• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Stop using strawmanning without knowing what it means and or using it incorrectly. I have not put up another argument for you to knock down.
you guys make it sound like he goes to a tournament once every 9 months.
It's the opposite, it's when YOU ignore MY argument and put up another for YOU to knock down, pretending to have argued against my point but actually arguing against one I wasn't making.
The post above is what I was referring to, it was a strawman because, like I said earlier, I hadn't even mentioned the list or Chu's activity.
I asked a question, then the question got answered by zinoto, so then i used information that I got from zinoto a few pages back to complete my point. When I asked I did not know. When i made the second statement I did. My question was not dumb, it was, infact, legit as it IS obvious that he has been pretty inactive (most will agree). If he has been very inactive, then it is not stupid to ask if he has done much as of late (the answer being no not really).

Please keep up with the conversation and stop trying to sound smug.
Fair enough, I guess I should read every post XD
However you'd still have to bring up YbM's placings to make a case for him.
I wouldn't say Chu is too inactive (more like chu inactive :awesome:), he beat Coney and Lie at Aposl's Birthday Bash which was in April
He also did well at IMPULSE, which was in June/July, beating Big D, San and Tin Man in bracket (dunno who he beat in pools, TOs lost the pool sheets I think)
Both of these tournies were in the last 6 months. And I only know of these tournies because I was watching the stream for the former and was AT the latter, there could be some other results in the last 6 months of which we're unaware simply because we don't keep track of him.

As for YbM, what does he have? AFAIK he has a win on MVD

DRN

Smash Lord
Salem does work though

and if it was the casee why didn't salem get placed over nick riddle?

I MEAN CAUSE LOLOL HE BEAT HIM IN THE DITTO LOLOL

you can't strip nick riddles accomplishments for one tourney thats why salem is at the number two spot

You can argue the same thing with Mr Con Con he did good one tourney beat larry
Automatic top 3?

And he hasn't done anything after that
I was referring to Salem getting instant second not first. Also mc pe did more at this tournament then Salem did at his first big one. Also it's not like he only got one good win.

:phone:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Arguing about Wolf like it actually matters lol.

You guys hop on anyones **** that does well at one tourny, half of you prob never even heard of MCP before WHOBO.

I agree in that ****** in a MK legal tournament >>> ****** in a MK banned tournament.

Deuce~
I agree mk legal tourneys are waaaay harder

No denying this

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
Arguing about Wolf like it actually matters lol.

You guys hop on anyones **** that does well at one tourny, half of you prob never even heard of MCP before WHOBO.

I agree in that ****** in a MK legal tournament >>> ****** in a MK banned tournament.

Deuce~
^^^ that

ive been watching mcpe for a while. he's not better than seagul, yet. maybe by the end of the yr something
will change. #3 spot is just fine for now.

also why do u guys have to be such ****s to everyone?? that sheik guy asked a question it got answered end of convo. everyone that called him stupid afterwards is just being a complete **** for no reason.

btw, is kage Murphy that big black guy also known as "EE" ?

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Btw do you guys count Mid-tier wins equal to regular bracket wins?

Because in the end, it breaks down to Mid-tiers being a side-event, some people might use mid-tiers as a means to figure out their opponent for the main singles bracket & sandbag n ****.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Pretty any bracket wins that isn't something stupid as **** (like All Brawl, Duelist, etc) counts towards this list, but obviously we don't just consider the person you beat, you also consider who they were using.

eg Beating Ally's Snake/MK isn't the same as beating his Pit/ROB/C.Falcon, but yes if Ally used Pit in mid tiers and beat DeltaCod and Will, those would be 2 decent wins for his Pit.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I like how only rob and seagull are saying mcp is #3

Super credible non-biased force of justice gooooooo

It's true, people on here know I was a disbeliever on MCPE, but results mean a lot to me so I no longer am a disbeliever. That being said, one tournament, when most of the best wins came in a side event, should NOT displace Seagull, no matter how hilarious I find it to be.

Megarobman beat tyser, why is he not #1 wofl?
Because I would have to win in KY, then NC, then in IL (where Fatal is going to be iirc), and then I'd still have to argue about me being better than both of those dudes. One tournament doesn't mean anything.

Irl
#1 Kain most consistant placement and win history
#2 Seagull very close second placement history and arguable even win ratio
#3 MC Pee had a good showing this past few months
#4 Pane has been semi consistent and has legit wins
#5 who cares no other wolves have met any of the above might as well leave choice

lol at people putting shiro above me who has done ......... absolutely nothing , that wolf who beat kira has done more ?

Also there is no reason Chudat should not have the #1 kirby slot
So, like, I make about 250+ playing Wolf, a year.

Meaning I do what I'm supposed to do.

Win tournaments.

I've beaten at least 3 players who are top 75 players this year. (kryz/lux/hb) plus various regional threats.

I beat the best players in my direct region (IA/NE/SD), minus Joker because he is my master and ruler of the world.

Uh, I mean you obviously have good wins, but when people come in (Orion) and say (Yo, you beat me, but you didn't even beat my main) and other people come in and question the validity of your wins...

IRL

Just saying, you are obviously really good if you beat Will and made it look easy, but don't forget.

I meant with :wolf: cause you have like 5 characters next to your name.

At this point in time, I think you should be 5th spot

:wolf: list:
1. Kain
2. Seagull
3. McPeePants
4. Pane
5. MegaRobMan
I'm okay with this. It might change in a month.

However, like you said...

McPP plays alts. He beat 4God with :kirby2: lmao. I think he took one round with :wolf:.
MCPE got put on here firstly by losing to reflex and beating 4God 1/2 with wolf, 1/2 with Kirby.

Sucks when people don't look at the facts and say stuff that isn't true, even if it is going to be true in a few months.

Look at facts, not hype.

Joe is definitely better than Mc PP.

:wolf:
1. Kain
2. Seagull Joe
3. McPeePants
4. Choice
5. Shiro
God damn I love when people have no idea what they are talking about lol.

Btw do you guys count Mid-tier wins equal to regular bracket wins?

Because in the end, it breaks down to Mid-tiers being a side-event, some people might use mid-tiers as a means to figure out their opponent for the main singles bracket & sandbag n ****.
I agree with this.

I'd be on the Link list if Low Tier tournaments count...

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
whobo mid tiers had over 60 entrants, I think the people playing wanted that money. Should be counted as a legit tourney, but obviously not regional/national quality

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Oh, a mistake on my part. I actually went through that alabamasmash site you guys have and you are completely correct. Kismet is definitely worthy of his spot.
Kismet is clearly really good, just hard to compare him to all the other Falcos cause his region isn't as skilled as NJ/NY or Socal, which is shown at Nationals.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I don't think a competitive discussion about character mains is stupid.

Follow me on Twitter - @ThePhenomenalEE

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I don't think a competitive discussion about character mains is stupid.

Follow me on Twitter - @ThePhenomenalEE
Yeah this is one of the few interesting topic's in smash.

next to Top 5 in the U.S or w/e since everyone gets salty with that.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'd be on the Link list if Low Tier tournaments count...
You honestly could be on the list because to get on that list you need to win once in tourney and have :link2: next to your name.

When you gonna be in Nc Rob? Come up to Md for a day or two and I'll house ya and such. Megabus goes straight from Charlotte to Baltimore.

:018:

Coney

Smash Master
with all this talk of WHOBO, surprised nobody's talked about atomsk

man is probably a better DDD than i am right now. he's actually pulled in results and wins whereas my only wins with ddd in the past year have been like...chu, mjg, poltergust, vinnie (NOT REALLY THOUGH LOL)

really wish i would have beat otori but whatcha gonna do

i was kinda skeptical at first since he only uses ddd on even/advantageous matchups but he's winning them consistently against people that are a challenge no matter the matchup skew, he's definitely better atm

unless i can regain my former glory, i feel it's only right to surrender the throne

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
You honestly could be on the list because to get on that list you need to win once in tourney and have :link2: next to your name.
Yeah to get the #5 spot its not too much of a stretch. ALSM went all Link at WHobo 4 not placing so well. Not entirely sure who he lost to. But if low tiers did count I believe he is the current record holder for that since TX actually had them.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
anyone saying dil is better than me now is drunk

holy still reigns as first for a bit till his results get too old
then me and stingers is w/e order
then dil and kira in w/e order

probably idk but I still stand by me > dil

mikeray4

Smash Ace
Same. Ally did say at one point that Razer should be #1, but I think we all thought Ally was still #1 Snake. He's just too good.
I agree TO AN EXTENT

Because

Ally uses other characters A LOT especially when his snake loses. I feel that the majority of Ally's success comes from his ability to have multiple characters at a top level of play. I honestly don't think that his snake is well versed in a good number of MUs, such as pika, olimar, and MK (depending on the tournament)

Razer has a ton of problems vs dumb characters
Fatal is inconsistent in singles
MVD is balls bad in the ditto
Bizkit uses MK and has a mikeray problem
Havok, like bizkit, uses MK a lot more than snake (so I've heard, it depends on who he plays)
I have a DDD (which seibrik taught me what to do, and I shall practice hardcore) and TL (which I'm getting much better at) problem.

Basically what I've seen as of recently is that Fatal, Razer, myself, and MVD are really the only people that go only snake and as of late fatal has done the best out of all of us with MVD comming in a close 2nd. Fatal has beaten vinnie, will, and Nairo (recently). And MVD has beaten mjg (hilarious time out). I dont know who razer has beaten and I've only beaten Bizkit (my bread and butter match) , PJ (who I also lost to), Hyro, YoshQ, and T.O Joe. Maybe one day I'll start winning these last hit games so I can start claiming some names.

*cough* Esam *cough*

*cough* koolaid * *cough*

*cough* fatal *cough*

*cough* DEHF *cough*

In conclusion its stupidly difficult to know which snake is the better "snake" player because we all have crap days, and some of us use 2nd characters and are *** with snake at certain MUs

EDIT***** Lord Xavier is the best link and would beat all of florida

-Shiro-

Smash Journeyman
So that diddy 3 spot?

Belongs to Vato :3

Wait I just saw I'm getting taken off for inactivity I went to E4U. How is that inactive? ? ?

I have some pretty good wins against my best friend zigsta as well (best bowser)

and if i'm getting taken off for inactivity that sucks I shouldn't be put under the almighty Ultimate warrior Mega Robs Man!!!!

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Ok, so looking at Rob's wins.......he has nothing but Tyser, Thugz, and Bpow. How are those better wins then the other :wolf:?

This is what I'm talking about, people are fighting for scrap spots.

"Well I beat Jokerman2314, who took a game off of Ryuts, who got M2K to 2nd stock high percents"

Like compared to the other wolf's why does it even matter?

Ex. 1

1: Esam :pikachu2:/:popo:
33: Kprime :pikachu2:
33: Z :pikachu2:

Ex. 2

3: Gnes :diddy:
17: Player 1 :diddy:
25: Fliphop :diddy:

Ex. 3

7: NickRiddle :zerosuitsamus:
25: DRN :zerosuitsamus:

The skill level between like the first two or three players of a character and the rest of the players is ********. I don't understand why people try to draw blood and complain about why X is better than Y, when most of the skill gaps are like this. This is why I think the thread is ********. After a while arguing over who's the best of the worst gets old.

If you're a Top 5 of a character, it should be evident. Almost seems like we're filling spaces because he's the best <insert character> that plays atm.

#justmy2cents

mikeray4

Smash Ace
I forgot to mention that illmatic is buttcheeks. Lose to Pocket Fox and Wolf moar lmaoooooooooo lolmkilmaiololamaoa mlolamaioaopamaloam

Peachkid >>>>>>> illmatic and nicole COMBINED.

cuz peachkid could beat CHIBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and illmatic couldnt

herd it here 1st

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Illmatic was really bummed after losing to me in winners he said he couldn't focus on much in losers since he was honestly one of the favorites to win the event. Still though, mad props to Bloodcross for that win, no johns.

Peachkid is legit, but I still think Illmatic is easily the best Peach. I also got to play him in a handful of matches Friday night at Syncs. Honestly Dissention was one of my worst tourneys while I was in my slump, and I was playing exceptionally well at Whobo, ESPECIALLY vs Illmatic. It was one of the two mid tier matchups I was looking forward to and preparing for the most. The other being Shaky, but that unfortunately didn't happen.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
@Mikeray4 - I hear ya buddy. And I am all for people who solo main characters.
...buuut his snake is just too sexy. He loses to the same people with snake that other snakes do or would lose to. With that said his snake looks sexier than the others. Just my opinion.

You should have seen it at SKTAR. He lost to Esam's pika with snake but was going in. It was real close. I think Esam has straight bodied every other snake except for MVD who gets tons of chances to play him(and they have each other dloaded).

@Chibo - You beat illmatic!!? OMG!! o_O. Good stuff!
Then again I am ignorant to that matchup.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
You should have seen it at SKTAR. He lost to Esam's pika with snake but was going in. It was real close. I think Esam has straight bodied every other snake except for MVD who gets tons of chances to play him(and they have each other dloaded).

All other snakes????

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
On what grounds is MVD bad at the Snake ditto?
He 2-0'd Bizkit at it at KTAR6 (admittedly a while ago) and I swear there's another video of him winning it...I think vs Fatal, not sure though, can't find it.
And then there's also him making that awesome comeback against Razer in doubles at WHOBO, though yes it's doubles and not much of a 1v1.

But to whom has he lost the ditto?

Edit: The video I'm thinking of is a long video, a Snake ditto and the thumbnail has both Snakes on PS1 near the windmill....maybe MVD isn't in it, maybe it's like Razer vs Fatal or some **** XD

DRN

Smash Lord
Ok, so looking at Rob's wins.......he has nothing but Tyser, Thugz, and Bpow. How are those better wins then the other :wolf:?

This is what I'm talking about, people are fighting for scrap spots.

"Well I beat Jokerman2314, who took a game off of Ryuts, who got M2K to 2nd stock high percents"

Like compared to the other wolf's why does it even matter?

Ex. 1

1: Esam :pikachu2:/:popo:
33: Kprime :pikachu2:
33: Z :pikachu2:

Ex. 2

3: Gnes :diddy:
17: Player 1 :diddy:
25: Fliphop :diddy:

Ex. 3

7: NickRiddle :zerosuitsamus:
25: DRN :zerosuitsamus:

The skill level between like the first two or three players of a character and the rest of the players is ********. I don't understand why people try to draw blood and complain about why X is better than Y, when most of the skill gaps are like this. This is why I think the thread is ********. After a while arguing over who's the best of the worst gets old.

If you're a Top 5 of a character, it should be evident. Almost seems like we're filling spaces because he's the best <insert character> that plays atm.

#justmy2cents
I lost to trela and Mvd x__x. Didnt realize they were bad to lose to

Tesh

Smash Hero
@Mikeray4 - I hear ya buddy. And I am all for people who solo main characters.
...buuut his snake is just too sexy. He loses to the same people with snake that other snakes do or would lose to. With that said his snake looks sexier than the others. Just my opinion.

Well Mikeray and Razer actually took games when they played ESAM. IIRC Ally got 3-0d or if he took a game it wasn't with Snake.

Not saying he wasn't or couldn't be the best Snake, but I think he has slipped a bit since picking up MK.

Ally is probably a top everything, but is he the best anything?

mikeray4

Smash Ace
On what grounds is MVD bad at the Snake ditto?
He 2-0'd Bizkit at it at KTAR6 (admittedly a while ago) and I swear there's another video of him winning it...I think vs Fatal, not sure though, can't find it.
And then there's also him making that awesome comeback against Razer in doubles at WHOBO, though yes it's doubles and not much of a 1v1.

But to whom has he lost the ditto?

Edit: The video I'm thinking of is a long video, a Snake ditto and the thumbnail has both Snakes on PS1 near the windmill....maybe MVD isn't in it, maybe it's like Razer vs Fatal or some **** XD

He's bad at the ditto.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The matchup chart has it at even. It's one of those matchups that constantly sways between 1 0 and -1 throughout all of Brawl lol, but usually Peaches are pretty adamant about them winning it. It's no worse than even for ROB imo. Peach does incredibly well on stage vs ROB, but ROB absolutely decimates her off stage and can actually land kills (unlike most matchups) from Peach's horrible air dodge.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Illmatic is amazing with Peach, but I think SlayerZ, myself, and LLOD are up there with him. plus slayerz and I are way more fun to watch on livestream, like at E4U :-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom