• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Thing - Game Concluded. What would have happened posted, mysteries tomorrow

Ronike

Smash Ace
Thanks guys, all of you. We managed to overpower the evil mod! YAY!!!!
Jk, please dont kill me... Please?

Oh and <3, good way to tell all the things where you are without telling us they arent all there.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Blair looks around the hallway, but all he sees are burned remains of the Thing they fought the day before

Dmitri closes the door once Gary is out, while Clint checks everyone. They seem fine.

I'm very close to closing the game. I know none of you want that, but my senior year is starting up soon, and I cannot really be bothered checking this thread for the two people that post.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
(In the interests of getting the game going, I'm going to subvert the usual channels of communication. Immersion and all that.)

Knife ready, Clint and I will toss the remains of The Thing into the fiery medical room, standing clear of smoke and fire. Meanwhile, we rouse all to see what they have for battle's sake.

Inventory!

I show them my molotov cocktail, my Avtomat Kalashnikova 47, and my knife. Clint shows his own cocktail, knife, and shotgun. We then continue disposing of the remains.

Formation!

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Sorry guys, I forgot to set up some sort of system for my character while I was going on vacation. I won't be able to post regularly, so I'll do it now.

I'd like to follow the group right now. If the group splits, I'll go with whichever group is the largest, irrespective of who is in that group. If both groups are the same size, I'll go with whichever one Chill is in.

If I am attacked, I'd like to fight back to the best of my abilities, and scream at the top of my lungs (although not so much that it would prevent me from breathing, of course).

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am present, with no effective weapons. I am a Doctor after all! I had a bottle of highly flammable substance, and I believe I still have a bottle of chloroform.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Im nigh positive I have nothing of real use, but I have two keys I think...

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
((OOC: can I sign up as a replacement? although, I might not be availible after september 4th. yr 13 starts for me then))

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I take the Doc's bottle of highly flammable substance, rip a piece of his shirt, douse it, stick it in, and hand it to Garry.

This makes the molotov count:

Clint: 1
Dmitri: 1
Copper: 2
MacReady: 1
Garry: 1
Nauls: 1
Windows: 0
Blair: 0

Let us go.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
(I think he wants everyone to concensus on movement... so keep that in mind Thing player reading this that hasn't posted)

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I'm back, so I'll take my character off autopilot now.

For right now, however, I'd like to continue to follow the group.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
I will move with the group

Sorry if I haven't been posting. I usually check my User CP to see if anyone has posted in this thread and sometimes it conveniently forgets to let me know.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Sorry yall, but I'm ending the game.

A large part of the problem with it was me, after activity died, I lost most interest in the game. I didn't want to update it for only two people. I kept on trying to get activity back, but that lies with everyone else loosing interest in it by that time as well. It was a combination of us.

I'm upset the game didn't end, but truth be told I should have ended the days earlier. Day 1 went on for what, 5 months? That's longer then a full mafia game has ever gone on for.

I really enjoyed watching you all play it, and not only because I knew what was going on for everyone, who was a Thing/not, and who was plotting against certain people. It was the more obvious stuff that made it fun, because you are all real people.

In the begining, you were all happy to just run out by yourself, or in a group of random people you didn't know. Now, if someone just left the room by himself, the next time you saw him you'd probably shoot him dead, just to be sure. If someone wanted to move with you in a small group, I guarantee you'd have a form of weapon hidden on you, Pming me to make sure your guy is wary and ready for an attack. The paranoia aspect really brought the whole feel of the game to life.

Even more then that was the leadership and teams that occured. Best example of this was the Lig/Ronike team, who just started out of the blue and kept up to become one of the strongest teams at the time they existed. Watching them PM eachother was a joy, seeing how they'd plan, and then bicker (like a married couple), but still be there. And then watching them take the flamethrower and firepower to assert themselves as dictators of the humans, willing to kill anyone who disagreed with them, was interesting just to see the Pms of the people who immediatly plotted to kill them. And then they unraveled, leaving a power vacuum forcefuly taken by the Russians and their ally Frozenflame. But leaving the lesson of Ron/Liggy, some of you resisted (aka Medio).

Also fun was watching the basic loss of humanity in you guys. It was very Lord of the Fliesish. You started out friendly and trusting, but soon fell down to the point where all of you where contemplating murdering everyone, with only a few you could trust. It even almost broke down into two tribes, one led by the Russians with their firepower, the other by Nauls for doubting them. Or (and this is the first revelation you guys don't know of) Liggy blocking the door when Nauls was in the burning room to look for Marthmaster, planning to trap him in there to die. Liggy stopped it before Nauls tried to leave, however. Look back, you'll see that i mentioned the door was closed :)

Don't think I'm just leaving the game like this, or that I'm even just going to do a lame "This is what happened, this is who everyone was, you all earthquake to death" ending. I'm going to write up a multi-paged summary of what happened after the last action, basing it on how you guys played and what i had planned. The game will end with a winner. So, don't reveal your roles, or secret information or anything. When I next post here, I'll show all. I'll even have awards!

Sorry for ending it, but at least it will go out with a bang.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Im sad its over, but Im happy you will be ending it. And I like the compliment! It would have all worked out to if it weren't for common...

ligolski

Smash Rookie
Also fun was watching the basic loss of humanity in you guys. It was very Lord of the Fliesish. You started out friendly and trusting, but soon fell down to the point where all of you where contemplating murdering everyone, with only a few you could trust. It even almost broke down into two tribes, one led by the Russians with their firepower, the other by Nauls for doubting them. Or (and this is the first revelation you guys don't know of) Liggy blocking the door when Nauls was in the burning room to look for Marthmaster, planning to trap him in there to die. Liggy stopped it before Nauls tried to leave, however. Look back, you'll see that i mentioned the door was closed
>_>
<_<

yea....tehe

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Every reason the original was so great...

Don't forget Scav's attempts to hack the computer, teehee. Hilarity ensued.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
By the way, I wasn't lying when I implicated MacChill as a shifty mofo. The last person to use the comp before me and Scav really did access both chess and the battery pack location file.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
By the way, I wasn't lying when I implicated MacChill as a shifty mofo. The last person to use the comp before me and Scav really did access both chess and the battery pack location file.
I never used the computer. So whoever did was either smart enough to try and impilcate me or they were just bored.

Oh and ligolski is a douche.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
If we're allowed insults, I'd like to point out that frozen is a dickweed and that he deserves all those Day 1/Night 1 deaths. >____________>

Top Bottom