• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
If Snake returns, how does everyone imagine Pit's "Palutena's Guidance" dialog would go for him?

I keep imagining Otacon talking to Palutena and Pit about him, somehow over the codec. "Angels and Goddesses? This is just like one of my Japanese animes!"

Sleep grenades and an RPG missile that launches straight forward.
I could imagine Otacon taking over the conversation at some point and then both of them complaining about how grumpy he is or something. Snake would make grumbling noises.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
The straw grasping comeback in that thread is being so overused to the point where I don't find it funny anymore.
I think Snake as DLC is more possible than Ice Climbers (3ds limitations), Wolf (moves becoming Fox's custom moves), and Lucas (moves becoming Ness's custom moves). Nothing that we know is stopping Snake.

Also the people who say Snake fans are grasping at straws were probably the same people who thought Ridley or K. Rool would be playable.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
The colonel JPN voice actor died so if there were codecs with palutena, Otacon would be a sure bet I think.

I could imagine Otacon taking over the conversation at some point and then both of them complaining about how grumpy he is or something. Snake would make grumbling noises.
I could definitely see something like that now that you mention it.
Them just teasing snake for being grumpy.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
The codec I want to see the most is the one about Mewtwo. I'd like to see Snake and Otacon talk about how Mewtwo parallels Snake. I'd also like to Pit, Palutena, Greninja, and an updated ZZS codec.

I just started learning how to wavedash and the one question that keeps popping into my mind is how the hell do pro players do this all the time!?!?

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
oh great, there goes bluecomet insulting and generalizing the snake fanbase again.
I gave my two cents on the whole thread. Will be my last post in there unless people actually become decent with their postings in there.

-----------------------------

Also I have some new that could be bad for us.
They mentioned Snake in the Direct to all of out surprise.
Which is odd to do when he isn't included and the like.

However in this Miiverse Post Sakurai comments on the X Bomb not being from Meteos.
A game that he doesn't own and isn't a nintendo exclusive either.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAABAAAYUKk-l9SYzg

Just throwing that out there.
Though it can be seen as two different uses.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I gave my two cents on the whole thread. Will be my last post in there unless people actually become decent with their postings in there.

-----------------------------

Also I have some new that could be bad for us.
They mentioned Snake in the Direct to all of out surprise.
Which is odd to do when he isn't included and the like.

However in this Miiverse Post Sakurai comments on the X Bomb not being from Meteos.
A game that he doesn't own and isn't a nintendo exclusive either.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAABAAAYUKk-l9SYzg

Just throwing that out there.
Though it can be seen as two different uses.
Meteos was published by bandai and nintendo, I recall, don't see the danger in mentioning metoes considering bamco is working on smash.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Meteos was published by bandai and nintendo, I recall, don't see the danger in mentioning metoes considering bamco is working on smash.
True I did forget about that tidbit.
I knew there was probably something missing.
Though I know it is owned by Q entertainment.
Who knows what the paperwork is there on it.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
True I did forget about that tidbit.
I knew there was probably something missing.
Though I know it is owned by Q entertainment.
Who knows what the paperwork is there on it.
It was also directed/designed by Sakurai if I'm not mistaken.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I wouldn't worry about who owns what. Fact of the matter is that Snake got namedropped in the Direct (whether it means anything or not is certainly up for debate). Just make sure you guys get your voices heard!

On a side note, @ CaptainCrisb CaptainCrisb if you are rallying people on other forums, you should definitely give them a link to the Snake Twitter account. We need followers. We don't have all that many, and I want moar. MOAR I SAY!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If Snake was to be in the game, the one codec conversation that would like to hear the most is the one when they talk about Rosalina. I would like to see Snake and either Mei Ling or the colonel talk about how to deal with her and Luma...and maybe make a brief mention about her tragic past...but knowing Campbell, he'd tell him not to feel sorry for her and never hold back because of it.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Campbell most likely wouldn't be in the game, due to Campbell's Japanese VA dying. As for the Rosalina codec, I'd be more interested in what Snake would say during the codec.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I'd suspect raiden would be in his codec now,though I'm not sure if he'll come with codecs.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
For me personally I honestly feel if snake makes it back.
We won't get as much love as we saw in brawl just due to time concerns.
I see him getting in, having a alt, custom moves, and shadow moses returning.

But when it comes to codecs I see them only worrying about the Palutena Guidance related to him.
Were still unsure about who would voice since if they went the quick route, snake wouldn't even talk during his PG and they would just reuse Hayters Brawl sounds.

I want to be wrong though.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
For me personally I honestly feel if snake makes it back.
We won't get as much love as we saw in brawl just due to time concerns.
I see him getting in, having a alt, custom moves, and shadow moses returning.

But when it comes to codecs I see them only worrying about the Palutena Guidance related to him.
Were still unsure about who would voice since if they went the quick route, snake wouldn't even talk during his PG and they would just reuse Hayters Brawl sounds.

I want to be wrong though.
I'm certain we would get a MGS3 big boss alt

I'm thinking we may not get codecs, due to voice actor issues, so he'll probably use Hayter's brawl sounds, sadly.
They should make new codecs with Hayter, many people want to see him in action as snake again, and this could be the perfect opportunity.
I wanna see FD shadow moses, I'd love to play on FD while listening to the theme of solid snake.

Cherenando

Smash Apprentice
I thought Hayter wasn't voicing big boss this time around just because they need to make clear Solid Snake and BB are two different persons

Is he not returning to voice Solid Snake , ever?

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I thought Hayter wasn't voicing big boss this time around just because they need to make clear Solid Snake and BB are two different persons

Is he not returning to voice Solid Snake , ever?
He's been throwing some insults at konami lately, so idk.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Call me crazy but if you asked me who the next DLC is going to be, I would say Rayman. This is because of the big deal related to his statute reveal. Why go through the effort to get his statute without a character.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Can you imagine 8 Player smash with all snakes.
Walking would never be safe.
Too much win for the Wii U to contain. Every second of every match would be a lethal round of guess who, from grenades to mines to mortars to C4. It would a hellhole. The one hellhole I'd love to visit.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman

David
John
blood relative
boss
Hard (life)

The Patriots have a hand in this for sure.

I know that you are fighting Mario/Luigi and Bowser/Bowser JR, but all of those can't be a coincidence.
Also there is no reason for Blood Relative to be in quotes, because they are...except for the Snakes are clones.

I think we will get Solid and Big Boss much like Olimar and Alph, but think we will miss out on the Codecs as Pit stole them. The one with snake will be pretty hilarious, though.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I am become thread owner! FEAR ME!

I'll be updating the OP when I get a chance, but hopefully I can manage it soon. Bear with me guys. This man needs sleep though. So for now, good night to you all!

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I am become thread owner! FEAR ME!

I'll be updating the OP when I get a chance, but hopefully I can manage it soon. Bear with me guys. This man needs sleep though. So for now, good night to you all!
Wow, I was just going to tag you and ask if you were going to be the new thread owner.
Well, full steam ahead! This Snake train is not stopping!
I know that you are fighting Mario/Luigi and Bowser/Bowser JR, but all of those can't be a coincidence.
Also there is no reason for Blood Relative to be in quotes, because they are...except for the Snakes are clones.

I think we will get Solid and Big Boss much like Olimar and Alph, but think we will miss out on the Codecs as Pit stole them. The one with snake will be pretty hilarious, though.
Good to see you back twin shot, and I'll be honest, that blood relative thing gives me more hope than the off-hand mention :p.

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the abrupt intrusion, but I must say how refreshing it is to see Snake supporters in general. It's nice to know that there are other kindred Snake spirits in the Smash community - I don't run into a whole lot in my travels.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Honestly, I'm pushing for Snake right with you guys. And I'm a hypocrite because I HATE DLC speculation. I find it extremely odd that they actually bothered mentioning Snake and his Codecs by name when we know he wasn't in the final roster. For them to say that on a stream/video means they had to be in SOME form of contact with Konami/Kojima to be allowed to do that. That alone pretty much gives Snake more of a chance than anyone else. But hey, only time will tell.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Only info we have is the mention. And the bogus Tower of Smash leak follow up that says the game will launch with Snake, but I don't believe that.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Sorry for the abrupt intrusion, but I must say how refreshing it is to see Snake supporters in general. It's nice to know that there are other kindred Snake spirits in the Smash community - I don't run into a whole lot in my travels.
Honestly, I'm pushing for Snake right with you guys. And I'm a hypocrite because I HATE DLC speculation. I find it extremely odd that they actually bothered mentioning Snake and his Codecs by name when we know he wasn't in the final roster. For them to say that on a stream/video means they had to be in SOME form of contact with Konami/Kojima to be allowed to do that. That alone pretty much gives Snake more of a chance than anyone else. But hey, only time will tell.
Thanks for all this support! It feels great to have so much optimism this time around! You should all stick around!

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Only info we have is the mention. And the bogus Tower of Smash leak follow up that says the game will launch with Snake, but I don't believe that.
Yeah I never even believed the leak before back when others were, and I still won't now.

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
Yes, that namedrop did pique my interest - why did they decide to namedrop him now? I'm no aficionado or well-versed when it comes to legal matters, but I feel as though there definitely had to have been some discussions going on between Nintendo and Konami for the reference to have been made. Either that, or since Brawl and its contents have been published for quite some time now, Nintendo has the right to naturally refer to whatever they want within that game without consulting Konami.

What significantly irks me about Smash 4 is how an entire universe (Metal Gear) was removed and there's no traces left of it - other than the newly announced Palutena's Guidance, and the similarities between Zero Suit Samus' new final smash and Pac-Man's down air (reminds me a bit of Snake's down air). Even though Rayman has a trophy of his own, Snake nor any other Metal Gear related trophies remain (despite other recently deceased veterans appearing as a trophy).

Thanks for all this support! It feels great to have so much optimism this time around! You should all stick around!
Thank you kindly! I'd be greatly enthused to be a part of this Snake community. Here's to hoping that the road ahead to Snake as DLC will be prosperous and successful!

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Yes, that namedrop did pique my interest - why did they decide to namedrop him now? I'm no aficionado or well-versed when it comes to legal matters, but I feel as though there definitely had to have been some discussions going on between Nintendo and Konami for the reference to have been made. Either that, or since Brawl and its contents have been published for quite some time now, Nintendo has the right to naturally refer to whatever they want within that game without consulting Konami.

What significantly irks me about Smash 4 is how an entire universe (Metal Gear) was removed and there's no traces left of it - other than the newly announced Palutena's Guidance, and the similarities between Zero Suit Samus' new final smash and Pac-Man's down air (reminds me a bit of Snake's down air). Even though Rayman has a trophy of his own, Snake nor any other Metal Gear related trophies remain (despite other recently deceased veterans appearing as a trophy).

Thank you kindly! I'd be greatly enthused to be a part of this Snake community. Here's to hoping that the road ahead to Snake as DLC will be prosperous and successful!
It's a great community! You don't need to be here long to get involved. Don't bother reading though the past 106 pages. I've been here since page six, so if you have any questions feel free to ask me! Hope you enjoy yourself here!

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Call me crazy but if you asked me who the next DLC is going to be, I would say Rayman. This is because of the big deal related to his statute reveal. Why go through the effort to get his statute without a character.
I don't know man, Sakurai's known for his oddities. I'm still really confused why he didn't just deconfirm Ridley during the direct, it would have been the best for all of us.
Also, Snake's the only contender who has not had an official trophy, and why did they even mention him in the 50 fact extravaganza? (as I'm sure everyone else here has noticed)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Finally got around to changing the OP! I'll be adding a picture or video here or there tomorrow sometime hopefully. Another busy day and I need to head off to sleep.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I don't know man, Sakurai's known for his oddities. I'm still really confused why he didn't just deconfirm Ridley during the direct, it would have been the best for all of us.
Also, Snake's the only contender who has not had an official trophy, and why did they even mention him in the 50 fact extravaganza? (as I'm sure everyone else here has noticed)
At the moment, it seems like they used it as way to better describe palutena's guidence. But they could have certainly done without it. How would they describe snake's code calls if this was back in brawl? It wasn't necessary, which is why it's suspicious. I don't know what to think about it, but at the moment, we can say it was used to help describe the kid icarus codecs.
I'm more interested in that "Solidity" event. Was the guy who took that picture a big fan of metal gear or what?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
In 2008, Solid Snake’s storyline was declared “over” by Mr. Kojima with the release of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for the Playstation 3. This starred Snake at an older age, as he had been suffering the effects of the virus called “Foxdie” which sped up his aging process.
Small correction:
The accelerated aging wasn't caused by FoxDie, it was a product of Snake's birth as a clone.
He and his brothers had that so they wouldn't last long if they "fell into the wrong hands" IIRC.
Solidus aged much faster than Snake and Liquid, despite being slightly younger than them.

----

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Solidus aged much faster than Snake and Liquid, despite being slightly younger than them.

----
Because genetics and presidency plans and corruption oh my.

And for those worrying about VAs; imitators exist. Mewtwo's original voice actor in English has also passed away. I doubt it would be difficult to find someone who could reasonably do Campbell in Japanese.

As for Snake, we have Keifer Sutherland should Hayter be too much trouble.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Small correction:
The accelerated aging wasn't caused by FoxDie, it was a product of Snake's birth as a clone.
He and his brothers had that so they wouldn't last long if they "fell into the wrong hands" IIRC.

----
Fun Fact: The reason solidus aged faster than Solid and Liquid was due to the fact the he was an exact clone of Big Boss. All the Snakes were also sterile. Big Boss became infertile during nuclear experiments and 'Les Enfants Terribles' were "programmed" sterile.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Small correction:

----
Thank you. I will take care of that now.

Top Bottom