• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Because he's a clone old joke sry

Maybe people just find M-rated or mature content boring or unfit for Smash. (Metroid kinda comes close to this in some ways, but not exactly, and it's first party)
Can't think of any reasons gameplay-wise or anything else.
Metroid is pretty far from M rated, though. Prime's death scenes with the exception of Hunters are unnerving(especially Corruption), but there's no M rating worthy material there. The closest you could get is Other M, but it's half assery makes the whole heavy theme thing a joke.

The old games aren't mature either; Crocomire's death is pretty creepy, the SA-X turns Fusion into Slender and Mother Brain can freak a few out, but if you directly compare, say, Super Metroid to a truly mature game back then, such as Splatterhouse 3, the difference is night and day.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Because he's a clone old joke sry

Maybe people just find M-rated or mature content boring or unfit for Smash. (Metroid kinda comes close to this in some ways, but not exactly, and it's first party)
Can't think of any reasons gameplay-wise or anything else.
I don't see what's the problem of having a militaristic character in smash. Smash celebrates video game history by bringing different characters from unique backgrounds. Not every character should be happy-go lucky like kirby, or that'd be just plain boring.]

EDIT: yay we're at 150 pages!

Last edited:

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Praying for Snake to sneak back in. He was really unique in Brawl/M, and I haven't really found a fighter I've enjoyed as much in 4. (Except maybe villager, those early KO's on low recovering fighters x,D) Kojima apparently isn't opposed to him being in. In an article I read (I'll find and link if anyone's interested), he stated something like he would have given the okay if Nintendo ever approached him. I was thinking with MGS3 being rereleased on 3DS, and long before an updated version of MGS1 being released on the GC, Nintendo has a pretty good relationship with the series by now.

With the whole sony smash thing, I'm thinking Raiden or Big Boss would be in before Solid Snake, considering MGS5 is featuring Big Boss and the game before featured Raiden. Not to mention,
MGS4 SPOILER AHEAD - - - - - - - Solid Snake only has a couple months to live at the end. Seems like Solid Snake is basically over when it comes to new installments in the MG series, seems like it'd be silly to include him in the sony smash thing when a character with more mileage like Raiden or Big Boss could make it in. But then again, this isn't really a thread for speculating about sony smash.

Sorry if this post was a little long, let me know if I've made any formatting errors and I'll fix or remove my post as needed. First post ever hype.

All in all, Snake pls. I miss you so. Wolf too, but that's a whole another ballgame.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I don't see what's the problem of having a militaristic character in smash. Smash celebrates video game history by bringing different characters from unique backgrounds. Not every character should be happy-go lucky like kirby, or that'd be just plain boring.]

EDIT: yay we're at 150 pages!
Yeah I agree, this why the Bomberman supporters irritate me so much. You could have Snake, one of the most well known video game characters, or Simon who has a Mega Man like history on Nintendo. Bomberman isn't that popular or has the Nintendo rep Simon has. It feels like people only want him as third party for Konami, just want another cutesy character like Pac-Man or Mega Man.

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I agree, this why the Bomberman supporters irritate me so much. You could have Snake, one of the most well known video game characters, or Simon who has a Mega Man like history on Nintendo. Bomberman isn't that popular or has the Nintendo rep Simon has. It feels like people only want him as third party for Konami, just want another cutesy character like Pac-Man or Mega Man.
Variety is definitely important, especially in a fighter like this. I feel like the addition of Snake would make the roster pretty fleshed out when it comes to character archetypes. You could argue the generals from Fire Emblem count as militaristic personalities, but I hear from a few friends who are vehement FE players that Smash gets their personalities all wrong.
I can't help but wonder what Snake's artstyle would look like in the bright and colorful Smash 4.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Yeah, I'm not feeling Bomberman either. I think there's a ton of more important 3rd party characters.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Variety is definitely important, especially in a fighter like this. I feel like the addition of Snake would make the roster pretty fleshed out when it comes to character archetypes. You could argue the generals from Fire Emblem count as militaristic personalities, but I hear from a few friends who are vehement FE players that Smash gets their personalities all wrong.
I can't help but wonder what Snake's artstyle would look like in the bright and colorful Smash 4.
Welcome to the Snake Thread., the best thread on Smashboards.

Not entirely. I've played Radiant Dawn and Awakening. Ike, Robin, and Lucina are all in character. It's just that since Smash is a fighting game that emphasizes gameplay while FE are JRPGs that emphasize story and character, Smash has some trouble en-capturing all of their personality.

150 pages men! Great Job!

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
We gotta keep this train rolling, so i put together some quick banners, or propaganda posters if you will.

A large one

And one for sigs

Neighbor_Kid

Smash Cadet
Does Kojima not being part of Konami affect his chances? I've been pretty down lately learning that MGSV will be the last true MGS but Snake's inclusion would certainly cheer me up

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Does Kojima not being part of Konami affect his chances? I've been pretty down lately learning that MGSV will be the last true MGS but Snake's inclusion would certainly cheer me up
It's really up for debate. Personally, I don't think so. I believe Konami owns pretty much all of the Metal Gear franchise, so Kojima leaving would leave it unaffected (maybe)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
For the MGS and FE fans here:

I actually said that to people irl at least 3 times by now :awesome:
For a moment I legitimately thought someone played through the whole game with that name just to capture that one moment.

Then I saw the Photoshop. :awesome:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So what happens if you vote on a computer that has already been used? I just voted on my iPad again using the exact same detail and it said my vote was received.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
For a moment I legitimately thought someone played through the whole game with that name just to capture that one moment.

Then I saw the Photoshop. :awesome:
Microsoft Paint :troll:
So what happens if you vote on a computer that has already been used? I just voted on my iPad again using the exact same detail and it said my vote was received.
It's all just rumors, and using different devices to have different IP address's is considered the safe way to vote twice at this moment.

General belief is using the same device to vote overwrites the original vote...or pretends to count but actually doesn't, but again, just rumors. I personally doubt they'd do that, too complicated since there would be families trying to get votes in on the same device.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Guys, Happy Easter! Who is going to hunt some Easter Eggs...in Metal Gear games? There are plenty of them!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Would Snake be better in his own trailer, or as a surprise fighter to hijack somebody else's?

I think the latter would be perfect, it'd stay true to his character and offer a sufficient modicum of unexpected hype~ :3

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Would Snake be better in his own trailer, or as a surprise fighter to hijack somebody else's?

I think the latter would be perfect, it'd stay true to his character and offer a sufficient modicum of unexpected hype~ :3
Being in another trailer would be really cool and fitting with his character, but I think that we would get a Snake-centric trailer. Every other TP character got it individually and, let's be honest, everyone gets hyped when we see the cross slashing the screen!

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

Hijacks, obviously. I mean, the smash intro and the codec call after it would be a dead giveaway, but the codec call after someone else's trailer would be a greater surprise.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Forgive me for being off topic, but is MGS3 for the 3DS worthwhile?
Depends. Are you sensitive to framerates or dislike controlling the camera with the face buttons? (unless you have a circle pad pro or a new 3DS)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Oh man, speaking of MGS and the 3DS, I completely forgot about that theme.

But now that my NNID is out of limbo...

Oh yes, Snake Eateeerrrr.

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Being in another trailer would be really cool and fitting with his character, but I think that we would get a Snake-centric trailer. Every other TP character got it individually and, let's be honest, everyone gets hyped when we see the cross slashing the screen!
Your profile picture is pure win.
Time to make a trip back to MGS2 and hunt for some dog tags, more like... xD

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
That REX battle, though. I feel you, man. I feel you.
But hey, I beat solidus with keyboard and mouse after a few tries.(I played on pc copy), still cant take on boss battle.
I also somehow beat the super-insectors in snatcher, I just went mad rapid fire on them.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Saving Snake from the second page again.

I still don't see any issues between Nintendo or Konami about getting Snake back in Smash, particularly with all the fan support.

We did get that MGS 3D theme out of the blue, and it was in the top sellers list when I went to look for it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Makes sense. It seemed like it worked for Capcom after everything that happened with Mega Man.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I like how some people treat Snake fans like they are stupid for voting for him. Those are probably the same dumb people voting for characters like Lloyd, Geno, Daisy, Crash, Spyro, Shadow, and Sora.

I honestly feel that third parties should be reserved for the most popular characters in gaming that have at least had a couple games on Nintendo consoles. I wish Sakurai would set some sort of criteria for third parties.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I like how some people treat Snake fans like they are stupid for voting for him. Those are probably the same dumb people voting for characters like Lloyd, Geno, Daisy, Crash, Spyro, Shadow, and Sora.

I honestly feel that third parties should be reserved for the most popular characters in gaming that have at least had a couple games on Nintendo consoles. I wish Sakurai would set some sort of criteria for third parties.
Kingdom Hearts content in Smash would be awesome. Guilty pleasure.

And where does that leave Rayman? He's not one of the big names like Megaman, but the trophies leave me wondering if people think otherwise.

Snake is very popular, but arguably seems to be more on Rayman's level. I want him back because he's a veteran and I guess I'm kinda biased toward him. Smash got me interested in Metal Gear.

---

Last edited:

Nicholas Donnoli

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowman9934
Honestly I saw a small poll who estimated who was getting voted for. And I saw that King K Rool was 1st and Ridley was second and of course the legendary skier coming in third. But honestly sakurai de confirmed Ridley even after being a fan favorite. And k Rool is a whole new character so hmmmm if they choose to make the highest votes being in this situation. snake and K Rool who would they make? Snake has previous assets that can be used and have him game ready in 4-6 months. K Rool is fresh making him about 12-15 month process and work period. Fan base wants snake. Less work and money spent for snake. We have a huge chance.

Top Bottom