• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Stage is Set....or is it?

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
That depends, which is which? :psycho:
for me I guess smash would be the apple.
being that I like fruit more than meat.

Although I do eat hamburgers more often than apples,
and I play smash a lot more than halo.

PopFusion

Smash Apprentice
This update is soooo amazing!! Like the best one!!! Thank you Sakurai!!! Your the best!!!! Now I want brawl!!!

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, what the ****? Why is everyone comparing SSBB to Halo 3? Halo 3 holds absolutely no relevance at all to SSBB. Not only are they two completely different games, but why does it matter if a Wii game "pwns" a 360 game? It doesn't at all. Jesus, I hate...fanboys.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one a tad concerend about this. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see that many options for different blocks plus it looks like there are just the 3 backgrounds, I wanna use the ones in the other stages. Maybe they're just not showing them yet (I hope so). Also could this be kinda to compensate for a lack of real stages, by that I mean it looks as if there are going to be too many characters to have a break the targets for each one so instead they just have 5 at different difficulties so I was wondering if they might do the same thing with levels in that in melee there were 29 stages to go with 26 (Sheik included) characters. Maybe this time around the number of stages won't be as many as there are characters and this is there way for compensating? I hope not...
I think you should be happy it's there in the first place.

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
Man, how much more stuff will Brawl include? This is already becoming the greatest game in the universe and all time.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Am I the only one a tad concerend about this. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see that many options for different blocks plus it looks like there are just the 3 backgrounds, I wanna use the ones in the other stages. Maybe they're just not showing them yet (I hope so). Also could this be kinda to compensate for a lack of real stages, by that I mean it looks as if there are going to be too many characters to have a break the targets for each one so instead they just have 5 at different difficulties so I was wondering if they might do the same thing with levels in that in melee there were 29 stages to go with 26 (Sheik included) characters. Maybe this time around the number of stages won't be as many as there are characters and this is there way for compensating? I hope not...
So from a few screen shots of the level editor and 4 months away from release date you think there were be a limited amount of stages because of this? Well we won't know until the game comes out but why think of the most negative things? (Though they can become true)

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
Did, not see this one coming. Highly impressed. Curious if the tourneys will try custom stages instead of the standard ones.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Wow! this is plain liquid pwn!

About 6 or so months ago, I posted a thread about custom map making, but I never REALLY thought it would make it into Brawl...

Lets see, Melee had 29 stages and we played it for (almost) 7 years...

If my math is right, according to the maps in Brawl we should play for INFINITE years!!! (infinite maps ftw!)

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I love this update. Sakurai really outdid himself this time.

I think the stage builder will have unlockable blocks..
For example, you have to play on the Animal crossing stage in multiple mode 50 times
to unlock the Animal Crossing Stage "Set". And get Sets from all the other stages.

PIT_IS_BACK

Smash Journeyman
I love this update. Sakurai really outdid himself this time.

I think the stage builder will have unlockable blocks..
For example, you have to play on the Animal crossing stage in multiple mode 50 times
to unlock the Animal Crossing Stage "Set". And get Sets from all the other stages.
:chuckle: I like how you think sir!

lucario_user

Smash Ace
i am speechless. unlimited stages, more characters than ever, final smashes, sonic, snake, recording matches, playing any music on any stage, subspace emmisary, names upgrade, 4 remote controls, wi-fi play, stage of the day, submiting pictures, a heavy weight with multi jumps and summons(dedede), gliding, swimming, ladders, pokemon trainer's 3 pokemon, special brawl, awesome music, mario's fludd, too much too list in this post......(Lucario_user has a mental breakdown)

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
That's weird that there are two updates about this on smashbrawl.com. Whatevs.

I too found the "taking snapshots" update.

This whole update is just awesome! What more needs to be said?

Andrew Ott

Smash Journeyman
Someone might have said this already, but maybe you can put stage files on your computer using an SD card reader? Easier way to share for sure, if their not huge. Tournaments could even have a zip file of the levels going to be used in its topic. XD

ro0kie42

Smash Apprentice
i wonder if you can make a completely closed stage (aka nobody can die) ....it would get so chaotic with everyone bouncing around...i'd play it.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
I'm waiting impatiently for a Brawl mapmaker for the PC so I can design maps while waiting for brawl. And then we can all discuss them in a design subforum or something.

In other news, Mapmakers sell games to me, Timesplitters and advance wars both are among my favorites simply becase I love making maps, and lets no go into war/starcraft.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
In Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2's stage creator mode, you had to play through your stage yourself before you could send it to anyone else or anything. Most likely, it will make you play on your own stage(and actually have a winner) before you can send your stage to Nintendo or anyone else. So you won't have to worry about getting stages that you can't die on.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
In Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2's stage creator mode, you had to play through your stage yourself before you could send it to anyone else or anything. Most likely, it will make you play on your own stage(and actually have a winner) before you can send your stage to Nintendo or anyone else. So you won't have to worry about getting stages that you can't die on.
I know this is a little off subject but would you recommend MvDK2? I'm looking for some more DS games and I'm thinking of getting it.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I know this is a little off subject but would you recommend MvDK2? I'm looking for some more DS games and I'm thinking of getting it.
I beat it in like a day. After that I made a few stages and stuff, then I gave it to my sister because I never really played it anymore. It's not a lot of fun playing through your own stages, because half the challenge is figuring out how to get through the stage and if you made it you already know. It's fun to trade stages with other people, but I didn't know anyone else that had the game. You can trade online, but you have to exchange friend codes to trade with someone, and I couldn't find anyone that made any good stages.

The game would have been 1,000 times better if they let you trade stages online without friend codes, because you would have always been able to find new stages to play through. Unless you know people who have it, you probably won't play it for very long.

Wii enthusiast

Smash Cadet
Godly Win!

this stage is so flippin sweet it is better than zero suit samus, kittens, blooreguard q. kazoo, bridge of eldin, and anything else awesome combined

oh aand since when did Sakurai start watching mind of mencia?

And a stage selected from the entire daily collection will be sent from Nintendo to your Wii. A stage made by someone else will come to you over the Internet once per day!

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN! That’s the shocking truth. This means you’ll be able to experience a new stage every day—the flavor of the day, if you will. However, the plan is for that stage to vanish once one day has passed. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime encounter.
OOOOOOOkk Sakurai?!?:psycho::laugh::psycho:

Wii enthusiast

Smash Cadet
i wonder if you can make a completely closed stage (aka nobody can die) ....it would get so chaotic with everyone bouncing around...i'd play it.

it would be good for coin battling and the stupid hp matches

anyway does anyone else remember in the post that you could make genitalia shaped stages

im so doing that
i can actually imagine it being very fun with alot of area for footstool jumps and stuff and recoveries

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Starts Smacking head off of wall and desk.............................

screaming "this rocks!" between bashes

falls and starts twitching

wakes up ................ looks at screen again

sees it isn't a dream

Starts SMacking head harder off of concrete

This update is EPIC

i wonder if u can use it for training mode.............?

Wazoo21

Smash Apprentice
I hope moving stages are possible. My dream of a stage with no platforms whatsoever, characters just falling...will come true! =O

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
This is gonna be the best game in a)the universe, b)time, c)the dimensions, or d)all of the ABOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am gonna make a lot of stages which conform to my battle style, which is avoidance and hit-and-run tactics. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dizzy::chuckle::psycho:

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I hope that you can make moving stages too. I think it would be cool to recreate that tree stage in Donkey Kong Country 3 where the whole stage scrolls up and if you don't keep up you get killed by that big saw.

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
Now that we can make our own stages, I don't care how crazy Sakurai's new stages will be. I'm now actually looking forward to new over the top and wild stages. He doesn't need to maake another Final Destination or anything because we could make one ourselves. Today's Ice Climber Stages looks fun, for example. Anyway I love Super Smash.

Top Bottom