• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Grats on the win Ranias!!! :DDD

It's not too much about whether Diddy is better or worse than Ness, in this case what matters more is the idea we probably have a positive MU against him now, purely by virtue of the fact we win in the air now (Fair having a hurtbox is sooooooo big). <3

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
Yo, I just won a Wii U in a 29 man tournament with Ness. :D
Semifinals was against a good Diddy, and finals was against a good ROB.
I feel like this patch really helped with Ness's potential.

Diddy wasn't able to Down Throw -> Up Air for the kill.
ROB wasn't able to Up Throw kill as early.
Congrats on the win man! I really think that ness is in a comfortable place now, im not scared of the diddy mu anymore but still have to respect the monkey thanks to his glorious frame data.

I once won a 64 man tourney and got a $20 gift voucher, im jealous.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Awww man, I felt so good when I won my first tournament. The tournament fee was only 5 dollars but I got over a hundred (THAT WAS BIG MONEY FOR ME :p ) as well as a letter from Nintendo congratulating me (they were supporting the tournament I think) and a free copy of smash wii U from them as soon as it came out. :D

I really wanna go back to Australia and hopefully start winning tournaments again. The feeling is unbelievable.

Let us know where you guys all get on your PRs hey! :grin:

Ranias

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ranias
3DS FC
1864-9368-1757
Congrats on the win man! I really think that ness is in a comfortable place now, im not scared of the diddy mu anymore but still have to respect the monkey thanks to his glorious frame data.

I once won a 64 man tourney and got a $20 gift voucher, im jealous.
It was gonna be 64 max, but I guess not as much people showed up as hoped. Entry was $12(pre)/$15(door) and they had a sponsorship by Monster to do it, lol. I really wanted that Wii U man.

Manbeartigerphoenix

Smash Apprentice
If Smash 64 tournaments were more popular I'd be winning them all the time, only tournament we had I won only like $50 since there were too few entrants. :(

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
It was. Wuhu Island glitch is fixed, hence me wondering whether it was a fix to the boat or a fix to our dthrow.
1. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
2. That explains why I wasn't able to pull it off against my friend...

Guys, I'll probably have my hands on EarthBound by the end of the week (though my birthday is on the 28th, due to certain circumstances we are celebrating on 24th). Of course I asked for a $20 Nintendo prepaid card so I can get both EarthBound and the Mewtwo DLC. Once I get it, I'm going to have a LOT of questions, so I'd appreciate it if you guys could help me from time to time. Thanks!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Hey. Does anybody want to play? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and I need help improving.
Double post, sorry.

Sure, I can try to help you. Send me a FR if you have the Wii U version. NNID: ROBnWatch.

Earthboundy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Earthboundy
3DS FC
0173-1290-2436
I played on a CT stream for tournament. All my dreams have come true. I don't even care I got bodied I'm just happy to play on stream

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Hey guys. Once the fate of the ICies is determined I'm going to change my profile picture to my 5 (possibly six if they return as DLC) mains. I'd like to know, which of these pictures should I use for Ness when the time comes to put it together?
HNI_0020.JPG
OR
HNI_0021.JPG

I know it's not much but I wanted to keep the pictures simple.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I like the picture of the bat. In EB Ness is a psychic powerhouse but he's also the strongest regular hitter, and Smash took that idea on board when they made him. In Brawl it even tells you about how he relies less on his psychic prowess than Lucas. So I think you should give Lucas the psychic look and give Ness the classic baseball bat to showcase him. Also he looks very happy in the first pic and I love that. =P

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I like the picture of the bat. In EB Ness is a psychic powerhouse but he's also the strongest regular hitter, and Smash took that idea on board when they made him. In Brawl it even tells you about how he relies less on his psychic prowess than Lucas. So I think you should give Lucas the psychic look and give Ness the classic baseball bat to showcase him. Also he looks very happy in the first pic and I love that. =P
And we're tied. These "votes" end soon. So choose your favorite quickly! Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Then they decided to add PSI to his dair and utilt :p

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Then they decided to add PSI to his dair and utilt :p
...True, but it's still 1-1. "Voting" ends Tuesday at 4:00pm EST. Really interested to see how this turns out. I can't decide between the two pictures, so I'm happy to use whichever gets the most votes.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Neutral over the pics. I don't know which one to choose.

Fat lot that did to help d-air. Not sure about u-tilt though. Is it worse, better, or the same as Brawl?
If you're able to come up with a decision by Tuesday, please let me know.

Both of these pictures make me happy, and I got real lucky with the timing of the second one. Keep the votes coming. I CAN'T DECIDE MYSELF!!!

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Fat lot that did to help d-air. Not sure about u-tilt though. Is it worse, better, or the same as Brawl?
Lol yeah it hurt dair pretty badly. I find myself thinking "why not just use your foot Ness? -_-"
Utilt is more or less the same. You use it so infrequently that it doesn't really matter. It lost horizontal range, but AAs better now. I don't think I've ever lost to anyone's dair with utilt in Smash 4.

Noa.

Smash Master
I prefer the bat picture. The psi pose is difficult to edit and create photos with. Plus the bat pose is more victorious.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I prefer the bat picture. The psi pose is difficult to edit and create photos with. Plus the bat pose is more victorious.
The photos will only be cropped a bit to show just the character, though I may leave whichever Ness picture gets chosen alone, as I enjoy the background as well as the pose. Does that influence your decision at all or will you stick with the bat picture?

D

Deleted member

I love Ness's cyan palette design; it's honestly my favorite, even over his original design. I wish I could find a good picture of it aside from what's shows on SSB 3DS & Wii U's CSS thought; but I need to find out what exactly to search so I can get myself an avatar of it.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
OK, votes are at two a piece. Seems you guys are as divided as I am.

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
Baseball bat

Edit: we're really out of discussion ideas regarding Ness as a character arent we?

Last edited:

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
Baseball bat
So as of now it looks like I'll be going to my first Sm4sh tourneys in a month or so. Until then you guys need to keep making Ness look good xD

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I love Ness's cyan palette design; it's honestly my favorite, even over his original design. I wish I could find a good picture of it aside from what's shows on SSB 3DS & Wii U's CSS thought; but I need to find out what exactly to search so I can get myself an avatar of it.
White-shirt Ness is amazing for me. I've been called racist though for using it though. The salt can be powerful sometimes.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Actually? That's hilarious.

I actually never realised until 5 seconds ago that Ness' Fuel T-shirt was named that because of Fuel from M3. That's an awesome reference. :D

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
5-2 baseball bat. If anyone wants me to be using PSI Ness, you'd better vote. Votes keep going until Tuesday at 4 my time (I'll post when voting ends). Thanks for the feedback so far.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
So I got the Mother vocal soundtrack today. It's sooooo weird/good!:bluejump:

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
Hey y'all! I mained Lucas in Brawl, but because he wasn't original in the roster, I decided to just main Ness, and I must say that he is REALLY good in this game. Better than Brawl, IMO!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Hey y'all! I mained Lucas in Brawl, but because he wasn't original in the roster, I decided to just main Ness, and I must say that he is REALLY good in this game. Better than Brawl, IMO!
Welcome to the Ness boards.

Also, my sister votes PSI Ness. 5-3 baseball bat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom