• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Zelo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kiseop
3DS FC
3394-3786-6748
You know we're desperate for an answer when we're picking at things like the way someone speaks. :ohwell:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
You know we're desperate for an answer when we're picking at things like the way someone speaks. :ohwell:
We are desperate for an answer or a tease of some kind, btw was this guy working on Smash Bros or an Nintendo Employee.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So it's about 10:30 over in Japan at this point I recommend if you are gonna tweet to him now is the time to do it.

@Kojima_Hideo_En @Kojima_Hideo @Sora_Sakurai #Snake4Smash4

Copy and paste second line and add what ever you want to it then tweet it.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
As @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy said, I would definitely Tweet at both Sakurai and Kojima in this case. It will get both of them to at least see the tweet.

Also, if anybody has any connections with other sites supporting Snake or anything, please let me know. We need as much support as we can for this.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
As @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy said, I would definitely Tweet at both Sakurai and Kojima in this case. It will get both of them to at least see the tweet.

Also, if anybody has any connections with other sites supporting Snake or anything, please let me know. We need as much support as we can for this.
I just got a MGSForums, which I believe that if we play our cards right, will be our biggest supporters. I'll give them the link to your thread once it is ready. When will your thread be ready?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I just got a MGSForums, which I believe that if we play our cards right, will be our biggest supporters. I'll give them the link to your thread once it is ready. When will your thread be ready?
That's the hard part. The thread itself is ready, but the DLC group itself isn't done yet. We're working diligently (I know I keep saying that, but I promise you we are), so the goal is to be done tomorrow or Sunday. I would have liked it to be done today but whatever.

If you want to, let them know that the guy running the DLC group (ME) is a moderator, and that they can contact me here if they need to.

Last edited:

Toller

Smash Rookie
Hey dudes! Thanks a lot for keeping this twitter campaign alive. I've been super busy lately, but HELL YES SNAKE SUPPORTERS!

I'm new to this place, so holy **** is it nice to finally see a group of people that as dedicated and optimistic about him. He's litterally the only thing I care about at this point, so his unknown status is driving me crazy.

Anyway, I've read over the previous posts quickly, but I'm a little confused. So we're planning on doing this at the same time? And what is this DLC group thing? We've gotta make sure it's as organized as possible, so I'm not sure what the deal is with it quite yet. I see that a few other people have used the hastag, but still not nearly enough.

Oh and I have a GAF account. I saw that mentioned, so I can use that to help anyway I can. I post over there fairly regularly now, and it's how I was lead to that post from the Konami employee.

Anyway, keep me posted! We can get some more context on this. I feel like he's in the game honestly, but dammit let's get some more info because these Snake circles suck!

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Hey dudes! Thanks a lot for keeping this twitter campaign alive. I've been super busy lately, but HELL YES SNAKE SUPPORTERS!

I'm new to this place, so holy **** is it nice to finally see a group of people that as dedicated and optimistic about him. He's litterally the only thing I care about at this point, so his unknown status is driving me crazy.

Anyway, I've read over the previous posts quickly, but I'm a little confused. So we're planning on doing this at the same time? And what is this DLC group thing? We've gotta make sure it's as organized as possible, so I'm not sure what the deal is with it quite yet. I see that a few other people have used the hastag, but still not nearly enough.

Oh and I have a GAF account. I saw that mentioned, so I can use that to help anyway I can. I post over there fairly regularly now, and it's how I was lead to that post from the Konami employee.

Anyway, keep me posted! We can get some more context on this. I feel like he's in the game honestly, but dammit let's get some more info because these Snake circles suck!
Basically, a few other users and I are getting a Social Group together to work on hyping up DLC and getting our message for particular characters across. Snake is a big priority to the group, and I have created a thread in the group for him. I have listed the hashtag we're using and what have you.

The group will hopefully be open very soon. We just have to finish up a couple other threads. Mewtwo and Lucas are the other vets in there, and there are a few newcomer ideas as well. However, it's not finished yet. So we're working hard to get it done, and get started.

Any additional support from other sites would be fantastic, and I think it would be a great idea to develop a connection between the sites.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
So you joined MGSForums?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Snake has two chances.

1. A Direct in August.
2. DLC Characters

I'm doubtful of his return but I want it.

Last edited:

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
I am not sold on the fact that Snake will be in as DLC.

More so think he will make the initial roster. :)

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Has it been confirmed there is going to be another smash direct in August or is that just speculation?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Has it been confirmed there is going to be another smash direct in August or is that just speculation?
There's gonna be a Direct in August. Regardless if it's a Smash Direct it'll have Smash news... unless it's solely about a different game.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I'd be super happy if Snake showed up in the August direct over a newcomer. (Unless the newcomer is Isaac :p)
Honestly I'm half tempted to think that it'll be a trailer that reveals both Snake and another newcomer, since there's hardly ever CG trailers to introduce a veteran. Sonic had a trailer, but that wasn't CG. I almost want it to be like a codec call like when he was originally revealed, then go into gameplay, then fade to black, before...
*Beep beep*
Snake: By the way, who's that?
Otacon: Oh, that's... Oh my...
Cue CG trailer for newcomer.
That would be pretty cool, but it's just wishful thinking. It might just not happen unfortunately :(

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Honestly I'm half tempted to think that it'll be a trailer that reveals both Snake and another newcomer, since there's hardly ever CG trailers to introduce a veteran. Sonic had a trailer, but that wasn't CG. I almost want it to be like a codec call like when he was originally revealed, then go into gameplay, then fade to black, before...
*Beep beep*
Snake: By the way, who's that?
Otacon: Oh, that's... Oh my...
Cue CG trailer for newcomer.
That would be pretty cool, but it's just wishful thinking. It might just not happen unfortunately :(
That would be pretty bad ass.

Toller

Smash Rookie
Basically, a few other users and I are getting a Social Group together to work on hyping up DLC and getting our message for particular characters across. Snake is a big priority to the group, and I have created a thread in the group for him. I have listed the hashtag we're using and what have you.

The group will hopefully be open very soon. We just have to finish up a couple other threads. Mewtwo and Lucas are the other vets in there, and there are a few newcomer ideas as well. However, it's not finished yet. So we're working hard to get it done, and get started.

Any additional support from other sites would be fantastic, and I think it would be a great idea to develop a connection between the sites.
Gotchca. Thanks for summing it up, all that sounds great!

But to be honest, I haven't even considered a campaign for DLC. I think Snake is in the game (crossing my fingers for the August direct). However, I also understand Snake might not be in the game. The campaign was meant to just try to get response from Kojima after seeing that so many people are questioning him. Whatever the response might be, just something to get us through these rough times of not knowing.

I also think by doing this, it will obviously help push the message that we want him as DLC if he's not in the game.

I totally think mentioning DLC is a great idea, especially if we somehow learn that he's not in the game, but for now I'm not sure if you'll agree, I think it's a bit too early to make a campaign focusing on DLC when he very well could be in the initial roster! I honestly think his chances are still very much 50/50.

But yeah,
I am not sold on the fact that Snake will be in as DLC.

More so think he will make the initial roster. :)
Exactly!

So I dunno, whatever we do, we need to do our best to get it as organized as possible and strike as quickly as possible. Obviously your group involving DLC/missing characters is a great place to meet up, so please keep us posted on that and thanks for your hard work. I'm just not sure if our focus when we do it should be "Make Snake DLC!" rather than just asking about his inclusion.

Last edited:

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
The hesitation in his voice is what really gives me hope.

Remember when this debate first started there was a direct quote from the creator of the Metal Gear games where he said directly to Sakurai (roughly) "i don't know if you'll see this, but if you do, Please use Snake in Super Smash Bros."
Sakurai LOVES to keep his fans in suspense just as much as he loves giving us exactly what we want. With all the surprises he's already given us, there HAS to be something that he's holding back to shock us again.

I believe that thing is Solid Snake.

This game will be awesome whether he's in or not, but Snake adds something special and different to the roster that will feel like an empty hole if he's gone.

HOPE IS ALIVE!
hesitation in his voice might be reasonable since he might have to break many fans' hearts if Snake isn't in. It's not his place to disconfirm or confirm anyone at the point, so I fear that he might be hesitated to say no because fans would reacts.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The fact that Kojima was laughing throughout the whole question gives me some degree of hope, (at the very least, it meant that he was probably anticipating the question) but I tweeted him (and Sakurai) anyways. I doubt it will amount to a whole lot, since I'd think someone else would be handling any English tweets if they even do that sort of thing, but might as well show my support.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I'd find it strange if Snake didn't get revealed before release, or if he was left for DLC (I still have hope he is in the game in some way haha), you'd imagine he'd at least get a Sonic-treatment, as in a small gameplay clip in a Direct or whatever and a separate announcement. It's would be a bit unfair for him to NOT get anything of the likes if he's in the game. I guess there's still time for him to pop up (August Direct?), at least now as the game comes later than first planned, but I'm just thinking if they had stuck with the original plan of releasing the 3DS version this summer, when would they have announced Snake...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
As far as Snake's reveal goes, while a lot of people were banking on E3, he's a veteran - if he's going to be revealed, it would probably be in the middle of a Direct like Sonic was. Nintendo's got a lot of big releases in the fall (Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta, and Smash Bros. 3DS were the first that came to mind, though there may be more), so maybe they'll have a general Nintendo Direct in August to promote those? (where, fingers crossed, Snake will be revealed?)

Last edited:

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Thought he would be announced at e3 also but NO vets were. O_o
Would've liked him to get announced to put my mind at ease but the fact that no vets were announced at all is still a relatively good sign for our soldier.

Think he may be announced closer to SBU/3DS and MGS5 release.
Makes sense to get that extra promotion more when it means something for both series.

Could also see Snake getting a reveal trailer day of release, keeping us waiting and what not.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Think he may be announced closer to SBU/3DS and MGS5 release.
Makes sense to get that extra promotion more when it means something for both series.
An august direct is the best bet, MGS5 isnt coming out until sometime next year so there would be no promotion for that anyway.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Why is everyone talking about Snake as possible DLC in this game, as if DLC I happening for sure? Trust me, I am not opposed to the idea, but I do think it's highly unlikely.

If it does happen, I think it'll happen after the Wii U version releases to get anyone who hopped off the hype train to hop right back on!

D

Deleted member

If Snake is confirmed and he doesn't say "Kept you waiting, huh?" in his trailer, they need to start over.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I think the real question would be would he be voiced by David Hayter or Keith Sutherland?
I love Keith Sutherland and he did a pretty good job at Big Boss in Phantom Pain but I don't think he could ever truly replace David Hayter as Snake (at least Solid Snake). Particularly with an iconic line like that.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I think the real question would be would he be voiced by David Hayter or Keith Sutherland?
I love Keith Sutherland and he did a pretty good job at Big Boss in Phantom Pain but I don't think he could ever truly replace David Hayter as Snake (at least Solid Snake). Particularly with an iconic line like that.
I think Hayter will voice Snake in Smash 4. I kinda like how Sutherland voices Venom Snake instead of Hayter.

Top Bottom