• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Did anyone notice that it really feels like Sakurai & Co really went out of their way to fine tune the original Smash's roster this time around (At least, a lot of them)? Ness, Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and Captain Falcon feel like they're a lot more fine tuned than a lot of the rest of the cast... DK too to a degree though I can't quite grasp him.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Well, they DID get the franchise started...

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Double post since SmashBoards is being glitchy and the text in this box won't go away. :/

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I was literally just saying to someone this, but it's funny how smash 4 is the inverse of Brawl in this respect. When it comes to the original 12 in Brawl:

- :ness2: was blatantly low mid tier
- :luigi2: was blatantly low mid tier
- :mario2: was blatantly low tier
- :samus2: was blatantly low tier
- :falcon: was blatantly low tier
- :link2: was blatantly bottom tier
- :jigglypuff: was blatantly bottom tier
- :yoshi2: was blatantly low mid tier
- :kirby2: and :dk2: were blatantly mid tier
- Leaving just :fox: as semi-viable and :pikachu2: as good.

NOW take a look at smash 4's original 12.

- :4ness: is blatantly top tier
- :4falcon: is blatantly top tier
- :4mario: is blatantly top tier
- :4luigi: is blatantly top tier
- :4pikachu: is blatantly top tier
- :4fox: is blatantly top tier
- :4yoshi: is blatantly top tier
- :4kirby: and :4link: are at least mid tier (which is viable in this game)
- :4dk: and :4jigglypuff: are also viable mids
- Leaving only :4samus: as low tier, and ESAM pulled out :4samus: in CEO top 8 to take a game off Larry's Luigi.

It's so obvious they've put that much more care into the original 12, I think it's great. Most of them were designed to be very clearly good, and it shows. I CAN SEE THE LABOUR OF LOVE NINTENDO!

Last edited:

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
New thread will be up tomorrow then. I'll also include edits to the PSI Mag guide. Sorry guys. My wedding is only a few months away now and it's taken over my life.

Oh and I got a dog. The "prissy" AKC pure breed name is "On a Dark and Stormy Night" but his actual nickname is just Stormy. Here's a picture. We take him home in 8 weeks. :)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
New thread will be up tomorrow then. I'll also include edits to the PSI Mag guide. Sorry guys. My wedding is only a few months away now and it's taken over my life.

Oh and I got a dog. The "prissy" AKC pure breed name is "On a Dark and Stormy Night" but his actual nickname is just Stormy. Here's a picture. We take him home in 8 weeks. :)

Gwaaaaagh That's so adorable I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE!!!

Also that's wonderful news! I really hope you get everything out of the event, a good wedding is just such a great time for everyone. Geeee your life is really exciting right now Yink!!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

Congrats on both the wedding and dog.

Noa.

Smash Master

Yeah it's a very cute dog. It must be an exciting time of your life!

And Happy Fourth everyone! I know I had fun last night lol.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Yeah it's a very cute dog. It must be an exciting time of your life!

And Happy Fourth everyone! I know I had fun last night lol.
I had to stop at a hotel on my way home from vacation. I didn't get to see any fireworks. :(

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Thanks guys.

Our fireworks were great until the end where there was a massive explosion that definitely wasn't supposed to happen. Everyone was clapping and I was sitting there with my fiance and our friends nervously clapping. ^^;

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So I've never been here despite me playing Ness since Brawl and Earthbound is one of my favorite games. What's up?

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
So I've never been here despite me playing Ness since Brawl and Earthbound is one of my favorite games. What's up?
I can't help but want to give your post a Like. Damn you, DIO ! I want to keep watching Stardust Crusaders, but Ep.2 was just... *feels nauseous*

Some of us here are in their first playthrough of Earthbound. I actually ended it twice and I could do it a third time. And don't worry, there are more guys out there who still don't know about Smashboards. (sad but true)

AwkwardNess

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Awkw4rdAss4ssin
I'm feeling the pressure today. I can win a Ness amiibo by placing first in a doubles tourney today. The problem is, it's FD only, and it's 5 stock 10 minutes...
:confused:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Ya, I'm in the First EarthBound Play-Through Boat (Geez that's a long name).

Welcome to the Ness boards. Enjoy your stay. :) :p

D

Deleted member

Welcome to the Ness social thread. c: I'm still relatively new in this thread myself.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Is this on a higher difficulty? Or is this faked? Cause I haven't seen this yet...
I guess there's a possible leak saying that there'll be a "64 Classic" mode. That first image is part of it as is

But IDK lol. It'd be pretty cool though. Maybe real target tests then??

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
So there's a really weird, silly little glitch with Ness and TL on DL Omega I just found (to be honest it's probably got to do with a lot more characters but I just want to let you know where I discovered it) on 3DS. I was in battle and grabbed TL with a running grab near the edge, TL was held JUST over the edge and for some reason I couldn't pummel him nearly as fast as normal (it was like, half speed at best). It almost meant he survived Bthrow, lol.

I went back and tested it later on training and although it was hard to do consistently, it did work - at a very particular point, you can only pummel at half speed against TL at this very particular spot.

It was strange and weird, but hey I'm actually kinda happy I stumbled on a glitch at least! :p

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Lol, I'll probably never discover a glitch! Neat find, though unless it works on Wii U as well I'll never be able to pull it off myself.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
So my friend is starting EB Beginnings, and I've been witnessing his first playthrough.

He left his house, gung ho and ready for action. He almost died to a crow, chose to "use" his roll of bread (instead of eating it lol), then proceeded to die to Wally due to his lack of health.

This is entertaining.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
So my friend is starting EB Beginnings, and I've been witnessing his first playthrough.

He left his house, gung ho and ready for action. He almost died to a crow, chose to "use" his roll of bread (instead of eating it lol), the proceeded to die to Wally due to his lack of health.

This is entertaining.
:joyful:

I know what not to do when I start!

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917

He left his house, gung ho and ready for action. He almost died to a crow, chose to "use" his roll of bread (instead of eating it lol), then proceeded to die to Wally due to his lack of health.

This is entertaining.
That, my friend, is cruel. You musn't make him want to stop now. On my 1st playthrough, I only got lv2 thanks to a Hippy who rose my attack T.T, then got stuck in front of the pink stone leading to Magicant, only to get the trick on my 3rd playthrough T.T
That reminds me, I got Teddy in my team but didn't end the game yet... And the Tank is the best team member ever. Itoi nerf it plz. *insert Lenny Face*

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
That, my friend, is cruel. You musn't make him want to stop now. On my 1st playthrough, I only got lv2 thanks to a Hippy who rose my attack T.T, then got stuck in front of the pink stone leading to Magicant, only to get the trick on my 3rd playthrough T.T
That reminds me, I got Teddy in my team but didn't end the game yet... And the Tank is the best team member ever. Itoi nerf it plz. *insert Lenny Face*
So, should I keep Teddy over Loid when I play through it?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Lol I'm not discouraging him. I'm certainly helping him a lot, but as soon as he went to his menu when he got low on health I was like "WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT DON'T USE THA-"

"Ninten started dropping bread crumbs."

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Lol I'm not discouraging him. I'm certainly helping him a lot, but as soon as he went to his menu when he got low on health I was like "WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT DON'T USE THA-"

"Ninten started dropping bread crumbs."
He did what any logical person would do. If you start dropping bread crumbs for a crow, the crow will eat them and leave you alone in the real world.

But still, that is too funny!!!

Top Bottom