• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

D

Deleted member

I think I found it:

Flip this horizontally. Boom. Just Google Image'd Snake to find it. I could be wrong, but I think this is the same art.

PROTIP TO FAKE LEAKERS; If you can find the art you are using on Google, don't use it for a fake leak.

Last edited by a moderator:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
PROTIP TO FAKE LEAKERS; If you can find the art you are using on Google, don't use it for a fake leak.
Yeah its dead on the snake eater 3d official artwork, they didnt even try. And lol the fox logo is the one made by the guy who has that emblem thread on smashboards, i even corrected him since the symbol is wrong haha.

D

Deleted member

Yeah its dead on the snake eater 3d official artwork, they didnt even try. And lol the fox logo is the one made by the guy who has that emblem thread on smashboards, i even corrected him since the symbol is wrong haha.
I think the leaker deserves a silver star.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toller

Smash Rookie
Gonna repost this on this page after that small blowup, we need every tweet we can get!

Well right now it's not picking up the steam it needs. I've been doing the best I can to get the word out today, but just not enough people are tweeting. Or at least tweeting using the hashtag. Snake doesn't have quite as much support as certain Smashers, but I believe there are still far more people that care about him enough to do this.

So please guys, help out yourselves and get the word out as much as possible! This is definitely a chance to communicate with Kojima about this, no matter what our answer might be, but we've got to capitalize on it!

Tweet #Snake4Smash4 to @kojima_hideo and @Hideo_kojima_en asking politely about Snake's return!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Gonna repost this on this page after that small blowup, we need every tweet we can get!

Well right now it's not picking up the steam it needs. I've been doing the best I can to get the word out today, but just not enough people are tweeting. Or at least tweeting using the hashtag. Snake doesn't have quite as much support as certain Smashers, but I believe there are still far more people that care about him enough to do this.

So please guys, help out yourselves and get the word out as much as possible! This is definitely a chance to communicate with Kojima about this, no matter what our answer might be, but we've got to capitalize on it!

Tweet #Snake4Smash4 to @kojima_hideo and @Hideo_kojima_en asking politely about Snake's return!
I'm on it.
But yeah we need somebody too post this in the big threads like the official character discussion thread and the E3 speculation thread.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Le sigh. That fake pic made me happy before I thought about it 2 seconds later.

The Kojima pic is pretty cool regardless.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I'm on it.
But yeah we need somebody too post this in the big threads like the official character discussion thread and the E3 speculation thread.
I agree. The big problem is that we need a large volume of people to tweet about this. Our first action is to spead this around Smashboards as best we can. We will also need a support thread to link the people who are interested in supporting Snake. The thread should contain what and why we're doing this and the hashtag #Snake4Smash4. It should also include and optimal time to tweet to Kojima due to the difference in time zones. Something I'd recommend for people who don't have a twitter account (like myself and @ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss ) is a basic guide on how to use twitter or a way to set up an account and tweet Kojima ASAP. So for the thread, we need someone to run. Who should that be?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I agree. The big problem is that we need a large volume of people to tweet about this. Our first action is to spead this around Smashboards as best we can. We will also need a support thread to link the people who are interested in supporting Snake. The thread should contain what and why we're doing this and the hashtag #Snake4Smash4. It should also include and optimal time to tweet to Kojima due to the difference in time zones. Something I'd recommend for people who don't have a twitter account (like myself and @ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss ) is a basic guide on how to use twitter or a way to set up an account and tweet Kojima ASAP. So for the thread, we need someone to run. Who should that be?
I believe @ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones was going to do one a while back.
That'd be the user i'd choose but we can't just recruit people now can we?

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I believe @ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones was going to do one a while back.
That'd be the user i'd choose but we can't just recruit people now can we?
@ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones was going to start up a thread to bring back Snake should he be cut. I'm talking about a thread to act as a gathering place and HQ for people who are trying to rally Kojima's attention before it is too late.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Guys give me a little longer. I'm working on it as we speak.

Hopefully if I can manage to get this rolling, we should get the group in the next few days!

@ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones was going to start up a thread to bring back Snake should he be cut. I'm talking about a thread to act as a gathering place and HQ for people who are trying to rally Kojima's attention before it is too late.
What I'm working on includes that. I'm working with a few other notable members at the moment on getting a Social Group for General DLC. Snake is going to be a major ( I mean MAJOR) part of that.

Glad to see you guys are already pumped for this. It gives me a little hope. Once this stuff is all set and open, I'll post a link or whatever I have to do.

EDIT: Okay guys, here's the deal.

Based on the fact that that Neogaf guy wants to start that, I'm going to aim to get the group created sometime tomorrow. Once we get situated, we can contact that guy (if anybody has an account there) and we can cooperate and maybe get something!

If not, we just keep pressing!

Last edited:

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
If snake is back he would be more cartoony and I'm not sure that's a good thing. I'd rather just remember him for his project M appearance and leave it there.
I know this post ^ is old, but it made me want to clear something up that I've wanted to clear up for the longest.

There's a huge difference between more vibrant (which is what Smash 4 is) and more "cartoony" (which is what it isn't). The new, more colorful artstyle for Smash 4 is not going to suddenly turn Snake into Marco from Metal Slug. If he's in he won't look any more or less "cartoony" than he does in Brawl.

In fact, some characters, like Sheik, don't even look any more vibrant than they did in Brawl. Sheik's color scheme is almost just as muted as it was before.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I've tweeted to Kojima before not to long ago, I know how to use twitter pretty good.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
What all you guys are talking about is the exact reason he should be in the game.

Give MGS fans a reason to jump into Nintendo universe.
Give Nintendo fans a reason to jump into the MGS universe.

With BOTH SSB3DS/WIIU and MGSV coming out in quick session of one another, feel like it would be a huge mis opportunity to omit Snake.
That'd make sense if they weren't competing(so far as I know, MGS V is not coming to Wii U, and Sony's in no hurry to bolster Wii U's flagging performance). Before, yes, you had the excuse of Twin Snakes, MGS3D, and the Kojima-Sakurai connection. Nowadays... Not quite so much. Kojima and Sakurai may still be friends, but there's little push or interest in either party to promote the other now. Nevermind that math and circumstance itself starts to conspire against him(Sakurai making a big deal out of Maro + Sonic + Pac Man + Mega Man, strongly implying that they're all that exists of third parties). It'd strike me as highly unusual indeed for Nintendo to make a game where there exists a circumstance where no Nintendo characters are on the screen during gameplay during a full multiplayer session.

Plus, there is the(apparently hated) 47 + Random roster idea, which closes Snake's window of opportunity unless someone else were to be cut(which is fantastically unlikely). Only ones I can see getting the axe for Snake is Wolf, Falco, OR one of the lesser-known Brawl vets such as R.O.B. or Ice Climbers, and even then I can put an argument why they'd be sticking around..

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I finished my write up on Snake a few minutes ago.

Hopefully the group can be made later today. That can work as our HQ for Downloadable characters in general (Snake included). The other veterans will be Lucas and Mewtwo should they not end up on the roster.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
That'd make sense if they weren't competing(so far as I know, MGS V is not coming to Wii U, and Sony's in no hurry to bolster Wii U's flagging performance). Before, yes, you had the excuse of Twin Snakes, MGS3D, and the Kojima-Sakurai connection. Nowadays... Not quite so much. Kojima and Sakurai may still be friends, but there's little push or interest in either party to promote the other now. Nevermind that math and circumstance itself starts to conspire against him(Sakurai making a big deal out of Maro + Sonic + Pac Man + Mega Man, strongly implying that they're all that exists of third parties). It'd strike me as highly unusual indeed for Nintendo to make a game where there exists a circumstance where no Nintendo characters are on the screen during gameplay during a full multiplayer session.

Plus, there is the(apparently hated) 47 + Random roster idea, which closes Snake's window of opportunity unless someone else were to be cut(which is fantastically unlikely). Only ones I can see getting the axe for Snake is Wolf, Falco, OR one of the lesser-known Brawl vets such as R.O.B. or Ice Climbers, and even then I can put an argument why they'd be sticking around..
Friendship doesn't compete.
Kojima wanted Snake back in Melee before Twin Snakes even existed.
It was said it was because of time constraints that he didn't join the melee; NOT because there was a lack of Metal Gear Games on the system.

There is huge interest to promote, as indicated if you read posts above mine, just having Snake in the game made Smash fans aware of the Metal Gear series and jump into it. Same thing with Nintendo: Having Snake in the game makes more people interested in picking up the system. I was on the fence about buying a Wii, but once Snake was announced... I easily caved. Why do you think ANY party would be interested in not selling more of their products?

Also, Sony does not own Konami or Metal Gear.

In regards to Pac-Man being the last announced...

Look at what Luigi pointed out:

"Pic of the day. The trio as joint co-stars. Who is the strongest of them all?!"
Seems to indicate Sonic was the last...oh wait! O_o

Sega and Capcom said the same exact thing Kojima did when asked about the inclusion of the characters.
Basically big "we don't knows"

There is no solid evidence against Snakes inclusion, and no solid evidence for him at this point. The same goes for characters like: Chrom, Wolf, Falco, Ganondorf, ROB, Lucas (or maybe Ness). It's a waiting game, and Snake is all about "keeping us waiting"

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Hi! New here. I don't have a twitter (nor do I plan to get one) but I do have a tumblr. I actually I don't have any followers (I have like four...) but I do know of a blog that is rather popular that's basically just SSB4 speculation and it has a good following. It's not official by any capacity but the person who runs it does know what s/he's talking about. Unfortunately the person/ people who do run it don't really believe in Snake coming back. However I do want to at least make an appeal to them about spreading your hashtag, it might help boost the popularity of your plans. I just want to ask you guys before I did so, it is kind of your game... I mean I'm just a Zelda main that happens to be obsessed with Metal Gear.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Hi! New here. I don't have a twitter (nor do I plan to get one) but I do have a tumblr. I actually I don't have any followers (I have like four...) but I do know of a blog that is rather popular that's basically just SSB4 speculation and it has a good following. It's not official by any capacity but the person who runs it does know what s/he's talking about. Unfortunately the person/ people who do run it don't really believe in Snake coming back. However I do want to at least make an appeal to them about spreading your hashtag, it might help boost the popularity of your plans. I just want to ask you guys before I did so, it is kind of your game... I mean I'm just a Zelda main that happens to be obsessed with Metal Gear.
Can you give me a link to the Blog Please?

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I can't post direct links yet (I have to have ten posts, stupid as it is, I only have three) but here's the best I can do. Sorry!

ssb4dojo.com

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I finished my write up on Snake a few minutes ago.

Hopefully the group can be made later today. That can work as our HQ for Downloadable characters in general (Snake included). The other veterans will be Lucas and Mewtwo should they not end up on the roster.
Could you give us a link?

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
I made a junk email account to make a junk twitter account to ask Kojima if Snake is coming back.

plz respond kojima i ned snaek.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
we all need snack

and i need snack eater in smash

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
I really want snake in so badly, because if the next smash doesn't have the same awesome characters as smash 4 I'm gonna continue playing smash 4 and I hope snake is playable

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
Hey guys, I've been kinda lost lately. Someone give me the news! Are we going to bombard Kojima on Twitter?

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Hey guys, I've been kinda lost lately. Someone give me the news! Are we going to bombard Kojima on Twitter?
You're back!

That's the plan. We get a large amount of supporters to bombard Kojima on Twitter with the hashtag #Snake4Smash4. We'll also try to rally more supporters from other threads on Smashboards.

Last edited:

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
Should I start now? Or are we going to all do it at once?

D

Deleted member

Suddenly Snake becomes the next Sonic; kicks out characters of low priority, and ends up delaying the game a few months. :troll:

D

Deleted member

I'd be okay with that, as long as they're **** like Jigglypuff, -insert Fox clone here-, and Lucas.
Actually, Mewtwo would be gone. Jiggles would be elevated to higher priority because seniority, just like in Brawl. History repeats itself. :troll:

Top Bottom