• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Was Hamtaro not considered popular in the West? That anime was a big chunk of my childhood. The GBC game too.
I think it was popular but it shortly died out, I only remember it being on Cartoon Network when I was maybe 3 or 4 but it felt like it died out afterwards, plus it did much better in Japan with a lot of episodes and videogames never getting localized over here; apparently ratings were dwindling on CN so they stopped production. I think my family had a VHS tape with a couple or so episodes but sadly we lost it...

However I still have Ham Ham Heartbreak and Rainbow Rescue to this day, sadly they don't work anymore and so I have to emulate.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
One thing that confuses me a lot is the fact Sakurai expressed interest on putting CGi character trailers to an end sometime after Joker's reveal.... Just to keep making them after that character.

Nothing bad with any of the choices, just odd to see such a sudden change of thought that gives his team more work.
An independent team animates the trailers, not DLC development team. It's only extra work for Sakurai.

When did he talked about not doing CGI trailers anymore? I don't recall this at all.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
When did he talked about not doing CGI trailers anymore? I don't recall this at all.
he's definitely said somewhere (possibly famitsu?) post-joker something along the lines of 'i'm not sure if we'll be able to keep doing CG trailers for the rest of the fighter's pass'

of course that turned out to be a lie

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Its a bad thing because he has a history of being abusive and manipulative. It's not just allegations either, he's admitted to it. He's not someone who should be supported.
Did a quick Google search and found the apology.
19DF4A14-AB3E-4F68-92C5-FD1B1F760124.jpeg

Just borrowing this real quick, Noi...
What the ****? I didn’t read every single individual apology, but just knowing that he’s been abusive like this is already pretty *****y. And on top of this, he’s just bringing up his own issues. This post isn’t about his issues, it’s about the issues others have had with him. When he says that he isn’t trying to play victim. That doesn’t excuse the fact that he’s still playing that card.

D

Deleted member

An independent team animates the trailers, not DLC development team. It's only extra work for Sakurai.

If I remember correctly, he talked about the idea of stopping to use the CGi parts after replying a question regarding how Joker's reveal was different from past Ultimate reveals due to the use of 2D animation instead of CGi.

osby

Smash Obsessed
he's definitely said somewhere (possibly famitsu?) post-joker something along the lines of 'i'm not sure if we'll be able to keep doing CG trailers for the rest of the fighter's pass'

Not necessarily, we don't know if they'll be able to give every character one.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

It's not really a lie. More like a "I'm not sure" means literally what it says. He was unsure. He was still able to keep up. Clearly it's not easy, which is more the point he's making. And he's right. Animations like this takes ton of time. It's why the SSE took more than half of Brawl's development time.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
If I remember correctly, he talked about the idea of stopping to use the CGi parts after replying a question regarding how Joker's reveal was different from past Ultimate reveals due to the use of 2D animation instead of CGi.
Honestly, I think that Joker’s trailer being animated in 2D was the best approach. If they made it in a 3D engine, it really wouldn’t have had that Persona 5 flair.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not necessarily, we don't know if they'll be able to give every character one.
True.

And maybe the Hero and Banjo trailers were being worked on before he made that choice.

Honestly, I think that Joker’s trailer being animated in 2D was the best approach. If this made it in a 3D engine, it really wouldn’t have had that Persona 5 flair.
I agree.

CGi would not have worked as well with the character.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
If Sans doesn’t get a full CG trailer I’m calling John Nintendo
"Sans is rendered to look like exactly as he is in Undertale, like Mr. Game & Watch and Sheriff. This was done to preserve his home series' unique art style, please understand."

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is a little disappoint, but at least we get this story to begin with:

D

Deleted member

I would unironically love to see Sans in.

More so with the music he could bring.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
CG trailers for each character furthers my assumption that they're going all out for the Fighter Pass and there'll be no season 2

Rogueport or Delfino Plaza. Which do you pick?
Much as I love Delfino Plaza, it's gotta be Rogueport. It's such a weird location for a Mario hub world: in PM64, you've got a happy go lucky Toad settlement. In TTYD, you've got a crime-ridden hellhole run by rival gangs where the town centre is marked by a noose and where Mario gets mugged five minutes after he arrives. Oh, and it's built on the ruins of an ancient civilisation. And its music is an absolute banger.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
CG trailers for each character furthers my assumption that they're going all out for the Fighter Pass and there'll be no season 2

Much as I love Delfino Plaza, it's gotta be Rogueport. It's such a weird location for a Mario hub world: in PM64, you've got a happy go lucky Toad settlement. In TTYD, you've got a crime-ridden hellhole run by rival gangs where the town centre is marked by a noose and where Mario gets mugged five minutes after he arrives. Oh, and it's built on the ruins of an ancient civilisation. And it's music is an absolute banger.
So in a crossover, you'd be okay with missing Delfino Plaze (meaning nothing from Sunshine) and getting Rogueport?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think it was popular but it shortly died out, I only remember it being on Cartoon Network when I was maybe 3 or 4 but it felt like it died out afterwards, plus it did much better in Japan with a lot of episodes and videogames never getting localized over here; apparently ratings were dwindling on CN so they stopped production. I think we had a VHS tape with a couple or so episodes but sadly we lost it...

However I still have Ham Ham Heartbreak and Rainbow Rescue to this day, sadly they don't work anymore and so I have to emulate.
Brooo, Ham Ham Heartbreak is my jam

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hot take but I think Frisk should get in instead of Sans. Frisk could represent Undertale’s themes and gameplay better than Sans could. Sans is just the mascot sorta.
More than getting Frisk over Sans, I feel that any of the two are equally great to have.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That won’t work

You gotta go directly to Mr. John Nintendo himself and demand answers
If Sakurai doesn't explain why my fave fictional character didn't make it to Mario Punches Kirby in the Face, I'll personally attack Nintendo Headquarters.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
So in a crossover, you'd be okay with missing Delfino Plaze (meaning nothing from Sunshine) and getting Rogueport?
Potentially yeah, especially as Paper Mario doesn't get many references in other Nintendo games. And while a Sunshine level in a hypothetical Mario Odyssey 2 would be great, I'd probably be equally as happy with a 3D reimagining of Rogueport, cos I love TTYD so much.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Assist Trophy Concept: Fuzzy
Abilities: Whenever you summon it, all of Pikachu’s voice lines are done by Kate Bristol.

I’m hoping that someone here understood that joke.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Bipolar is both a mental disorder and an adjective that describes two opposite extremities. :nifty: Sorry if using the word bipolar ruined your entire night but frankly I didn't do anything wrong. I'm not being unfair, I'm using the adjective the way it's supposed to be used.

View attachment 232248
Then perhaps this article will help you understand why it's not really as appropriate as it seems. Google definition isn't always right though.

I should be finishing up the main storyline of Colosseum tonight. Maybe Black as well since my team are at Level 50 before the sixth gym

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
If Sakurai doesn't explain why my fave fictional character didn't make it to Mario Punches Kirby in the Face, I'll personally attack Nintendo Headquarters.
Might as well get the Phantom Thieves to join you and take their hearts

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'll be honest, I'm starting to think they may be seeing the main Pokémon games as a side-thing instead of the main point of the franchise.

While I still love the franchise including the main games, and I still want to play them, it feels weird with it seeming like they're not putting as much funding and effort into the main games as they could. I don't expect them to make unique animations for each attack for over 1,000 pokemanz, but still, I'm seeing where some of the guys on Youtube and Twitter are coming from. Maybe they should've left 3D to the console series...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom