• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SURVIVOR series (Season 26 airs Feb. 13!)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Sandra is someone they could definitely bring back in an All Stars season.

Rob and Russell should be blacklisted. I love them both but 4 times is beyond enough.

Season 30 should be Heroes vs Villains #2 with a cast mostly comprised of people from season 21-29, but with a few throwbacks like Sandra, Parvati, etc.

So far my cast list of newer players would look something like this...

Heroes
Fabio (season 21)
Dawn (season 23/FvF)
Sophie (Season 23)
Kim (season 24)
Troyzan (season 24)
Malcolm (season 25/FvF)

Villains
Brenda (season 21/FvF)
Marty (season 21)
Cochran (could be hero or villain depending on how he plays in FvF) (season 23/FvF)
Phillip (season 23/FvF)
Colton (season 24)

We need more villains...

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I gotta admit, Russell getting voted out so early in Redemption Island and getting owned not once, but twice back to back followed by him crying like a little baby after all the crap he'd spewed in his first two seasons was the sole good thing about RI in general. People like him will never win Survivor because he has the uncanny ability to make everyone he plays with hate him and lose all respect for him within a few short days. He could play 100 times and lose 100 times. Hell, if he made it to the end 100 times, he would still lose. He's pretty much the textbook definition of how to NOT play Survivor.

And hey, Parvati dug her own grave in HvV by associating so closely with Russell and believing her own hype way too much. She played a far superior game in Micronesia compared to HvV. How bitter a jury is towards someone depends 99% on what that person does themselves. Plus, there's tons of documented cases of bitter jurors voting for people they're mad at, it just so happened that those people were good at handling the jury and that they were able to turn that bitterness around. Examples include Kim winning Kat's vote, Chris using his skills to get Julie/Eliza/Leann's votes, and Todd patching things up to get Frosti and Jean-Robert's votes among many others.

It kinda bugs me that people seem to think the guy who gets shoved down our throats is instantly good without actually taking the time to evaluate things and try to pinpoint why he lost and how he lost each person's vote while looking at why the people he lost to won them. Mario Lanza has actually done a phenomenal job of explaining why Russell lost both of the seasons he made the end on. Plus, his treatment of his own family at the South Pacific reunion show, and behaviours since (not to mention his infamous site "Russellgotscrewed" that was asking for donations) pretty much just shows him as nothing ultimately but a paranoid bully and a sore loser who can dish it out, but can't take any of it.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Arguing over deserving winners is a completely subjective argument though. It all depends on what qualities the viewer values in terms of determining a winner. While you could argue that Russell played a terrible social game (which he did) and didn't deserve to win because of it, other people like me could argue that he strategically played smarter and harder than anyone else on the island, and he deserved to win because of that. If I was on the Samoa jury I would have been the type of person that says "this guys a complete jack ***, but there's no disputing that this jack *** outplayed every last one of us."

And your assessment of Parvati is weird... Who was she supposed to align with? She was targeted from day one she had no choice but to align with Russel. Like Jem said the only reason Sandra won was because of the Hero tribe's hatred for Russell, and unfortunately they threw Parvati in the same boat since they were aligned together. Parvati wasn't even all that close with Russell in the first place... She made moves on her own. In fact Parvati was the one who single-handedly saved the villain's ***** in the first place when she played her two idols. That was a game changing move. Sandra wouldn't have even sniffed the final 3 without that move. There's no way in hell Sandra wins that season if it weren't for a bitter jury.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Actually, there's been a lot of evidence that her move with the two Idols turned OFF a lot of Heroes because the way it was done was something she got forced into doing by Russell and with how Russell treated the Heroes and her being viewed as quite close to him, she was viewed as guilty by association. That being said though, what matters to win isn't the viewers perception on deserving, it's the perception of the jury of people actually in the season and "deserving" is whatever they want it to be so in order to win you have to cater to and properly be able to read what they value in a winner. Many juries value different things, but at the end of the day how a juror votes will always come down to "I feel most comfortable saying that I got beaten by/lost to X". That's how the game has always been and how it will always be.

Jem.

Smash Master
My only problem with Russell losing Samoa is what Russell said to the jury. Russell was taking all the bullets when the Foa Foa Four had to make a 4 to 8 comeback to dominate the end of the game. Natalie and Mick weren't exactly against the scumbaggery like Sandra. As Russell said: "Here they are high fiving me after every blindside I pull off" The snake should win when the other finalists were coat-tailing off it. Galu was just mildly butthurt Russell found a way to eliminate all of them pretty much all in a row

HvV was different, there is no way Natalie or Mick outplayed or outwitted Russell, he did all the work. Your jury is highly dependant though. If you look at all-stars and RI, Boston Rob's jury scenario was pretty much the same. The All-Stars jury just didnt appreciate it as well. The RI jury was saying "Look, he was a bit cruel, but it was brilliant." Hantz was brilliant in Samoa whether people like him or not

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
The All-Stars and RI jury situation is slightly different as a number of things involving the jury involved personal friends of his that he had known for years prior, and you're typically looked at far more negatively if you backstab your best friend of 3+ years than if you just vote out someone you only knew coming into the game. In HvV with Sandra voting Rupert when Danielle went, she did so accurately guessing from knowing him that he would hold himself responsible for what happened and still vote for her to win since she had offered to help him multiple times.

And really...of course Natalie let Russell take the bullets for the things that Russell did. After getting Erik voted out, which caused Galu to implode, if they were all getting mad at Russell for bragging about how he was kicking their butt, then what's to say her going "Yeah...he's so mean, isn't he? I can't believe he'd do something like that." and egging on their hatred is a bad thing?

Jem.

Smash Master
If Sandra didnt hate Russell, Sandra doesn't win HvV.

Why should someone who coat-tailed off the snake win? The snake should only lose when there is a person who was against them at the end. If youre voting with the snake, youre pretty much saying you're okay with how he is playing. I mean, you cant honestly believe there was any good reason for Natalie to win Samoa, there is a reason she goes down as one of the worst winners of all-time in Survivor. Even Probst mailed Russell Hantz saying he deserved to win Samoa and that it was a huge shame that he didn't.

What I mean is, Rob's game didnt exactly change TOO much from All-Stars to RI. He had no best friends going into All-Stars either. He lied to people, he'd cut their head off when the time was right. The RI cast was just a lot more appreciative of how he played. He lied to everyone except Philip and Natalie pretty much on RI lol. Even Matt, the hardcore Christian, voted for Boston Rob to win the million after Boston Rob blindsided him not once, but twice. And that is mature of Matt, Natalie and Philip weren't worthy of winning. The thing that bugs me is like Lex's speech. Oh, okay, you're mad at Boston Rob, but here you are telling your best friend OUT OF THE GAME, Ethan Zohn, that you can no longer play with him and that you're voting him out. Lex was also with blindsiding Jerri. Well what's the problem Lex? You were okay with blindsides until it was your turn.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I feel like a broken record but, in RI the ONLY combination that Rob could win against was Natalie and Phillip. If Ashley won the final Immunity, then she wins 8-1-0 or 7-2-0. The jury didn't vote Natalie because she gave an awful jury performance and didn't vote Phillip because he essentially threw it instead of owning up that he was intentionally acting as he was to get Rob to take him to the end. And yes, Lex's speech was annoying because he was a hypocrite, just as Russell being upset that things didn't go his way and crying in RI was hypocritical because he was okay with treating everyone else like crap and voting them out saying how it's the game until it was his turn.

I really feel like I've explained the Russell thing 1000 times, so I'll just link you to these, and have you read them. They explain pretty freaking well (dare I say perfectly) using actual facts, rationality, and how the game of Survivor has worked to explain why Russell lost both times. Plus, they're pretty funny. It's also worth pointing out that PROBST HIMSELF called out in the pre-Samoa "Probst Cast Assessment" video just WHY Russell wouldn't win. In his own words he said "He may get second, but he damn sure ain't gonna win!".

http://funny115.com/v2/50.htm

http://funny115.com/v2/2.htm

Jem.

Smash Master
Can I just get an official quote from you that Natalie outplayed Russell Hantz? Mick and Natalie (And Russell) don't make it to the end without Russell. Like I can't honestly believe you think Natalie was worthy of winning or did anything spectacular. I've already said Russell butchered HvV jury really badly. But he 100% should have won Samoa.

And uhhh.. Pretty sure the only person Boston Rob would have lost to post-merge in Redemption Island would be Matt. And the way Boston Rob is, there is no way both of them would make it to the end, it'd be one or the other. I can't believe you just said Ashley would have swept house vs Boston Rob.. Ashley did the same equivalent nothing that Natalie did, except Natalie was okay with voting out Ashley. It would have been vice versa, Ashley voting out Natalie and still doing the equivalent nothing. Zapatera had a huge mega Survivor hard-on for Boston Rob, and with good reason. He controlled the game from day 1 to day 39. The RI jury is how I wish every Survivors jury would be. Leave your emotions out, dont be bitter they outplayed you. Sit down, and decide honestly who played the best game. And without a doubt no one got close to touching Boston Rob in RI and no one got close to touching Russell Hantz on Samoa

I'll agree with the sentiment that Boston Rob also himself confirms: He is near 100% confident if he lost the last immunity challenge, he gets voted out. And he is unsure if he would have made it to the end if he was placed on Zapatera.

I'm not even sure if you fully get my point. I think Amber was worthy of winning All-Stars, although I felt Boston Rob was more impressive, but she wasnt unworthy by any means. But as Lex pointed out in his classic Boston Rob rip on speech.. Lex was butthurt at Boston Rob for lying and voting him out. Well, Lex was okay with backstabbing his best friend that he met in Survivor Africa, became friends with after Survivor, came into All-Stars as his best friend, then straight up told Ethan he cant play with him anymore and is voting him out. Then helped construct the blindside on Jerri. I dont remember him telling Jerri she was okay.. Mischevious of Lex? Of course. But it's the classic "I'm okay with blindsides until it's my turn" bit that is a bit annoying when people decide who should win the million.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Sure I'll make it official: "Natalie deserved to win Survivor Samoa instead of Russell Hantz because she knew that he would take the flak for everything that happened, make people hate him, and because she was the one who broke Galu by getting them to vote out Erik. She knew the jurors far more than Russell and proceeded to list off family members or close friends of everyone on the jury as well as what each juror did."

And, I've gone through and read several juror interviews, and actually gotten the info off of Sucks which, is obsessive to the point of finding interviews and such you wouldn't otherwise have seen, but the ONLY person out of that jury that had a "hard-on" for Rob was David. Contrary to what the edit may show, the jurors liked and respected Ashley, and if Rob was in the Final 3 with ANY combination other than the Rob/Phillip/Natalie combination, he loses. It doesn't matter if he has Matt, David, Mike, Julie, Ralph, Steve, Grant, Andrea, or Ashley there next to him, or what combination it is. If even ONE of those people made it to the end next to Boston Rob, the other 8 (or 7 if it's 2) would vote for that person (or those people) to win. The interviews and resources exist and actually aren't that hard to find if you look.

Jem.

Smash Master
I've seen them, trust me, and I have an account on Sucks. I just choose not to go there because people spoil the upcoming season even in non-spoiler threads. I'm not sure how much you can trust the interviews after the fact, though. I was shocked that the Philippines jury said Malcolm wouldnt have won he made it to the end at the live-reunion. Everything pointed to that Malcolm had a chance to sweep house no matter who he went against at the end. And that is without everyone seeing their jury statements though too -- Coach has a chance to win South Pacific if he admits he was manipulating people. Ozzy and a couple others said Coach was making them mad because he wouldnt admit what he was doing.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I've seen them, trust me, and I have an account on Sucks. I just choose not to go there because people spoil the upcoming season even in non-spoiler threads. I'm not sure how much you can trust the interviews after the fact, though. I was shocked that the Philippines jury said Malcolm wouldnt have won he made it to the end at the live-reunion. Everything pointed to that Malcolm had a chance to sweep house no matter who he went against at the end. And that is without everyone seeing their jury statements though too -- Coach has a chance to win South Pacific if he admits he was manipulating people. Ozzy and a couple others said Coach was making them mad because he wouldnt admit what he was doing.
Well, I only go to Sucks in times when the filmed seasons are done airing, but one hasn't been filmed yet. And you also have to take into account that editing will sometimes try to paint a different picture and often likes to portray the last juror as one that would likely win.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I've just started re-watching Heroes vs. Villains for the first time since the season was airing... SO FREAKING GOOD.

I STILL got chills when the contestants got off the helicopters to start the game.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The helicopter entrances are really epic so I hope they go for that.

I feel like I've been obsessing over the favorites so much that I've forgotten that there's even another tribe full of new players... I hope some of em are good.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Just finished episode 6 of HvV (the episode notoriously famous for the Tyson blindside).

Have any of you read any interviews or whatever about what was going through Tyson's head when he voted Parvati instead of Russel to split the votes 3-3? The blindside was so freaking brilliant on Russel's part and simultaneously so freaking dumb on Tyson's that it almost seems staged by CBS.

Regardless that is the GOAT blindside if you ask me. 6 vs 3 and the 3 end up victorious? That will never be topped.

Jem.

Smash Master
I think Tyson was tricked and also trying to play into Russell/etc good favor. Tyson just assumed Parvati was going so he wanted to lay the sting on her, although even Boston Rob admits that Tyson might have possibly been trying to get in good favor with Russell. Rob and Tyson are good friends but they never talk about exactly what happened

I think Tyson's exit interview said it best for that situation.. Sneaky ******* or whatever he said. Word ends in stard.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Actually that bit where he said that was from his exit one in Tocantins, because after that he said "Now I know how Brendan feels".

Here's an exert from an interview with him that aired after that episode, if anybody cares to see what was going through his mind on that topic.

Question: I know you've been talking to reporters all morning and I know you've been getting this question, so I hope you have a good answer... Dude, what were you thinking?

Tyson: [laughs.] OK. So on my way to Tribal Council, this is what I thought: Danielle, Parvati and Russell know that we're splitting the votes 3-3 and I know they're voting for me. But I want Parvati gone, so I'm willing to take the risk, because I was thinking that if Parvati and Danielle are smart enough, they'll vote for Russell just to save themselves, which seems like it would be a smart play. But I guess now, looking back, too smart. I would think that if you pit 'em against each other, you would think that the one side would be like, "OK. I'll vote him out." So that's what I was thinking. I was like, "But I want Parvati gone more, because I feel like she's a bigger threat right now, so I'm going swap my vote from Russell to Parvati and regardless of if Parvati votes Russell or not, she'll be the one going home." I knew Russell had the Idol and I knew that there was a chance that he could give it to her, but you wouldn't think that that would happen. I mean, I shouldn't have taken the risk, because I didn't need to, but you know... What happened happened. It was kinda like the stars aligned for everybody but me.

Question: When would you say you finally made up your mind to do the vote your own way?

Tyson: You know, the whole way to Tribal Council, I was just thinking about it. It just occurred to me like, "Parvati and Danielle could vote for Russell and then he'd be gone." But I know he has the Idol, which I want in my hands. And I know that if I get Parvati out, Russell will be my puppy dog and so I was like, "OK. It's a risk, but if it works out, it's going to put me in a super-powerful position." And so I contemplated and I kept going back and forth and then on my way up to vote, I was just like, "Do or Die. Gotta make a decision." So I just went with that. Really, I think Russell knew he was going home and I think it didn't matter to him whether he went home this week or next, but he knew that the numbers were so stacked against him that he couldn't win. Really, I think he was giving up and just kinda saying, "I'm gonna go out with a little dignity and give my Idol to my alliance and then just go home." I really think that he felt that he was done.

Question: Well, the editing of the show certainly made it look as he had...

Tyson: Tricked me?

Question: Exactly. No?

Tyson: Well, that conversation actually went more like this. Me to Russell: We're gonna vote you 3-3 and you either have to vote Parvati out with your vote or play the Idol. And he said: I can't vote Parvati out. And we left there and I knew that they were going to vote for me and he knew that we were going to split the votes. So that's why he went up. I think he was going to play it for himself and then he was like, "Naaaah. I know I'm gonna go sooner or later now. Nobody likes me. Here you go Parvati. I want to be honorable and noble like Coach." The shock on their faces was too genuine. I knew that they had no clue. They were definitely more surprised than me, because I knew the moment the Idol came out of Russell's pocket and into Parvati's hands that I was done.

Question: How did that moment feel?

Tyson: It felt about the same as the last time as I got voted out. A lot of viewers at home don't know that you can tell when you're going home as the votes are being read. Last time, I knew the moment that my name was read twice. I was like, "They got me. I'm out." You have a moment to kinda reflect and pull yourself together. So this time, as soon as it was played, I was like, "I screwed myself and I also screwed my alliance." I mean, we had planned this plan and we had all promised it and it benefits everybody to go further in the game and so for me to do that was probably a pretty selfish move. Had it worked out, had I been there with Russell and him not being there with Parvati, he would have had to come to me and I would have another option in my cards. That would have been beautiful for me.

Question: Going back a bit, the episode was absolutely edited to make what happened last night look like a major triumph for Russell. It doesn't sound, though, like you viewed it that way? You think it was a desperate last move on his part?

Tyson: Yeah. That's what I think it was.

Question: From your point of view, Rob, Russell and Parvati, are they as smart as they all think they are?

Tyson: You know, I definitely don't think Russell is. I think he plays stupid and ended up lucking out. On top of that, Parvati and Russell have distanced themselves from the tribe so much... You can't do that in "Survivor" when there's nine people there. You can't push yourself away and say, "I'm only going to be with these two." They didn't try very hard to befriend other people or align with other people. You can do a half-***** attempt where you're like, "Uh, let's be allies" and then you both turn away and are like, "That was ridiculously stupid." That's what they were doing. They were just on the bottom of the totem pole and they were fine being there.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Exactly what I was looking for thanks LivewiresXe.

So now Tyson's vote makes more sense... Russel planted the seed that Parvati and Danielle might be voting Russel just to save themselves.

Man such a ballsy, ballsy move by Russel. If I were him going into TC I'd be thinking "there's probably like a 5% chance this will work... I'm ****ed" But he somehow pulled it out. o.0

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Exactly what I was looking for thanks LivewiresXe.

So now Tyson's vote makes more sense... Russel planted the seed that Parvati and Danielle might be voting Russel just to save themselves.

Man such a ballsy, ballsy move by Russel. If I were him going into TC I'd be thinking "there's probably like a 5% chance this will work... I'm ****ed" But he somehow pulled it out. o.0

Umm....what? Tyson is essentially saying he TOLD Russell to vote Parvati and TOLD Danielle and Parvati to vote Russell. I have no idea how you got THAT being a move by Russell or a seed being planted by him for anything.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Some of the stuff in that interview is conflicting because in the actual episode Russel is the one who pretends that he's giving up and will vote Parvati. It makes it look like Russel was the one who planted the seed.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Some of the stuff in that interview is conflicting because in the actual episode Russel is the one who pretends that he's giving up and will vote Parvati. It makes it look like Russel was the one who planted the seed.

Well yeah...of course the episode and editing would do that...The editors love Russell.

Jem.

Smash Master
The real question is: People saw Russell pull Tyson out of camp to talk to him. Why didnt anyone in the Boston Rob alliance go to Tyson and be like "Dude, what did he just say to you?" And snap the sense into him. You gotta play babysitter out there and find out what was said

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Well yeah...of course the episode and editing would do that...The editors love Russell.
Ehh they'd love anyone who pulled a move like that regardless of the luck involved.

But regardless of whether Russel was confident in his move or not he still knew there was a small chance Tyson might flip his vote, so the move was still very impressive.

Jem.

Smash Master
I came to the conclusion if Fairplay didnt quit Micronesia and lasted awhile and Penner didn't get evacuated, that might have been the best season (in my opinion). Micronesia is top 3 for me, if I had to impulse think of a favorite, I'd probably in cliche fashion pick HvV since it was entertaining throughout and had probably the most intense pre-merge inner fight ever with Boston Rob's alliance vs Russell Hantz'

Then I got to thinking.. This might be THE most entertaining season ever upcoming with Caramoan. Cochran, Philip, Brandon, and Corinne.. All on the same tribe. Not to mention others that will contribute and maybe some fans. And I don't think we'll lack a strategic game either, I think it'll still be intense in that department. But man, we are going to be entertained week to week. Going to be awesome.

WIDL

We Are Born
****ing stoked! I just hope that the faves win the first immunity or that one of the faves I don't care about (namely Brandon or Phillip) go home first if they lose. :p

WIDL

We Are Born
Can't believe Franny actually got voted out first again! LOL

But looks like Erik and Brenda are in a bad spot right now. Makes me sad. Also, I really like Cochran this time - he surprised me. Then again, I hated him the first time I watched SP, then I rewatched it, and he wasn't AS unlikeable as I remembered.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
First favorite to get voted out will either be Brandon or Francesca I bet.
Francesca gets voted out first... And who looks like they're in trouble next episode? Brandon of course. Do I know Survivor or do I know Survivor? lol

Random thoughts...

- Overall the first episode was very good! Even though very few of the Favorites are "tier one" players most of them are very smart and know how to play so I'm not surprised at how competitive the first tribal was. I'm expecting every tribal to be very cutthroat.

- Cochran didn't disappoint but I was upset at how little screen time Brenda got. Malcolm kicked some ass in that first challenge as expected but I was pretty surprised when he got beaten out by Reynold in that second challenge. Looks like Malcolm may have finally met his match in terms of challenge domination.

- Cochran/Dawn looks like the potential power alliance of the season and unfortunately it looks like Brenda and Erik are on the outs. Phillip will probably end up being the goat strung along like he was in his prior season while Malcolm will make it into the merge but get voted out for being too much of a threat. Andrea and Corrinne are wild cards. Brandon is a ticking time bomb as expected. I really hope Brenda turns things around cause so far it's not looking good for her. I think a tribe swap would be really good for her and Erik about now.

- I'm loving the dynamic of the Fans tribe already... The "cool kids" alliance vs the rest lol. I'm interested in seeing if that alliance stays strong or if they're broken up somehow. So far the only people that have really stood out to me on that tribe are Reynold, the gay guy (I forget his name), and Shamar. Reynold looks like he has the potential to be a really good player but I'm kinda suspicious of his decision making skills since he seems to have fallen for that one girl already. If he's smart he'll tone the love down like Malcolm had to do in his first season. The gay guy seems genuinely smart and funny. I just get good vibes from him. Shamar is a complete idiot and has no business being on Survivor. The dude's picking fights with people on DAY ONE for crying out loud. Typical big guy who wants to win challenges but has no idea how to play the social game (James 2.0).

Can't wait to see how this season unfolds!

WIDL

We Are Born
The cool kids alliance is stupid. 4 is not a majority. I hope they realise how stupid it is. Shamar might be stupid enough to join them. And the gay guy (Colton called him "the gay guy" in Rob's podcast too I think, lol) is Michael. I liked him too, I like that he didn't rush into that female alliance.

Copy+paste from a comment I wrote on entertainment weekly four days ago:

I need Erik to make the merge (cuz he's ma fave), so I hope the favorites' alliances aren't set in stone yet. I also really like Andrea (though her approach this time kinda annoyed me) and Corinne too, but they are on opposite alliances of Erik, and I'll throw in Brenda as well, she's cool. I can't deal with Phillip again. But the faves looks like such a mismatch in terms of strength in challenges, don't they? Phillip or Cochran seem like the weakest in challenges. Though Phillip is a really slow runner, he actually has upper-body strength, so I would say Cochran is the weakest by far, but I like him atm. They can't lose Erik and Malcolm with this group of people if they wanna reach the merge as a strong tribe.
Looks like Dawn and Cochran could go far - I'm actually liking Cochran A LOT based only on this first episode. And I kinda disliked him on his first season. He seemed genuine and totally self-aware ("It's a new Dawn", was initally a lame joke, but when he realised what he said, it became a lot funnier). Cochran and Dawn put themselves in a good spot. Dawn is my current pick to win.

I think I'm gonna like this season, but with a lot of my favorites in the mix, and them being evenly split between both alliances, I won't be able to relax when watching the show. :p

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Lol thanks for the clarification... So his name's Michael. I wanna see more Michael before I declare him my Fans tribe favorite. I need to see more of the Fans in general.

My dream power alliance would be Brenda/Cochran but I just don't see those two getting along too well. They're both too strategic and would likely be gunning for each other instead.

I won't be able to truly enjoy this season until Brandon is gone though. Here's to hoping that's next episode! :D

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So, is it just me or is Andrea even hotter this season than RI and the hottest girl on the cast? And I'm not sure whether to take my hat off to or shake my head at anybody who actually sat through the Colton podcast.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
She definitely got hotter. Brenda's still the hottest though (I am biased).

Hope and Andrea can battle it out for 2nd place. Need moar bikini shots.

Oh and Sherri is a MILF.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Hmm...good first episode. Francesca, why did you bother? But yeah, she's far too aggressive day 1. I would of stayed back and analysed more before just making a full frontal attack like that. People just look for those outspoken people day one and label them as threats.

I kind of give Phillip props for at least trying to formulate an alliance as opposed to coat tailing on one...but yeah I don't see him going much further than low jury. Well, so long as he doesn't have any crazy outbursts. Less he uses them to his advantage or something...

And Malcolm drops the ball again (literally) when it's a neck and neck challenge. Always greats at challenges except when it's like dead even. That's how Russell got ousted any ways, cause Malcolm lost that one challenge last season by a hair. So I don't know, Malcolm certainly has his slipups.

Lol, the cool kids. Trying to take over with less than majority. And 2 of them are already targeted due to excessive cuddling. GL.

Jem.

Smash Master
Francesca was first boot whether she sat back or tried to form an alliance like she did. If she isnt around anyone, its an "easy" vote for people too. Although apparently there is a lot of drama with Andrea targetting Francesca. Since a bunch of Survivors are from New York, I guess Andrea hung out with that clique and Russell Hantz/Eliza/etc cursed her out via twitter @ being really disgusted what Andera did to Fran. Not sure if that means they were BFFs or not, but Lex straight up told his BFF (Ethan) outside the game he was voting him out on All-Stars lol.

I think that is a dynamic people forget about All-Star seasons. A lot of the Survivors have hung out with each other whether by choice of liking them or due to Charity rallies. I'm sure there are pre-game alliances formed or talked about or "what if we play together" scenarios.

First rule is to never believe the preview.. For all we know, Dawn can be crying because she feels bad for Fran, Brandon can be referring to looking for the Idol in the sense of playing like his Uncle. They say that because people are like "Wow a potential breakdown? Good tv!"

Agreed at being impressed by Cochran. In the pre-game interviews he was saying part of him wants to validate his flip in South Pacific, but he knows he cant do that. He also said he let down his fans the first time because he came off as a Superfan who would make big moves and be strategic and he really wasnt. Cochran made a good point though, he lasted until day 31 without a real alliance. Savaii constantly tried to vote him out, and then Coach just used him for the flip. If Cochran stays in a comfortable alliance, he isnt a target post-merge either. People are gonna want the head of guys like Malcolm/Reynold/Andrea/other alpha types because they feel like they are the biggest threats to win the game.

Cochran is pretty funny too. John Cochran@JohnMCochran
Thank you, Bikal tribe, for failing to point out the enormous zit on my nose.

Additionally, to the guy talking about what he'd like to see if there is another HvV season in the future: If Coach fell as a villain (Which is still surprising to me, but maybe they just really wanted Coach on that season) I'd like to see Ken as a villain too, I don't see a way where he gets perceived as a hero with the way he went out + the owning of the big KOTA alliance. I also would like to see Troyzan play again, I like people who want to be on the show more than anything. Also obvious picks like Kim/etc. And an under-appreciated winner: Todd Herzog. The problem is you can't cast too many people who are just "serious" type of people because you need the tv/drama from somewhere. Hence contestants like Philip/Tarzan/Fairplay/etc.

And even though I don't want to see Boston Rob play again (Which he said he never will, he got his wife/family/money/exposure from Survivor which he is forever grateful for) I honestly want to see Ozzy play for a 4th time. Without Ozzy the ending of South Pacific would have sucked. I was hyped to see if Ozzy would win his way back into the game. I'm also a Lex fan besides his massive cryfest during All-Stars when Boston Rob owned him. I think Lex is one of those guys whose deserving of a 3rd time playing -- He was an interesting character, decent-good TV, and not totally bad in challenges. Plus it adds the old school element to the game like when they brought Boston Rob back 12 seasons later for HvV after All-Stars.

I guess this depends partially on if CBS thinks they have a new school popular crew going on, if they need to bring back some older people. I think besides Boston Rob, when people think of Survivor they think of Parvati/Sandra/Russell Hantz. Cochran is really up there too, Cochran is by far the most popular new Survivor player since Nicaragua. Is Cochran gonna be the Survivor poster boy? Who knows. Cochran said some of his fans said no player has ever had as many confessionals as Cochran had in South Pacific (Which supposedly was around 34 confessionals)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
It's odd you say that Kenny owning Kota made him a villain. Hell, the Fang 5 was like the underdogs so to me Kenny owning Kota until stupid Sugar got a "daddy complex" makes him a hero, though villain seems to be what they label strategists.

Top Bottom