• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Yeah, thanks for merging the threads, except I wanted the opinion of the community as a whole and not just Snake fans. As well as the poll attached to the thread. :glare:

Last edited:

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
If Snake is left out of the game would it be okay if his moveset was given to another character? That way we could keep his unique moveset in the game instead of losing something original.

An Advanced War character could use the moveset easily. They would be different visually, but everything would function the same (grenade, homing missile, C4). I think a helicopter sprite from the games (to reference the Advanced War AT from Brawl) could swooping down to save the character in place of the Cypher would be a nice touch.
Honestly, I'd probably be a little bugged. Because then I'd think about Snake being cut... but I'm okay with just one or two moves being used, similar to Mewtwo's case.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Honestly, I'd probably be a little bugged. Because then I'd think about Snake being cut... but I'm okay with just one or two moves being used, similar to Mewtwo's case.
I agree I want it to be Snake or nothing because I couldn't stand the thought of someone else getting his moveset.
On that thought, who could even take over Snake's moveset?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Im in agreement with captain and nonspecificguy. Id rather not see another character get snakes moveset, it would not only be a disservice to snake, but to the new character who would not get their own new moveset but would get a hand me down with moves made while not having that character in mind. Its all or nothing, there is no in between, id rather snake not get his legacy destroyed by that.

----

As for smash run enemies, the dwarf gekko, and full sized ones could work well. Also the kidnapper drones from peace walker could too

Minus the gun of course, they could be very cool especially since they sing.

----
although i figured if we got naked snake that could replace his cypher in his up b (although there are cyphers in MGS5 so they could keep it in that case as well)

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So a common debate on this thread is who is better: Naked Snake or Solid Snake? I went to the MGS site to see what the fans thought who was better. This is what I found. The stats are pretty much even, with Solid barely edging out his father by not even 1%.

The reason I ask this is because I want to know what the majority of people would like in SSB4, Naked Snake or Solid Snake. Yes, either one can have an alt. cos of the other, but I'm talking about the default appearance, quotes, and most importantly the move set of the character.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I could see some of his projectiles given to Mii Gunner if he's not in, but I do hope he's in. His moveset was too original to not return in some form.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I really like what they did with Solid Snake in Brawl. They gave traits of both Solid and Naked. As in full beard and butterfly shaped C4. And the throws. And green bandanna.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
In regards to someone inheriting Snake's moveset, I don't think that would happen.

However, what I could see happening is someone become a sort of spiritual successor to Snake, using similar tactics of placing traps, using explosives, etc. If Snake is not an option, I would like something like that.

Just an example

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
In regards to someone inheriting Snake's moveset, I don't think that would happen.

However, what I could see happening is someone become a sort of spiritual successor to Snake, using similar tactics of placing traps, using explosives, etc. If Snake is not an option, I would like something like that.

Just an example
She looks awfully alot like Meryl.

Snek

Smash Rookie

Just an example
Who is this?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

Just an example
I don't think she could replace Snake

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Fun Facts about Snake you may or may not know
1. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes was Co-Developed by Shigeru Miyamoto
2. Snake and Sonic are the only characters in Smash to receive Bundles (Sonic with the Wii. Snake with the 3DS)
3. Hideo Kojima created the stage Shadow Moses Island in Brawl.

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
I was just reading about how Sakurai said the smash roster was finalized a few years ago, so that means it was finalized in 2012. In 2012, we knew almost nothing about MGSV (though Nintendo may have known it wouldn't come to Wii U), and development for Smash started right after Uprising. One month before Uprising was released, Snake Eater was released on the 3DS, and was released around the time Smash started development (Uprising had finished development by then). I think the fact that MGS had just released on Nintendo during the beginning of development, which is probably when they started working on the roster, and who would be returning, gives Snake a huge boost in his chances. Bit of a pointless post, but I thought I would throw this out there.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
That's awesome. But why does Punished/Venom Snake have a ponytail?
To keep the awesome restrained for the time being, and i shuddered at the thought of the buzzcut for him you were joking about lol
I was just reading about how Sakurai said the smash roster was finalized a few years ago, so that means it was finalized in 2012. In 2012, we knew almost nothing about MGSV (though Nintendo may have known it wouldn't come to Wii U), and development for Smash started right after Uprising. One month before Uprising was released, Snake Eater was released on the 3DS, and was released around the time Smash started development (Uprising had finished development by then). I think the fact that MGS had just released on Nintendo during the beginning of development, which is probably when they started working on the roster, and who would be returning, gives Snake a huge boost in his chances. Bit of a pointless post, but I thought I would throw this out there.
Indeed, and also the fact that sakurai did tweet an image from the mgs 25th anniversary event around the same time.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
To keep the awesome restrained for the time being, and i shuddered at the thought of the buzzcut for him you were joking about lol

Indeed, and also the fact that sakurai did tweet an image from the mgs 25th anniversary event around the same time.
I never knew how much I could mess with MGS fans by suggesting any of the Snake's with a buzz cut. I'm going to remember this for later.

On a realistic note, all the Snakes were in the military, so they all must have had buzz cuts at some point.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I just posted a poll on a Brawl group on facebook asking what people's favorite unanounced brawl newcomer was.
Guess What? Snake has the most votes with 11 while Meta Knight has 9.

Toller

Smash Rookie
A Konami employee on NeoGAF encouraged us to ask Kojima about Snake through Twitter! He said it would actually be likely to get a response if enough people asked.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=117057629

Do it. Seriously, best way to find out is to just spam his Twitter account. He actually reacts way more sensitively to anything he says there than just about any source.

Hashtag is #Snake4Smash4. Tweet @HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN and @Kojima_Hideo politely asking him about Snake returning.

If we can get this going, it could be our best chance on finding out more about Snake's inclusion as of now. So if you care about Snake in Smash, get this trending!

Make it happen guys! This is on NeoGAF and GameFAQS at the moment too. Every tweet with the hashtag counts. We could really get an answer if enough people help!

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
A Konami employee on NeoGAF encouraged us to ask Kojima about Snake through Twitter! He said it would actually be likely to get a response if enough people asked.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=117057629

Do it. Seriously, best way to find out is to just spam his Twitter account. He actually reacts way more sensitively to anything he says there than just about any source.

Hashtag is #Snake4Smash4. Tweet @HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN and @Kojima_Hideo politely asking him about Snake returning.

If we can get this going, it could be our best chance on finding out more about Snake's inclusion as of now. So if you care about Snake in Smash, get this trending!

Make it happen guys! This is on NeoGAF and GameFAQS at the moment too. Every tweet with the hashtag counts. We could really get an answer if enough people help!
Dang, we might actually have something here. I dont have a twitter, but im sure we can get metal gear fans from their respective boards to chip in though. Hopefully he doesnt just give us an "ask sakurai and nintendo" answer

Guess ill have to replace my old hashtag with this one

Last edited:

Toller

Smash Rookie
Dang, we might actually have something here. I dont have a twitter, but im sure we can get metal gear fans from their respective boards to chip in though. Hopefully he doesnt just give us an "ask sakurai and nintendo" answer

Guess ill have to replace my old hashtag with this one
For sure! We just need enough people to help out. I've already got it it here, character discussion page, and his Brawl discussion forum. Also on GameFAQS and NeoGAF. If you can get the word out anymore, please do!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm so sick of hearing the same Snake speculation all the time. It just goes in a big never ending circle of his chances (which I think are good). I'm fairly new to Smashboards, but I imagine you guys deal with something similar. Especially considering he's damn near the only thing I care about anymore after getting Little Mac, it drives me crazy.

So whatever the answer is, let's just get one out of him! We need something different to talk about, and we could get something that leads us down another road of speculation.

So yeah, let's do this ****!

Toller

Smash Rookie
Well right now it's not picking up the steam it needs. I've been doing the best I can to get the word out today, but just not enough people are tweeting. Or at least tweeting using the hashtag. Snake doesn't have quite as much support as certain Smashers, but I believe there are still far more people that care about him enough to do this.

So please guys, help out yourselves and get the word out as much as possible! This is definitely a chance to communicate with Kojima about this, no matter what our answer might be, but we've got to capitalize on it!

D

Deleted member

Have any of you seen this artwork of Snake?
If this is real, I'd be so pissed that he isn't next to Sonic.

It might just be me, but I find it fishy that Toon Link and Sheik are missing from this... Dedede, Luigi, Diddy, and even Palutena are here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It's his Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater art work. More specifically, it's Naked Snake/Big Boss.

EDIT: On closer inspection, it's actually different. I wouldn't put much stock in it though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom