• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I see you lurking around @ CaptainCrisb CaptainCrisb come on out...... Boss
haha, usually I don't have much to say. I'm not getting my hopes up for today, I'm thinking this direct will focus on Ryu, Roy, and Lucas, which leaves plenty of room for the digital event when you think about it (hopefully there's something Smash-related in the digital event)
So happy seeing so many Twitch users call out Snake. I'd say he's the next most wanted at this point.

Last edited:

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
Seeing lots of Snake comments in the Twitch chat is always enlightening. Keeping expectations realistic, but see you guys on the other side!

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
With all the third party stuff they have added, Snake's continued absence seems like a big elephant in the room. I'll be really annoyed if they never add him back in, especially if they never give an explanation as to why.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Well, nothing in today's direct. Hopefully in the tuesday direct.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
With all the third party stuff they have added, Snake's continued absence seems like a big elephant in the room. I'll be really annoyed if they never add him back in, especially if they never give an explanation as to why.
To date it remains weird he got mentioned in the October direct. When in a way legally they should not even have mentioned him I suppouse.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
haha, usually I don't have much to say. I'm not getting my hopes up for today, I'm thinking this direct will focus on Ryu, Roy, and Lucas, which leaves plenty of room for the digital event when you think about it (hopefully there's something Smash-related in the digital event)
So happy seeing so many Twitch users call out Snake. I'd say he's the next most wanted at this point.
I spammed that chat room alot! Ryu looks great like they put alot of time and effort into creating his character, now we have a character from a fighting game into a fighting game! He looks tough to master.

Now... I've had this on my mind for quite sometime now ever since i joined! I thought i never would of come as close as i did to you all. I would like to challenge you all at Smash today so you guys can add me my NNID is Skyfox2000 i cant wait to see you all on the field of battle @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A , @ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss , @ Ekans647 Ekans647 , @ K Knux27 , @ cmbsfm cmbsfm and @ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones anybody that's willing to Challenge me or looking for a fight lol! I use :4sheik:, :4zss:, :4sonic: and im experimenting with :rosalina:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I spammed that chat room alot! Ryu looks great like they put alot of time and effort into creating his character, now we have a character from a fighting game into a fighting game! He looks tough to master.

Now... I've had this on my mind for quite sometime now ever since i joined! I thought i never would of come as close as i did to you all. I would like to challenge you all at Smash today so you guys can add me my NNID is Skyfox2000 i cant wait to see you all on the field of battle @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A , @ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss , @ Ekans647 Ekans647 , @ K Knux27 , @ cmbsfm cmbsfm and @ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones anybody that's willing to Challenge me or looking for a fight lol! I use :4sheik:, :4zss:, :4sonic: and im experimenting with :rosalina:
That sounds awesome. But I only have the 3DS version. I also need to git gud with Roy first as well.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Snake is so freaking close right now after today I can taste him.

Roy is a sign fan favorite veterans still have a great chance at returning despite doing nothing (because apparently Lucas wasn't an example enough). Ryu is a sign you can still get in even if your upcoming game is the competition’s killer app (sounds so familiar for some reason).

Constant arguments against him have been 100% invalidated after today thanks to :4ryu:. Slap anyone who say's otherwise.

Using this image again because it fits:

Knux27

Smash Journeyman

Show me yo moves!

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I kinda doubt we will see anymore from smash on tuesday, they probably got all their stuff out of the way right now. But that doesnt mean that things cant happen down the road, i would suspect we will either see some other new characters either later this year or e3 next year.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think there could be some surprises for E3 still now that Roy and Ryu are revealed. For one there's afaik gonna be Star Fox at E3 so that's a good chance to show Wolf off.

As for Snake, I honestly see no other occasion than E3 as the opportune time to show him, assuming he isn't a ballot character (the latter situation may have issues due to Konami's current state of operations). Plus Snake WAS revealed for Brawl at E3 nine years ago so it'd be best to keep up the pattern.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Finally gave in to my "only vote for one guy" in the ballot and threw a vote for Snake, there's no reason to not include him now that Ryu is in.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, since Ryu came bundled with his own stage, I think it goes without question that Snake would come bundled with Shadow Moses and (probably) a Gray Fox AT.

The Wii U version can have pretty much all the tracks from Brawl (except I'd switch out Theme of Tara for some MGR song and make Snake Eater vocal) but which TWO songs would you want for the 3DS version of the stage?

I'd pick Yell Dead Cell or Encounter for the regular fight music to get into the mindset, and Calling to the Night cause of the dramatic touch it adds to fights. I think that song is good for drama ok don't judge me

I feel like I probably asked this before. Welp.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
So, since Ryu came bundled with his own stage, I think it goes without question that Snake would come bundled with Shadow Moses and (probably) a Gray Fox AT.

The Wii U version can have pretty much all the tracks from Brawl (except I'd switch out Theme of Tara for some MGR song and make Snake Eater vocal) but which TWO songs would you want for the 3DS version of the stage?

I'd pick Yell Dead Cell or Encounter for the regular fight music to get into the mindset, and Calling to the Night cause of the dramatic touch it adds to fights. I think that song is good for drama ok don't judge me
Well I'd keep theme of tara since it is an original remix, but Id make snake eater vocal.
For 3ds:
Encounter
Snake Eater

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Song-wise I'd like Cavern and Snake Eater for the 3DS version.

If we get songs replaced in the Wii U version should Snake return, at least one song from Peace Walker should be added.

D

Deleted member

Still keeping my hopes high for Snake and Wolf. Ryu's in, which killed off a previous bad thought i had with the fact recent games for Snake ( and related? ) are on rival consoles ( who REALLY cares now?! Really! ).

Last edited by a moderator:

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
Snake Eater and Theme of Tara. I feel as though this has been mentioned several times over the past few pages and is somewhat of a unanimous favorite -- Calling to the Night must come back. It's one of those songs that naturally belongs on the Wii U; no disrespect to the Smash 3DS version by any means, but a song of that scope wouldn't be done justice through the handheld. To me, it'd feel more fitting hearing it through a larger television set, with greater audio quality. I've got a taste for theatrics when it comes to things like that, so my apologies if I sound like a silly little man.

If anything, I can see there being a tiny bit of Smash news during the E3 Direct. Probably a teaser like Mewtwo in the 50 Fact Extravawowzaganza, though it'll highlight Wolf in conjunction for Star Fox Wii U. Hopefully Snake will be in there somewhere, since he'd be the last Brawl vet to keep us waiting in Smash 4 (disregarding Ice Climbers).

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I would say
Wii U: everything from Brawl + the final boss theme from PW.
3DS: Encounter and Snake Eater.

Fpgi

Smash Rookie
Analyzing the announcements of yesterday i could say Snake chance is pretty high!! If anyone noticed yesterday direct only revealed finished DLC content. They said very little about upcoming except for new Stages.

Thinking a little... all these content were already planned before Smash Ballot started. I say it because Ryu and Roy first files came together with Mewtwo DlC. So they were working in 3 characters at same time in these past few months.

I think Nintendo is working in Smash Ballot (includes Snake for all reasons you guys already said) right now as we speak!

Maybe we will not get an announcement in the next few days... but nothing will stop in the next direct Nintendo saying: ''Snake, Wolf and Ice Climbers are ready to download right now - Take the veterans Dlc pack today"

Also both Roy and Ryu may reinforce Snake return:

Roy- A veteran had a solid fanbase wanting his Return. Snake also has a solid fanbase (jokes apart) wanting his return! Also Snake is 1 veteran from MGS and not 1 veteran from Fire Emblem who already have 4 characters (now 5). I can see now why Sakurai cuts off Chrom.

Ryu- Blow apart almost 100% of anti- Snake arguments. So I am glad he came in. Besides he looks a fun character!!!

So don t give up!!! Keep voting and advertising! Snake time will come!!!

"Snake wii be back.
I'd bet my sweet brown arse on it!''

ExtDoc

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExtDoctor
3DS FC
3626-0833-5755
Switch FC
SW-5883-4164-4801
I think the reason Ryu got in was due to the remake of SF4 for 3DS, even though the next installment of the series will be a PS4 exclusive.

Sound familiar?

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Wow, I was expecting more posts after the latest MGS V trailer. Well we got a release date and the trailer did not air on someone's conference; can this help for tomorrow?

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I'm not gonna watch it. I really haven't seen any MGSV trailer yet (except the very first one, when it was simply called The Phantom Pain and everyone trought it was a surviavl horro game. I've been spoiled of all the other MG, now I want this to be completely new for me!

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I think the reason Ryu got in was due to the remake of SF4 for 3DS, even though the next installment of the series will be a PS4 exclusive.

Sound familiar?
Though unlike Street Fighter V, Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes will be/were also released on systems besides the PS4. The comparison is still valid, though.

Ryu's entrance to Smash might be due to the fact that he's the original fighter, from a game that defined fighting games for decades to come.

ExtDoc

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExtDoctor
3DS FC
3626-0833-5755
Switch FC
SW-5883-4164-4801
Though unlike Street Fighter V, Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes will be/were also released on systems besides the PS4. The comparison is still valid, though.

Ryu's entrance to Smash might be due to the fact that he's the original fighter, from a game that defined fighting games for decades to come.
Maybe so, but I still think Ryu being here helps out Snake quite a bit.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Maybe so, but I still think Ryu being here helps out Snake quite a bit.
Yes it does.

Ryu looks objectively just as "unfitting" as Snake, but is in.

Ryu's present in a time where his main series games haven't touched Nintendo for years.

Ryu confirms third-party DLC.

Points used against Snake.

Which reminds me, @ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones , that section in the OP needs changing since Ryu is a thing. I re-wrote it for you(minus your part, of course).

Also your status is hilariously outdated lol. :seuss:

Ryu's in, that should stop Snake!

Hold up. Ryu in Smash would solidifies Snake's chances. Why?

Street Fighter hasn't had mainline games on Nintendo consoles since Street Fighter 2(not counting ports or spinoffs), and another third party would be joining the cast. Both are reasons commonly used against Snake, i.e relevancy on Nintendo consoles and the doubts of third-party DLC. On top of that, both Ryu and Snake have an upcoming game slated for release on opposing consoles. If that alone didn't stop Ryu, Snake has no reason to be an exception.

So no, Ryu won't stop Snake; he'll help him.

@@Scoliosis Jones: Ryu only proves that 3rd Parties most likely need to have an upper tier gaming star status. A line up of Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu and Snake would be a dream come true for some people. Smash isn't just about Nintendo anymore; it hasn't been since Snake first showed up.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
He was mentioned in a direct?
Yup. In the 50 Fact Extravaganza Direct about Smash Wii U, when they presented the Kid icarus conversations, the started with "We are going to have something like the Snake's codec from Brawl". Now this is quite interesting since:
1) Nintendo probably can't use Snake's name for advertasing things like a dedicated direct...unless they have the permission to use him.
2) Sakurai had never made a directly reference to a cut veteran so esplicit. Look at Mewtwo and Pichu throphies in Brawl, they don't make any reference at their apperance in Melee. The same goes for Lucas, Mewtwo, Pichu, Ivysaur, Wolf, Ice Climbers and Squirtle trophies in Smash 4. The only exception was the Pokemon Trainer trophy, but he wasn't an actual character. With Snake, he not only remebered his presence in Brawl, but also his unique feture of the codec.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Just under an hour to go. Whatever happens, never lose hope: Snake can't keep us waiting forever.

Godspeed. :snake:

Top Bottom