• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Stage is Set....or is it?

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
Perhaps bumpers would be added to the stage. Imagine, making a box with a very small opening in the bottom. It would emulate Luigi's Target Test stage in Melee. Since one can change the terrain sizes (assuming their plans for Stage Editor do not change) , one can make a very small opening if they choose.

CX360

Smash Rookie
I can't even play my copy of Halo 3 anymore since my 360 broke again. But, in the meantime, my Nintendo 64 from years ago STILL WORKS. So does my Gamecube. And so does my Wii. :D

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
i dont see any restrictions, he even said that because the maps can be put on the sd card they can be as big as you want.

Well there was only what, four things in teh structures category. YOur given a set style of architecture depending on the background you pick....thats what pisses me off....You shoudl be able to use any kind of platform in any background

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
Well there was only what, four things in teh structures category. YOur given a set style of architecture depending on the background you pick....thats what pisses me off....You shoudl be able to use any kind of platform in any background
I think you can.

aznhomieboi1689

Smash Cadet
Relax, we havent even seen the completed version of the builder, maybe we can unlock new parts, etc. or maybe they just have shown a little of parts to not spoil anyone?

PineapplePete

Smash Rookie
Of course this opens up a wide range of posibilities! Will we get any stages made by Nintendo on rare/special occasions? And of course, this is what many people will be using to back up their claims that new characters could be downloaded, or even custom characters. Sorry guys, stages are one thing, but characters are about 5 levels up.
It's possible, all you need are a few movesets, shouldn't be too much more than a stage, especially if they actually come out with a hardrive which theyre being stupid about (that and voice)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Camera mode better return and be in this mode as well. This is perfect fro SSBB fanfiction.

PineapplePete

Smash Rookie
Does that mean you are limited to your creativity? THen it's not that great.:mad:
Well I counted 17 parts in one screenshot and the bar was about 1/7 full, so you can maybe use about 119 parts (or perhaps square units, if you make the parts really big). But really you'll probably never use that many.. you never know, but I think it'll be all good.

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725

i tried to enter but i can't
Go to the User CP, then click Edit Options on the left. Scroll down to the Messages and Notification section. Set the approapriate sections with a check. You might not want to turn on the Buddies and Moderators part.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
So let's see what we have in terms of improvements in this game:

- First we have the standard, necessary things:
-- New characters
-- New stages, more variety, more dynamic backgrounds
-- New items
-- Improved gameplay modes
-- Gameplay innovations like crawling, swimming, gliding, moving while shooting, and the footstool jump

- But we also have so many things that we either didn't expect, or that did not NEED to be included. A lot of them are little things, but they all add to the overall quality and attention to detail:
-- WiFi play
-- A VASTLY improved 1P mode
-- New innovations to Stadium modes
-- Final Smashes
-- Assist Trophies
-- 3 taunts per character
-- The return of character entrances
-- Greatly improved screenshot functionality
-- My Music. AWESOME
-- The return of trophies, AS WELL as stickers and CDs as collectables
-- Video replay save function
-- I mean VASTLY improved 1P mode
-- A freaking stage builder
-- Completely customizable controls
-- Am I forgetting anything?

Best. Game. EVER. Even the people who are disappointed about the disappearance of some of the advanced techs need to agree to this now.

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
Go to the User CP, then click Edit Options on the left. Scroll down to the Messages and Notification section. Set the approapriate sections with a check. You might not want to turn on the Buddies and Moderators part.

i still can't maybe because i'm a registred user

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dear GOD this update is absolutely sick!!

Now they we can make balanced stages for tourneys! Finally no more vs falcon on FD disadvantage matches!! XD

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Question...

I know we can create our own stages, but is it possible for one to edit a stage that has been already been made like Shadow Moses Island?

Ospov

Smash Rookie
This is awesome. The second I saw the title I already had ideas of what types of levels I wanted to make.

Example: Probably the most simple level ever...just 1 block. Have 4 characters duke it out to be king of the hill (or block) and make the block just big enough for 1, maybe 2, characters to stand on. Needless to say, that would be intense. If thats too insane you coud easily just add a couple more blocks to make it a little less intense.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Am I the only one a tad concerend about this. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see that many options for different blocks plus it looks like there are just the 3 backgrounds, I wanna use the ones in the other stages. Maybe they're just not showing them yet (I hope so). Also could this be kinda to compensate for a lack of real stages, by that I mean it looks as if there are going to be too many characters to have a break the targets for each one so instead they just have 5 at different difficulties so I was wondering if they might do the same thing with levels in that in melee there were 29 stages to go with 26 (Sheik included) characters. Maybe this time around the number of stages won't be as many as there are characters and this is there way for compensating? I hope not...

Talendime

Smash Ace
Maybe this time around the number of stages won't be as many as there are characters and this is there way for compensating? I hope not...
That wouldn't be fair though. Even the original Smash Bros had a stage for every character (except the unlockables).

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
for those concerned with limited options.
You shouldn't judge it on a couple of screen shots.

There could easily be a scroll bar or something.

And can people please stop comparing this game with Halo 3.
It's like comparing Apples and hamburgers.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
This is awesome! Hopefully though, when its out there will be more selection because there doesnt seem to be much at the moment. As in the whole 3 backgrounds thing. But still this is better than anything EVAR.

Top Bottom