• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Glad to know I'm not the only one losing faith.

At the beginning of the Smash ballot I was like "Yeah! Snake and Ice Climbers are totally coming back!" And now I'm "Maybe Snake and Ice Climbers are coming back next game... If there is one... And they're not forgotten... ...hello? Buehler?"

I hope that at least the ballot shows there is a demand for his return. Maybe Konami will get it together by the next game and stop being such a hot mess. We can do it! The future is ours to decide! :4shulk:

DLC has been an almost total bust for me, lol. Ryu is the only one I actually paid for. I'm glad Mewtwo is back, but I wouldn't pay for him, and I can do without Lucas and Roy (and Wolf, when he comes back). If my vets can't return, then I'm hoping we get more newcomers. If not and we get like Young Link... well, them's the breaks. At least the weird infighting here will be over.
unless Sakurai teases Ridley somehow and then this board will go up in flames

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I'm not really confident he'll come back but I think he has a chance.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I can't say I blame people doubting Snake coming back. Nevertheless, never give up!

I've been busy with student teaching, so that's why I haven't been around as much. Turns out my placement teacher has played Metal Gear. I told him how in TPP you can start blowing **** up while playing Take On Me. He lost his mind.
---------------

Anyway, on the topic of Snake coming back...I think it's a missed opportunity to bring him back. Fans clearly want him back. Metal Gear is a hall of fame series. It's iconic. It fits with the 3rd party cast for sure.

There are plenty of great choices. But not adding Snake is simply a missed opportunity.

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
So guys. Be honest with me here.

Do you think Snake will be DLC?
I think that he has similar chances like Megaman or Sonic before join Smash without their creators, or less
65% - 45%

EDIT:
But honestly Roy and Ryu had less chances in Smashboards and other threads and now are DLC, whatever thing could happen

zlCfzTMldJcb8E10zZ.jpg

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I still think he's one of the highest chance DLC characters. I started with little faith and it grew over time.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
"Politics are fickle, they change with the times. So long as we remain loyal to our countries, soldiers like us have nothing to believe in..."

Being a Snake supporter has had its Joys and Sorrows, that much is for sure. I kept hoping Snake would peak up all sneaky like before the launch of Sm4sh. He didn't, and that disappointment was the worst.

Then I remembered her words:

"As long as we have loyalty to the end - there's no point in believing in anything...the only thing we can believe in, with absolute certainty, is the mission, Jack."

So I kept crawling through the jungle of speculation - holding onto that belief, that hope. Sometimes, yes, my hopes may have gotten a little too high - but it shows that I have been fighting for what I believe in.

With the inclusion of DLC - I think we have a "pretty good" chance. With V recently released, Snakes' inclusion would be an excellent way to promote the game and push sales for both MGS and Smash.

It would also be a good way to celebrate the series (and Kojima) by taking it back to Zero on the first system the series thrived on.

Just think, If Snake was announced at The TGS - it would easily be a highlight and would reinvigorate hype for both games.

We are constantly at war with not only the times but a group much like the patriots - the Naysayers - putting down our fellow brother in arms. Negative opinions seem to spread like some sort of parasite until they are common place - a form of information control.

Those naysayers don't always see outside it's bubble - they see the small picture, not the larger ideal and how it applies to the masses. They fail to see Snake as the legend he is.

This has become our Outer Heaven. We combat every recessive thought with our own dominant ones. This is our fight, our final mission.

I would love to have Snake back, and, without a doubt, it will be disappointing if he permenantly keeps us waiting. We will still always have Brawl. No matter what happens, I will always appreciate this board for being loyal and holding on to hope - a welcome environment that cherishes two of my favorite game series. Truly a Heaven Ouside of Heaven.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
"Politics are fickle, they change with the times. So long as we remain loyal to our countries, soldiers like us have nothing to believe in..."

Being a Snake supporter has had its Joys and Sorrows, that much is for sure. I kept hoping Snake would peak up all sneaky like before the launch of Sm4sh. He didn't, and that disappointment was the worst.

Then I remembered her words:

"As long as we have loyalty to the end - there's no point in believing in anything...the only thing we can believe in, with absolute certainty, is the mission, Jack."

So I kept crawling through the jungle of speculation - holding onto that belief, that hope. Sometimes, yes, my hopes may have gotten a little too high - but it shows that I have been fighting for what I believe in.

With the inclusion of DLC - I think we have a "pretty good" chance. With V recently released, Snakes' inclusion would be an excellent way to promote the game and push sales for both MGS and Smash.

It would also be a good way to celebrate the series (and Kojima) by taking it back to Zero on the first system the series thrived on.

Just think, If Snake was announced at The TGS - it would easily be a highlight and would reinvigorate hype for both games.

We are constantly at war with not only the times but a group much like the patriots - the Naysayers - putting down our fellow brother in arms. Negative opinions seem to spread like some sort of parasite until they are common place - a form of information control.

Those naysayers don't always see outside it's bubble - they see the small picture, not the larger ideal and how it applies to the masses. They fail to see Snake as the legend he is.

This has become our Outer Heaven. We combat every recessive thought with our own dominant ones. This is our fight, our final mission.

I would love to have Snake back, and, without a doubt, it will be disappointing if he permenantly keeps us waiting. We will still always have Brawl. No matter what happens, I will always appreciate this board for being loyal and holding on to hope - a welcome environment that cherishes two of my favorite game series. Truly a Heaven Ouside of Heaven.
You just spoke for the entire Snake thread, brother. Truly and awe inspiring ode. Thank you. Let us all enjoy our Outer Heaven.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I think I'd like to affirm that of the two Brawl Veterans left - Wolf and Snake, I think by now my want for Snake to return is probably greater than how much I want Wolf back. As time goes on, I admit that my desire for Wolf has started to fade to the point where I'd probably end up being neutral to him, even though I want him back.
I think I'll have Snake back just to see you guys happy. You've been through an unnecessary amount of difficulty campaigning for Snake's return. Rest assured that I will stay supportive for you, Members of Foxhound! (I know K. Rool has Kutthroats and Isaac has Adepts, but do we have a sort of collective name to refer to Snake Supporters? Foxhound? Diamond Dogs? Probably Foxhound would be more appropriate if we were to choose...)

Also, if you to choose a new Assist Trophy for Metal Gear, who would it be?

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Psycho Mantis is a good choice - a memorable/iconic Villain. Would prefer if we was different then the annoying trickster ATs (Tingle, Skull Kid..uhh Nintendog - I'm looking at you!) and he more so broke the forth wall - like fake stops the match with "No Contest" for a few seconds lol.

Give him some of those mind tricks and a standard move like hurtling fireballs, statutes, and pictures of Miyamoto at the fighters to keep em guessing!

Another obvious one would be Raiden as he has come onto his own with Rising. Would function similar to Gray Fox.

I personally would love it if DD was the MG AT with his battle suit and stun.

If we get Shadow Moses back - I would like it if they gave Metal Gear Sarcophogus (what I call him atleast, lol) a chance to ruin the stage with the other Gears.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I'd say Snake's chances never changed and he's still in good standing. All of the arguments against him have been more or less debunked, so the only thing standing in his way is either Nintendo not wanting to take this great opportunity or Konami asking too much for the rights to use him.

As for Assist Trophies, I'm fine with Grey Fox again. Ryu didn't get an AT, so if it came up to reusing Snake's one from Brawl due to minimal work, then I'm happy with that over the not getting a Metal Gear AT.

D

Deleted member

Even if Snake is seen as unlikely, that doesn't mean you guys should give up.

For instance, during the pre-release era, i was a full-on Mewtwo supporter and i had to deal with all those vocal bandwagons which were all like "LOL GRENINJA REPLACED MEWTWO LOLOLOL" and things got worse during the ESRB leak. I always saw Mewtwo as likely but the more time passed, the more worried i became.
But look at today :4mewtwo:.

Another instance was with Roy. I thought that he was just a very unlikely and his only chance was a last minute addition for DLC. And the day i heard about the sound files was a day like no other for me. The fact that he returned with a partially "luigified" and with elements of his Awakening desing made it more sweet:4feroy:.

Right now, 2 characters that i support, K.Rool and Isaac, are also getting my dobuts. K.Rool due to his Mii costume and Isaac due to the state of his franchise and lack of popularity in Japan.

I have even seen people saying that Wolf is unlikely for literally no reason.

There are a lot of more unlikely characters yet their supporters haven't gave up on them, so why you guys should give up on Snake?

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I think I'd like to affirm that of the two Brawl Veterans left - Wolf and Snake, I think by now my want for Snake to return is probably greater than how much I want Wolf back. As time goes on, I admit that my desire for Wolf has started to fade to the point where I'd probably end up being neutral to him, even though I want him back.
I think I'll have Snake back just to see you guys happy. You've been through an unnecessary amount of difficulty campaigning for Snake's return. Rest assured that I will stay supportive for you, Members of Foxhound! (I know K. Rool has Kutthroats and Isaac has Adepts, but do we have a sort of collective name to refer to Snake Supporters? Foxhound? Diamond Dogs? Probably Foxhound would be more appropriate if we were to choose...)

Also, if you to choose a new Assist Trophy for Metal Gear, who would it be?
We already decided on FOXHOUNDERS a while back. Somewhere from page 50-100.

Psycho Mantis of course. TV Shenanigans and mind reading for the win.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
My guesses for DLC Character Pack 2:

- Wolf
- Snake
- Dixie ("Falco" Diddy for quasi clone)
- Newcomer

Really want the unannounced stage to be Shadow Moses.

I know Ryu had his stage bundled and not count in the numbering, but he was a third party New Comer. We've had to pay for past stages like Hyrule Castle, so it makes sense to pay for Shadow Moses Island. If Konami gets a cut of both DLC items (other being Snake) they even have more incentive on their end!

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to point out, for those of you who expect 4 new characters because of "Character pack 1," that apparently in Japan they are not labeled like that. I can't quite recall how they were numbered (I'd have to go digging in the DLC or K Rool threads) but basically, it doesn't necessarily mean anything. The least we get is 2. Because "several." We might have more, but we're in the dark now.

Also, I feel like an idiot, I never knew Gray Fox was a Metal Gear AT. But I noticed this:

When Gray Fox is summoned in Brawl, he will say either "Make me feel alive again!", "You can't defeat me with a weapon like that.", or "Hand-to-hand. It is the basis of all combat." Whenever Gray Fox is summoned while Snake is on the battlefield (regardless of whether Snake or the opponent summons him), he either says "Like old times, Snake..." or "That's it! I've been waiting for this pain." All of these quotes are some of the things that Gray Fox says in Metal Gear Solid when battling Snake.
Remind you of anyone?

Metal Face will say any of a random set of lines while on the stage; however, he has special quotes directed at Shulk that only play if he is one of the fighters in a given battle, such as "Hey, Monado Boy! Hope you don't think you can hurt me with that thing!" "If it isn't the puny boy himself! Ya miss me?"

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
So there's this twitter account that does fake GameTheory ideas. This was one of them.
mgr.PNG

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Aside from a return for Frank Jaeger as an AT I'd love to see Raiden appear and act a bit like Zoroark in which he traps an enemy in a Blade Mode flurry before doing a Zandatsu to send them flying.

Also Metal Gear Onlne looks pretty good. Can't wait to Fulton other players now.

MrHashshashin

Smash Rookie
Aside from a return for Frank Jaeger as an AT I'd love to see Raiden appear and act a bit like Zoroark in which he traps an enemy in a Blade Mode flurry before doing a Zandatsu to send them flying.

Also Metal Gear Onlne looks pretty good. Can't wait to Fulton other players now.
Well to be fair Raiden would probably be cheaper to implement if they go with his cyborg design meaning they could re-use GrayFox's code with 4 or Risings Raiden model and sound files than go through the effort of creating a higher poly model of Gray Fox's from brawl.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Well to be fair Raiden would probably be cheaper to implement if they go with his cyborg design meaning they could re-use GrayFox's code with 4 or Risings Raiden model and sound files than go through the effort of creating a higher poly model of Gray Fox's from brawl.
They'd still have to make a model for Cyborg Raiden though. It's not a case of just porting assets over from any other game. Gray Fox has assets from Brawl to use which should be easier to touch up for Smash 4.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I just got back from a surgical clinic to have my stitches removed from the incision. Didn't feel a thing when the doc pulled them out. As a result, I was able to regain some more of my strength back but unfortunately, I'm still not medically cleared to go back to work.

Well anyways, on the topic of assist trophy characters, I wouldn't mind seeing Gray Fox again although it would be nice to have either Raiden or Psycho Mantis become assist characters instead.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Instead of going to homecoming I'll be staying home playing MGS. Now that's the life.
Even if Snake is seen as unlikely, that doesn't mean you guys should give up.

For instance, during the pre-release era, i was a full-on Mewtwo supporter and i had to deal with all those vocal bandwagons which were all like "LOL GRENINJA REPLACED MEWTWO LOLOLOL" and things got worse during the ESRB leak. I always saw Mewtwo as likely but the more time passed, the more worried i became.
But look at today :4mewtwo:.

Another instance was with Roy. I thought that he was just a very unlikely and his only chance was a last minute addition for DLC. And the day i heard about the sound files was a day like no other for me. The fact that he returned with a partially "luigified" and with elements of his Awakening desing made it more sweet:4feroy:.

Right now, 2 characters that i support, K.Rool and Isaac, are also getting my dobuts. K.Rool due to his Mii costume and Isaac due to the state of his franchise and lack of popularity in Japan.

I have even seen people saying that Wolf is unlikely for literally no reason.

There are a lot of more unlikely characters yet their supporters haven't gave up on them, so why you guys should give up on Snake?
I'll obviously not give up, but we have got to prepare for the worst.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I'm curios--did you guys get a "this is a one time thing" vibe from Snake's inclusion in Brawl?
I feel like Snake's situation is reminiscent of Sonic's back in Brawl with the obvious difference of Snake not being included yet in Smash 4. Maybe Sakurai wants to include Snake but Konami hasn't budged--yet.

I wish I could have a Smash Bros with no roster cuts. For example, Roy and Mewtwo's inclusion in 4 gives me no reason, roster-wise, to play Melee. The main chunk of cut characters from Brawl for me are Snake and Wolf, so if they became DLC, I would have no reason, roster-wise, to play Brawl (sorry, Pichu, Young Link, Squirtle, and Ivysaur fans :( )

Last edited:

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I'm curios--did you guys get a "this is a one time thing" vibe from Snake's inclusion in Brawl?
No more than I got from Sonic.
I feel like Snake's situation is reminiscent of Sonic's back in Brawl with the obvious difference of Snake not being included yet in Smash 4. Maybe Sakurai wants to include Snake but Konami hasn't budged--yet.
Kojima said Sakurai had not asked him about using Snake, and it seems like permission from a lot of other parties is required. Who knows? I mean, Ryu happened right under our noses.

I wish I could have a Smash Bros with no roster cuts. For example, Roy and Mewtwo's inclusion in 4 gives me no reason, roster-wise, to play Melee. The main chunk of cut characters from Brawl for me are Snake and Wolf, so if they became DLC, I would have no reason, roster-wise, to play Brawl (sorry, Pichu, Young Link, Squirtle, and Ivysaur fans :( )
Ice Climbers not on your list?
But yeah, I get you.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Ice Climbers not on your list?
But yeah, I get you.
NOOOO I forgot them!! Unfortunately, with what Sakurai said about them and the nature of the interview, it seemed he was shooting down their chances at getting in the game DLC or no. It's one thing if they decided before development not to include them because 3DS but the fact they have their data just sitting there on the Wii U version irks me. Like "you must release them!!" But yeah, I miss them....

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Snake is the only veteran i want to come back at this point, i love that Lucas, Mewtwo and Roy are back, but without Snake it just doesn't feel right.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I just signed up to support you guys. I been watching this thread for a long time. I play Smash Bros with my brothers and my friends. Brawl was my first Smash game that I ever played. I also played the 3DS and the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros. but unfortunately Snake did not return. I want Snake back for Smash Bros. I been casting my votes for Snake a long time before I sign up. However he is unlike to return, however that does not mean we should not stop supporting him. We can get him back if we get even more, more votes. Hopefully, Sakurai can get him back so we can have a :snake: vs. :4ryu: match and we could also get Shadow Moses Island for the Wii U and Groznyj Grad for the 3DS version which make sense because Snake Eater
was released for the 3DS. I'am not sure if he will return for the next game if he does not make it. I'am hoping that he is one of the Smash Ballot characters. Maybe you could sent emails and letters to Nintendo and maybe Konami like Roy fans did and I already know that someone talk about this, but you could try I don't know. So sign me up as a supporter guys! The more votes we got! The better chance that he can returned to Smash to be reunited with :4mario: and :4sonic:, and meet :4megaman: and:4pacman:. I want this dream to come true and it had to happen soon!

Oh! By the way this is quite off topic since when did Snake made a cameo in Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia when I saw it on the list of games that Snake appeared on the first page?

Last edited:

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
Hey guys, I just signed up to support you guys. I been watching this thread for a long time. I play Smash Bros with my brothers and my friends. Brawl was my first Smash game that I ever played. I also played the 3DS and the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros. but unfortunately Snake did not return. I want Snake back for Smash Bros. I been casting my votes for Snake a long time before I sign up. However he is unlike to return, however that does not mean we should not stop supporting him. We can get him back if we get even more, more votes. Hopefully, Sakurai can get him back so we can have a :snake: vs. :4ryu: match and we could also get Shadow Moses Island for the Wii U and Groznyj Grad for the 3DS version which make sense because Snake Eater
was released for the 3DS. I'am not sure if he will return for the next game if he does not make it. I'am hoping that he is one of the Smash Ballot characters. Maybe you could sent emails and letters to Nintendo and maybe Konami like Roy fans did and I already know that someone talk about this, but you could try I don't know. So sign me up as a supporter guys! The more votes we got! The better chance that he can returned to Smash to be reunited with :4mario: and :4sonic:, and meet :4megaman: and:4pacman:. I want this dream to come true and it had to happen soon!

Oh! By the way this is quite off topic since when did Snake made a cameo in Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia when I saw it on the list of games that Snake appeared on the first page?
Yeah man I wrote before about mail Konami or Nintendo of America; and mailing WORK IT one week before release Roy on E3
I'm gonna give you the link of my post
Also welcome to the thread as Snake supporter and old Royvolutionary
:pimp::seuss::demon:

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...he-phantom-pain.324205/page-213#post-20058283

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, I want to support Snake because he need some support so I came to help. If we get him back that mean he had a good chance to be back in the next Smash game. I just want him because he was a very interesting character to look at. I was so surprised to see him when he was first revealed in Brawl. I was disappointed to not see him in Smash 4 and when DLC was introduced in Smash Bros. we got a second chance to get him back. I also know that some people want his moveset to be given to another character if he can't get in. I really don't think it was a good idea to give his moveset to another character because it like rebadge a car and call it a real product of your own and also make Snake fans unhappy. I rather have characters to get their own moveset fresh and new. I think if we get Nintendo and Konami both convinced to get him back this mean we could get codecs to have Snake and people like Otacon talk about the newcomers such as :4greninja: which I highly doubt they will return if :snake: return. Imagine the possibilities guys! We could see Snake in HD just like these guys (:4lucas::4feroy::4mewtwo:) and it would be funny if :4littlemac:could keep doing Straight Lunge on the towers in Shadow Moses Island and also :snake: could hide himself in his box in Gamer in order to avoid getting capture by 5-Volt I don't know if that going to happen but, we see and we can also get Metal Gear Mii costumes for :4miibrawl:,:4miigun:,and:4miisword: such as the Gray Fox costume can be for the Mii Swordfighter and I can see that happen. We can see the future guys! I can taste it! If you want to sent a email to Nintendo and Konami you should do it now. Don't be afraid to sent both of them a letter or a email and maybe we could get an response from both Nintendo and Konami. There is a high chance we could see him as DLC. It will be fun if he return because it could bring hype to everybody and ArmyDude956 who is guy from Reddit who want and love to see Snake return as DLC and :snake: could sell like hotcakes. Now this is the time to vote now and I urge all of you who going to vote for him now! This is the only opportunity and only hope to get him back. FOR ARMYDUDE956! FOR HIDEO KOJIMA! VOTE NOW AND KEEP THE THREAD ALIVE AND KEEP THE SUPPORT UP! HOPE WILL BE ALWAYS THERE FOR US!:snake:

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm so sorry it's going out like this. Konami isn't focusing on consoles anymore, or games, and they're taking the Metal Gear franchise down with them. So sorry.

Last edited:

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I'm so sorry it's going out like this. Konami isn't focusing on consoles anymore, or games, and they're taking the Metal Gear franchise down with them. So sorry.
Maybe they'll license out their engine or their properties rather than sit on them. Maybe Nintendo will get another Twin Snakes made.

These are dark days

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Didn't they announce they were working on a new metal gear for consoles and put out ads for people to come work on it? They're not done yet as they can still milk a few w bucks of console owners.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Didn't they announce they were working on a new metal gear for consoles and put out ads for people to come work on it? They're not done yet as they can still milk a few w bucks of console owners.
That's Metal Hear Online, which they said will not be affected by this.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
That's Metal Hear Online, which they said will not be affected by this.
No it wasn't. It was a brand new game.

Also, I didn't know what you were talking about untill I saw the nintenzone thread.

Thus is not good at all, but hopefully it means that the namco bandai rumour is true.

D

Deleted member

Also, I didn't know what you were talking about untill I saw the nintenzone thread.

Thus is not good at all, but hopefully it means that the namco bandai rumour is true.
A Namco Bandai rumor? what rumor?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

What rumor?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Top Bottom