• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

PeterJude

Smash Ace
It's really a toss-up at this point... If Snake isn't confirmed prior to the japanese launch in a few weeks, I think it's about time to throw in the towel. I can't fathom them keeping Snake a secret character when we already had Sonic confirmed before we even got a post-E3 Newcomer.

For what it's worth though, I'm right here and hopeing with you all. I have yet to complete a MGS game, but Snake was an absurdley cool choice for a character and his moveset was wonderfully unique. I want him back too.
Sonic is a bit different though. Current new games appearing on the Wii U, a massive franchise with a huge amount of support (despite somehow managing to find the magic formula for breaking everything good in previous games, and keeping the bad). Snake might make it back in due to being in previously and being unique, and they may even being going for revealing him late for a late bit of advertising. You never really know though.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Let's not start the Sexulization Debacle again. I've heard enough of this during April.
Alright. I just wanted to make a MG pun. I can't help myself with puns, they're just too punny. Anyway, I still can't believe they put in that Alt for ZZS.

_Kun_

Smash Cadet
This why I think Snake is in:

Two third parties were announced in Brawl.
Two new third parties were announced in Smash 4.
Sakurai wants to make the best character game ever.
Snake was the first third party ever to be added to Smash.
Having both the first two third party characters in along with these new ones would allow us to have the first third party free for all including all the third parties ever making it to Smash. I think a third party free for all would be cool!

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

Having both the first two third party characters in along with these new ones would allow us to have the first third party free for all including all the third parties ever making it to Smash. I think a third party free for all would be cool!
This guy gets it. This needs an award.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Also I hate looking at rosters people make of all the characters they think will be in the final version. Almost none of them will have Snake, but will have characters like King K Rool.

Kazenova

Smash Rookie

That makes sense, but my reasoning for disliking him is that he no connections to Nintendo whatsoever. It seems like Sakurai was like "Hey, this game is doing good, let's go take their character and put him in our game. Also, we'll make him terrible." At least Sonic, Megaman and Pacman have a history with Nintendo. The infamous Nintendo-Sega war, the classic Megamans and of course Namco and Nintendo being at the forefront of gaming in the 80s. And then...Snake? When my friend told me that Snake was in Brawl, I called him a liar because he doesn't belong there. I mean, imagine if Mario just showed up in an MSG game all "Hi, Snake! Its-a-me! Mario AKA Italian Snake!" Buuuut that's just me talking out my ass. I'm the minority with Snake, he'll probably be back and I'll have to deal with stupid C4 shenanigans.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Also I hate looking at rosters people make of all the characters they think will be in the final version. Almost none of them will have Snake, but will have characters like King K Rool.
Ehmm...I have both in my roster...
and Marshal and Bandana Dee

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
That makes sense, but my reasoning for disliking him is that he no connections to Nintendo whatsoever. It seems like Sakurai was like "Hey, this game is doing good, let's go take their character and put him in our game. Also, we'll make him terrible." At least Sonic, Megaman and Pacman have a history with Nintendo. The infamous Nintendo-Sega war, the classic Megamans and of course Namco and Nintendo being at the forefront of gaming in the 80s. And then...Snake? When my friend told me that Snake was in Brawl, I called him a liar because he doesn't belong there. I mean, imagine if Mario just showed up in an MSG game all "Hi, Snake! Its-a-me! Mario AKA Italian Snake!" Buuuut that's just me talking out my ***. I'm the minority with Snake, he'll probably be back and I'll have to deal with stupid C4 shenanigans.

He already has... In a game that came out before Brawl...

And yes, you are talking out of your ***. Snake does have connections with Nintendo, including 5 exclusive titles, two of which feature cameos from Mario characters. If Sonic and Namco are as you say, primarily eligible because they come from companies that have history with Nintendo, you have to admit that Konami has a pretty extensive history with them as well, and not as direct competition like Sega was. And he is not terrible, seeing as he was for a long time the second highest ranked character on the Brawl tier list, and is still ranked sixth, above Falco. You're not making any arguments that haven't already been debunked here. I don't mean to come off as hostile, at least you admitted you're in the minority, but we've all gotten kind of sick of hearing these reasons.

Out of curiosity, have you actually ever played a Metal Gear game? What do you know about the series?

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
That makes sense, but my reasoning for disliking him is that he no connections to Nintendo whatsoever. It seems like Sakurai was like "Hey, this game is doing good, let's go take their character and put him in our game. Also, we'll make him terrible." At least Sonic, Megaman and Pacman have a history with Nintendo. The infamous Nintendo-Sega war, the classic Megamans and of course Namco and Nintendo being at the forefront of gaming in the 80s. And then...Snake? When my friend told me that Snake was in Brawl, I called him a liar because he doesn't belong there. I mean, imagine if Mario just showed up in an MSG game all "Hi, Snake! Its-a-me! Mario AKA Italian Snake!" Buuuut that's just me talking out my ***. I'm the minority with Snake, he'll probably be back and I'll have to deal with stupid C4 shenanigans.
You sound salty over all my Snake Free For Alls looking like World War 3.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
"The infamous Nintendo-Sega war"
Just like sonic reps that right. Then look at it this way: Snake reps the ps1 vs n64 days, as that battle was strong here in the U.S. with 30 million ps1s and 22 million N64s. Snake also reps ALL the mature M rated and millitary games on nintendo consoles and nintendo and konami's relationship (it's not as bad as people make it out to be konami still puts games on the 3ds, and both them and capcom don't really put games on wii u because of fear of no finncial gain, as both are hurting right now.) his game on the nes sold really well, with over 1 million sold in the us alone and an exclusive sequel. It was cause of the nes games metal gear is where it is today.

Also on the mario mgs thing, yoshi, was in snake eater 3d. So yeah you would see that. :p

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
Just like sonic reps that right. Then look at it this way: Snake reps the ps1 vs n64 days, as that battle was strong here in the U.S. with 30 million ps1s and 22 million N64s.

Also on the mario mgs thing, yoshi, was in snake eater 3d. So yeah you would see that. :p
I know you're trying to defend Snake but your first point is a dumb analogy to make, Snake was in no way the Sony Representative during the Fifth generation of gaming, It was Crash who was touted as Sony's answer to Mario and Sonic during that era.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I know you're trying to defend Snake but your first point is a dumb analogy to make, Snake was in no way the Sony Representative during the Fifth generation of gaming, It was Crash who was touted as Sony's answer to Mario and Sonic during that era.
I understand that, but I'm just saying it can be viewed that way.
Too bad crash is dead :(

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Most people don't see it the way you do for me Snake reps Konami and MGS nothing more.
Yeah you are right.
I just point out the ps1 vs n64 argument to people who feel he has a strong association the playstation. I don't associate him with any brand, his series is multiplatform, the only exclusive big canon game was mgs4 for ps3(portable ops was a side story I think, but it can be counted as well,) Mgs4 will probably get ported to the 8th gen of consoles because all 3 of them have enough disc space to hold the game.
You are right though, he is the konami rep, and I don't see any other konami character making it in other than him.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Yeah you are right.
I just point out the ps1 vs n64 argument to people who feel he has a strong association the playstation. I don't associate him with any brand, his series is multiplatform, the only exclusive big canon game was mgs4 for ps3(portable ops was a side story I think, but it can be counted as well,) Mgs4 will probably get ported to the 8th gen of consoles because all 3 of them have enough disc space to hold the game.
You are right though, he is the konami rep, and I don't see any other konami character making it in other than him.
People always forget that the original Metal Gear Solid was released on Microsoft Windows

Does project M have his twin snake's look?
Nope MGS2. :ness:
Just like sonic reps that right. Then look at it this way: Snake reps the ps1 vs n64 days, as that battle was strong here in the U.S. with 30 million ps1s and 22 million N64s. Snake also reps ALL the mature M rated and millitary games on nintendo consoles and nintendo and konami's relationship (it's not as bad as people make it out to be konami still puts games on the 3ds, and both them and capcom don't really put games on wii u because of fear of no finncial gain, as both are hurting right now.) his game on the nes sold really well, with over 1 million sold in the us alone and an exclusive sequel. It was cause of the nes games metal gear is where it is today.

Crash Bandicoot was the rep in the PS1 days he was the one who competed with Mario and Sonic. Metal Gear Solid was just one of those games that sold millions like FF, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider the list goes on.

Yoshi also aided Naked Snake during the Cold War to.

If it wasn't for the NES Konami and Metal Gear wouldn't be who they are today!

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
(More on the front page of the site)
Yeah, it looks great. These alt costumes have made me definitely want to go back to Project M...whenever they release the next version.
Definitely hope it's sooner rather than later.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

Sorry to darken the mood, but that got a giggle out of me :|
I saw it, I thought it was funny too, so was this:

Crash Bandicoot was the rep in the PS1 days he was the one who competed with Mario and Sonic. Metal Gear Solid was just one of those games that sold millions like FF, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider the list goes on.
Yeha I know that, but I'm just saying he would be the closest thing to a ps1 vs.n64 type rep. I don't think he is a playstation character,I think he is a multiplat.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
We know Keifer is voicing a fighting game....

Kinda weird that MK hasn't announced it yet...even after he leaked it.

If I voiced a fighting game and didn't know anything about fighting games my first thought would be Mortal Kombat too. It may be one of the most recognizable names in fighting games, overall (by people that don't play games, bc of the controversy).

This kind of thing happens. The PSASBR guy thought he was in Smash..

Like I've been saying, with the release of MGS5 it just makes sense to have Big Boss be the "Snake" in this game. Plus, then he can have his own new comer trailer.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Guys there was some roster leak image out there, no snake on it. Lots of people are believing it, but don't worry, it is probably fake, as many people in the shulk and ridley threads have pointed out problems with it by finding photos on google images that some of the character icons used. So don't get worried over it. I would link pictures of it but I don't have time to.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
I think it is fake, But even if it is real it looks like a incomplete roster. Shulk siting with the 3d party and clones being by himself.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
yes :]

But this leak is...stupid. Duck Hunt Dog? Dr Mario? DARK PIT? No.
I don't know man
Duck Hunt Dog Representing 8 bit era. Dr. Mario already programed into the game! Dark Pit one of Sakurai's creations. Looks Believable...... until I saw Gannon and Mr. G&W!

Liquid, Got to ask but why do you support Sylux? He's practically i'll revelent out of the Prime Series?

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
Seriously duck hunt dog I would gladly take snake over him nobody even likes that dog this leak has got to be fake.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think it is fake, But even if it is real it looks like a incomplete roster. Shulk siting with the 3d party and clones being by himself.
It looks all legit I mean The Doc, Dark Pit, Shulk, and Duck Hunt Dog look surprisingly close to the others...
And then there's Ganondorf who looks god-awful.
P.S. I don't actually think its legit just the character pics look pretty close to the actual games.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
That 4Chan leak also mentions that Snake would be DLC along with Chorus Kids, Ice climbers, Wolf, and Lucas.
I'm not buying that list though.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
That 4Chan leak also mentions that Snake would be DLC along with Chorus Kids, Ice climbers, Wolf, and Lucas.
I'm not buying that list though.

We know Keifer is voicing a fighting game....

Kinda weird that MK hasn't announced it yet...even after he leaked it.

If I voiced a fighting game and didn't know anything about fighting games my first thought would be Mortal Kombat too. It may be one of the most recognizable names in fighting games, overall (by people that don't play games, bc of the controversy).

This kind of thing happens. The PSASBR guy thought he was in Smash..

Like I've been saying, with the release of MGS5 it just makes sense to have Big Boss be the "Snake" in this game. Plus, then he can have his own new comer trailer.
I would like to think this could happen. Since as you said people have not realized what they're doing voice work for in the past.

Last edited:

Lord_Arceus

Smash Rookie
But I don't want Keifer Sutherland voicing Solid Snake!
Assuring that Snake is even going to be in the game...

I want him to come back as much as you guys do, but that leak is really bringing my hopes down. While it does have some minor inconsistencies, it kind of does look real. Either it's a really well done fake leak or it's real.

Let's just look at the remaining veterans who haven't been announced yet:
I say that Falco, Wario, Ness, Ganondorf, Mr. G & W, and Jigglypuff are coming back for sure. That leaves us with Snake, Ivysaur, Squirtle, R.O.B., Ice Climbers, Lucas, Wolf, and Mewtwo.

Squirtle and Ivysaur are gone for sure imo, R.O.B. has a decent chance of coming back since he's one of those weird retro characters that Sakurai just seems to love and that he is a crucial part of Nintendo's history, Ice Climbers I have mixed feelings about as they could be cut due to 3DS limitations, Lucas might as well be cut as his move-set could easily become part of Ness's customizable move-set, while Wolf is not a straight-out Fox clone he does have similar weapons and gadgets and I could see him getting cut, and Mewtwo I feel honestly has a good chance of returning as the hype for him has been immense and that he can use his Mewtwo-Y Mega Evolution as his Final Smash.

That leaves us with Snake, who I feel has less of a chance of returning than Lucas. While he does have a very unique move-set, he is third-party and I could see Sakurai cutting him this time around. The fact that he just hasn't been announced is a bit disheartening. I definitely don't see Sakurai putting Snake as a secret character, since third-party characters are a huge selling point and should always be shown off before-hand. Putting Snake in as a secret character would be really odd.

Nevertheless, I sure do hope he comes back. DLC is always an option. We'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I wouldn't take this leak too seriously guys, there's loads of problems with the images. Wario is missing a pupil, Ganondorf and Game and Watch look like crap, it's inconsistent with the E3 build, Shulk's render may be an edit of a Little Mac picture. It's fake, and I have no doubt that we'll know that for a fact within the next couple weeks.

That said, the 4chan post that featured these images said that Snake will be one of 5 dlc characters along with Lucas, Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Chorus Kids. So if this leak is real, Snake is in guys!

But it's fake.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake

(More on the front page of the site)
Yeah, it looks great. These alt costumes have made me definitely want to go back to Project M...whenever they release the next version.
That is pretty awesome, its what ive wanted for a very long time. His render is pretty cool too, although im not a huge fan of project m, but they do some good work.

---
Also on the leak, its still up in the air, but the feeling of disappointment i get from it feels about the same as when brawls roster first leaked, so i dont know there might be something too it.

But on the very bright side, if it is real, and he wasnt lying about DLC we might have snake back after all. And that would redeem everything wrong in my eyes at least.

Also heres the trailer for the now canceled fan made remake of the original metal gear. They even got hayter for it, a shame konami squashed it (especially after they had been ok with it).

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Also heres the trailer for the now canceled fan made remake of the original metal gear. They even got hayter for it, a shame konami squashed it (especially after they had been ok with it).

Damn, it's a shame that got canned. I didn't really like Hayter's Big Boss voice much in Peace Walker but I think it sounded appropriate there. I really hope that they use him if Snake returns to Smash. Also that reminds me, it would be cool to get some more music from the MSX2 games like Red Alert in Smash - both classic and new arrangements.

As for the leak, it is probably nonsense but I am not really expecting him to be in the game at this point so I'd probably be glad to get him as post-launch DLC, so long as there aren't obvious shenanigans about it (like him being finished but removed from the game for the sole purpose of selling him to us after we've bought the game).

Top Bottom