• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

HeavySmashGuy

Smash Cadet
NNID
HeavyBrawlsGuy
3DS FC
1977-1276-9162
So what if he is out of place? He's always been out of place, even in Brawl - the serious, most human-looking character among bright, happy, cartoony characters. His appearance in Smash 4 wouldn't be much different from that. After seeing Wii Fit Trainer being added, I believe anything is possible for Smash 4.

*Edit* I just realized someone else here said almost my exact words lol.
I'm sticking to SSBM and SSBB, so I don't really care, but I'll throw my hat into the ring.

I like Snake for the reasons you listed, even if I don't main him at all. They added the Wi-Fi Tamer because they were running out of ideas. And Smash shouldn't have 3rd party in the first place anyway. It's NINTENDO ONLY, not Wii All-Stars Battle Royale.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I'm sticking to SSBM and SSBB, so I don't really care, but I'll throw my hat into the ring.

I like Snake for the reasons you listed, even if I don't main him at all. They added the Wi-Fi Tamer because they were running out of ideas. And Smash shouldn't have 3rd party in the first place anyway. It's NINTENDO ONLY, not Wii All-Stars Battle Royale.

How could you just stick to SSBM/SSBB

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
So Sonic's confirmed. Does that make Snake's return more likely?
I think so.

SonicMario

Smash Master
So Sonic's confirmed. Does that make Snake's return more likely?
I think so.
I believe so as well. It'd be a bit of a double standard if I didn't think so. Because think of what people would think if Snake was confirmed first before Sonic. There would be people saying Megaman replaced Sonic for some reason I bet. But otherwise I think most people would say Snake would improve Sonic's chances if they were in switched situations.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Snake not returning would be unfair, especially when Sonic is in this game.

Snake was the one who opened the door to 3rd parties and I doubt that Sonic would've been as requested if it wasn't for Snake's reveal for Brawl.

If he got in Brawl in the first place, why wouldn't he return for this game? I'm sure that, with the recent releases, Sakurai is trying to avoid as many cuts as possible. I could see a MGS3 stage on the 3DS version if he returns.

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724

Snake was the one who opened the door to 3rd parties and I doubt that Sonic would've been as requested if it wasn't for Snake's reveal for Brawl.

If he got in Brawl in the first place, why wouldn't he return for this game? I'm sure that, with the recent releases, Sakurai is trying to avoid as many cuts as possible. I could see a MGS3 stage on the 3DS version if he returns.
But no :snake:is good

Xigger

Smash Lord
Even though I just put out hype for his reveal this month...

False, Sonic has much more relevance and popularity to Nintendo than Snake does, and not as a request from a personal friend.

True, but it's impossible to say if the alternate universe had third parties or not without Snake.

If he got in Brawl in the first place, why wouldn't he return for this game?
Because his inclusion in Brawl was a favor, also because he isn't that relevant to Nintendo, lastly Snake doesn't have a lot of priority going for him as a third party.

I'm sure that, with the recent releases, Sakurai is trying to avoid as many cuts as possible.
Even if that were true, Snake's priority compared to other characters could likely make him one of the few cuts.

I could see a MGS3 stage on the 3DS version if he returns.
True. Or, the same stage featured in Brawl from the Gamecube remake Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
No, although I'd be a bit disappointed. If there were only two third parties in the game, then I'd rather have Mega Man over Snake. If there were more than two and Snake was still cut, I'd be pretty baffled.

grizby2

Smash Lord
I don't think he'll make it back, but if he does, that's cool. I would hope they make him just a tad less of a power house though.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
If Snake does come back, do you expect him to get a costume redesign? like maybe his looks from other games like MGS3, 4, and 5 to name a few. I expect him to keep his old design, but if not then I would want it to be MGS3.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
If Snake does come back, do you expect him to get a costume redesign? like maybe his looks from other games like MGS3, 4, and 5 to name a few. I expect him to keep his old design, but if not then I would want it to be MGS3.

You do realise that Solid Snake isn't in MGS3...

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I played most of the MGS games, so I know, that's why I only referred to him as Snake, since that's both of their codenames. I was just suggesting that because of MGS3D. Plus, even though they're are different people, they are same at the same time, since Solid is a clone, I was just mentioning different designs for Snake.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I played most of the MGS games, so I know, that's why I only referred to him as Snake, since that's both of their codenames. I was just suggesting that because of MGS3D. Plus, even though they're are different people, they are same at the same time, since Solid is a clone, I was just mentioning different designs for Snake.

Oh...Well...yeah..You are right then.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Snake means alot to the Smash series it would be a shame for him not returning. Besides...when Sakurai said that not all characters will be returning..he might have meant the SSBM clones (Dr. Mario,Young Link and Pichu...maybe Roy).

Xethos

Smash Cadet
Being a Snake main, I personally hope he make his way back in the series. Considering that I dobn't have a WiiU yet, I'm not sure if it'd be worth my money if my facorite character from all time was removed. Not trying to sound childish, it's just that Snake was the only character, excluding mewtwo, in the entire smash series that truly appealed to me.

Removing snake would be a loss of fans, but having him would ruin the art/graphic style of SSB4. Sakurai is in a big jiffy here...

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Being a Snake main, I personally hope he make his way back in the series. Considering that I dobn't have a WiiU yet, I'm not sure if it'd be worth my money if my facorite character from all time was removed. Not trying to sound childish, it's just that Snake was the only character, excluding mewtwo, in the entire smash series that truly appealed to me.

Removing snake would be a loss of fans, but having him would ruin the art/graphic style of SSB4. Sakurai is in a big jiffy here...

I don't think there is really an art style to this game. I just think that the characters and stages are being designed so they look like themselves. For example Link has always been a bright green color just his new design is more realistic. It's basicly the Link from OoT. Mario is the same as in his own series. Samus too. It wouldn't be very weird for Snake to fit in.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
The style Sakurai is going for really doesn't work with Snake......but then again, people want Ridley. So i guess i'll eat my words if Ridley or Snake get in.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

That's what you say.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
If you've got your words, and IsmaR has your tears, can I have your liver then?

For..... scientific purposes....

D

Deleted member

Wait a minute, peacock.
Did you say Snake doesn't fit the style?

Need I remind you this exists?

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
When yo go to the bottom of the SSB4 website you'll see companies who helped with the game. It also says SEGA but not Konami. Does this mean Snake won't return? Depends on if SEGA was there before Sonic's announcement.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It didn't say Sega before Sonic showed up, similarly it didn't say Intelligence Systems until Marth showed up.

Top Bottom