• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

Meccs

@Meccs_
Dthrow was actually nerfed from 9% to 7% in a previous patch. All of his %'s are the same in 1.06

Tikao

Smash Ace
M2's uthrow isn't even close to our bthrow in terms of killing power, but it is a nice killthrow, that kills from everywhere on the stage. M2 in general seems like he might be a good character for me, not a toptier kind of char, but he has some nice tools

Last edited:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
RECKLESS! *tackelhugz*

So I think we might have a kill throw contender, if you know what I mean. ;)

I'm investigating Ness now. The only major thing I can see is that Dthrow now has an aesthetic that shakes the screen slightly. Was it also reduced from 9% to 7%? Not sure.

Dair seems to have just a tiny bit less ending lag. I can FH use it and fast fall after it whilst landing safely. Doing a SH Dair still sucks though.

Did Fthrow always do 11%? Actually can we get pre-patch numbers on all of Ness' throws? Post-patch, Dthrow is 7%, Fthrow is 11%, Uthrow is 10% and Bthrow is 11%. Bthrow doesn't seem to have changed, it's just as powerful as ever. Rage is also still very much in the game so we don't have to worry about that at all. Was Bair always a whopping 15% though? Uair 13%? Gaaaah I wish we had numbersssss :p
All of that was already there Luco. Breathe slowly, in, and out :p

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah I couldn't remember if it was Dthrow that got nerfed to 7% or Fair haha.

@ Earthbound360 Earthbound360 and @ Noa. Noa. I think you guys will be VERY happy to know Sonic, our hardest MU, now no longer has Bthrow as a viable kill move, or at the very least it got nerfed HARD. Not just that, but I've heard his normal sideB has been pretty heavily nerfed and he's possibly lost some other kill setups.

So I think you'll all be very happy to know we're more viable purely by virtue of the fact that our worst MU just got a bit better. Also Diddy was obviously nerfed and even though I used to think Sheik was one of our worst MUs, I actually think we'll probably do better in a Sheik-based meta than a Diddy-based meta. I dunno.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Actually, I think we do better against Diddy than Sheik, but it's nice that Sheik Diddy AND Sonic all got nerfed.

But the Sonic nerfs aren't actually that bad. Bthrow still KOs really well.

Tikao

Smash Ace
Sheik also got nerfed, her bair deals 3% less and deals less kb (making it harder to kill characters with) and her dtilt deals 2% less, so even Sheik should be slightly better for us.

so with sheik sonic and diddy nerfed, ness should be a better character now, let's see how the meta changes.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Actually, I think we do better against Diddy than Sheik, but it's nice that Sheik Diddy AND Sonic all got nerfed.

But the Sonic nerfs aren't actually that bad. Bthrow still KOs really well.
Hmm, fair point on Sheik. Still I feel like this patch has legitimately only helped us.

And at least Bthrow isn't scary to me without rage. I tried Sonic's Bthrow against I think like Falco and he didn't die at 140%+ at the ledge. I dunno. I'm just very happy. =P

Noa.

Smash Master
Yeah after Ness Rob and Sonic had the best kill throws. Now only Mewtwo has a great kill throw with us. Everyone else is dependent on rage.

Pryze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Apollon1an
Don't forget, Toon Link's still got his BThrow.

Although it pales in comparison to our own.

:4ness:

Last edited:

Manbeartigerphoenix

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised people don't complain about Toon Link's bthrow. Peach's bthrow is also pretty strong too, dat butt.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Stupid question. How exactly do I get the update?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Stupid question. How exactly do I get the update?
It's not a stupid question at all! The system can be a bit tricky at times. =D

At least on 3DS, it can be difficult because it doesn't always get you to update your game on starting it. I got lucky and was able to restart my 3DS and leave it on the menu for a little bit and as soon as I saw the little message under the smash brothers logo telling me about the update I knew it would do it. I think the way you're meant to do it is actually by going through the e-shop, though, if that doesn't give you any success. And I'm pretty sure on the wii U, you have to go through the e-shop at least to get the DLC stuff.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
It's not a stupid question at all! The system can be a bit tricky at times. =D

At least on 3DS, it can be difficult because it doesn't always get you to update your game on starting it. I got lucky and was able to restart my 3DS and leave it on the menu for a little bit and as soon as I saw the little message under the smash brothers logo telling me about the update I knew it would do it. I think the way you're meant to do it is actually by going through the e-shop, though, if that doesn't give you any success. And I'm pretty sure on the wii U, you have to go through the e-shop at least to get the DLC stuff.
Not really getting the DLC stuff right now (didn't bother with 3DS version). Last update I got a notification under the "Notices" on the main menu, but I haven't gotten one for this update yet.

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
I love beating mewtwo's taunters on FG just watching them eat PKT2's is so fun

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I love beating mewtwo's taunters on FG just watching them eat PKT2's is so fun
While everyone else is online, I'm staying offline for the next few weeks...don't want to watch a Mewtwo before I get my own chance to play as him first...

Meanwhile, I still haven't been able to get the update...I should probably go check right now...

GOT IT!

Last edited:

_clinton

Smash Master
Ness didn't get any of the upgrades I wanted, BOO!

Anyway, Pac-Man, ROB, and Sonic both lost a good % of their kill throws power. But everyone else's is still around at least. Bowser's bthrow got better it seems.

Bowser (koopa claw and bthrow)
Lucario (fpalm)
Charizard (dthrow, but also fthrow)
DK (bthrow)
Toon Link (bthrow)
Shulk (in smash, dthrow and bthrow)

Mewtwo has his old uthrow (which is a bit better than what ROB used to have), and bthrow (strong as DK and Tink's)

Pit/Dark Pit and Wario kept their fthrow kills as well.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Hm, I'm unsure about this, but I feel like the timing to input a 2nd PKT if you rebound is a bit more lenient. I noticed when I was playing on 3DS and crashed into the things at the center from the right side on Brinstar, but before the patch when I could input the 2nd PKT it'd usually land on stage and I'd have to time it perfectly to launch PKT. Now I feel the timing is a bit less strict, but you still gotta be quick to input it. I may just be wrong though lol

And good to know that our bad MUs have been nerfed, and their KO throws are. Only us Psychic characters should get them KO throws like that ;)

Noa.

Smash Master
So how do people feel the patch affected our bad matchups? I haven't played at all with the patch, so this is pure speculation on my part.

:4sonic:
Bthrow now kills later; anywhere from 20 to 30 percent later.
Fully charged spin dash now does 7 instead of 10

These changes help the matchup, but it's probably still a bad matchup.

:rosalina:
The only change she received as far as we know is that Luma now has 48 hp instead of 52.

This doesn't change anything at all. Still a bad matchup.

:4sheik:
Bair kills significantly later. It's an awful kill move for her now.

I think this is a pretty significant change for the matchup. I know I had a lot of trouble with Sheik aggressively edge guarding with bair, and now that is much less potent. It won't kill us anymore, and it won't send us as far away from the stage anymore. Still a bad matchup but her offstage game is a lot less scary.

:4diddy:
Up Air Damage 8% -> 6% [KB reductions?]
Forward Air Damage 12/10% -> 10/8%
Up Throw 10% -> 8%
Down Throw 7% -> 6%
Monkey Flip Grab 12% -> 10%. Jump 10% -> 8%. Extra hitbox in kick, now is 14%/12%/10% from 14%/12%
Fsmash Ending lag increased

Diddy was significantly nerfed. He's probably still a decent character, but is obviously much weaker than before. There's a good chance that we actually win the matchup now. He does way less damage now and will have a lot of difficulty keeping up with our damage. He kills way later now as well. I've also heard that Diddy's fair has lost its small disjointed hitbox on the end. If that's the case then our matchup against him should be fine. Before the patch I thought it was a slight disadvantage or evenish matchup. It's definitely even now, and maybe we even win.

Tikao

Smash Ace
:4sonic:
We probadly still lose vs Sonic, his raw speed is the problem, he deals a bit less damage and is a bit worse in terms of finishing us, but his speed stayed the same, the MU is better, but it should still be our worst MU.

:4sheik:
This one is interesting, the one thing we got in this MU is our killpower vs her bad killpower, now she lost one of her greatest kill options vs us, but she still got the speed.
This MU is better, but I'm not sure, if it is neutral now.

:rosalina:
She hasn't realy changed much just like the MU.

:4diddy:
We never lost vs diddy because he is a good counter vs ness, we simply lost, because he was such a good character overall.
with him being nerfed like that, I'd say the MU is about neutral now, might even be in our favor, hard to say how hard diddy get's affected by his nerfs (as in either realy hard or realy realy hard).

Just my first impressions, might be completely wrong.

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Hello, Ness players. Just wanted to drop in and say hey, as I've always enjoyed playing this character for as long as I can remember ahaha. Also now I have multiple socials auto watching/subscribed to the alerts are never going to stop .-.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hello, Ness players. Just wanted to drop in and say hey, as I've always enjoyed playing this character for as long as I can remember ahaha. Also now I have multiple socials auto watching/subscribed to the alerts are never going to stop .-.
It's okay they're semi-manageable. I have Ness and Luca- OHMIGOODNESS I HAVEN'T GOTTEN AN ALERT FROM THE LUCAS SOCIAL IN AGES I MUST HAVE MISSED IT NOOOOOOOO ;_;

Ahh well :p

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Also I apologise for the double post, it's just tagging doesn't work through edits. @Drippy and @ Tikao Tikao : I ALMOST KNOW THE WHOLE TRUTH OF IT NOW BWARGWARGLGLGLBRGGGG!

I happened to die early because I had no idea what I was doing, but now I have a good idea of how to do this. Gonna find out the rest of the story now and hopefully finish the game!!!

Noa.

Smash Master
The wuhu island glitch could also happen with location, and Pikachu, and probably more characters that put other characters into the ground when they throw. I've heard that no one can replicate it on any character. So if there was a change, then it was the boat.

Jya

Smash Rookie
I'm surprised people don't complain about Toon Link's bthrow. Peach's bthrow is also pretty strong too, dat butt.
Probably just because Toon Link doesn't see nearly as much play. Also it's just kind of customary for some people to complain about Ness's Bthrow.

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
Since you guy's know I like to make random topic's in here. What's everyone's currently favorite Manga/Anime ( if you like them ) right now I'm reading boku no hero academia at the moment. It's about kids on the road to becoming super hero's if anyone is wondering.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Since you guy's know I like to make random topic's in here. What's everyone's currently favorite Manga/Anime ( if you like them ) right now I'm reading boku no hero academia at the moment. It's about kids on the road to becoming super hero's if anyone is wondering.
Right now I'm watching Nisekoi and Oregairu. There are other shows I watch, but those in particular are standing out in my mind right now.

Ranias

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ranias
3DS FC
1864-9368-1757
Yo, I just won a Wii U in a 29 man tournament with Ness. :D
Semifinals was against a good Diddy, and finals was against a good ROB.
I feel like this patch really helped with Ness's potential.

Diddy wasn't able to Down Throw -> Up Air for the kill.
ROB wasn't able to Up Throw kill as early.

Last edited:

Noa.

Smash Master
Yo, I just won a Wii U in a 29 man tournament with Ness. :D
Semifinals was against a good Diddy, and finals was against a good ROB.
I feel like this patch really helped with Ness's potential.

Diddy wasn't able to Down Throw -> Up Air for the kill.
ROB wasn't able to Up Throw kill as early.
I think this patch has helped Ness quite a bit.

Top Bottom