• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Can I own this thread?
Lol, I don't think it's good for one person to own a large/active thread like this for a long time. Updating just gets really demanding sometimes and people can never keep up after some point.

This should have revolving ownership between the more neutral and trusted people. Like maybe every couple months.

:rosalina:
I like doing this thread. It's not like I want to quit updating. I asked for ownership for a reason afterall. I don't think it's too demanding for me as a thread owner to demand that others just let things flow and change when we get to it during discussion. It'd be dumb for me to just change a character's list to top 5 current members when I don't know what order they should be in, nor would I know the credibility of some people stating "OH so and so doesn't play anymore"...

Anyways if you're all that impatient for a change of the list, how would we go about changing things faster? How would we faciliate discussion so that each character is updated? Number of people owning the thread wouldn't do zilch unless something like that is addressed.

Right now I already have a back in my mind list of the stuff that needs to be changed, and I will comb every character anyways when I do change it (likely after I get some sleep back, stayed up all night reading for Modern Iraq class)

It's just a matter of looking at old posts that is time consuming. It's like Mafia...

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I've read every post of this thread and am more knowledgeable on players' success in tournament than you are. I also have a ton of time on my hands.

You don't have to give me it if you enjoy owning it, I'm just saying it would move by a lot faster.

Roller

Smash Legend
Technically it's possible Kira :I

Z for 2nd cause Anther has vanished from the face of the ear-th I;

Y THRZY Y :pichu:
Firstly. I beat Z at Genesis. When I was exceptionally bad. Instead of just kinda ok. This makes him forever free in my eyes.

Secondly, Anther showed up to a 40 man tourney last month, and placed top 5. And I've been playing with him quite a bit recently. He still plays.

The legend lives.

Also, K Prime>Z, imo.
i agree z for 2nd
He's so free tho.

Roller might be in the top 5, he got better recently, beat sparta kick recently (sparta kick beat lain the same tourney)... he drowned in his R1 pool at APEX by losing to only 1 person, and he beat Kingtoon (seed 1) in his pool. Delux should obv be in the top 5 at this point. I think Lain could be in the top 5 as well if he does really well @ RoS in Canada in 2 weeks.
I'm honored to have you consider me even as a possibility. Though I think Lux is better than I am currently. And Hylian is when he actually practices, which granted.. Is not that common anymore. It's also not looking good for me getting to RoS anymore. =/
Vinnie
Lain
Hylian
Smoom
Cheese

I'm still deciding on who to bump and who to keep in order to throw ESAM somewhere and you on there too DeLux.

Some help would be nice. How did all of these players fair if at all at Apex? And is Hylian done or still playing?

EDIT: btw we cool sorry for not responding.

ESAM/Vinnie
Vinnie/ESAM
Lain
Smoom
Hylian/DeLux if Hylian isn't active any more.

ESAM should get 1st but I don't want to knock Vinnie off unless people are like "yea vinnie does more work with GW and/or ESAM is doing better with ICs than all of their mains" or something.
My list would be

Vinnie
ESAM
Lain
Smooooooooom
DeLux
Who is Ed? I've never heard of this entity. Also...No offense to Fyre, but Luckay>her. He always places top 5 in our region. He's beaten Lie and some other notables. Though, I think Luckay>Pitzer as well.
Ed is legit, and should be where he is on others' lists. I would say Tutu should be 3rd, but seeing as I play him every week, I'm more than a little biased.

Luckay however should DEFINITELY be top 5 for Pit.
1. Vinnie
2. vVv ESAM
3. lain
4. Smoom77
5. Hylian
There is no way I'm top 5 lol sorry lux. The only reason I do well with climbers at all is because I'm a smart player and I have a ton of experience. I haven't played or practiced brawl consistently in probably over a year now, I drop almost all my chaingrabs...I just am not keeping up because I don't have the desire to. When I practiced a ton in 2010 I legitimately thought I was the best IC in the usa, I'm nowhere near as good as I was a year or two ago, and you and others have gotten significantly better.
LOL @ nobody wanting the 5 slot.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I've read every post of this thread and am more knowledgeable on players' success in tournament than you are. I also have a ton of time on my hands.

You don't have to give me it if you enjoy owning it, I'm just saying it would move by a lot faster.
My pace and my "less" knowledeability of player status if you want to call it that also force me to be even more objective and reasonable for every small change. It allows less bias. Not saying you WOULD be biased, but I feel it helps.

I would however appreciate your input from here on out and I will definitely consider an Owner system if the rest of the thread sees it's fitting. I know you are pretty knowledgeable of this community. You travel more and main a worse mid tier character. :troll:

Now, I have nothing to do for about an hour and a half so I'm gunna look through this topic, and see what to update for now. :)

EDIT: currently making chart easier to update and easier to see. hope this works.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
You've done a GREAT job on the thread.
It's seen tons of improvement since Miles owned it.

You still are doing an impressive job, I'm just putting out the idea in case you get flooded with work or whatever.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Firstly. I beat Z at Genesis. When I was exceptionally bad. Instead of just kinda ok. This makes him forever free in my eyes.

Secondly, Anther showed up to a 40 man tourney last month, and placed top 5. And I've been playing with him quite a bit recently. He still plays.

The legend lives.

Also, K Prime>Z, imo.

He's so free tho.

I'm honored to have you consider me even as a possibility. Though I think Lux is better than I am currently. And Hylian is when he actually practices, which granted.. Is not that common anymore. It's also not looking good for me getting to RoS anymore. =/

My list would be

Vinnie
ESAM
Lain
Smooooooooom
DeLux

Ed is legit, and should be where he is on others' lists. I would say Tutu should be 3rd, but seeing as I play him every week, I'm more than a little biased.

Wrong ed XD...

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
:brawl:|
:woman:
|
:smirk:
|
:awesome:
|
:bee:
|
:)
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser
Mario​
|
Luigi​
|
Peach​
|
Daisy​
|
Bowser​

A TIER |:diddy: Diddy Kong|:snake: Solid Snake|:falco: Falco Lombardi
|
ADHD​
|
Ultimate Razer​
|
DEHF
|
Gnes​
|
Ally​
|
Shugo
|
Felix​
|
Fatal​
|
SK92
|
Player-1**​
|
MVD​
|
Bleachigo
|
BigLou*​
|
Bizkit​
|
Arty​

Still thinking . . . I guess I dont need character names now since it's gunna be so small. No more scrolling through!

EDIT: Thanks Ill. I appreciate your concern. I'll try my best to handle it better / faster starting today.

EDIT2: So Im gunna go through and get some updates ready, you guys decide if the formatting of the table needs something more. Replace all the "B" marks with small character-head icons, and the smileys with actual themed trophies and that's how I'm planning on making it soon.

EDITAGAIN: Lol actually maybe it's too small, I'll probably use :diddy: instead of :diddybrawl:... we'll see.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
What I have so far. I can't decide for RRR and Kewwky****** for Kirby, and I'm not sure on spots 4 and 5 for sheik.

:popo: |
Vinnie​
|
**vVv ESAM​
|
*Lain​
|
Smoom77​
|
**DeLux
:sheik: |
*Judo​
|
*Ed​
|
*Billy​
|
*Tutu​
|
**Tree
:kirby2: |
**Falln​
|
*Y.b.M.​
|
*Chudat​
|
**RRR​
|
**Kewkky​

BTW Lie is gunna be added. I saw his performance.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Smoom is Smoom77

Edit: I will also settle for Smoooooooooooooom

the number of "o"'s is essential

lain is also lowercase on smashboards

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
:diddy: |
ADHD​
|
Gnes​
|
**Lie​
|
*Felix​
|
*Player-1
:wario: |
Malcom McNutty​
|
Bassem​
|
*TheReflexWonder​
|
*Blue Rogue​
|
KrystedezPH
:popo: |
Vinnie​
|
**vVv ESAM​
|
*Lain​
|
Smoom​
|
**DeLux
:sheik: |
*Judo​
|
*Ed​
|
*Billy​
|
*Tutu​
|
**Tree
:kirby2: |
**Falln​
|
*Y.b.M.​
|
*Chudat​
|
**RRR​
|
**Kewkky
:rob: |
*Chibo​
|
**KiraFlax.​
|
Stingers​
|
Mr. Eric​
|
8bit
:pit: |
KiraFlax​
|
Krystedez​
|
~ED~​
|
Patriotic Zero (PTZR)​
|
**Luckay4Lyphe
:lucas: |
Mekos​
|
PinkFresh​
|
Ninjalink​
|
FAE​
|
GaleonPH
:samus2: |
Xyro​
|
Noid​
|
Sago​
|
*DtJ Th3 Composer​
|
**PH
:ganondorf: |
DLA​
|
Fonz​
|
*Breezy​
|
*Vermanubis​
|
Bloodynite​

Will fix usernames as they come along. PH means placeholder. Yeap, Im removing myself from Wario if people can think of a better person. If Slik has some results to show for, I'd like to put him on, otherwise let's hear your guys' opinions.

(I removed Geno Samus or w/e because I don't think he plays anymore. Correct me if wrong)
(I need someone to replace Galeon for LucaS)
(opinions on :rob:? ? ?)
(does editting this post over and over annoy you? :awesome: )

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You should put Newba as the #5 Samus because he's probably the only other Samus main in existence lol.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
ayy I forgot about Holy, has he been using ROB now? I know he's dabess, but I wanna be sure.

EDIT: Wait I may have inadvertantly removed t0mmy, does he even still play? for srs I don't remember if someone said he quit or not.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah, Holy needs to be #1 ROB, no doubt about that. I still think Lada should be up there around #4-#5, but dat regional bias.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

The legend lives.

Also, K Prime>Z, imo.

He's so free tho.

My list would be

Vinnie
ESAM
Lain
Smooooooooom
DeLux

Ed the :pit:. Not the :sheik:. I know who the :sheik: is. Look at my post and what I'm quoting. Unless someone is confusing Ed as a :pit: main.

:018:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
And the pit list got messed up lol

:phone:
I really want Fyre to be on top 5, and this isn't set in stone. I would like to think people would realize that Luckay goes Pika a bit here and there while Fyre is solo pit. I will look at their results personally to see. I know people have Luckay as crowd favorite.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
holy **** you did not put kiraflax above me
lol sorry

1. Holy
2. Tommy
3. chibo
4. Me
5. Kira

Just make that the list please

:phone:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I put ~'s for his name, I thought it was special characters, and I did it anyway to differentiate. I need to double check if he even has a swf profile lmao. I just know I've heard of him.

EDIT: Okay Stingerz, you're right anyways. t0mmy still plays right?

Holy, t0mmy, chibz, stingz, kira

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Ed the :pit: actually goes by ~ED~ in his videos anyways...

@Damix ehhhhh i think it's a bit presumptuous to say that. His only high high level match is him getting beaten by a sangbagging tkd. ALTHOUGH tkd himself has personally vouched for neneh and AC as good player so that's why i def. think ~ED~ deserves to be on it. Especially with his consistent 1st/2nd placings. HOWEVER, he doesn't have the wins kira/kryst has cuz he has never really traveled. Krys has wins over some top players like hunger, mjg, richbrown(in a MM though), and more. Kira has some high level wins as well as well as being mostly pit. Imho though, next time around, kryst should be over kira as he goes pit more it seems if he keeps up deluting his use of wario down to only a few. And seeing as he has much more recent accomplishments.

Player-1

Smash Legend
If Lie goes over Felix then I probably should too. Me and Lie are still pretty interchangeable due to him being the better player, but using other characters rather than Diddy. Also, I've been really consistent in my region. My last two tournaments in GA/AL I got 2nd to reflex both times and beating kismet both times, I still have some recentish wins over Kadaj, DRN twice (ZSS and MK), Micaelis, 4God (made it to bracket at Apex), elev8 twice (reflex's brother, great IC player), Saint (another great IC player), etc.. I did decent at Apex, I got to R2 pools losing to To Joe in R1 and Ally, Yukhoe, and Illmatic R2. I beat puffster and EE in pools, and beat Tyrant's MK in a MM (not that much money though, only $2, but still it's Tyrant, still a good win).

Personally, I think Felix is still better than me and Lie, he just doesn't get notable wins since he only stays in WA and loses to Jem every tournament and getting 2nd out of like 8 people. I'm not saying that I should be above him either, I'm just saying that if Lie is above him (whom I'm interchangeable with IMO) then I should too.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I like doing this thread. It's not like I want to quit updating. I asked for ownership for a reason afterall. I don't think it's too demanding for me as a thread owner to demand that others just let things flow and change when we get to it during discussion. It'd be dumb for me to just change a character's list to top 5 current members when I don't know what order they should be in, nor would I know the credibility of some people stating "OH so and so doesn't play anymore"...
You should probably just have each character board come up with the top 5 list. Those are the people who are the most knowledgable, though having some outside help might help.

You should put Newba as the #5 Samus because he's probably the only other Samus main in existence lol.
Disagreed. MK Mike is a Samus main and he's #6 in Nebraska.

Would like to point out that I beat the #2 Pit main in 5 dollar money match.

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
@Damix ehhhhh i think it's a bit presumptuous to say that. His only high high level match is him getting beaten by a sangbagging tkd. ALTHOUGH tkd himself has personally vouched for neneh and AC as good player so that's why i def. think ~ED~ deserves to be on it. Especially with his consistent 1st/2nd placings. HOWEVER, he doesn't have the wins kira/kryst has cuz he has never really traveled. Krys has wins over some top players like hunger, mjg, richbrown(in a MM though), and more. Kira has some high level wins as well as well as being mostly pit. Imho though, next time around, kryst should be over kira as he goes pit more it seems if he keeps up deluting his use of wario down to only a few. And seeing as he has much more recent accomplishments.
Well Ed does solo pit. When krys posts results it seems he goes Pit in pools and early brackets and pulls out wario when it really counts. Kira seems to use Pit and Rob about 50/50 so I find it harder to say exactly what they managed to achieve with their Pit.

I also support Luckay for a spot. His recent videos have impressed me.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
The distinction between luckay or fyre is really hard for me :p

Kryst has been easing into all pit lately if you haven't checked his recent results. Which is why i said a bit more of that and he could easily be over kira. Kira just goes pit more as of now.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
~Ed~ can look as good as he want, but if there are 0 results to back up his placing on this list then why is he here?????????

Put Chu on if ~Ed~ is. Also add JJwolf, Jumpman, and Germ for :wolf:.

:018:

Roller

Smash Legend
Z is so free to you that you didn't want to MM him on Friday night?
Okay, I'll give him that he is not free enough to beat after nearly getting thrown out of the venue for being drunk. lol

I called him out on Saturday in front of half the pikas tho. He said after some stream matches or something... Never heard from him again. I hear he was scared... :denzel:
If Lie goes over Felix then I probably should too. Me and Lie are still pretty interchangeable due to him being the better player, but using other characters rather than Diddy. Also, I've been really consistent in my region. My last two tournaments in GA/AL I got 2nd to reflex both times and beating kismet both times, I still have some recentish wins over Kadaj, DRN twice (ZSS and MK), Micaelis, 4God (made it to bracket at Apex), elev8 twice (reflex's brother, great IC player), Saint (another great IC player), etc.. I did decent at Apex, I got to R2 pools losing to To Joe in R1 and Ally, Yukhoe, and Illmatic R2. I beat puffster and EE in pools, and beat Tyrant's MK in a MM (not that much money though, only $2, but still it's Tyrant, still a good win).

Personally, I think Felix is still better than me and Lie, he just doesn't get notable wins since he only stays in WA and loses to Jem every tournament and getting 2nd out of like 8 people. I'm not saying that I should be above him either, I'm just saying that if Lie is above him (whom I'm interchangeable with IMO) then I should too.
I watched you play a bit at APEX. I'm sorry, but you are NOT interchangeable with Lie.

In fact, Zinoto looks better than you are, imo. Came out of nowhere but has been taking names like Mikey Lenetia, Anther, Lain, etc. You seemed like a typical Diddy doing typical Diddy things. And no offense, but your state/region is pretty weak compared to Lie's.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Damix if you seen the results thread each time I am always honest and say exactly when and where I use Wario. And even why. I used Wario 3 times at Don't Blink, once against Hunger (which I lost, having the advantage anyways), and twice against Kain. In GFs. After having beat him in singles semis.

Seagull, ~ED~ is on because of lack of participating Pits. If it turns out there is no obvious progress from him in his region in the past 6 months (which I'd appreciate it if Pits would help me cross check this), then I'll just throw our next best two that we're having trouble with: Luckay and Fyre. Luckay has very slightly better and MORE results from 2011 than Fyre. But Fyre is a goddess in doubles apparently. Still, they are on interchangeable playing fields atm. (don't remind me about doubles not counting much, I KNOW that. But I'm mostly looking at solo-pit ability and Luckay uses Pika sometimes more)

EDIT: somewhat ninja'd by Kuro lmfao. Anyways, research time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom