ONLY KNOWN TO FEW!

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, FOLKS!!

Lol

But yeah, MVD's main beef (we were talking about it) is that SFL, the region where he lives, is full of known Snake slayers: Me/Seibrik/Riddle. We have all beat every Snake we have played at least once, both Seibrik and myself have winning records against Ally/Razer while Riddle is 1-1 with Ally, and honestly IDK the rest of his snake records. He thinks that since he can still beat them (he doesn't beat me) sometimes, it is more impressive than you winning in your region, especially considering you can switch off of Snake for MUs you think you will lose while he can't.

Perosnally, I give you the edge, Havok.
Negro who called it an advanced tech? And if u watch youtube vids you will see most people don't even DI correctly/survive well. Chillax! :woman:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
@esam im actually trying to go solo snake.

@mikeray already did son. Thxs.

I know, but trying =/= not having another option. I respect you like hell, but you know if you played me in bracket you wouldn't go Snake xD

Pikachu+2sSnakey'all*****sbecrazyifyoudon'tthinkso

Negro who called it an advanced tech? And if u watch youtube vids you will see most people don't even DI correctly/survive well. Chillax! :woman:
Normally when people **** up DI it is because they are trying to buffer something before they get hit. I know that when I DI poorly I'm normally trying to grab d-throw really quick or sidestep. So yeah, there is always another layer.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
I know, but trying =/= not having another option. I respect you like hell, but you know if you played me in bracket you wouldn't go Snake xD

Pikachu+2sSnakey'all*****sbecrazyifyoudon'tthinkso
I'd punch you in the **** during our match. That'd be the last time you'd pick pikachu vs my snake. You'd also be talking an octave higher.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Also, I should be top 5 samus. I beat Mekos and Stingers with samus in tournament :D

@Mikeray I would win the set if you actually hit me, and the pain in my balls would subside a few minutes after, unless you had like a hammer or some ****. I'll take that W. Too bad you won't ever make it far enough in bracket to play me.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
yea but it's all about consistency son. When u say someone has mastered something it means they do it well consistently. You DI consistently well. Everyone is human and makes mistakes.

Point was no other lucas even Di consistently/survive well. U get it E to the Sam?

mikeray4

Smash Ace
Also, I should be top 5 samus. I beat Mekos and Stingers with samus in tournament :D

@Mikeray I would win the set if you actually hit me, and the pain in my balls would subside a few minutes after, unless you had like a hammer or some ****. I'll take that W. Too bad you won't ever make it far enough in bracket to play me.
POW right in the kisser

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
***** I was joking in the first place.

Also, no Snake will ever beat me in a set if I'm playing any sort of well.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
also lol at MVD saying he would **** hinkage and koolaid

Rofl snake sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom