• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Man, who knows if Snake will ever make an appearance as a DLC character. Only time will tell if it'll ever happen.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
When Snake comes back I'll probably loose all my natural eloquence and charm and descend into a squabbling mess but, hey.
So did I hear right when I heard that in order to get Mewtwo you had to by both the Wii U and 3DS games?
Dang.

When Snake comes back I'll probably loose all my natural eloquence and charm and descend into a squabbling mess but, hey.
So did I hear right when I heard that in order to get Mewtwo you had to by both the Wii U and 3DS games?
Hi Katty! It's great to have (almost, still waiting on you, @ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss ) the whole gang back. I can wait for the discussion we're going to have!

When snake comes back, I expect 3/4 of the forum to come and post in the "snake I was wrong" thread.
I am going to watch that thread and laugh harder than I did at the Miiverse posts.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
I did find it funny that regarding the snake mention in the direct.
Gamefaqs seemed to have more supporters in the thread regarding it than in the thread I made about it here.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Gamefaqs seemed to have more supporters in the thread regarding it than in the thread I made about it here.
Yeah I read your thread on that subject, there were a bunch of negative posts in that thread.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman

I have to say.
As much as it sucks that he's not back yet.
I do appreciate when for the joke stuff like this people still remember him.
Nothing irks me more than when people talk about cuts and ignore snake.
Like he was just some throwaway last minute addition to smash.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I was going to wait for @Skyfox2000 and @ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss , but I really wanted to kick off some discussion.

What changes do you think they are going to make to Snake's explosives? I'm hoping for multiple D-smashes and quicker grenades.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
I can see them messing around a bit with the RPG.
While it was great when landed. Most of the time it came down to other avenues to get KOs.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Places like smash reddit(armydude riled up tons of support for snake,there's rarely any snake hate there.) ,Gamefaqs, and NeoGaf(I think I saw someone named Jawmnucher in the dlc thread, is that you?) all are big places of support. Here... I don't really know what to say, I mean there's tons of support for him, but a lot of hate at the same time.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Quicker grenades? As in a quicker explosion?

Just change/buff side B and fix the hitboxes on side and up tilt. He's very well designed otherwise.

EDIT: GAF's pretty supportive towards Snake

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Places like smash reddit(armydude riled up tons of support for snake,there's rarely any snake hate there.) ,Gamefaqs, and NeoGaf(I think I saw someone named Jawmnucher in the dlc thread, is that you?) all are big places of support. Here... I don't really know what to say, I mean there's tons of support for him, but a lot of hate at the same time.
If you see Jawmuncher anywhere it is me.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Off Topic: Does anyone have any good Solid Snake Fan Art that could be used as an avatar. With the Snake thread re-opened (It feels surreal and amazing to say that) I wanted to change my avatar to Snake instead of keeping Shikotsumyaku. Thanks.

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
Off Topic: Does anyone have any good Solid Snake Fan Art that could be used as an avatar. With the Snake thread re-opened (It feels surreal and amazing to say that) I wanted to change my avatar to Snake instead of keeping Shikotsumyaku. Thanks.
Any image involving Old Snake.

Old Snake is best Snake.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
I am kind of surprised they mentioned him by name, I'd have thought that'd be a legal issue.

^That is some sweet artwork.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
I really wish they brought the snake skin 3ds to the U.S, would have bought it in a heartbeat.
Yep I would have bought that in a heartbeat.
Had bought the Big Boss PSP for Peace Walker and loved it.
At least we got the Hori Customization Pack over here.
Even if it was kinda cheap at the end of the day.

Still have the bag and faceplate somewhere.
Stylus is still my main one minus the lanyard.
Skin couldn't put up to my gaming though.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Yep I would have bought that in a heartbeat.
Had bought the Big Boss PSP for Peace Walker and loved it.
At least we got the Hori Customization Pack over here.
Even if it was kinda cheap at the end of the day.

Still have the bag and faceplate somewhere.
Stylus is still my main one minus the lanyard.
Skin couldn't put up to my gaming though.
Do they have one of those for XL?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
It coincided with the MGS3D release so sadly no.
Sense they never rereleased one for the XL when that version finally came out.
sigh... oh well. Are there any special metal gear themed 3ds decals like stickers or anything?

Planning on getting a New 3ds for xenoblade anyway, I wonder though, would the New 3ds improve how snake eater plays? It's already got a c stick which is good for people who don't like peace walker controls. The framerate on the regular won't bother me, as I play TF2 with a staggering framrate which goes from 10fps -30fps.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
sigh... oh well. Are there any special metal gear themed 3ds decals like stickers or anything?

Planning on getting a New 3ds for xenoblade anyway, I wonder though, would the New 3ds improve how snake eater plays? It's already got a c stick which is good for people who don't like peace walker controls. The framerate on the regular won't bother me, as I play TF2 with a staggering framrate which goes from 10fps -30fps.
The main thing you'll find is a unofficial skin for 3DS/XL based off MGS4.
However there's plenty of Decals you can find that are MGS related that you can just plop on a 3DS so long as you make sure the size is what you want.
Example

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Last edited:

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I think we can all agree here that Mewtwo came in for high fan demand. And because of that, we must continue bugging Kojima and Sakurai!

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
The thing is Mewtwo's demand always seemed to be pretty evident just in the smash community in general.
I know there were people tweeting and stuff but I don't recall how much. I know at least somewhere when there was a poll Snake was the 2nd most wanted veteran so there is that.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
The main thing you'll find is a unofficial skin for 3DS/XL based off MGS4.
However there's plenty of Decals you can find that are MGS related that you can just plop on a 3DS so long as you make sure the size is what you want.
Example
official or not,I just want my 3ds to be metal gear themed. I'll check these out.

Last edited:

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
The most corrupt country ever, except most others.
I'll just say this about Snake, since I would place him in the "possible, but not very probable" boat.

Given how little we know about Snake this time around (Did they even consider him? Did Kojima or Sakurai reject the idea suddenly? If so, why? Why is he gone? Are they attempting DLC? What are the circumstances of the rights to the character?), I'd like to hear some answers from Sakurai.

Sooner is preferable to later.

Also: While I absolutely sucked at using him, Snake was a great addition to Brawl and my heart goes out to those who wanted him back. I'm rooting for Snake DLC for you guys. :)

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
I'll just say this about Snake, since I would place him in the "possible, but not very probable" boat.

Given how little we know about Snake this time around (Did they even consider him? Did Kojima or Sakurai reject the idea suddenly? If so, why? Why is he gone? Are they attempting DLC? What are the circumstances of the rights to the character?), I'd like to hear some answers from Sakurai.

Answers is what we all want.
Literally the only thing we have to go is the interview here.
http://youtu.be/ufKS1gdnIGU?t=28m49s

We've already picked this clean but this has always been my take on it.
To me it sounds like whatever deal they set in place for snake allowed sakurai/nintendo
to use snake in future games if needed or they wanted. Since he says "please use snake".
Though that might be over analyzing it. Which if that is the case it's more than possible that
after that interview (Since we don't know the timeline of when DLC characters started fully),
they could have discussed about including him again.

I could see snake being a lower priority since they had Mario, Sonic, Megaman, and Pac-Man all in one game.
So for promotional purposes having a complete 4 of "mascots" fits perfectly. Just look at this japanese ad.
http://i1.wp.com/www.nintendolinked...9/Bwa7s9KCQAA4BWw.jpg-large.jpeg?fit=848,1024
DLC is basically seen as it's own thing maybe even as Super Smash Bros 6 (3DS was 4 and WiiU was 5)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797720
Thus the return of a third party wouldn't be out of place if you ask me.

Obviously as seen with the ridley thread.
Everything can sound good written down and make perfect sense.
But nothing ever goes that smoothly at the end of the day.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

Also: While I absolutely sucked at using him, Snake was a great addition to Brawl and my heart goes out to those who wanted him back. I'm rooting for Snake DLC for you guys. :)
Maybe Kojima was waiting for Sakurai to contact him and sakurai was waiting for Kojima to contact him.

I hope sakurai heard kojima's comment, or maybe snake was planned as DLC from the start, I mean, if snake was in the base game, someone else probably would have been cut or not added. He'd also sell very well, so it'd make sense to make him DLC.

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Kojima was waiting for Sakurai to contact him and sakurai was waiting for Kojima to contact him.

I hope sakurai heard kojima's comment, or maybe snake was planned as DLC from the start, I mean, if snake was in the base game, someone else probably would have been cut or not added. He'd also sell very well, so it'd make sense to make him DLC.
Based on Sakurai's early comment about DLC not being in the cards, I don't think Snake was planned as DLC from the start. To me, the most logical conclusion seems to be that Snake was simply low priority. Unless something extraneous happened behind the scenes that we're unaware of.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Right now in the world of Smash Leaks this is what everyone is using as their set in stone DLC 4.
Ridley, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo and Chorus Kids

Numerous "Leaks" are saying this.
I know a big issue at the moment is ridley since he was just shown as a boss.
However the stock being different from the ridley there was interesting.

When it comes to text rumors I never give them more than a grain of salt when considering them.
Since I need more info then that. For example the Gematsu leak as close as it was proved to be wrong.
Even though it probably did have the sources. Things change as we saw with Robin and Chrom.
Plus there could be even more on the table. As we saw with Bowser JR and Duck Hunt Dog. Characters that
I recall never appeared on any major "leak" list. Thus even if we get those crammed down our throat (which
believe me is already the case). Doesn't lower snakes chances at all.

Hell look at how many people took the Tower of Smash stuff dead serious.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Based on Sakurai's early comment about DLC not being in the cards, I don't think Snake was planned as DLC from the start. To me, the most logical conclusion seems to be that Snake was simply low priority. Unless something extraneous happened behind the scenes that we're unaware of.
The reason I say that was because gematsu stated nintendo was planning post development DLC. It is commonly accepted that gematsu is early information, so it's possible.
He also said they were being greedy, intentionally holding back a character could be considered greedy.

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
The reason I say that was because gematsu stated nintendo was planning post development DLC. It is commonly accepted that gematsu is early information, so it's possible.
He also said they were being greedy, intentionally holding back a character could be considered greedy.
True, but most fans of potential DLC characters aren't going to let a little extra money stop them.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
True, but most fans of potential DLC characters aren't going to let a little extra money stop them.
My friends joke that I would pay $50 dollars to play as snake again or do some other outrageous things to do so.
The sad thing is I probably would. So yeah if they're big enough fans DLC is definitely a small price to pay.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I don't care if it's greedy(I don't think it is, that's the leaker's opinion) but I'd buy snake in a heartbeat, I'm sure he'll be priced fairly. Nintendo isn't EA or Ubisoft, after all.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
My friends joke that I would pay $50 dollars to play as snake again or do some other outrageous things to do so.
The sad thing is I probably would. So yeah if they're big enough fans DLC is definitely a small price to pay.
My concern is how much money DLC costs. But where exactly are all these leaks?

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
My concern is how much money DLC costs. But where exactly are all these leaks?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/70388131/800597234

quick sum up.
those are the main ones going around atm.

ive been on GAF and thats the spainkiller leak he meant to say.
one big issue was that his leaker said connecting the systems would unlock the characters.
But i think he resaid that it meant thats how it covers cross buy or something on characters.
havent really thought much of it though.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Or Capcom. Can't forget Capcom when talking about awful DLC practices!
Doh'! How could I forget the.
Capcom is definitely one of the worst when it comes to DLC, hate on disc dlc. But, they do monster hunter DLC right, so I'll give me that.

Top Bottom