• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, now I gotta try rations.

Take pictures!
I'm definitely taking pictures if I can get the costume finished! The convention is in November, so I have some time. Right now i'm trying to decide which Snake I should go as.

I'm almost tempted to wear something like this to go with the costume:

If I go as Big Boss, I could give the box an eyepatch

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
So mario maker stage DLC on the 30th of September. Have a feeling more DLC with be come out with it.
Time to get out hopes up again. Maybe it'll all work out.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone seen any nice Snake for Smash posts on Miiverse? Or just any posts referencing Snake? I've seen a lot of cute Miiverse posts and a couple for Snake, but not enough.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone seen any nice Snake for Smash posts on Miiverse? Or just any posts referencing Snake? I've seen a lot of cute Miiverse posts and a couple for Snake, but not enough.
Yeah they're sadly few and far between. But the ones that do show are pretty good.

Snake Confirmed

Last edited by a moderator:

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
Hi dudes I was taking a recess by school and sports stuffs.

So mario maker stage DLC on the 30th of September. Have a feeling more DLC with be come out with it.
Time to get out hopes up again. Maybe it'll all work out.
Yeah maybe in September 30 or well the Ballot day as teaser DLC or last pre DLC, we'll get more characters
The Ballot winners I think one could be for December and the second for February

Last edited:

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Snake Confirmed

What nobody knows is that hidden inside the Shovel Knight amiibo... was a Snake amiibo! :troll:

So I beat MGS3, lots of feels. I'll elaborate later because I have so many feels as a 1st time player. But there's one thing I'm very annoyed at.
Before the Volgin fight, I had 11 people killed. That's right! EZ-gun out the wazoo! (also pushing tranquilized people into cliffs doesn't seem to count as deaths, oops?) But after all that nonsense with the on-rails shooting, it went up to 53. I'm so mad. I'm guessing you're supposed to tranquilize them all, right? Or use smoke grenades to obscure their line of vision or something. Whatevs, man. I'm not aiming for Fox here.

I got the Jaguar rank. meow

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
No just leave Snake and Wolf alone, why would you want to ruin those last two characters remaining? Why not just whine about new characters for a change. K Rool, Dixie Kong whatsoever but not those two no just anything but that no just no.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
No just leave Snake and Wolf alone, why would you want to ruin those last two characters remaining? Why not just whine about new characters for a change. K Rool, Dixie Kong whatsoever but not those two no just anything but that no just no.
I can't cause a change of heart for you, son, but a few things:

-There's no explicit confirmation that those two placeholders in the data are all we're getting. Until we hear more, stop whining.
-It's not ruining anything. Maybe for you, but there is definitely a large fan base that wants both Snake and Wolf back. Go back to your vocal minority and whine there.
-Nothing's stopping you from ignoring this thread if you want. Except maybe your own ignorance. You're going to come back and yell at me for giving you perfectly valid points anyway.

Have a nice day, and please nobody else reply to this person. It's flame bait.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I don't know you, but I rather have characters I KNOW that I like rather than "new" characters that I dislike (and calling Dixie unique is kind of a stretch). Besides, KKR is my 3rd most wanted, so please go in other place to hate on other people.

P. S. It very likely that we will get 4 more characters, due to the "Fighter Pack 1" in the e-shop, so we will end up with 2 newcomers even with Wolf and Snake back.

Last edited:

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
I think that a lot of newcomers candidates are non attractive and occupy a secondary or filler role in their series. Being non atractive for me or others as consumer.
And not have the prestige of DLC names.
Exceptions could be King Rool, Dixie, Inklings, Isaac or Indies.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Why is it that some idiot who's bashing Snake and even Wolf for whatever lame reason they have a Link avatar in their profile?

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
What is going on? How did we somehow arrive at the conclusion that Wolf and Snake are the ballot characters? This thread went from 0 to 60 in nothing.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Warning Received
I can't cause a change of heart for you, son, but a few things:

-There's no explicit confirmation that those two placeholders in the data are all we're getting. Until we hear more, stop whining.
-It's not ruining anything. Maybe for you, but there is definitely a large fan base that wants both Snake and Wolf back. Go back to your vocal minority and whine there.
-Nothing's stopping you from ignoring this thread if you want. Except maybe your own ignorance. You're going to come back and yell at me for giving you perfectly valid points anyway.

Have a nice day, and please nobody else reply to this person. It's flame bait.
No, your reasons are stupid, I'm not going to care what you think rather than the purity of the characters. Yell? I don't know how I'm going to "yell" at you like you're some kind of child but that's all your preference.

Lastly use your mind productivity and actually think before assuming before you hang yourself from your own accusations.

I'll shut you up with this simple response of my own. So if Snake or Wolf did return (God forbid), then how will they, show up? Do you have a balanced mind? You know and I know Nintendo will change them both. The mechanics everything, and that's not what everyone wants.

Quite certain they want Brawl mechanics Snake, and if they don't want that type of Snake (not sure what any other Snake they want). Then people just don't know anything or know, all they want is give give give and more give without understanding the consequence later on.

People wanted Mewtwo and he turns out terrible, then Lucas and he's terrible, then Roy terrible, yet many complain but don't realize they're digging the graves of these characters by themselves. After-all right people design the things they make and destroy the things they make this is no exception as well. And I already ignored the thread. Let's see how many alerts I'll receive, yet I wont be able to see them anyhow.

Oh, right, humph, and your strong dictatorship about "It's flame bait". You failed miserably no one listened to yourself, and it's eating you inside since you believed to have that dictatorship ruling.

I don't need to respond back here, I have no use for this, I wrote what I needed to write. Now as for yourself personally, good luck keeping your own words about not responding to "It's flame bait". Thanks.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Anyway..

I think that the Fighter Pack 2 situation is logical. The ballot ends pretty soon and if they do implement a new character based on the results of the said ballot it will take some time. I'm guessing those two spots are safe for now due to this.

From interviews, seems like bringing in Vets/clones takes less resources - and the two that fit that criteria from brawl are Wolf and Snake.

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
Characters Pack 2: 4 characters
- 2 vets (the 2 Mario slots)
- 2 news
- 1character with stage like Ryu coluda be Snake (the most viable) Inkling or Wolf (no please I don't like the N64 stages)
The most viable movement

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Yeah they're sadly few and far between. But the ones that do show are pretty good.

Snake Confirmed

Please refrain from double posting, as it violates TOS in most cases; instead, use the edit function.

Carry on.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
So I finally finished MGS3D, after an absurd amount of time leaving it on pause. My reactions as a first timer to the series:

• I get why people say the series is a great example of using video games as a creative medium. Even though a lot of people peg MGS as an "interactive movie" because of the cutscenes, the actual controllable parts give you a surprising amount of freedom to interact with your surroundings. I can forgive the fiendishly long cutscenes because it almost feels like they're an extension of what you can do in-game, unlike some games where the stuff that happens in cutscenes is clearly beyond anything you can do in-game. There's a lot you can find out by playing the game, you're not just eating popcorn and watching Snake get lectured by the world's worst interrogator. It rewards exploration and creativity.
  • I liked the female characters in the game, which is... kind of a rarity. Female characters in fiction have an annoying tendency to be simplistic in contrast to more developed or morally ambiguous male characters. But EVA and the Boss were engaging characters who weren't easy to figure out, and they were also capable of taking care of themselves. Even Para-Medic, who you can choose to ignore for the whole game if you're an awful human being, is a neat character.
  • I did not like the T&A. I can only barely excuse EVA because she was actually trying to seduce Snake, although there's no reason for her to ride on her motorcycle with her zipper pulled down to her crotch. And the final battle with the Boss also having crotch-zipper problems. You want to show the scars, okay... but does she need to wander around bra-less with an open suit? Some people might argue this isn't meant to be fanservice, but I was still annoyed that a character who wasn't sexualized until then needed to expose cleavage and midriff. Snake had his shirt taken off, true, but he was beaten to a pulp and you saw it. Not very sexy, unless you're Volgin.
  • Plot twists? The EVA=Tatyana thing was not difficult to figure out. And I always had a feeling the Boss was trying to help Snake out in some way, when she didn't kill him at the very beginning. I also knew that the US government was betraying/using Snake somehow, I just wasn't sure how. The Ocelot=ADAM thing threw me for a complete loop, I should have seen it coming with that stupid American cat reference, omigod. Also retrospectively realizing the Sorrow was helping you because that was how he could help the Boss, that makes so much more sense now. I liked the plot. I started losing it for a bit when the Philosopher's Legacy came into the picture, but I got it when the Boss kindly info-dumped explained it to me.
  • I wanted to stamina-kill the Boss because I wanted her camo and also because I suck at CQC and using a gun/sniper rifle wasn't working out the way I wanted it to. After 4~ tries, I succeeded in stamina-killing her. However, she fell behind a tree, and so did her camo. You know the camera in this stage is wonky. I ran around that tree, tried to move the camera, but I couldn't see the camo, and so the stage ended without me getting the camo. I raged so hard that I re-started the battle and played it around two more times to get my camo. I did not crawl through flowers with kabuki makeup and
  • I didn't shoot the Boss at the end. I thought it was all cutscene, so I just sat down with my juice and watched Snake take an absurdly long time to kill her. I liked the tension, but then I look up spoilery stuff about the game and I hear people saying "having to pull the trigger was so hard!" and "the game makes you shoot her" made me go 'wut'. I guess this means my hands are clean. :troll:
  • Does the 3DS version support the secret FPS views? I knew there was a secret FPS thing at the end, at the Boss's grave, but I couldn't get it to work at all. I was mad. Why.
  • In-between the feels, there was a lot of humor to keep the game from getting too heavy and melancholy. I love games with a sense of humor.

The camera was really tricky to control on the 3DS, and the lack of finesse made aiming unnecessarily difficult in some parts. Also, the camera became absolutely useless in narrow spaces, which was extremely frustrating. Other than that, the controls were fine. I played on Widdle Hand-Holding Baby mode, so if I was bad at CQCing guards, the problem was me, not the game.

Overall, I really enjoyed it. If Snake had never gotten into Brawl, I probably never would have given this series a chance. But he did, and I'm glad I got to play this game, which was one of the most enjoyable ones I've played in a while (next to Xenoblade). Even if I wasn't very good at it ('hmm, that guard seems alone, let me tranquilize him!' *turns out he was surrounded by other guards that I didn't see, game goes into caution* 'uh cardboard box?'). But I recognize I suck. I mean, I took so long to beat The End that he almost died of stamina loss. I got one shot on him (and that prevented me from getting his rifle which makes me mad but ~whatever~). I had to cigarette-gas Volgin. Even with my suckiness, I loved it.

I wish more people who thought of Snake and his series as "super dark and gritty hyper-realistic military stuff" would actually try it out, because it really surpassed my expectations. It wasn't a run-and-gun murder everybody type of game (although some people choose to play it like that...). You make choices as to whether to kill people or not, and it actually feels bad (to me at least) to kill guards. There's a reason for that, and that's because it doesn't want to promote the senseless bloodshed the game spent the whole time trying to tell you was wrong. It's consistent with its own philosophy. But I fear a lot of Nintendo-only fans won't ever see that and will just lump it in with any remotely edgy-looking "realistic" game. It's a shame, but it can be countered by showing them what the series is really like.

And that's why we need Snake in Smash4. :snake:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So I finally finished MGS3D, after an absurd amount of time leaving it on pause. My reactions as a first timer to the series:

• I get why people say the series is a great example of using video games as a creative medium. Even though a lot of people peg MGS as an "interactive movie" because of the cutscenes, the actual controllable parts give you a surprising amount of freedom to interact with your surroundings. I can forgive the fiendishly long cutscenes because it almost feels like they're an extension of what you can do in-game, unlike some games where the stuff that happens in cutscenes is clearly beyond anything you can do in-game. There's a lot you can find out by playing the game, you're not just eating popcorn and watching Snake get lectured by the world's worst interrogator. It rewards exploration and creativity.
  • I liked the female characters in the game, which is... kind of a rarity. Female characters in fiction have an annoying tendency to be simplistic in contrast to more developed or morally ambiguous male characters. But EVA and the Boss were engaging characters who weren't easy to figure out, and they were also capable of taking care of themselves. Even Para-Medic, who you can choose to ignore for the whole game if you're an awful human being, is a neat character.
  • I did not like the T&A. I can only barely excuse EVA because she was actually trying to seduce Snake, although there's no reason for her to ride on her motorcycle with her zipper pulled down to her crotch. And the final battle with the Boss also having crotch-zipper problems. You want to show the scars, okay... but does she need to wander around bra-less with an open suit? Some people might argue this isn't meant to be fanservice, but I was still annoyed that a character who wasn't sexualized until then needed to expose cleavage and midriff. Snake had his shirt taken off, true, but he was beaten to a pulp and you saw it. Not very sexy, unless you're Volgin.
  • Plot twists? The EVA=Tatyana thing was not difficult to figure out. And I always had a feeling the Boss was trying to help Snake out in some way, when she didn't kill him at the very beginning. I also knew that the US government was betraying/using Snake somehow, I just wasn't sure how. The Ocelot=ADAM thing threw me for a complete loop, I should have seen it coming with that stupid American cat reference, omigod. Also retrospectively realizing the Sorrow was helping you because that was how he could help the Boss, that makes so much more sense now. I liked the plot. I started losing it for a bit when the Philosopher's Legacy came into the picture, but I got it when the Boss kindly info-dumped explained it to me.
  • I wanted to stamina-kill the Boss because I wanted her camo and also because I suck at CQC and using a gun/sniper rifle wasn't working out the way I wanted it to. After 4~ tries, I succeeded in stamina-killing her. However, she fell behind a tree, and so did her camo. You know the camera in this stage is wonky. I ran around that tree, tried to move the camera, but I couldn't see the camo, and so the stage ended without me getting the camo. I raged so hard that I re-started the battle and played it around two more times to get my camo. I did not crawl through flowers with kabuki makeup and
  • I didn't shoot the Boss at the end. I thought it was all cutscene, so I just sat down with my juice and watched Snake take an absurdly long time to kill her. I liked the tension, but then I look up spoilery stuff about the game and I hear people saying "having to pull the trigger was so hard!" and "the game makes you shoot her" made me go 'wut'. I guess this means my hands are clean. :troll:
  • Does the 3DS version support the secret FPS views? I knew there was a secret FPS thing at the end, at the Boss's grave, but I couldn't get it to work at all. I was mad. Why.
  • In-between the feels, there was a lot of humor to keep the game from getting too heavy and melancholy. I love games with a sense of humor.

The camera was really tricky to control on the 3DS, and the lack of finesse made aiming unnecessarily difficult in some parts. Also, the camera became absolutely useless in narrow spaces, which was extremely frustrating. Other than that, the controls were fine. I played on Widdle Hand-Holding Baby mode, so if I was bad at CQCing guards, the problem was me, not the game.

Overall, I really enjoyed it. If Snake had never gotten into Brawl, I probably never would have given this series a chance. But he did, and I'm glad I got to play this game, which was one of the most enjoyable ones I've played in a while (next to Xenoblade). Even if I wasn't very good at it ('hmm, that guard seems alone, let me tranquilize him!' *turns out he was surrounded by other guards that I didn't see, game goes into caution* 'uh cardboard box?'). But I recognize I suck. I mean, I took so long to beat The End that he almost died of stamina loss. I got one shot on him (and that prevented me from getting his rifle which makes me mad but ~whatever~). I had to cigarette-gas Volgin. Even with my suckiness, I loved it.

I wish more people who thought of Snake and his series as "super dark and gritty hyper-realistic military stuff" would actually try it out, because it really surpassed my expectations. It wasn't a run-and-gun murder everybody type of game (although some people choose to play it like that...). You make choices as to whether to kill people or not, and it actually feels bad (to me at least) to kill guards. There's a reason for that, and that's because it doesn't want to promote the senseless bloodshed the game spent the whole time trying to tell you was wrong. It's consistent with its own philosophy. But I fear a lot of Nintendo-only fans won't ever see that and will just lump it in with any remotely edgy-looking "realistic" game. It's a shame, but it can be countered by showing them what the series is really like.

That sounds about right. I have similar reactions when I finished TTS, as well as when I started MGS4. The game started really serious and dark, but the Gekkos showed up. Now my sister and I greet other by waving our legs and moo loudly.

Seriously, Metal Gear Solid is a series where the final boss might be a low-key one on one fight with your mentor, who has given up everything she ever had- her lover, her child, her allies, and most of all, her honor- in service of her country and forces you to either kill her or be obliterated in a nuclear blast, or it might be a triple agent disguised as a teenage girl piloting a giant bipedal robot in her underwear set to j-pop, and pretty much everything in-between, tonally speaking.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman

Glad you enjoyed it!

If you plan on playing any more games in the series and you have a PSP, I strongly recommend Portable Ops. With the lack of an HD version, people seemed to forget about PO, moving onto Peace Walker instead. But I think it's a shame, because PO has some pretty cool features PW removed. Plus, the story is next after Snake Eater in the timeline and it enplanes some of the things MGS3D didn't.

If you could get used to the controls in MGS3D without the CPP, you can probably get used to the controls in PO. The controls are a bit different, but you can do pretty much anything you could do in MGS3D in PO, except for crouch walking. The framerate drops more often then in MGS3D, but it's still playable.

But most of all, PO is really freaking fun! The gameplay feels like an expansion of MGS3, with the recruitment system added. While the recruitment system could be arguably tedious, I personally didn't mind dragging bodies into trucks. I found it more rewarding than the fulten recovery. Plus, there are some really interesting unlockable characters, but i'll leave it at that.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
That sounds about right. I have similar reactions when I finished TTS, as well as when I started MGS4. The game started really serious and dark, but the Gekkos showed up. Now my sister and I greet other by waving our legs and moo loudly.

Seriously, Metal Gear Solid is a series where the final boss might be a low-key one on one fight with your mentor, who has given up everything she ever had- her lover, her child, her allies, and most of all, her honor- in service of her country and forces you to either kill her or be obliterated in a nuclear blast, or it might be a triple agent disguised as a teenage girl piloting a giant bipedal robot in her underwear set to j-pop, and pretty much everything in-between, tonally speaking.
I actually recently bought TTS. :denzel: Unfortunately, I don't have a Gamecube with me right now, so it'll be a while until I can actually play it.

So the ballot. Snake is consistently in the top 5-6 in fan polls, yet I feel like he's ignored a lot. Probably because of the scary Konami drama. It's funny, because support for a character has a way of becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy. If the consensus is they won't happen, support falls dramatically (e.g.: Ridley is practically verboten to talk about).

Meanwhile, the bigger you are, the more support snowballs. People want to support the winning team. Wolf and K. Rool are seen as the likeliest ballot options now, with maybe Isaac, Inkling, and Bandana Dee (I seriously know nothing about this guy) in that area. People gravitate to them because of their enormous presence and apparent likelihood; better than staking your hopes on something that's not (seemingly) guaranteed. Snake ought to at least be "in the (metaphorical) conversation," but he's written off because of the "Konami drama" and the ridiculous, pulled out of nowhere "must be Nintendo's bro 4 lyf" rule. We don't write off K. Rool because of the costume, yet we dismiss Snake because of some company drama that, lbr, none of us really understand. Don't count him out of the race. Take it into account, but don't ignore him.

Sorry, I'm a little salty now. It's just a game, and I need to remind myself not to get too into it :p. I'm less salty now (although I could still probably season a nice steak).

@ FeenieTheTrite FeenieTheTrite Alas, I do not have a PSP! A friend of mine once had one, but I have no clue if she still has it or would be willing to lend it to me. I've entertained the idea of buying a 60GB PS3 (for the HD collection + other PS games I've missed out on). My only choice would be less-than-legal means, unless I suddenly come into a great deal of money (hey Volgin, help me out here?).

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
So I've been playing alot of MGSV. What's been going on around here? Have I missed anything?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I actually recently bought TTS. :denzel: Unfortunately, I don't have a Gamecube with me right now, so it'll be a while until I can actually play it.

So the ballot. Snake is consistently in the top 5-6 in fan polls, yet I feel like he's ignored a lot. Probably because of the scary Konami drama. It's funny, because support for a character has a way of becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy. If the consensus is they won't happen, support falls dramatically (e.g.: Ridley is practically verboten to talk about).

Meanwhile, the bigger you are, the more support snowballs. People want to support the winning team. Wolf and K. Rool are seen as the likeliest ballot options now, with maybe Isaac, Inkling, and Bandana Dee (I seriously know nothing about this guy) in that area. People gravitate to them because of their enormous presence and apparent likelihood; better than staking your hopes on something that's not (seemingly) guaranteed. Snake ought to at least be "in the (metaphorical) conversation," but he's written off because of the "Konami drama" and the ridiculous, pulled out of nowhere "must be Nintendo's bro 4 lyf" rule. We don't write off K. Rool because of the costume, yet we dismiss Snake because of some company drama that, lbr, none of us really understand. Don't count him out of the race. Take it into account, but don't ignore him.

Sorry, I'm a little salty now. It's just a game, and I need to remind myself not to get too into it :p. I'm less salty now (although I could still probably season a nice steak).

@ FeenieTheTrite FeenieTheTrite Alas, I do not have a PSP! A friend of mine once had one, but I have no clue if she still has it or would be willing to lend it to me. I've entertained the idea of buying a 60GB PS3 (for the HD collection + other PS games I've missed out on). My only choice would be less-than-legal means, unless I suddenly come into a great deal of money (hey Volgin, help me out here?).
Perhaps you could buy a copy and rip it on your PC to emulate it. I think that is legal since you own the copy, and psp emulation doesn't really require too much power.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
We have MGO at TGS soon!
Longshot, but maybe we will get something!

Think it would be an awesome send off for Snake (and Kojima) to include him in Sm4sh. There's no better way to celebrate all Kojima has given us by letting Snake sneak his way back on to the system that not only introduced NA to the MG saga, but allowed it to continue and grow.

My Wii U/PS3-4 tags are Etikaiele if any of you would like to play Smash/MGO.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Why is it that some idiot who's bashing Snake and even Wolf for whatever lame reason they have a Link avatar in their profile?
As someone with a Link avatar, I assure you, not all of us are brain-dead.

Anyhoo, I do hope you recovery is a smooth, quick and without any phantom pains pain free. Now you guys got me doing it...

We have MGO at TGS soon!
Longshot, but maybe we will get something!

Think it would be an awesome send off for Snake (and Kojima) to include him in Sm4sh. There's no better way to celebrate all Kojima has given us by letting Snake sneak his way back on to the system that not only introduced NA to the MG saga, but allowed it to continue and grow.

My Wii U/PS3-4 tags are Etikaiele if any of you would like to play Smash/MGO.
It'd be a long shot, but it might be an effective strategy to capitalize on the popularity of MGS5 right now and sell Snake's DLC while everyone is hyped over the game. I doubt it will happen sadly, and the Mario Maker stage will be all we will get, but it's not that out-there of an idea.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
As someone with a Link avatar, I assure you, not all of us are brain-dead.

Anyhoo, I do hope you recovery is a smooth, quick and without any phantom pains pain free. Now you guys got me doing it...
I certainly hope so. Well that's good to know.

And that's your own fault right there. :awesome:

Morbi

Scavenger
So guys. Be honest with me here.

Do you think Snake will be DLC?
At this point, I have given up on the prospect that he is a possibility. That is not to say that he is not possible, because he is. But I do not see it happening any longer, the perfect time for his reveal was around Phantom Pain. I have always had these assumptions about his inclusion (Sakurai felt obligated to his friend and agreed to include him in one game and whatnot) and his absence almost certainly confirms my beliefs. Perhaps not for the same reason, but without any statements from Sakurai, all we are left with are assumptions.

It is not over until it is over, but I do not think Snake will be DLC.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

It's hard to say either way. While I did vote for Wolf on the ballot, I also would love to see Snake make it back as well. But with the way things are going with Konami and ****, I do have my doubts about his unlikely return but not by a long shot.

Like MorbidAltruism said, it ain't over til it's over with DLC.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

I only see us getting one more veteran and in terms of that Wolf is far more likely due to Star Fox Zero and being first party meaning they wouldn't have to do deals and stuff with Konami to get him in the game.

I wouldn't mind Wolf but Snake would be far better for me as I massively prefer Metal Gear as a franchise to Star Fox.
To actually answer the question Yes I can see him happening but if I had to pick a between him and Wolf for who's going to be in as the last veteran DLC character (provided we get another 4 characters and we have 4 newcomers and 4 veterans in total) I'd pick Wolf every time.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I still think that Snake has a really good chance to return. Not as much as Wolf, but still pretty high.

Last edited:
Top Bottom