• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm not so sure, Snake might be a lost cause due to what's happening with Konami and Kojima. Does anyone know if he would affect the game's rating if he was added?
  1. Konami is putting Kojima's name back on the MGS series. Not that it matters if we make enough noise.
  2. Melee was rated T without Snake, he did nothing to raise Brawl's rating.
  3. DLC isn't rated by the ESRB anyway.

Last edited:

Solmatter

Smash Cadet
Of all the people repping cut vets, it always seems like the Snake guys are the most passionate. So I'm pulling for you all, gonna drop a vote from another device.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm not so sure, Snake might be a lost cause due to what's happening with Konami and Kojima. Does anyone know if he would affect the game's rating if he was added?
DLC is unrated so I doubt it.
:4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So I have only been able to access two computers, but my library has 15+. Soon I shall give Solid Snake the upmost support.

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
Just sent in another vote on my home computer, this time using all 500 characters -- I'm still going to vote through my consoles and other laptops in the household. It's not over yet, Snake!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
If Shulk has an alt with his swim trunks, Snake needs one too. Shulk even has blond hair, so I guess we could reenact the ending of MGS1. :p

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
If Shulk has an alt with his swim trunks, Snake needs one too. Shulk even has blond hair, so I guess we could reenact the ending of MGS1. :p
May as well give Snake, Captain Falcon, Little Mac, and Ike all shirtless as well.

Tight boxer briefs would be great too...

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Welp, I voted twice on my mobile browser. First vote was Snake, second was Fiora. It seemed both counted but I wonder if that really is the case, I heard from one source that only the most recent vote counts, another that you can vote from different devices on the same network, and also that they don't track IPs too much but don't spam too much. I'm unsure what to believe right now...
None has said anything on how the system works. Just today I voted for Sophitia at my local Starbucks, via my 2DS but I did the poll on the Spanish section. They asked for a nickname first.

Makes me wonder if the language of the poll also counts for how many times you can vote. Like maybe you can vote for Snake in the English poll, and for Big Boss in the French poll and so on...

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I feel like Sakurai will be pretty seldom with 3rd parties. But I think Snake easily have a priority over other 3rd parties. The only other 3rd party characters I could see are Rayman, along with 3rd parties really close to Nintendo like Shovel Knight and Shantae.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Lucas and Mewtwo aren't bringing any other DLC besides themselvs right?
I think the Miiverse stage & Tournament mode will come out along with Mewtwo, nothing has been confirmed for Lucas though; I'm hoping some remade stages come along in the future.

I feel like Sakurai will be pretty seldom with 3rd parties. But I think Snake easily have a priority over other 3rd parties. The only other 3rd party characters I could see are Rayman, along with 3rd parties really close to Nintendo like Shovel Knight and Shantae.
Don't forget Bayonetta!

I'm loving the support for Snake so far, he seems to be one of the most popular choices.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I think the Miiverse stage & Tournament mode will come out along with Mewtwo, nothing has been confirmed for Lucas though; I'm hoping some remade stages come along in the future.

Don't forget Bayonetta!

I'm loving the support for Snake so far, he seems to be one of the most popular choices.
I am willing to bet Snake is within the top 5 of character choices right now. Probably along with Wolf, K.Rool, Inkling, and Isaac.

It will make me wonder if Sakurai would actually listen to the Snake requests though.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Snake was all the way on the second page. Where is everyone? We were all so hopeful during speculation, but now we have a chance to change things! We should have constant chatter in here, this is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity.

It's time for this soldier to get some good fortune for once.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Snake was all the way on the second page. Where is everyone? We were all so hopeful during speculation, but now we have a chance to change things! We should have constant chatter in here, this is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity.

It's time for this soldier to get some good fortune for once.
Wow that was the st time we went to 2nd page.
Hey we're at least 51 pages away from getting to 200 pages!

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I'll support Snake. I feel like the other characters I want - K. Rool and Wolf- will probably make it thanks to the community. Snake, despite being a vet, has the 3rd party problem as well as the conflict between Kojima and Konami.
So my votes willbgo to Snake. Let's pray.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I still see a large amount of snake hate on the web, and of course new reasons for his exclusion which people seem to cling to like no other. The new ones now are, that the nintendo facebook only mentions "vote for your favorite nintendo character", so now they think that any votes for third party wont matter. And then theres the now present, "kojima and konami are on the outs so snake can no longer appear", which doesnt matter since capcom hasnt done jack for megaman since inafune left but yet hes still here at request.

Anyway we gotta keep up the support, even if nintendo doesnt make a move perhaps we can make konami request his presence.

We need more miiverse art like this

I have hope, but man im not sure if the smash community as a whole will make the best choices in the long run, im more worried about characters i dont want in the game getting in at this point, ill leave them nameless for now though lol.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Honestly, I think that the "Nintendo characters" on Facebook doesn't mean much. Nintendo usually repeats this kind of limitations on almost every way they can.
C'mon, how could they put such explicit limitation on the Facebook page and not on the Ballot itself?! It doesn't make any sense.
Anyway I will try to ask to some Nintendo rep, like JC or Bill Trinen trough Twitter.
Somebody who knows japanese can try to reach Sakurai himself?

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Honestly, I think that the "Nintendo characters" on Facebook doesn't mean much. Nintendo usually repeats this kind of limitations on almost every way they can.
Exactly, but unfortunately many people seem to be taking that as the word of god now or something, when if they wanted to curve any non nintendo support they could have handled that easily by puting it on the site. It only bugs because its once again another mudsling thats headed snakes way, when there is no basis for it as outright fact.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Haters can't affect the poll, so I wouldn't worry about them. At best I do see alot of people saying they've voted for snake, so that's good.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Haters can't affect the poll, so I wouldn't worry about them. At best I do see alot of people saying they've voted for snake, so that's good.
There is a poll where you vote the characters you voted for the official ballot (for make us able to have an idea of how it is going), and Snake is actually ranked 3rd (4th if you count the "Other" option), higher than Wolf and Isaac! But I'm shoked that the 1st is Shovel Knight...
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/31b5d2/ive_created_a_survey_to_help_us_see_which/

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I notice you guys don't have a support list. Because when I have said I support you guys, I mean to be added, but it is OK.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Maybe people will shut up about Snake now that Banjo is in the picture.

I'm giddy at the thought of my top three in the same game together.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
You know they wont, they will condemn snake while making excuses for banjo's inclusion of course. Ive already seen some of it, its one of the many things that drives me nuts about the fanbase as a whole.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Surely Nintendo would give some consideration to 3rd parties that have been on a nintendo system at least once right (and that other factors don't outright prohibit them from being included)? Hopefully Snake is still safe. He's also a veteran so that may help more imo.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
There is a poll where you vote the characters you voted for the official ballot (for make us able to have an idea of how it is going), and Snake is actually ranked 3rd (4th if you count the "Other" option), higher than Wolf and Isaac! But I'm shoked that the 1st is Shovel Knight...
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/31b5d2/ive_created_a_survey_to_help_us_see_which/
Ugh... I have a lot of terrible reasons to why Shovel Knight is an awful idea, but I'll shut my mouth since nothing good can come from that XD

I'm giddy at the thought of my top three in the same game together.
Someone on gamefaqs made a good point about Banjo:
It's Nintendo that's not okay with advertising games from a competing company, not that competing companies don't want their characters in Smash.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I honestly feel Shantae would be a better idea than Shovel Knight. Mainly because it has been a series since 2002.

I would love to see Banjo/Kazooie in Smash with Snake.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Maybe this is just blind optimism talking, but here's how I hope things pan out as far as the DLC situation is concerned. If Mewtwo and Lucas are any indication, DLC characters might be released every two months, at least until October and the end of the poll. I realize that two examples don't make a pattern, but I'm thinking that at E3 (which is in mid-June), we'll get an announcement for Wolf as DLC, who's due out in August. I'm just figuring this because we're almost definitely going to be getting more information on Star Fox at E3 (since, as far as we know, it's still coming out this year), and if Lucas is being brought back, it seems pretty likely that Wolf is planned for some point down the line.

Assuming that keeps up, it seems like there would be one more DLC announcement in August before the poll ends in October, in order to get people excited for the final stretch. Again, this is purely optimism on my part - I don't have any clue how many DLC characters we'll be getting, or if anyone will even be announced at E3. However, if it does work out like that, and somebody gets announced in August, I feel like that would be a good time to show Snake. Metal Gear Solid V's release is right around the corner, and if my guess is right and they do reveal Wolf at E3, it would seem to indicate that they'd be sticking with veterans before the poll ends.

Assuming that they can't work around the 3DS's limitations, Ice Climbers wouldn't be an option, and there isn't really a huge outcry for Squirtle, Ivysaur, Pichu, or Young Link, at least from what I've seen (if there is, I apologize; I just haven't seen a whole lot of campaigning for their inclusion or complaints about their absence). I just figure that, if Wolf gets announced at E3, it seems like Snake would most likely be the next choice. Does this make any sense, or am I just sounding like a crazy person?

tl:dr, this is what I'm thinking might happen:
-Lucas comes out in June (around E3), Wolf gets announced at E3
-Wolf comes out in August, Snake gets announced around that time to keep up excitement before the poll ends (other cut veterans wouldn't get as much of a reaction)
-Snake comes out in October; poll ends and we get a newcomer as DLC much further down the line

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
One of my votes is definatly going for Snake.

I'm listening to the amazing intro theme "Snake Eater" now. :awesome:

So if Snake shows back up, can we also expect Shadow Moss Island to make abnd appearance?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So if Snake shows back up, can we also expect Shadow Moss Island to make abnd appearance?
SHADOW MOSS FTW YO

If Snake came back, I do see Shadow Moses as likely for the 3DS version as a port. I fully expect the Wii U version to get a location based on either Peace Walker or Phantom Pain.

If it were Phantom Pain, then we'd probably get some unbelievable MGSV plot foreshadowing hidden as an Easter egg again.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Maybe this is just blind optimism talking, but here's how I hope things pan out as far as the DLC situation is concerned. If Mewtwo and Lucas are any indication, DLC characters might be released every two months, at least until October and the end of the poll. I realize that two examples don't make a pattern, but I'm thinking that at E3 (which is in mid-June), we'll get an announcement for Wolf as DLC, who's due out in August. I'm just figuring this because we're almost definitely going to be getting more information on Star Fox at E3 (since, as far as we know, it's still coming out this year), and if Lucas is being brought back, it seems pretty likely that Wolf is planned for some point down the line.

Assuming that keeps up, it seems like there would be one more DLC announcement in August before the poll ends in October, in order to get people excited for the final stretch. Again, this is purely optimism on my part - I don't have any clue how many DLC characters we'll be getting, or if anyone will even be announced at E3. However, if it does work out like that, and somebody gets announced in August, I feel like that would be a good time to show Snake. Metal Gear Solid V's release is right around the corner, and if my guess is right and they do reveal Wolf at E3, it would seem to indicate that they'd be sticking with veterans before the poll ends.

Assuming that they can't work around the 3DS's limitations, Ice Climbers wouldn't be an option, and there isn't really a huge outcry for Squirtle, Ivysaur, Pichu, or Young Link, at least from what I've seen (if there is, I apologize; I just haven't seen a whole lot of campaigning for their inclusion or complaints about their absence). I just figure that, if Wolf gets announced at E3, it seems like Snake would most likely be the next choice. Does this make any sense, or am I just sounding like a crazy person?

tl:dr, this is what I'm thinking might happen:
-Lucas comes out in June (around E3), Wolf gets announced at E3
-Wolf comes out in August, Snake gets announced around that time to keep up excitement before the poll ends (other cut veterans wouldn't get as much of a reaction)
-Snake comes out in October; poll ends and we get a newcomer as DLC much further down the line
October or September makes sense since mgsv comes out that time.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Gushing a bit here, but aside from the codec calls, that foreshadowing in Shadow Moses for Guns Of The Patriots, both in Metal Gear cameos and Meta Knight codec, was my favorite thing about the stage.

Kojima had the metal balls to put foreshadowing for the PS3's then killer app in the killer app in another company's game on a system that was directly competing with it.

MashPotato

Smash Cadet
NNID
StarForce1000
I got a few votes for snake in today at my school. I just want him and perhaps Layton and Bayonetta. I'll get some more votes for those three next week.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I am willing to bet Snake is within the top 5 of character choices right now. Probably along with Wolf, K.Rool, Inkling, and Isaac.

It will make me wonder if Sakurai would actually listen to the Snake requests though.
Man, I feel like Wolf is such a waste of a vote; not because I don't like the character (I do) but because I think he's guaranteed to get in the game regardless of votes. If Lucas comes back, then the dude who is about to be in a big Nintendo game will certainly come back too.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I voted for Snake, K.Rool, Isaac and Wolf so far.

Got one more vote on my personal electronics.

It's either Banjo Kazooie, Impa or a revote of my one of the above.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I don't think I have asked this before. But why do you think so many people dislike Snake?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I don't think I have asked this before. But why do you think so many people dislike Snake?
Because he's a clone old joke sry

Maybe people just find M-rated or mature content boring or unfit for Smash. (Metroid kinda comes close to this in some ways, but not exactly, and it's first party)
Can't think of any reasons gameplay-wise or anything else.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
"If you have haters, it means that you are doing it right." cit.

Probably the dislike is derivated from the few MG games on Nintendo consoles throught the years.
But I'm sure that 95% of the fanboys who says "Put MGSV on Wii U then you can have Snake in Smash" wouldn't buy it. Seriously, how can they blame Konami for not wasting money on ports that nobody would buy? Simply most of Nintendo fanbase isn't able to appreace a game with militaristic themes (or any games without "NINTENDO" write on it). Of course not everybody is in this way (I think that most of us are both MG and Nintendo fans), but most of the fanboys are...

Being a fanboy is a real bad thing, whenever it is Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft or Steam.

Last edited:

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
For a multitude of reasons, some of which are:

A.) Those uninitiated to the Metal Gear universe condescend Snake as a two-dimensional military man that whose personality equates to that of a cardboard box trope various films and tv shows have generalized over time. Utilizing *a false sense* of deductive reasoning in relation to the Metal Gear series being rated M, these folk see Snake as a maniacal, gun-toting killer with no humanistic ideals--ultimately deeming him as "unfitting" in Smash Bros.

B.) Seeing Snake as more of a Sony character, despite the only major title being exclusive to the platform is MGS4; Kojima stated that bringing the game over to Xbox 360 is something he wants (implying he wanted the game to be multiplatform during the early development stages of 4), but because of hardware limitations, is virtually impossible.

C.) Expanding on point B, these people feel as though Snake doesn't deserve to return because of his inconsistent presence on Nintendo consoles. The NES had Metal Gear 1 and Solid Snake (Snake's Revenge if that even counts), Ghost Babel was exclusively on the Gameboy Color, the Gamecube received an updated MGS1 that supposedly had the guidance of Miyamoto, and an updated MGS3 on the 3DS which was revealed at the 3DS' first E3 in 2010. The fact that MGSV isn't on the Wii U gives these people an entitlement that Snake is barred from Smash 4--this mentality wasn't as widespread back when Brawl had Snake, despite MGS4 being a PS3 exclusive. Was Phantom Pain's lacking presence on the Wii U a surprise considering the soft third party support for the console?

Last edited:
Top Bottom