• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKD

Smash Lord
iceDX (rank 3 TJ lucario)
He's never been 3rd. Top 3 has always been tkd, ac, neneh. That hasn't changed for over a year or two.

Vato will be ranked in SoCal soon for sure btw, I don't know for how long P1 and Lie will stay up there (haven't even heard of them but I'm not from the US).

falln

Smash Ace
He's never been 3rd. Top 3 has always been tkd, ac, neneh. That hasn't changed for over a year or two.
oh, my bad then. could you link me to tj's pr? i couldnt find it so i just asked vato if he knew and he told me tj was 3 LOL

regardless tho ice is pretty good he beat pitbull when he came up to socal

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
yes the diddy list is a joke, it's a joke that it's even controversial. It's very, VERY clear my wins are better, and it's completely obvious that biglou's wins are much better.
Please give more knowledgeable posts or just shutup and get out.

Wedge upset someone at Apex in pools but I forget who...
Tesh vouched for him, he's likely going to take 5th spot.

Player-1 you arent the least bit aware of the skill level of players here, yet you want everyone to assume GA's odd ball players that dont travel are good based on your opinion. I think most people see the hypocrisy.

Yeah Id put Havok above Fatal at this point.

I agree with all the changes, although I think putting Koolaid above Kira is maybe premature. Im not sure what Koolaids wins are though so maybe.

Im also not sure about the super big drop for Fujin, does he have nothing recent?
@Player-1 stuff, whatever - I'll deal with that in a second.

@Havok > Fatal, I'm likely going to do that considering how consistent Havok has been compared to Fatal.

@Koolaid vs Kira, Koolaid recently got first at a tournament and took out a ton of big names (Fatal, Pelca, etc etc)

@Fuujin Not so much that he hasn't done anything notable recently, but moreso that he's getting outperformed by the people who are competing against him.

He 2-0 his entire first round pool, including logic (olimar).

2nd Round pools I believe he was in there with Nietono, not sure who beat him for 2nd seed.
Thanks for that update.
Wedge will be 5th for :sonic:.

Mikey Lenetia still plays (quite frequently) and we trade sets a lot. As for Big Lou, what are his wins? I'd support Vato being 3rd, but you and his wins are fairly close (yet again). SK92 is a really legit win as well is Reflex, but I don't know about Micaelis. He's good, but who has he beaten? Same goes for elev8, Ryker, Cam, Scatt (unless this is Scatz, which I deem impossible because Scatz is the best player alive :yeahboi:), etc. Billy has been inactive as well.

For Vato, who has Hall, Raz, Paper, etc. beaten. However, a lot more of your wins are on more "well-known" players, but maybe P1's have legit wins I don't know about.

As for me, I'm starting to remember why I didn't want to argue for a spot on this list and I kinda went unnoticed anyway, so I'll call it quits for now.

I think these changes should be made:

:diddy: list:

1. ADHD
2. Gnes
3/4. Vato_Break
3/4. Player-1
5. Big Lou (warranted his wins are legit)

:peach: list:

Mikey should go back on.

:sheik: list:

Tutu should be moved above Billy.

:mario2: list:

Stevo should be #1.

:falco: list:

Kismet should be on (minimum of 4th)

:yoshi2: list:

Poltergust should be moved (inactivity)

:wario: list:

Malcolm moved above Baseem
Thanks for your input concerning Player-1 and Vato.

I wasn't aware that Mikey still played, because he never posts anything anywhere.
He will likely go back on as 5th :peach:.

Why is Tutu qualified to move up?

I'll get around to Stevo.

Kismet isn't taking 4th that easily. Bloodcross and Pelca have a good amount of notable wins under their belt. I need more information.

Not taking Poltergust off, he attended Apex and outplaced everyone.

Malcolm may go over Bassem, considering his recent success at that one NY/NJ tournament.

I don't know why you think your regions wins are better than mine, like i never see this michealis person place high at nationals. A.C. is an AMAZING win(he beats TKD at some tournaments iirc, also beat tearbear the same tournament i beat him). you have waaaaay more random people on your list than mine. ex. : Spade, Ryker, Legan, Cam. You're shooting down my wins as if they suck or something but they are pretty good lol. Silly kyling beating Z recently. Kiraflax beating MikeHAZE. Hall is another amazing player who is overlooked, who almost always places top 3 in san diego tournaments. Awex another good one with recent wins on pitbull and zekey(both ranked)

why are you so mad? seems like you have your head so far up your *** that you've become blind by your arrogance

Edit: Stevo is an amazing mario and should be #1 due to no other marios being active or getting wins.
Thanks for your input on other players and their wins as well as your own. Try to refrain from insulting P-1 so we don't get into any arguments on this thread/it gets closed.

I'm going to put Stevo at #1 for :mario2:.

What wins from Roller/Dojo/Cheese/Smoom do I have to top, Illmatic?
Roller is gone, so it doesn't matter.

Dojo has recently been placing first, second, third in tournaments using ICs in the Dallas/Fort Worth scene here in Texas. I believe he's taken a set off of Denti.

Smoom is pretty inactive, but does some stuff here and there.
He beat Trela, Pj, and Gnes' Toon Link about 5 months ago, iirc.

For Cheese, you will have to look into that.
I know he places well in his area.

5th spot is pretty much open for anyone at the moment.
State your results/wins/losses and you may be able to secure a placement.

Oh yeah, who is steep? Lol. Is that StevO? If flame is on he should be 2nd if not 1st. I agree with the ealier proposals about Falco as well. SK92 3rd, Kismet 4th, Pelca 5th.

Also Slayerz IS great but I dont think hes ever really entered singles in a long long time. He made it through pools for one tournament once and then had to leave.
Kismet isn't taking 4th that easily. Bloodcross and Pelca have a good amount of notable wins under their belt. I need more information regarding him.

Thanks for the stuff on SlayerZ, I knew that was what happened.
I just heard that he 2-0'd everyone in his pools, including a few good players here and there.
Didn't know Mikey still played.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Neither you nor Vato's wins "suck" and I never said that. Both GA and SoCal are a stronger region than the Midwest, I just wanted to know who some of the players on your list were (also, if you listed them I must've overlooked them and apologize if you got offended). Vato's wins just stick out more because they are players I can recognize by name. If you notice I also asked him to list some of his as well.

The debate between you two has happened the last time we updated the :diddy: list and its gonna happen again. I just wanna make sure we get it right, that's all. I took myself out of the running so I don't think I have any reason to shoot down your region (especially since my boy Reflex is in there) or your wins.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Tutu should be #2 on the Sheik list, I love Ed, but Kyon is putting it on him :S

Tree asks to be taken off, so I guess replace him with Kilik.
Judo -> Tutu -> Ed -> Billy -> Kilik

Also, just my 0.02$, but I think it may be confusing for you Ill, unless you really don't mind, but maybe you should go down the list 1 by 1 for each character, and do them 1 at a time, would stop it from (for this post as example, lol) having like 6 different characters being discussed at once. Like I said, just a thought.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I did, but you ignored all of them
P1 are you gunna give Illmatic a hard time just like you do with me?

If you are:

advice to Ill:

Just acknowledge that he is correct and move on with making the list however you want!

Watch:

"Player-1, you're soo oooo oooo good with Diddy, I don't understand how you're NOT getting results with him!"

(proceed to place P1 4th/5th)

:troll:

Anyways I like your update listing, I wanna review it a bit and wait for others responses.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Falco list should be DEHF>Shugo>SK92>Bloodcross>Kismet
100% agree.

Mikey doesn't post on here anymore, so that's completely understandable. He only posts if it specifically warrants him (so pretty much never lol).

Sorry if I'm double posting (too many people posting lol), but I think we should do only like 1 or 2 characters at once. I have no idea how you've been keeping up this far Ill lol, this thread will be the death of you. I'm down with the idea of going by order of the list.

Also, a lot of it is because of Billy's inactivity, but Tutu has consistent good placings, a 2-0 record with me, wins over Mikey, Judge, and he'll probably be in here soon to add the rest lol.

EDIT: Crap got ninja'd lol

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Roller is gone, so it doesn't matter.

Dojo has recently been placing first, second, third in tournaments using ICs in the Dallas/Fort Worth scene here in Texas. I believe he's taken a set off of Denti.

Smoom is pretty inactive, but does some stuff here and there.
He beat Trela, Pj, and Gnes' Toon Link about 5 months ago, iirc.

For Cheese, you will have to look into that.
I know he places well in his area.

5th spot is pretty much open for anyone at the moment.
State your results/wins/losses and you may be able to secure a placement.
I was the highest placing solo ICs main at Apex. At that time I was considered in the Top 3 or 4 ICs. But I was diagnosed with focal dystonia so I knew my results would decline and insisted I was bad enough to be taken off the list.

However, my ICs results remained pretty consistent despite said neurological condition.

My recent tournament losses with ICs have been like Kain #1 in IL, Reflex #1 in AL, MJG #1 in MWW, and Fishbait #1 in KS. Everything else I've been using ZSS/Pit and lost.

I have wins on Seagull, Pink Fresh, Fino, MJG's Diddy, Bpow, Joker, Zeton, Judo, Hadesblade and Fishbait (MM), Bees (MM), and Meno (MM). I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head but like 99% people say I'm deserving so I figure I might as well buy into the hype now.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
I was the highest placing solo ICs main at Apex. At that time I was considered in the Top 3 or 4 ICs. But I was diagnosed with focal dystonia so I knew my results would decline and insisted I was bad enough to be taken off the list.

However, my ICs results remained pretty consistent despite said neurological condition.

My recent tournament losses with ICs have been like Kain #1 in IL, Reflex #1 in AL, MJG #1 in MWW, and Fishbait #1 in KS. Everything else I've been using ZSS/Pit and lost.

I have wins on Seagull, Pink Fresh, Fino, MJG's Diddy, Bpow, Joker, Zeton, Judo, Hadesblade and Fishbait (MM), Bees (MM), and Meno (MM). I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head but like 99% people say I'm deserving so I figure I might as well buy into the hype now.
In other words, I'm back ******

Player-1

Smash Legend
falco list imo:
1. DEHF
2. Shugo/Kismet/Bloodcross
3. Shugo/Kismet/Bloodcross
4. Shugo/Kismet/Bloodcross
5. SK92

Recently I just haen't seen that great of a performance from sk92 nor do I really see him travel that much out of AZ and when he does it's pretty much socal. At least the other 3 have good wins both in state and out of state

@kryst, ya i'm pretty amazing aren't I? But no, I liked the way you ran the thread for the most part, I always thought you were like as unbiased as an owner that you could get and made good updates based on actual arguments rather than what meatriders post.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Personally I think Kismet is better than Bloodcross, just don't know exact results. Only know of Kismet's recent tournament where he did really well

Link list imo:
1. Kirin
2. Scizor
3. Ninja-the-link-sage
4. LordXav1er
5. ?
No one cares

Player-1

Smash Legend
Personally I think Kismet is better than Bloodcross, but Bloodcross has some really good wins under his belt especially earlier this year, but recent kismet results are pretty awesome

@kain, yup pretty much

z00ted

Cassio youre arent the least bit aware of the skill level of players here, yet you want everyone to assume Socal/AZ's odd ball players that dont travel are good based on your opinion. I think most people see the hypocrisy.

@Vato, Oh i'm sorry, I didn't realize we had to list people who only place good at nationals as wins well there goes like your whole entire list except one player. Micaelis was at Apex, made it to 2nd round pools and beat mikeray there, although mikeray beat him the tiebreaker at his pools.

All of you guys (vato, cassio, zinoto) are doing the same thing you're accusing me of. Underrating GA/AL players and calling them 'randoms' "shooting down my wins as if they suck or something". Spade has beaten Billy (here's him taking reflex to game 5 at a recent tournament if you want some videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbCMZtL2g3k&list=PL08785F7535D68688&index=57&feature=plpp_video), Billy has beaten kismet at a recent tournament and my win on him was when he was more active right after Apex), Scatt has a win on 4God, Ryker went with us to Vengeance and got some decent wins in pools and bracket, got 33rd iirc, I'm not really sure of Legan's performance as of recent but he's DEFINITELY not a random. Definitely seems you have your head up your *** with arrogance a lot more than me. I'm also not sure if you're capable of reading since I already stated I wasn't mad, just that the list is a joke.

@zinoto, I already posted biglou's wins, and no lol legan didn't take me to game 5.
I'm going to review your wins/losses and compare them to Vato's in a second.

So I think I should be somewhere in the Yoshi list. Back when it was discussed like 100 pages back, majority of people agreed.
Some of these wins are starting to get old though since 2 months passed. Atomsk, Will, YoshQ, and Cheese. Will and YoshQ were mm's and there's also some local names but idk how much they're worth. On top of that I placed 5th of 59, 9th of 34, 4th of 16, 9th of 30 this season in ny/nj locals (I do have 2 placings that aren't great though.) As far as I know it should look something like this.

1)Delta-Cod
2)Poltergust (Hasnt been 6 months yet I don't think he should be taken off)
3)Hades/Raptor I haven't heard much from Hades recently but he does have impressive wins in his past
3)Hades/Raptor
5)Firefly Solid Yoshi that places well in his region.
Wow, this is some really good stuff.
Thanks for posting your wins and results.

Stingers BEAT chu and boss recently and what you took logic off the list he just won a tourney lol

Stingers is 2nd best rob at worst
Did not know all of that.
Stingers will move up, but not entirely sure how much yet. Going to talk about it later.

Falco list should be DEHF>Shugo>SK92>Bloodcross>Kismet
Noted, and I agree to an extent.

I did, but you ignored all of them
Not ignoring you, just super busy with this thread at the moment and I don't want to put my time into someone who is trying to derail it with insults.

Tutu should be #2 on the Sheik list, I love Ed, but Kyon is putting it on him :S

Tree asks to be taken off, so I guess replace him with Kilik.
Judo -> Tutu -> Ed -> Billy -> Kilik

Also, just my 0.02$, but I think it may be confusing for you Ill, unless you really don't mind, but maybe you should go down the list 1 by 1 for each character, and do them 1 at a time, would stop it from (for this post as example, lol) having like 6 different characters being discussed at once. Like I said, just a thought.
Thank you so much for all of this and I totally agree.
Forgot about my boy Kilik, he's had a few good wins down here - deserves to be 5th.

Regarding the thread:

I'm trying to revive smash competition and I feel as though this thread is without a doubt the best possible way in doing so. If I do this one huge update all at once to cover up for what Krys missed (he did a great job, it just stacked up on him) I won't have to worry about doing it all at a later time. I won't this list to reflect EXACTLY what is going on in the community so people will have a drive to go out there and do something for themselves and not think they will go unnoticed. If I get onto it now and stay on it, it's at least an attempt in doing something worthwhile for this community. Just using my knowledge of the competitive scene to the best of my ability while in the hospital with nothing to do. Sort of like a thank you to my scene and the smash community in general who have shown so much support while I'm in here.

advice to Ill:

Just acknowledge that he is correct and move on with making the list however you want!

Anyways I like your update listing, I wanna review it a bit and wait for others responses.
Thanks.

100% agree.

Mikey doesn't post on here anymore, so that's completely understandable. He only posts if it specifically warrants him (so pretty much never lol).

Sorry if I'm double posting (too many people posting lol), but I think we should do only like 1 or 2 characters at once. I have no idea how you've been keeping up this far Ill lol, this thread will be the death of you. I'm down with the idea of going by order of the list.

Also, a lot of it is because of Billy's inactivity, but Tutu has consistent good placings, a 2-0 record with me, wins over Mikey, Judge, and he'll probably be in here soon to add the rest lol.

EDIT: Crap got ninja'd lol
Regarding the thread:

I'm trying to revive smash competition and I feel as though this thread is without a doubt the best possible way in doing so. If I do this one huge update all at once to cover up for what Krys missed (he did a great job, it just stacked up on him) I won't have to worry about doing it all at a later time. I won't this list to reflect EXACTLY what is going on in the community so people will have a drive to go out there and do something for themselves and not think they will go unnoticed. If I get onto it now and stay on it, it's at least an attempt in doing something worthwhile for this community. Just using my knowledge of the competitive scene to the best of my ability while in the hospital with nothing to do. Sort of like a thank you to my scene and the smash community in general who have shown so much support while I'm in here.

/copypaste

I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT APEX.

Dude, you need to speak up more.
I know you're good and you place well with Ice Climbers, start manning up to it a bit at least!

Those wins are really good and can contend against Smoom's position as third due to his inactivity, I'm going to look into it shortly.

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Wins:
RichBrown
Z
Vato_break
Razimakaze

Almost beat:
MikeHaze (money match) took to game 3
X (tournament) Took to game 3

TKD

Smash Lord
Falco list IMO would be DEHF>Shugo>Kismet>SK92>Bloodcross

Just because of what I've seen in vids and live performances
Between Kismet and SK92 I don't know though, so SK should probably be above to be safe and give things time.

DeLux

I'd rather just beat Smoom out right by beating people, so 4th or 5th is fine. I don't like the "inactive" argument tbh lol

I'll just out accomplish people over time

He is also probably better than me, by a little, if not a lot

vato_break

Smash Master
I'm not sure why you throw insults at me(such as I can't read) but ok. Anyways i'll list my wins' wins to show the where they stands

Mr. Concon (top 5 luigi) Defeated Dehf who is a top level player
Vicegrip (top 5 ness) Defeated me awhile back, Mrconcon, and Lycan(PR 4th in Vegas)
Falln (Ranked 8th in Socal) sync, pwii, jerm, pitbull,mata, vato_break ,iceDX (rank 3 TJ lucario),awex,hall
Paper(paper recently traveled to NorCal and took top 3, so he should be considered a good win. results from that tournament
Jebus x2 (Previously Ranked) Recently beat Kiraflax and Zekey
Raz (Previously Ranked) Inactive but, had beaten X before he went back to utah
Zekey x2 (Power Ranked 10th in SoCal) not too sure about his wins here
Ozz (Previously ranked high on texes true skill rankings) Defeated Mata(top 5 PT), and pitbull?
Teba (Previous ranked in socal early in brawl, beat raz in his come back tournament) beat raz
Hall x 2 (Ranked 6th in San Diego) another one im not sure about. i think he defeated iceDX , siczor, and A.C. recently
Awex (Ranked 9th in San Diego) Beat pitbull and zekey recently
A.C. (Ranked 2nd in TJ) Defeated tearbear, falln, zekey, icedDX recently, maybe more from TJ tournaments, im not sure
Yoshikins(Ranked 8th in AZ) not sure about this guy but he's ranked in AZ
SillyKyle(Ranked 2nd in AZ) beat Z recently but other than that not sure
Kiraflax(Ranked 3rd in AZ) wins tournaments in his region
Sk92(Ranked 2nd in Vegas) places 2nd consistant in vegas, beat anuar and tearbear recently

z00ted

Player-1, Vato is making a whole lot strong of a case than you are right now.
You should try doing the exact same thing he is.

@DeLux I'm moving you to 3rd. Smoom hasn't done anything as notable as you have in a long time other than Trela and PJ. Your wins are practically the same, except you have more and it is more recent.

Can we just make this list top 3 to make EVERYTHING easier?
No, I've already addressed that we're keeping it at 5 to promote activity and competitive growth. Lowering the criteria is the lazy route out and will lead to nothing but less activity. I'm owning the thread anyways, and not complaining although this is practically a part time job atm.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I have no idea how he's making a stronger case than me when I've already debunked his arguments that I'm listing random wins and I've shown that all of my top wins (reflex, kismet, drn, 4god) are all better wins than any wins he currently has except maybe sk92

z00ted

Player-1, please relist your wins.
I want to compare them to Vato's.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Yeah Player-1 kind of has a point.

Vato's wins are good, but they are only on a local level other than SK92, rather than national or regional level. GA goes to OoS Regionals and went to Apex, none of Vato's wins have even travelled out of state, so we have to judge objectively by how those players do inside their own state

DeLux

@DeLux I'm moving you to 3rd. Smoom hasn't done anything as notable as you have in a long time other than Trela and PJ. Your wins are practically the same, except you have more and it is more recent.
No really, you of all people know how good Smoom is >_>
#4 or #5 if anything at all.

Awesome, so delux didn't quit after all.

And he says that he sucks when I suck more than him.
I figure that since I'm kinda stuck with the hand I've been dealt as far as physical issues go, I might as well not let it get in the way of my pursuit of being the best.

Nobody said it was going to be easy, they just promised it would be worth it in the end.

Player-1

Smash Legend
to be fair kain, saying his wins don't travel OoS is kind of an exaggeration (some of them went to apex zekey did, I think hall did as well or something) and they do travel to AZ (not that far but still), but yeah the vast majority of them don't really travel OoS

falln

Smash Ace
Yeah Player-1 kind of has a point.

Vato's wins are good, but they are only on a local level other than SK92, rather than national or regional level. GA goes to OoS Regionals and went to Apex, none of Vato's wins have even travelled out of state, so we have to judge objectively by how those players do inside their own state

vato's win on silly kyle, kira, and sk are all out of state when he travelled to arizona just last weekend...

edit: misinterpreted your post a little bit. a fair amount of vato's wins travel or at least have a better point of reference for gauging skill when enough of the players have beaten either established noteworthy players or players who travel a lot

for the most part when i see player 1 post his wins its georgia player who's recognized by beating other georgia players and i think reversing that argument on vato only works for a couple of the players on his list

mikeray4

Smash Ace
vato's win on silly kyle, kira, and sk are all out of state when he travelled to arizona just last weekend...
silly kyle and kira aren't great wins.

THERE I SAID IT. I SAID WHAT WE'RE ALL THINKING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom