• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SURVIVOR series (Season 26 airs Feb. 13!)

Sariku

Smash Master
James is good, just not socially. Russell is good, just no social game. Rupert is just fun. Sugar and Coach, yeah. But at least Coach is entertaining.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
In fairness though, Survivor IS primarily a social game, and is even defined as "The ultimate social experiment" so...if you're the worst social player ever, then you're pretty much a bad player, lol.

Sariku

Smash Master
Not at all, :p
It's called the social game, but IN ALL FAIRNESS, it couldn't really be called the Intelligence Game of the Brute Strength game, since there are thousands of those.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
True, but if you want to play a game where you trash talk constantly and switch alliances literally every round while everyone gets pissed at you and are rewarded for it, you should play Mario Party. Hey....Russell could actually win that game! :bee:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Pirate Master was oddly entertaining, even though it got canceled just as it got good and the rest had to be watched online. And Big Brother CAN be good, but it has some of the most nasty and just downright vile people to ever grace Reality TV on it to where it's absolutely unbearable, I swear. I remember one year they had a firefighter and an EMT on it. They both spent hours bragging and laughing about how the firefighter used to drive really slowly if the person who's house was on fire was someone he didn't like so that they'd burn to death, and how the EMT would let people she didn't like die. Just a lot of people are the "I hate you to where I want to turn off my TV every time you're on screen" type that make it so you sometimes wind up hating half the house. But in concept it's essentially Survivor in a house, but from merge on at the start, you can only vote to evict one of two people, and someone who wins a challenge, decides who they are.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Hey Liveswire, that "terrible contestant" has gotten to the top 3 twice in a row. If you think he's a bad player than you're delusional.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm not delusional actually. You can make it to the end 1000 times, but if you have a 0% chance of the jury EVER voting for you to win, then you're still a horrible player. It's how you get to the end, not whether or not you do. Watch the seasons that, oh I don't know, are pre-Russell where he's not calling himself the best ever only to whine and whine when he gets shown to suck. Russell is a laughing stock and a joke by each and every single Survivor veteran and all-star for good reason.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Look at it this way, Russel flat out beat many, many "All Stars": He DESTROYED Boston Rob and Tyson, he outwitted JT big time, he turned against his own alliance for his own personal benefit and got Danielle out, and most of all, him and Parvati were the main reasons the Heroes lost last season.

See all of those people that were voted out thanks to Russel (many weren't included)? How many were out because of Sandra? Oh yeah... One freaking contestant. Whooo hooo. If Russel actually had a decent social game he would be the greatest Survivor player ever. No questions asked.

Russel = Greatest Strategical player to play Survivor hands down

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Russell didn't 'destroy' Boston Rob. And he certainly didn't beat all of these great Survivors like you think he did. Besides, he was clearly given an unfair advantage in that nobody got to see even a single second of his season before Heroes vs Villains filmed, so while he had ample time to watch each of their seasons and see how they worked, they knew NOTHING about him except that he looked like a fat hobbit that can't wipe his own butt. You're simply proving my point about how so many of the stupid Russtards are merely falling victim to the fact that he was shoved down our throats so much for two seasons in a row that naturally you lose the ability to look at all the great (and far superior) players that came before him. Russell is the type who gives Survivor as a game a bad name, because he can't separate the game from real life and refuses to admit that he sucks when everybody, including Jeff Probst knows it's true.

And social IS strategy. You don't have to constantly make moves just for the sake of making moves to be a good player, and guess what? Any Survivor winner who's a million dollars (or in Sandra's case, 2 million) richer will gladly tell you that. Well, maybe except for Heidik, and that's because he's a robot who was built to win Survivor Thailand and is incapable of showing any emotion.

Look at it this way, in sports if you get 1000 breakaways and 1000 shots on goal, but NEVER ONCE score a single goal, or hit 1000 pop flies in baseball, you're clearly a pretty bad player in either soccer, hockey, or baseball respectively because actually succeeding in scoring is what lets you close the deal and separates those that are good from those that just think they are/wish they were good.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Look at it this way, in sports if you get 1000 breakaways and 1000 shots on goal, but NEVER ONCE score a single goal, or hit 1000 pop flies in baseball, you're clearly a pretty bad player in either soccer, hockey, or baseball respectively because actually succeeding in scoring is what lets you close the deal and separates those that are good from those that just think they are/wish they were good.
Going by your logic Boston Rob, James, Rupert, Ozzy, etc. are all bad Survivors simply because they never won... That's bad logic.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
They may not have won, but at least they're chances of winning were better than 0%. They at least took a shot at the right net in the right direction. Russell may as well have turned around, shot the puck at his own net, and had it fly so far off course it went over the glass and nailed a bunch of fans in the face. Twice.

Sariku

Smash Master
I'm going to refrain from giving my two cents in the argument, though I will say that I side with Real Gamer.
I'm playing Black Ops all night, so I won't be able to watch the episode until tomorrow around noon. So use 'dem spoiler tags!

I hope Marty, Jud, and Sash are okay though the episode, q_q **** off, Na'Onka!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I understand you refraining from taking sides, but do try to understand that the only strategy one should be worried about in Survivor IS Social gameplay. Even Russell should understand this as the only two votes to win he ever received were from the 2 people who were actually stupid enough to think they were his friends.

And I'll use spoiler tags, yes. Though Sash and Naonka can screw off yesterday.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Not to suggest anything, so don't take this the wrong way, but the only two people I've ever heard say that happen to be gay guys who also think he's hot. I'm not saying you're gay or that there's anything wrong with people being gay, I'm just saying what the case was.

Sariku

Smash Master
I was actually kind of pushing to see if you'd suggest that, x].
No, I'm not gay. Though for a guy, I do think he's kind of handsome. Much better looking than any of the other guys with the exception of Jud left in the game.
I just think the way he talks is smooth. His appeal is kinda skewed since when he had that slip, though.

Sariku

Smash Master
You know, going back to spoilers... sometimes I wished they were wrong, q_q I know my Marty would disappear this episode, but I just so hoped that maybe, he'd live. Q_Q
But onto next episode, AND BACK TO SPOILERS, it's going to be fun, :3
But since I know what happens, I'm not going to really talk about it much. since if I say anything, it creates paranoia, and **** like that. so I'll suggest something stupid...
umm...
Our first during-game Castaway death? :DD

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Lol, you know simply saying anything about future episodes, even "it's going to be fun" is actually saying something. And I think we're going to be hard pressed to find anyone that comes closer to dying on set without actually dying than Swanny from Samoa.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Probably because people either lost interest or aren't real fans.

Oh, and that PIP sports promo that shows clips from the reward and the challenge looks cool. I'm not sure why, but I just get this gut feeling that I'm going to like this episode...and I'm not sure why. Well, unless Naonka gets removed for intentionally burning down the camp (which I'm only saying since she seems the type to do something like that and there's a 5 second promo showing 2 crates on fire, I'm not saying that from a spoiler point of view).

Sariku

Smash Master
... :]
I like this next episode. I know I will. it will promise to be VERY entertaining.
Unless, of course, you're rooting for..

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, you already know who I'm rooting for and who I'm rooting against, so I think your last question/comment probably already has its answer even if I don't know it and won't until Wednesday.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Lol, aren't we all rooting for Kelly S? Well, I mean, I can't root for or against her because I'm not sure whether or not she actually exists.

Sariku

Smash Master
Dude, that guys hat is trashy, too. And it gets more screen time?
Jeff must HATE this girl, x] Maybe he asked her for a one night stand after the game and she refused?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Na Onka burning down camp??? HAHAHAHA....... LMAO I can't stop laughing at the thought of the tribe coming back from a challenge or something and reacting to Na Onka sitting in a bunch of ashes with a burning torch.

Top Bottom