• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sons of Greil

null55

Smash Master
DON'T POST IN THIS THREAD ANYMORE.
I will move the contents of this post and an organized list of names to another thread in the near future. I may post a thread in the General boards as well to those who are interested in joining but may not be Ike mains, not sure about that though.

----------------------------------

I think we all agree that Ike is pretty bad ***, and I've noticed something sort of missing in these boards that speaks to his persona of rough, and warrior-vagabond style. We do sort of express this in the way we speak in these boards with useless threads, gay spammers (me), and comboking (kidding, not really), and I think we need to channel this energy into something constructive, that in this case, makes the Ike community the envy of all of those other d bags.

So, I'm thinking about starting an online league for Ikes around the nation, where Ike users just duke it out in tournaments, season matches, what have you, and we just sort of compose this world martial arts tournemnt-esk feel in the Ike community. In short: a huge league for Ike dittos. Hopefully it's not just me who helps create this, some help will definitely be needed, especially people who are reputable users/contributers on these boards.

Now please keep an open mind here. I know sometimes wifi can suck, and organizing this seems a bit daunting, but if each individual Ike user gives a hand, this will easily be doable.

Where I want to see this going: I have ideas for a ranking system, giving Ikes ranks in their skill, and earning a rep for how many you Ikes you defeat. Of course the best Ike's get the glory, and respect of us Ikes in the Ike community. I hope people will start all Ike clans, and maybe multi-Ike dittos can enthrall. There's a lot that can happen, and I really hope you guys might take it seriously.

I can organize what zones people are in in this thread, along with what each rank will be called, and in your sigs you can show off your rank and record and what-not, but I'll definitely need some suggestions about all of these things, so your thoughts will be much appreciated for sure.

So, what do you guys thing?

-----------------------------------
A few initial rules...

If you're planning to join, I'd like it in this format:

Gamertag
Friend code
Region (check regional zones boards to see where you are if you don't know)

-You can only play people on SWF that have agreed to join the Sons of Greil and know it's a match counted towards your record.
-You must record everyone you've played and the outcome of your match.
-I haven't quite sorted out the dispute between wifi and IRL, and I know Brawl online is gay, but that's what the regions are for, so I guess another rule is that if you don't have good internet connection and you do get lag, you have to play locally.
-If you think the locations are too far a part a "test" match is appropriate. Just join in and see if you're connections are okay without actually fighting. If they're not, then it's your choice, you both either agree to play each other or you don't play. You can't take back a match.
-Be respectful to fellow Ike users

Remember, this is just an idea. I need to see how many people support this. Negativity is okay, but back it up well.

I still need ideas for a good ranking system.

-------------------------------

=Shiro= said:
I wanted a ranking system that just applied your wins/losses to something more tangible. I was thinking that your win/loss ratio would dictate a certain rank based on your placement in a certain range. I'll give you three random names and ranges for what it would look like (this isn't what it'd be though... there would be more ranks obviously):

Sword Master: (3.00 - ???)
Mercenary: (2.00 - 2.99)
Ronin: (1.00 - 1.99)
Village leader: (0.50 - 0.99)
Boy with wooden sword: (0.00 - 0.49)

(Your actual rank wouldn't be dictated until you've played 5 or so matches.)

These wouldn't necessarily be the actual names, just examples, but it would work like that. This is just a league for Ike dittos. How many other Ikes you can defeat. That's it. Just for fun and curiosity. I hope that many more will want to join and especially some reputable Ikes.

Follow the directions in the original post if you want to join.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I see nothing wrong with the Idea but I can't see it happening. It looks like a lot of work for something that many people will not care for. Online is looked at as a joke to many people, sometimes it is not bad, other times input lag takes far to long making it imposable to play at ones best. Then there is the organization it would take to get it working, it would take so much work to set the things up that you want.

Not trying to sound negative about the idea, it isn't bad, it is just too complicated. It looks like a Ike finder with clan activities open to anyone, if you could get it working I'd participate every now and then but I don't see this lifting off.

null55

Smash Master
I see nothing wrong with the Idea but I can't see it happening. It looks like a lot of work for something that many people will not care for. Online is looked at as a joke to many people, sometimes it is not bad, other times input lag takes far to long making it imposable to play at ones best. Then there is the organization it would take to get it working, it would take so much work to set the things up that you want.

Not trying to sound negative about the idea, it isn't bad, it is just too complicated. It looks like a Ike finder with clan activities open to anyone, if you could get it working I'd participate every now and then but I don't see this lifting off.
I agree, actually. It will be a bit complicated, but I can definitely see it working.

All I need is sign-ins. Either your in or out. Take a chance and join the league. I'd like it in this format (I'll add to the original post):

Gamertag
Friend code
Region

This will be easier if everyone just follows some simple rules. You can only play people on SWF that have agreed to join the Sons of Greil and know it's a match counted towards your record. You must record everyone you've played and the outcome of your match. That's really about it for now.

Akashi

Smash Lord
I have ideas for a ranking system, giving Ikes ranks in their skill, and earning a rep for how many you Ikes you defeat.
I like the whole league thing, and the fact that we can organize a group of Ikes to fight each other, but I don't necessarily think that doing this will rank our Ike's skill. For dittos? Sure, and maybe I'm reading too into this and not interpreting what you're trying to say well, but good Ikes (Ryko, Kirk, Renegade, etc) can adapt to different characters, low or high tier, and that's what I feel helps a good Ike stand out above the rest. That aside, I like the idea and I wouldn't mind joining just to goof off :p

Duker

Smash Journeyman
Besides that I don't like Ike dittos, it seems like a decent idea.
Personally I don't even understand why the Online mode gets such a bashing, ever since the PAL release I've never had any lag whatsoever, except in a few Vs Anyone.

null55

Smash Master
I like the whole league thing, and the fact that we can organize a group of Ikes to fight each other, but I don't necessarily think that doing this will rank our Ike's skill. For dittos? Sure, and maybe I'm reading too into this and not interpreting what you're trying to say well, but good Ikes (Ryko, Kirk, Renegade, etc) can adapt to different characters, low or high tier, and that's what I feel helps a good Ike stand out above the rest. That aside, I like the idea and I wouldn't mind joining just to goof off :p

I wanted a ranking system that just applied your wins/losses to something more tangible. I was thinking that your win/loss ratio would dictate a certain rank based on your placement in a certain range. I'll give you three random names and ranges for what it would look like (this isn't what it'd be though... there would be more ranks obviously):

Sword Master: (3.00 - ???)
Mercenary: (2.00 - 2.99)
Ronin: (1.00 - 1.99)
Village leader: (0.50 - 0.99)
Boy with wooden sword: (0.00 - 0.49)

(Your actual rank wouldn't be dictated until you've played 5 or so matches.)

These wouldn't necessarily be the actual names, just examples, but it would work like that. This is just a league for Ike dittos. How many other Ikes you can defeat. That's it. Just for fun and curiosity. I hope that many more will want to join and especially some reputable Ikes.

Follow the directions in the original post if you want to join.

Duker

Smash Journeyman
I'll guess I'll sign-up then...

Username: Duker (Gamertag=X360; Wii != X360 :p )
FC: 1762-3912-3235
Region: North Europe

This is why I don't enjoy Wifi outside fun purposes: http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=1259
That [in the link] sound like a list of johns to me. As I said, I haven't had any lag whatsoever. No 0.1-0.2 sec lag or something, I mean pure lag-free. From my viewpoint the list is completely void, since it's based on the assumption that lag exists. Also, only friendlies? That would be the elitists "Eww, Online is not good enough for me, I'll just play friendly".

Again, this is from my experience. Even if you and others having lag, there's no reason really why I should change my opinion on it.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I'll guess I'll sign-up then...

Username: Duker (Gamertag=X360; Wii != X360 :p )
FC: 1762-3912-3235
Region: North Europe

That [in the link] sound like a list of johns to me. As I said, I haven't had any lag whatsoever. No 0.1-0.2 sec lag or something, I mean pure lag-free. From my viewpoint the list is completely void, since it's based on the assumption that lag exists. Also, only friendlies? That would be the elitists "Eww, Online is not good enough for me, I'll just play friendly".

Again, this is from my experience. Even if you and others having lag, there's no reason really why I should change my opinion on it.
If that list looks like anything remotely close to johns then you're either illiterate or ********, pick one. There are plenty of perfectly good wifi ikes, and they'll all tell you (unless they have never been to a competitive scene offline) that wifi is limiting on the player, especially one that is defined as a punisher.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
no one wants to do this, it has been tried before, ike clans, now theyre all gone. not to bash on your idea, but these kind of things dont work. if you want ike dittos, just ask for them.

null55

Smash Master
no one wants to do this, it has been tried before, ike clans, now theyre all gone. not to bash on your idea, but these kind of things dont work. if you want ike dittos, just ask for them.
I've already proved you wrong. I've got around three I believe. However, this is not far from "no one", that is the real issue. Clans were simply a small component of my ideal. Nothing more. Very close to irrelevant, actually.

What you are correct about though, is that the difference between my system and regular Ike dittos is the simplicity. This was just an idea. If your slight exaggeration proves to be true, then of course there's no point in continuing. It does not look good now, but time doesn't keep any secrets...

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if this is gonna work , but it wouldn't hurt to try. Also provides good practice. So I might as well throw down.

Gamertag: Cross
Friendcode: 0903-2406-1400
Region: Atlantic North
AIM: Berserker0917@aim.com
Drkdemonslayerx5@aol.com

My main concern though is for getting the video footage. Not that I don't have the equipment, but others don't and I know the video is for PoV (Proof of Victory). And do both players have to record the matches or a single player can do all the recording?

null55

Smash Master
By record I meant write down. There can't be much lying since we're all right here in the same forum...

null55

Smash Master
I have six people... This won't happen unless I get more. Sorry to those who wanted this to work.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
What we really need is a figure head; someone to rally the other players like Miciah was the inspiration to lead the Daein army in RD. We need at least one of the top Ikes to join and surely the rest will follow.

HW_Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
What we really need is a figure head; someone to rally the other players like Miciah was the inspiration to lead the Daein army in RD. We need at least one of the top Ikes to join and surely the rest will follow.

A FE fan I c ;)
thats the only reason I chose Ike b/c I admire his character.
Yeah we need a leader...Kirk maybe? ;)

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Any highly respected Ike player would suffice.

And I chose Ike for the same reason. Heck I still roleplay as him on a Fire Emblem forum.

HW_Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
Any highly respected Ike player would suffice.

And I chose Ike for the same reason. Heck I still roleplay as him on a Fire Emblem forum.

Defensive Ikes FTW!!!!
8) Ike is soo badass lol
Ikes fight with honor!!!! forget techs and chaingrabs its all about reading ur opponent 8)
We need to form this
Never give up! as an Ike main would say!!!

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Would also help to keep this topic up for some more members to see this, though I know this will eventually be swarmed by novice players thinking they can play, but at least it will be recognize. Also provides good ideas on move combinations that other players use

ie:
RAR N-Air to B-Air, saw someone use it and decided on trying it out.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
I'd join if I didn't feel so out of place, and if my internet were more reliable. I feel like everyone hates me (and they all have good reason to). Also, I've only been posting for a week so who cares, right?

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
wats RAR? lol
RAR-Reverse aerial rush. Basicially dash then face the other way and jump. YOu'll be still moving in the same direction due to the momentum (+ an aerial move of your choice) and it does prove to be useful.

I'd join if I didn't feel so out of place, and if my internet were more reliable. I feel like everyone hates me (and they all have good reason to). Also, I've only been posting for a week so who cares, right?
Even so, the more supporters, the better. Also, I don't think everybody hates you. I never really see you do anything wrong so I have no reason to hate you.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Well that makes me feel better, I guess. It's just that my ideals conflict with just about everyone else's. In any case, my connection is not perfection, so I still do not want to WiFi battle anyone any time soon.

null55

Smash Master
There's another forum for emotional therapy.

Are you joining or not...?

Top Bottom