• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Story of Kenpocalypse~ The Bowser of Rage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
I predict that Ken will get gimpy down to the last stock, then gimpy will get hyper on ken and kick his butt...

Or the fight will be like a regular fight, except not, and really just be epic, but not be too epic, but be epic nonetheless, but also magically make the next two weeks fly by really fast so I have something to do while waiting for Brawl, so I can play my favorite games that come out at that time.

Oh, and I predict that Ken will somehow, someway wins. >_>; Then they'll have a rematch, gimpy will win, and then the world will be destroyed before I get my hands on Brawl. Dang.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
We all know how good Gimpy's bowser is, and I'm sure Ken's is good, but are there any videos of Ken's Bowser?

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
I definetly beat M2K this weekend in a bowser ditto so get at me. B/C like all good players do they dont wanna get embarassed by losing with their mains to a bowser so they try to ditto you. I dont think your gonna win against gimpy. We're real bowsers users over here all dai papa. D@mn, this thread evolved into war lol. Lemme be part of it ok? lol peace

P.S. Bum's bowser is ok. Hes the reason i learned bowser to begin with but me and DJN are better with bowser than him at this point. Way better!!
Even tho his DK is too good.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Ok, let's take a look at this seriously.

Gimpyfish is known as the best, or at least top 3 bowser pros. I qualify him as the best. Now, with that in mind, it's fair to assume that Gimpy knows Bowser better than anyone else in the world, and he's definitely had more experience playing Bowser than Ken. He knows Bowser's movement better, he knows how to punish better, and what to look out for better.

Now, Ken is widely considered the "King of Smash" and probably always will be. This isn't for nothing. Ken is known as the best in the world because he can read his opponents, as he says, "like a pop up book," and with Marth, his character of choice, he can react and punish effectively. Overall, Ken is a smarter player than Gimpyfish. Btw, this is all my opinion.

Now assuming everything I said was true, here's the real question. Although Ken has the advantage in terms of knowing what Gimpy is going to do, will he be able to react and punish effectively with a character that has many less advantages than any character Ken has played, i.e. Ganon, Roy, Marth, Fox? Ken has been playing with Bowser lately though, and as he stated has taken out Arash. Now as far as Gimpy, he definitely knows Bowser better, meaning his technical ability will probably be much better than Ken's. He'll be able to edgeguard with precision, punish faster, and overall be quicker and more precise.

Want my opinion? Ken's going to win. He's just too smart of a player, and he's probably been playing Bowser lately in order to prepare.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Woah, 12 stock? That's almost as epic as Chu's 19 stock.

Yeah, and Gimpy became the best just shortly after I joined the boards. Ken does have the advantage of reading his opponents, but most people do. The problem is usually people are too stupid to use it.

And move back here pronto, we have the puyallup fair (> disney land)

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Ok, let's take a look at this seriously.

Gimpyfish is known as the best, or at least top 3 bowser pros. I qualify him as the best. Now, with that in mind, it's fair to assume that Gimpy knows Bowser better than anyone else in the world, and he's definitely had more experience playing Bowser than Ken. He knows Bowser's movement better, he knows how to punish better, and what to look out for better.

Now, Ken is widely considered the "King of Smash" and probably always will be. This isn't for nothing. Ken is known as the best in the world because he can read his opponents, as he says, "like a pop up book," and with Marth, his character of choice, he can react and punish effectively. Overall, Ken is a smarter player than Gimpyfish. Btw, this is all my opinion.

Now assuming everything I said was true, here's the real question. Although Ken has the advantage in terms of knowing what Gimpy is going to do, will he be able to react and punish effectively with a character that has many less advantages than any character Ken has played, i.e. Ganon, Roy, Marth, Fox? Ken has been playing with Bowser lately though, and as he stated has taken out Arash. Now as far as Gimpy, he definitely knows Bowser better, meaning his technical ability will probably be much better than Ken's. He'll be able to edgeguard with precision, punish faster, and overall be quicker and more precise.

Want my opinion? Ken's going to win. He's just too smart of a player, and he's probably been playing Bowser lately in order to prepare.
Try to also keep in mind that Ken might read smashers like pop up books, he can't read them if they're random, like Korean DJ. It'll be close, but I have faith in Gimpyfish. He's king of Bowsers for a reason.

j00t

Smash Champion
Try to also keep in mind that Ken might read smashers like pop up books, he can't read them if they're random, like Korean DJ. It'll be close, but I have faith in Gimpyfish. He's king of Bowsers for a reason.
And Ken is the King of Smash for a reason. It'll be an interesting fight to say the least, but for right now I don't think anyone will know for sure who will win until the match happens.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I think that Ken will get 3 stocked, and on the last stock koopa klaw off the edge for then win

OMG, I was just playing my friends bowser with Jiggly, last stock, he jumps out and uairs me up into the sky, and tried to recover but he dies just BARELY before I do lol

xelad1

Smash Ace
I can't believe people think ken is going to win.. he doesn't even know how to klaw kancell!!!!!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
SALAD KNOWS WHATS GOIN ON.

sursly.

salad you should use that salad sig you used to have again, it was EPIC (since thats the word of the thread)

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Lol, put a tag like the one above in front of what I said, but without the slash. It will look like this

PHP:
[quote]Oh, and you can unlock Gimpyfish by beating a 3-Bowser lvl 9 cpu team on Onett using Wavedash only with Bowser, 99 stock[/quote]
Oh, and try not to double post in the future

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Lol, Gimpyfish works like PT, he's in the background with a GCN controller and you control Bowser, but all your aerials L-cancel, you always waveland and you get mindgames

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Hmm you guys have that much confidence in Gimpy? Haha, alright, you guys know him better than I do. I'm just saying, I think you may be underestimating Ken just a liiiiil bit here. But, if you are all so sure Gimpy's gonna win, you must have your reasons.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Hmm you guys have that much confidence in Gimpy? Haha, alright, you guys know him better than I do. I'm just saying, I think you may be underestimating Ken just a liiiiil bit here. But, if you are all so sure Gimpy's gonna win, you must have your reasons.
I dunno about everyone else, but I'm not underestimating Ken. I mean, he was King of smash twice in a row. He has nice mindgames and really good skills. I mean, this could be a really good challenge for Gimpyfish.

but the thing is though, Gimpyfish is the source of the Bowser pride. If anyone knows Bowser, it's him. Let's not forget that Gimpyfish has huge experiance with bowser matches and bowser dittos. In this fight, this is like the old western show down. The young kid (ken) wants to take on the best gunman in town, who it happens to be the old man (Gimpyfish). The kid gots potiential, but the old man has the experiance.

Really, it's hard to tell who might win, but I'm putting my money on Gimpyfish.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Um.... they seem to both have experience................................
It's more of a Gimpy is here and he's good, Ken was over there and he was the best and now he's moving here sort of thing.

Arash

Smash Lord
lol you guys are forgetting he's getting pretty good bowser ditto practice.

now who is actually better at the character (i.e. non bowser dittos) is up for debate still...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom