• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SSB Poll Lounge: DLC mode engaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I find it interesting that the highest percentage is almost as low as 50 percent of voters (like 63 percent?). I expect some characters, at least at the top, would be more widely accepted. It must be forgetting that things have changed since the pre-brawl days. There aren't characters that are extremely needed anymore.

EmeraldPhaze

Smash Cadet
For the love of all that is precious, put Megaman in the game!!! XD I'd prefer X, but at this point pretty much any iteration of him would suffice. ...Any REAL iteration. No more of that b@stardly fat sack of $h1t ret@rd box art garbage that those d!cks made up..

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
For the love of all that is precious, put Megaman in the game!!! XD I'd prefer X, but at this point pretty much any iteration of him would suffice. ...Any REAL iteration. No more of that b@stardly fat sack of $h1t ret@rd box art garbage that those d!cks made up..
We'll just have to see if anything came of Sven's "passing along a message" to Capcom of Japan.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I find it interesting that the highest percentage is almost as low as 50 percent of voters (like 63 percent?). I expect some characters, at least at the top, would be more widely accepted. It must be forgetting that things have changed since the pre-brawl days. There aren't characters that are extremely needed anymore.
I wonder what percentage of voters understood that you could vote for more than one character.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It is interesting to me how the first four characters on the poll are completely obliterating all of the other choices. I think it is safe to say that, especially when factoring in other polls, the top three really are just that for the West. Reason for that stipulation at the end is because Ridley and King K. Rool, more so Ridley, tend to not be as big of a deal in Japan as in the West. The character that appears to be the universal number one choice is Mewtwo.

Megaman is by far the most requested third party character. Sakurai could get away with just having Sonic the Hedgehog and Megaman in the next game, and then, I would think, Sonic the Hedgehog would be easier to implement in the next game considering he was already in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
I wonder if the results would be different if the characters were listed alphabetically. Maybe more people would take the time to read each entry before voting the first names they see? Case in point, that VGTribute poll.... it's alphabetic but the results vary wildly.

Just when I placed my votes like 10 minutes ago, I saw that the current results are:

Shulk [10718]
N [7610]
Ghirahim [7450]
Waluigi [5499]
Professor Layton [5388]
Isaac [4524]
Ridley [4394]
King K. Rool [3988]
Palutena [3978]
Tom Nook [3853]
Little Mac [3801]
Flint [3122]
Krom [3071]
Ashley [2205]
Balloon Fighter [2186]
Ray 01 [1958]
Sami [1890]
Saki [1791]
Zael [1423]
Prince Fluff [1377]
Captain Rainbow [1282]
Ouendan [1207]
Karate Joe [1074]
Dillon [1049]
Aeron [899]
Takamaru [872]
Mach Rider [745]
Mike Jones [730]
Sukapon [462]
Prince Sable [449]
Simea [296]
Sheriff [293]

It is much different from the current results of the poll here.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I wonder if the results would be different if the characters were listed alphabetically. Maybe more people would take the time to read each entry before voting the first names they see? Case in point, that VGTribute poll.... it's alphabetic but the results vary wildly.

Just when I placed my votes like 10 minutes ago, I saw that the current results are:

Shulk [10718]
N [7610]
Ghirahim [7450]
Waluigi [5499]
Professor Layton [5388]
Isaac [4524]
Ridley [4394]
King K. Rool [3988]
Palutena [3978]
Tom Nook [3853]
Little Mac [3801]
Flint [3122]
Krom [3071]
Ashley [2205]
Balloon Fighter [2186]
Ray 01 [1958]
Sami [1890]
Saki [1791]
Zael [1423]
Prince Fluff [1377]
Captain Rainbow [1282]
Ouendan [1207]
Karate Joe [1074]
Dillon [1049]
Aeron [899]
Takamaru [872]
Mach Rider [745]
Mike Jones [730]
Sukapon [462]
Prince Sable [449]
Simea [296]
Sheriff [293]

It is much different from the current results of the poll here.
It varies because it's a crap poll.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
And it's not like this poll here isn't varied. Outside of the top four, who should very obviously be the top four, the results get very... HILLY.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
And it's not like this poll here isn't varied. Outside of the top four, who should very obviously be the top four, the results get very... HILLY.
The final result will be presented straight to the director of the upcoming games himself: Masahiro Sakurai.
Any poll that claims this automatically throws itself into the crap category.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why's shulk so popular? Is he the new fad now that we just got his game?

Edit: Not here, but there

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
He's a product of the same mentality that also included Kid Icarus: Uprising before we even knew its characters: "X Game is new/good/popular/"popular" so its characters are likely." I would prefer characters get chosen over character/moveset quality rather than game quality, since the latter hardly translates into Smash at all.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
He's a product of the same mentality that also included Kid Icarus: Uprising before we even knew its characters: "X Game is new/good/popular/"popular" so its characters are likely." I would prefer characters get chosen over character/moveset quality rather than game quality, since the latter hardly translates into Smash at all.
I'm postive that Sakurai has the same opinion, though popularity is what often (characters like Roy, Ike, Lucas, Snake are exceptions) get characters noticed by him so he can judge their character/moveset quality.

Either way you've just won some of my respect with this smart post.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Man, I hate this kind of mentality. It makes people act like some sheep... especially in GameFAQS. They ditch their fan favourites for more popular ones because they don't want to get disappointed at the end. So unoriginal.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Omg please whoever is planning on emailing this to sakurai, please don't. This poll is an embarrassment. It has all the best possible candidates but there's so much filler characters in there. There is certainly not 50 or more characters that deserve to be in smash. Stop trying to fill the poll to its max and just include real suggestions.

My gawd Prof Layton are you kidding me? Not every franchise Nintendo has ever done needs to have a playable character. Second Sonic character? My gawd. You got sonic in brawl isn't that enough. Don't turn smash into ****ing Mario and Sonic Olympics.

Start a new poll and take out the fillers. It's so vividly clear which characters on this roster don't have a chance of getting in. Here's food for thought. We want characters who are significant who are practically screaming that they need to be in. They gotta have significance to match the veterans. Otherwise they are simply filler characters and are therefore a waste of space.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
In the top 25, there's only about 6 characters that really shouldn't be there. Banjo, Geno, Waluigi, Pac-Man, More Sonic, and Bomberman. Maybe Krystal too. I'm a bit surprised both Junior and Toad are in the bottom half. At least it makes sense why Krom would be down there since his game isn't out here.

Removing those 7, it's pretty easy to cut it down a bit more. Remove Paper Mario and Starfy since they're at the bottom I guess. Then with a couple cuts, like Toon Link (for Ghirahim) and Lucario (for Zoroark), you could fit in the rest no problem. Fit them in perfectly, actually. 49 slots plus random = perfect 50 slots on the select screen.

It's pretty agreeable.

HMMM, though I need to fix my number of starters. Only 7 new ones? We'll see more than that.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
In the top 25, there's only about 6 characters that really shouldn't be there. Banjo, Geno, Waluigi, Pac-Man, More Sonic, and Bomberman. Maybe Krystal too. I'm a bit surprised both Junior and Toad are in the bottom half. At least it makes sense why Krom would be down there since his game isn't out here.

Removing those 7, it's pretty easy to cut it down a bit more. Remove Paper Mario and Starfy since they're at the bottom I guess. Then with a couple cuts, like Toon Link (for Ghirahim) and Lucario (for Zoroark), you could fit in the rest no problem. Fit them in perfectly, actually. 49 slots plus random = perfect 50 slots on the select screen.

It's pretty agreeable.

HMMM, though I need to fix my number of starters. Only 7 new ones? We'll see more than that.
You forgot Toon Link and I don't think the Miis and Ghirahim are a given. Takamaru is quite a stretch too. Needs Bowser Jr. Other than that its perfect.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Takamaru isn't really a stretch. When it comes to retros, he's certainly in the group that has a shot. Honestly, the only thing that goes against him is the fact that his game was Japan-only.

As far as what I think the "retro pool" is, it would be:

Takamaru
Mach Rider
Muddy Mole
(the above are all at least rumored to have had Sakurai say something positive about them.)
Lip
Duck Hunt Dog (I won't deny the possibility)
Possibly Balloon Fighter

Just my opinion.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I would like to mention that this poll alone won't determine what the rosters will become. After all you got to take some into consideration bias or bandwagon opinions influencing the outcome of results. There is also the consideration of other regions too, where character popularity varies widely among fan polls similar to this.

:phone:

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I would like to mention that this poll alone won't determine what the rosters will become. After all you got to take some into consideration bias or bandwagon opinions influencing the outcome of results. There is also the consideration of other regions too, where character popularity varies widely among fan polls similar to this.

Well of course this poll isn't going to be the roster. It is however full of bad choices and it shouldn't have so much options for voting.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman

It's pretty agreeable.

YourOur dreams will never come true.
We are all fools.
All of this is pointless.

jigglover

Smash Lord
You left plusle and minun out. They're the only character(s) I desperately want, if they're in it then I'm happy. They'll also be my main probably, unless puff and yoshi are better by a lot.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Here's my opinion on some characters I didn't vote for:
Waluigi: He was created to play tennis with Wario; I don't like Wario being in, never mind a demented tennis double who has never been in a main-series game and spends his time running around a bob-omb factory getting blown up 20 times. No offence or anything. Anyone who voted for this guy will regret it when he's suddenly in SSB4 and all you can hear is: "WALUIGI!" In his stupid demented voice.

Samurai Gooh: (OR GOROH) I know that this part will be hated, but I don't really see why captain falcon's in the game, his franchise is basically a racer and there's only been 2 games in the series, he's in smash bros. series more than he is his own so I don't see why we should bring another character from the 2-game series in.

Pacman: Now, in all honesty, I did vote for him, but I'm now wondering why. What the hell can he do? He is a yellow circle with a mouth. Now, it would be great to have him in the next game, but I really don't know what his move-pool could be...

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
You left plusle and minun out. They're the only character(s) I desperately want, if they're in it then I'm happy. They'll also be my main probably, unless puff and yoshi are better by a lot.
The current poll is only the top 50 character from the "Final Newcomer Tier List" on the 1st page. Plusle & Minun is number 85.

Samurai Gooh: (OR GOROH) I know that this part will be hated, but I don't really see why captain falcon's in the game, his franchise is basically a racer and there's only been 2 games in the series, he's in smash bros. series more than he is his own so I don't see why we should bring another character from the 2-game series in.
Actually, F-Zero has 6 games in the series; 9 if u count games not on consoles or handhelds. The last game was in 2004, so the series is kinda dead at the moment. Once a new game is announced, a second character will be extremely likely. Until then, all we need is Captain Falcon.

EDIT: Try not to double post

D

Deleted member

All polls are flawed and this one is no exception. I have lots of gripes about this poll. Lack of more Pokemon and retros are my biggest complaints. But it does get most of the characters in and it's certainly better than that poll that most people seem to be hyping (thank god I did not partake in it).

It's pretty agreeable.

Drop Ghirahim and add Toon Link back. Also drop Shulk and put back Lucario. Then your roster is near perfect.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Omg please whoever is planning on emailing this to sakurai, please don't. This poll is an embarrassment. It has all the best possible candidates but there's so much filler characters in there. There is certainly not 50 or more characters that deserve to be in smash. Stop trying to fill the poll to its max and just include real suggestions.

My gawd Prof Layton are you kidding me? Not every franchise Nintendo has ever done needs to have a playable character. Second Sonic character? My gawd. You got sonic in brawl isn't that enough. Don't turn smash into ****ing Mario and Sonic Olympics.

Start a new poll and take out the fillers. It's so vividly clear which characters on this roster don't have a chance of getting in. Here's food for thought. We want characters who are significant who are practically screaming that they need to be in. They gotta have significance to match the veterans. Otherwise they are simply filler characters and are therefore a waste of space.
*read this*
*looks at your signature saying "Bucha for Smash 4*

/pokerface

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
All polls are flawed and this one is no exception. I have lots of gripes about this poll. Lack of more Pokemon and retros are my biggest complaints. But it does get most of the characters in and it's certainly better than that poll that most people seem to be hyping (thank god I did not partake in it).Drop Ghirahim and add Toon Link back. Also drop Shulk and put back Lucario. Then your roster is near perfect.
My roster is perfect.

Is it #1?

That's right!

IT'S THE STRONGEST ROSTER IN THE WHOLE WORLD!

Sheck

Smash Cadet
Needs more Cooking Mama + Rosalina :p

I doubt Travis could make it into a Smash game, his games are too ridiculously crass and adult...even more adult than MGS.

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
Interesting to see the out pouring of support for the villians... I loved K. Roll but I can't possibly see him fitting him into this game.

I think the real question is which of the DK Crew should be up for discussion? We should start thinking of a hybrid of a Pokemon trainer type character but with the DK DJ as Ash and Tiny, lanky, and Chunky as the three playable characters. That would be off da* hook!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Interesting to see the out pouring of support for the villians... I loved K. Roll but I can't possibly see him fitting him into this game.

I think the real question is which of the DK Crew should be up for discussion? We should start thinking of a hybrid of a Pokemon trainer type character but with the DK DJ as Ash and Tiny, lanky, and Chunky as the three playable characters. That would be off da* hook!

How would he not fit?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why is Groose on the list of choices but not Impa? I suggest a replacement. Or replace Tetra for Impa.

Y'all haters. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member

Needs more Cooking Mama + Rosalina :p

I doubt Travis could make it into a Smash game, his games are too ridiculously crass and adult...even more adult than MGS.
That's not the problem here.

The problem lies in that relatively few people want to see Travis Touchdown in Smash and that he is very unimportant to Nintendo, which almost certainly does him in (with an extremely slight margin of error lying in if Suda 51 can convince Sakurai to put him in, but knowing how hard it is to get third-parties in Smash, Sakurai is probably hesitant to add him in).

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
The poll's not perfect - there's some characters I like not on there - but it's better than that other crap one floating about.

Anyways, I just voted for Ridley and Dark Samus. Should have voted for Syrup too, but too late.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Except the poll only had the top 50 from Shortie's poll. So no, he didn't "forget" Shadow, Shadow just wasn't popular enough to make it. Even then, "Second Sonic character" is still there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom