• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Stage List and SSE Stages

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
With Dantarion's discovery of getting SSE stages onto some VS mode stages I want to see what you guys think of few things. First:

Releasing our stage list so that people know what stages we consider tourney viable and what is safe to replace. This also allows everyone to know what stages will be used at BtL2 so they can practice there.

Allows us to discuss which stages we feel have no hope or desire for salvation so that we can add some good SSE stages.

Our stance on SSE stages? Do we want them in tourneies or just for friendles?

Thoughts?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Before anyone makes a list I'd like to remind everyone of the New Pork City (Side B):

It needs to come true (fixed spawn points and all) so it can be the most bannable legal-looking stage ever.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol i actually just came on to make the next batch of votes
were almost done, im not gonna bother voting on the omgobviousbanned stages

as for SSE stages, it definitely opens up a possibility, carefully *referrences epic chibo stage post*

but i would hold em off till the next beefier version

like 5.01 could be for bug fixes and possibly released before btl2
and 5.1 have a couple balance tweaks, changes to stages, things like that

Magus420

Smash Master
I took the Jungle SSE stage .pac (shadow Bowser battle) that someone made to replace Temple, fine tuned the blast zone and camera boundaries (they were huge), and redid the player starting locations and respawn points since they were screwy. It's a really nice stage.

I also made a full set of common5.pac replacement icons/text for the Rumble Falls and Temple stages to instead display the Online Training Room and SSE: Jungle on the SSS. There's also a fix for the "Zaro Suit Samus" that's displayed on the CSS, and the Buffer image that replaces Handicap is there too.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zzmrtdzjbdm
v v
Better(?) Camera Angle/Zoom: http://www.mediafire.com/?zzkkhn5li2c (untested)
^^

The STGDXSHRINE.pac and common5.pac are in there, as well as all of the original images used to replace stuff in common5.

shanus

Smash Hero
Nice work magus, looking forward to any other quality ones you upload :)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I fully support this stage to round out our starter list (so we don't have to settle for WWR in singles and WW in doubles). I'm gonna try it out tonight with people, possibly even have it on for Hackfest tomorrow.

Good stuff Magus.

D

Deleted member

I agree with magus' stage replacing WW/WWR to make an odd number on both lists, but other than that I'd rahter not have SSE stages in the list.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
That stage looks beautiful. Such an epic platform layout. Edgeguarding there will certainly be interesting. I'd like it if it replace something no one uses, though. Temple may not be a competitive level, but it's the #1 casual stage.

Magus420

Smash Master
The .pac there uses the Type1[10] data from the original SSE version, which I believe would explain the default camera position being zoomed a bit further out and tilted at a lower angle than other vs stages. This version uses the data from FD's .pac in its place, and should probably look better though I'm unable to test it out to see.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zzkkhn5li2c

I'd like it to go over a crappier level as well at some point, but from my understanding there's only a handful of stages that can easily be used for the port fully/near bug-free (OTR, BF, FD, Temple, maybe others), and I'd need to be able to play around with it to figure out how to properly remove unwanted stuff that most stages have in them to put it on something better.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
can we please quickly force this into the patch (that needs to be done ASAP) so this can be starter in singles doubles and WWR be cp in singles and starter in doubles?

that would be amazing

shanus

Smash Hero
The second pac works very well, it has a *much* better camera.

Top Bottom