• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I can't bring myself to go back to Brawl and play as Snake.

Not because of graphics or physics, but because it would pain me too much to go back into Smash 4 and not see him there.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I know that feel JamesDNaux, just listening to Nuclear makes me chills that Snake may never comeback, the song is quite sad enough. But the feeling I get from Brawl to Wii U is that I miss the epic feeling and musical themes Brawl had.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Guys, Roy and Ryu have been leaked! And you know what is interesting? Roy have a bandana, Ryu have a bandana...and we always got 3 characters for E3. Probably grasping at straws, but SNAKE HYPE!!

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Guys, Roy and Ryu have been leaked! And you know what is interesting? Roy have a bandana, Ryu have a bandana...and we always got 3 characters for E3. Probably grasping at straws, but SNAKE HYPE!!
Given that they seem to be releasing in the coming update (assuming they don't just delay them) it seems possible to me that another character will be revealed who is coming at a later date.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Given that they seem to be releasing in the coming update (assuming they don't just delay them) it seems possible to me that another character will be revealed who is coming at a later date.
Yeah. I doubt that they don't have a character to announce that will be released in the future (not in this update).

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If we get Snake tomorrow I will heavily reduce speculation on my part.

Snake is one of two huge DLC wishes for me and getting that now would be a dream.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Ryu looks so awesome! He'll keep me satisfied while I wait for Snake.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
E3 2013: :4megaman:, :4wiifit:

E3 2014: :4pacman::4palutena::4mii:

E3 2015: Ryu, :roypm:, ?

I sincerely doubt there's just two characters. There must be someone else that's been kept a secret.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Of course, there is the thing that Lucas and Roy are returning characters and Ryu is the only newcomer. Still I do not know... well last year E3 happened at the start of the World Cup, and when it ended; we got the new FE characters... not sure what to make of that but clearly Sakurai/Nintendo took some of the hype of the WC for Smash. Which I see as an odd coincidence.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
E3 2013: :4megaman:, :4wiifit:

E3 2014: :4pacman::4palutena::4mii:

E3 2015: Ryu, :roypm:, ?

I sincerely doubt there's just two characters. There must be someone else that's been kept a secret.
Or maybe we'll get four if it goes up 2,3,4. Wishful thinking, I know.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys, I now things look bad recently, but I have a plan.

People are saying that Roy, Lucas and Ryu are all coming out together. That's a melee vet, a brawl vet, and a 3rd party character.

Imagine if they did the same thing two months later. Snake could be the 3rd party character, Wolf the brawl vet, and Ice climbers the melee vet.

Basically, what I'm saying is, we should form a alliance with the Wolf and Ice Climbers threads. Who's with me?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
People are saying Ryu doesn't fit in. I'm feeling all nostalgic for Snake.

The headbands aren't helping much.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake

You cant ever please nintendo only fans, the bubble they live in is astounding sometimes. Third party is here to stay, and no character will diminish it as a nintendo history lesson either way.

Glad to see how awesome ryu looks though, but of course with the good comes the bad. Snake comparisons should be a good thing for our cause, but of course they are turning it into a negative "he doesnt fit, but he fits more then snake". Ive also seen one guy claim that snake wouldnt fit because smash wiiu has a different art style, and that they changed brawls art style just to suit snake, and that mgs5 is the last game snake will ever be in......yeah lol.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

Well, they can't do anything about Ryu. He's in the game and their complaints don't matter anymore.
Now if only we could say the same for Snake...

Last edited:

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
I'd honestly be content with The Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Snake as the last of the DLC before the ballot.
Wolf is almost a guaranteed shoe in, no disrespect intended to his fans, but Star Fox at E3, the stars are aligning.
The Ice Climbers, Sakurai had them working on the Wii U version, and I would bet that he has been trying to get them to work on 3DS ever since the game was released.
Snake, things look grim if the ballot is our only hope. I'm not giving up though, I'm just looking at this realistically. If we have to rely on the ballot, we might get outshouted by other fans.
I know Sakurai is Kojima's friend. And I am really hoping that Sakurai and Kojima will combine their trolling powers and announce Snake DLC. Just imagine the insanity of them collaborating on how to troll people with Snake.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
I know Sakurai is Kojima's friend. And I am really hoping that Sakurai and Kojima will combine their trolling powers and announce Snake DLC. Just imagine the insanity of them collaborating on how to troll people with Snake.
Imagine if Snakes already in the game or is patched in the game but he's hiding. Now that's how you troll an audience.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I feel like Wolf, Ice Climbers, and Snake have to be in development. They can't have Roy (a returning clone) and Ryu (another third party), and not have those characters return.

Also i can't blame the data miners for leaking information, even if one data miner kept it to himself, another one wouldn't. Nintendo shouldn't have been foolish to have info for patches left in the game and just expect it to be hidden. They had to know about data miners.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I honestly don't know what to say about all this. I'm super hyped for E3, but this is one of the most…unpredictable moments for us. Snake could easily be revealed or not. As I always have though, I'm pulling for Snake.

If Snake is revealed along with Ryu that would be so perfect
The bara bandana trio would be completed...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm watching footage of Ryu and he looks so hilariously out of place that I want to slap anyone that says that about Snake now.

My drive to fight for Snake has returned. Let's do this.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Honestly, I don't think anyone can look out of place in Smash. Every series is vastly different in art style. Put Kirby next to Shulk. The vastly different characters are part of what makes Smash great.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I think were grasping for straws here with the Headbands.. Tomorrow is the Smash Direct! Everybody could be expecting something about Roy and Ryu but Sakurai could completely throw us off guard like he did with Robin and Lucina!

We just have to keep waiting for our Tactical Espionage Hero is announced :snake:

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Wolf, Ice Climbers, and Snake have to be in development. They can't have Roy (a returning clone) and Ryu (another third party), and not have those characters return.

Also i can't blame the data miners for leaking information, even if one data miner kept it to himself, another one wouldn't. Nintendo shouldn't have been foolish to have info for patches left in the game and just expect it to be hidden. They had to know about data miners.
Actually, yes they can. All of this content is extra. Wolf is definitely in development, a new Star Fox game, of course Wolf is coming as DLC. Ice Climbers and Snake are the long shots in all of this.

And I have a crazy theory that Nintendo purposely leaked this information. How does Nintendo put up that update a full 28 hours early? If it wasn't around E3 I'd say it was a mistake. But it is around E3, and everyone else has been releasing information early, releasing an update for say 5-10 minutes, knowing some people would download it and leak it. Why? Nintendo stole today as their day for DLC to be talked about. They garnered more publicity this way than by announcing Lucas like they did in the April 1st Nintendo Direct. I bet more people will turn in for the Smash update tomorrow than they did before.

Of course I could be entirely wrong, because this is Nintendo, and they really do not want to leak anything, which is why I called it a crazy theory.

Also, has anyone else not seen the videos yet?
I purposely haven't watched any pre E3 leaked videos, so I can't wait to see the Smash Direct in a bit under 12 hours.

Last edited:

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
That's quite the strange triple post.
I'm posting on from my tablet, which for some reason, just does not want to work properly with Smashboards when I try to post.
I can't even type in the text box without the cursor moving from the end to the middle of a word, all on its own. This has lead me to type in a different program, and then copy paste my posts.
Smashboards showed it only registered myself pressing Control V once, but I pressed it 3 times. When I pressed post, it only showed my post once inside the box, Apparently it lagged long enough to put two more in there while I pressed send.

When is the EST Smash Direct tomorrow?
It is 10:40 AM EST. Lucas is available at 11 AM EST. Lucas was already confirmed to be released at that time.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm honestly not expecting a third character in this presentation, much less Snake.

But we've been surprised before, so I'll be cautiously optimistic.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I could easily see a "we have these done, here's one we're doing now" thing like with Lucas during Mewtwo's reveal.

itsmeMOB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
itsmeMOB
I should've joined this when I joined. I mained him in Brawl, and seeing all of these returners come back is giving me hope for Snake.

But I really doubt it.

Regardless, I will still push for him as future DLC.

GIVE US SNAKE! I'm in.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Not getting my hopes too high today, but I really want him to be shown.(Or maybe show a hint like a cardboard box, that would be enough.)

Last edited:

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Not fair.

I couldn't really sleep last night, just for an hour, awake up, and this continued for 6 hours. During one of my brief dreams, Snake was announced.

Top Bottom