• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Temple of Time: Zelda Tournament Results Thread

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I have no idea. Whoever organizes the thread can decide that. Usually I just throw everything I entered at a tournament in one result as long as I went Zelda. Did the same thing when brawl + was popular. But if the organizer wants separate posts for separate iterations that's fine too.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
NLL $5 Footdives 5/19 Orlando, FL
Entered as Geese Howard
9th out of 31 singles
3rd out of 11 doubles (Teamed with Trump :fox:)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=322690

Really was satisfied with doubles and hopefully the vids will be up soon. Singles I'm hitting a brick wall in the form of Kyon. Then got upset by my one of my friends who was having his comin out tourney lol. Time to dive into the lab to improve some more.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hope the vids come up soon. I have a pretty decent knowledge in how Peach works so I hope I can bring a second perspective on the matchup. His Peach is sexy though :(

Good **** Ed!

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
It's so crazy, no matter if I go Zelda or Peach, he pushes me to the corner and just stuffs me there. I feel like I must keep some form of shield pressure regardless of character.

Kyon! Why you so good?!?!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I would not even use Zelda against Peach and neither Sheik nor Zelda are blessed with good shield pressuring abilities....

How exactly is he pressuring you?

Peach has a way of scaring opponents, making them play really defensively which is exactly what she wants since the pressure she applies is just insane. Like...if you shield too much, she'll cut through it like a knife through butter and once you release your shield, Peach can go in and do even more damage >_> Gotta keep an offensive mentality against Peach imo...

She's a huge pain to play against :(

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I'm pressuring with spaced Fsmash, Ftilt, and Dtilt. When I get sent away or if I'm at full screen of course I'm sending fireballs as well as looking to instant toss turnips back at her to get her to back off some.

Only way I'm able to get early kills is with kicks of course and Dair if I can read the recovery pattern because it mows through the parasol.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Back to Peach....I play Kyon a lot and the MU is at worst a -2. AT WORST! If Peach recovers low, she's dead because Dair plows right through the parasol. Like, it is hilarious how bad Dair is to low offstage Peach. Now it can be baited of course, but that is certainly there. Fighting on stage isn't that difficult since we have the ability to control turnips pretty well. Personally though, if she has a turnip in hand and in shield, I treat her like Diddy and leave her alone. She can punish our anything in that scenario. Pretty much agree with Riot on everything else. I used to believe that this MU sucked for us but it really isn't that bad. Honestly, most MUs we have are not that bad when you sit down and learn it. This I promise.
Ironic coming from you.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Geese is the man!!

@Fuijin: nitpicking my posts with posts from I don't even remember when. Attacking every post I make in the tier list thread. Attacking me when you were able to post in the top 5 thread. Attacking my OPINION in matchups. What is your problem with me? This has become a joke.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Just saying
I've been saying the Peach MU was *** for like a year now.
Yet you were quoted saying it "isn't that bad".
Now you're saying you're having trouble with a Peach.

Just pointing out the irony sis.
No shade involved.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
In all seriousness, anywhere I post you're not too far behind. It's always the same, some silly .gif and belittling my post in some sort of fashion, so I ask again, what is your problem with me?

As far as having the trouble with Peach, yes. Yes I am. Kyon is insane and keeps getting better. My trouble comes from his constant improvement.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Or because it's a terrible match up.

Again, just pointing out something I find very ironic.
I would do the same to Mocha, Riot, Cour, Aero, etc, tbqh.
You guys could do the same for me if you wanted.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
People's opinion of things change ALL the time. Just look at how the tier list has changed over time.

Like... matchups that didn't give me much trouble (Diddy) in the past is one of my harder matchups now. People improve, adapt, and learn how Zelda works and unfortunately, in the end, it works against her.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
The way you go about it at least in my experience doesn't just say "I'm pointing out something".

Maybe I'm bad at sifting through the layers and layers of sarcasm but when I'm made to look like I'm delusional, I get a tad annoyed to say the least.

@Kevin: I understand people adapt all the time. I was just a bit ticked off that he pulled a post from sometime last year and then chucks it at me "irony I suppose" when I say it's become difficult.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
That post was actually directed towards Fuujin. Just don't let his posts bug you (that's half of the purpose of his posts).

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Yew could just admit the Peach MU is terrible and that I was right the whole time.

Then we all win.

Or at least I do.
I don't believe I'm going to be acknowledging this post.

Anyway, all the doubles vids I mentioned before have been going up. I'll put them all up once they're all up.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one having trouble with Peach. It's not even the defensive/campy ones that give me a hard time, it's the super aggressive, frame perfect ones that are always in your face and never give you space to even think. Idk, maybe I'm not punishing things fast enough, maybe my choice of moves of dealing with certain things of hers isn't right - but needless to say, I'm not the only one with this problem, so it's not just me doing something wrong. Until I figure out what to do right, this MU is pretty bad, at least for me.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
it's actually pretty bad, it's been 2 times in a row that the same peach beats me in tournament =(

he's not precisely aggresive, but still it's a pain to fight peach...

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Even a mediocre Peach can beat a decent Zelda, as long as they don't do too many dumb things. A high level competent Peach is A LOT harder to deal with. Course, that can be said about anyone. Illmatic, who's one of the best Peach players, and also ranked in my region - has whooped my royal booty a ton in friendlies. His reaction time is amazing, and he knows how to play aggressive well. His weakness is that he rarely plays defensive (at least not from playing me). But then again, why would he need to, if his aggressive style was working on me? If I learn to punish his stuff properly and next time I play him, I'm interested to see if he'll actually change his playstyle to adapt to my punishes. Still, he's very good at being aggressive, and knows how to keep constant pressure on you.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
yeah, I know what you mean x_x

the main problem is that aggro peach is just too much pressure for Zelda...

just pick MK lol

Fuujin

Smash Champion
In all seriousness, anywhere I post you're not too far behind. It's always the same, some silly .gif and belittling my post in some sort of fashion, so I ask again, what is your problem with me?

As far as having the trouble with Peach, yes. Yes I am. Kyon is insane and keeps getting better. My trouble comes from his constant improvement.

Just some shade and karma sis.

I bet it's killing you to have me in the second spot above you and Ven for the Zelda list right now.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
LOL Man how far did you dig to find this!

Also, Nah. It doesn't really burn at all. That was just an opinion then. You've improved much since then although you can use some more vids up. Also, stop trying to make me look so bad man. I mean C'mon.....how long ago did I post that?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
LOL Fuujin.

You were really predictable with your air dodges in that video... like he punished it with a grab every single time. Massive amounts of rolling and Nayru's too. You did well against him though :)

No hate at all but I think Ed is the better Zelda. Ed just gets emo or something in that Top 5 thread, constantly saying how people are better than him when he should be saying the opposite!

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I just entered here to see what I had missed but seems like I came in right in the precise time to see some pointless arguing...

it's not cool to see Zelda mains do this :/

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I just entered here to see what I had missed but seems like I came in right in the precise time to see some pointless arguing...

it's not cool to see Zelda mains do this :/
Now look at this on the bright side.
I'm bringing this board some activity.
Glass half full ;)
LOL Fuujin.

You were really predictable with your air dodges in that video... like he punished it with a grab every single time. Massive amounts of rolling and Nayru's too. You did well against him though :)

No hate at all but I think Ed is the better Zelda. Ed just gets emo or something in that Top 5 thread, constantly saying how people are better than him when he should be saying the opposite!
lol you think everyone is better than me, so moot point.
Perhaps I should dummy my playstyle down so you'll think I'm better.

And yeah I wasn't playing great but I managed to go close with one of the top players Falcons after like my 5th tournament, yet it was apparently the "most atrocious vids" Ed had ever seen.

That's some shade if I've ever seen it.
He can't go around throwing shade like this then act dumbfounded when I come for him.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I agree Alan, although this time I don't think it's arguing lol.

Also @Aleate: Thanks for thinking I'm better, I'm just really humble on the forums. Normally I'm the guy with my fest against my chest and proclaiming my greatness irl, but in dealing with many people on SWF..... I just relax. Try to let my results do my talking. Besides, when you have posters like Fuujin who follow your every move, it gets annoying after a while. Anyway, that thread has become a popularity contest or a joke anymore so it kinda isn't worth it until it gets a little more serious.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Fuujin your Zelda is hella legit. And not everybody is better than you. You're a much better Zelda than I'll ever be among many others. All I can do is point out things I notice... when it comes down to actually playing, I'm quite bad.

We are lacking Ed vids though. They were always so entertaining!

Top Bottom