• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
When are we doing this? I work on Eastern time

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
Any ideas as to what I should say specifically?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I would if I had a twitter. So do we only post once, or multiple times?
If you want, there's nothing stopping you from tweeting multiple times. Just don't be excessive about it.

Different tweets, but keep the same hashtag. (#BringSnakeBackSSB4 right?)

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
If you want, there's nothing stopping you from tweeting multiple times. Just don't be excessive about it.

Different tweets, but keep the same hashtag. (#BringSnakeBackSSB4 right?)
The hashtag is #Snake4Smash4 (correct me if I'm wrong.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Could have sworn it wasn't. O_o

Well either way, the important thing is that we get the message across. I'll start doing it eventually.

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
Alright guys, I made a Twitter account. Very new to this; so what do I do? Go to Kojima's English page or something?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I honestly doubt tweeting anyone's gonna get him in the game if he isn't already.
It's more about getting an answer at this point.

If he really isn't in, I want to know. Now.

To me, this is the one character that's hard to wait for, ironically. He was my favorite Brawl (and in general, Smash) character behind Wario.

Last edited:

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
So how do you use Twitter -.- When I try typing it always screws up by automatically putting a space next to the Hashtag. It also wants to delete some characters when I try to type.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Just type in the "compose new tweet" box. It's pretty straightforward.

Don't know what you mean about the automatic space and deleting characters though, that's really strange. It doesn't happen to me.

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
Just type in the "compose new tweet" box. It's pretty straightforward.

Don't know what you mean about the automatic space and deleting characters though, that's really strange. It doesn't happen to me.
Probably Chrome. It works on IE.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Seems strange to lock a 3rd party character behind DLC.

But then again, Playstation All Stars did it.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Seems strange to lock a 3rd party character behind DLC.

But then again, Playstation All Stars did it.
In this case i highly doubt they would be on disc in this game. Im still fully in the belief that we will get full dlc next year, along with a rebranded physical update like super street fighter 4 and the like, they did let it slip they were hiring for smash bros 6, and we already know sakurai sees these games as 4 and 5. It makes too much sense at this point

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this is already the plan, but we should all wait until a certain time to tweet at him, so he gets a ton of smash tweets at once, instead of over the course of a few days. If it isn't, we should schedule a time to tweet, and spread the message to other websites and forums, and tell when to tweet at that time with the hashtag.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I don't know if this is already the plan, but we should all wait until a certain time to tweet at him, so he gets a ton of smash tweets at once, instead of over the course of a few days. If it isn't, we should schedule a time to tweet, and spread the message to other websites and forums, and tell when to tweet at that time with the hashtag.
Yes. We should try and desive "attack plans" of sort to tweet Kojima, syncing our time zone so Kojima recieves a large wave of tweet all at once. Otherwise we'll be too inconsistent to to make an impact. It's also important that we plan the tweets when it's daylight hours where Kojima is. @ billys_dad billys_dad makes a good point of contacting other threads, but in order to to be more consistent with tweeting, we should lead them back to @ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones ' thread whenever that is ready. For now, we should link them back to here, but I'd rather wait until his thread is up. Should we link people to this thread or wait till Scoliosis Jones finishes his thread?

I'll get myself a twitter account and spread the word on other threads, such as serebii and Pokecharms. we should also post word on other thread such as GameFAQ's, but our main target should be the MGSForums, as that is were I feel we'll get the bulk of our support.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I would wait till Scoliosis Jones finishes his thread, since that will be more organized than what we have now.
Like I thought. If we want towe have scheduled mass tweets, @ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones should include the times of when we'll be tweeting with his time zone and what time it will be when we tweet to Kojima, as well as a time zone converter link for people to convert time zones for what time it will be when they tweet.

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
Did some time zone checks. If it is 9 P.M. EST time, it is 10 A.M. JST. For people on the West Coast (PST), the time for you would be 6 P.M.

I think these times could work out. 6 P.M. PST is an excellent time of the day, 9 P.M. EST isn't too late, and 10 A.M. JST is not too early in the morning (Kojima is probably just starting his work day).

The biggest problem with this though is that it does not take into account people that are not from North America.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Did some time zone checks. If it is 9 P.M. EST time, it is 10 A.M. JST. For people on the West Coast (PST), the time for you would be 6 P.M.

I think these times could work out. 6 P.M. PST is an excellent time of the day, 9 P.M. EST isn't too late, and 10 A.M. JST is not too early in the morning (Kojima is probably just starting his work day).

The biggest problem with this though is that it does not take into account people that are not from North America.
Thanks for the conversions, Zyfoe. That's not too bad for me, as that's only 18:00 for me. We should get the conversions to Scoliosis Jones, so he can include that in his OP.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Hopefully the group should be open tomorrow sometime. We got a lot of work done on it today. When it's done I'll invite you guys in, and we can convert the time zones and what not.

However, right now I'm tired as balls. Goodnight everybody!

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Search "Gamespot Super Smash Bros e3" on youtube and watch the first video that pops up. It is an interview by Gamespot with someone who is working with or on Super Smash Bros.

At 6:53ish, the person interviewing him asks if Solid Snake will be back, and his reply gives me hope.

It's not proof of Snake's return, HOWEVER, he didn't say no... he said "...uh... we have not announced Solid Snake."

:snake: HOPE IS ALIVE! :snake:

FOOL! You've lead them right to us!
It was weird that he posted this because just by chance I had JUST created a profile on Smash Boards before he suggested it. Don't worry, I'm here to talk about Super Smash Bros... not Bigley & Shrek... But you're right. Miiverse is a place where the most aggravating people in the world go to poop out nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
Search "Gamespot Super Smash Bros e3" on youtube and watch the first video that pops up. It is an interview by Gamespot with someone who is working with or on Super Smash Bros.

At 6:53ish, the person interviewing him asks if Solid Snake will be back, and his reply gives me hope.

It's not proof of Snake's return, HOWEVER, he didn't say no... he said "...uh... we have not announced Solid Snake."

:snake: HOPE IS ALIVE! :snake:
Yeah this gives me a tad bit of jope. You think someone would have already said no if he wasnt in. Hmm....

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Yeah this gives me a tad bit of jope. You think someone would have already said no if he wasnt in. Hmm....
Back in the day when I was trying to get my hands on a Wii (when they were a hot commodity) I called Meijer to find out if they had any.
The girl on the phone replied "Let me check." She put me on hold and was back in a few minutes. "I'm sorry, that is a hot item so we are not allowed to tell you if we have them or not."

This was the 4th Meijer I had called, and so I was a little frustrated and said, "Ugh that's the same answer I keep getting at every Meijer I call."
She replied "Well... just between you and me... if we didn't have any... I'd tell you that we didn't have any."

I'm hoping the creators of Smash Bros are using the same method with Snake. If he wasn't in the game, they'd tell us. :)

Last edited:

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Consider the scenario that Snake was not in the game. If the interviewee answered honestly that he was not, then he could leave himself exposed. What if a follow-up question was about an unconfirmed character who was in the game? It would be then entirely suspect if he answered no to one character but not to another. So I wouldn't read anything particularly positive in that response.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Consider the scenario that Snake was not in the game. If the interviewee answered honestly that he was not, then he could leave himself exposed. What if a follow-up question was about an unconfirmed character who was in the game? It would be then entirely suspect if he answered no to one character but not to another. So I wouldn't read anything particularly positive in that response.
The hesitation in his voice is what really gives me hope.

Remember when this debate first started there was a direct quote from the creator of the Metal Gear games where he said directly to Sakurai (roughly) "i don't know if you'll see this, but if you do, Please use Snake in Super Smash Bros."
Sakurai LOVES to keep his fans in suspense just as much as he loves giving us exactly what we want. With all the surprises he's already given us, there HAS to be something that he's holding back to shock us again.

I believe that thing is Solid Snake.

This game will be awesome whether he's in or not, but Snake adds something special and different to the roster that will feel like an empty hole if he's gone.

HOPE IS ALIVE!

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
The hesitation in his voice is what really gives me hope.
I could see that and i hope thats the case, but i dont think we can really get that much out of it. He could have hesitated because he didnt know whether or not he should even say what he did.

---
Anyway isnt it twitter time?

Top Bottom