• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

dangit noipoi i wish i was able to put my motivation into words like you do lol
I could do it too.

But I would likely end up looking like a prick or annoying person for talking too much about how great my life is going.

Because I’ve met many people who really despise to see anyone doing better than themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Gentlepanda:
she's an atlus rerelease girl, it's basically guaranteed
Also Gentlepanda:
she's become too powerful

View attachment 232202
Crash is my next prediction

I’m probably wrong but we’ll see
I don't have many predictions, but I'm betting on Crash and Heihachi. They're both iconic characters, and they fit with the ongoing trend of 3rd party characters. They always kinda felt like no-brainers to me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m not really betting on any character for the next two fighters, but rather wait while checking if Crash is by some miracle one of both.

Ultimate is so awesome the way it already is that I’m honestly fine with whoever else comes next even if I don’t really have interest.

osby

Smash Obsessed
What if Kasumi is a terribly written character?
Considering the Social Links FES, Portable and Golden added were mediocre at worst, I heavily doubt it.

Marie has a bad reputation in Western fandom, but I think people overrate the how uneven her writing is because "tsundere" and "bad poetry".

I still expect Kasumi to have rather weak connections to the party, but that's not too different than, say, Haru.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Considering the Social Links FES, Portable and Golden added were mediocre at worst, I heavily doubt it.

Marie has a bad reputation in Western fandom, but I think people overrate the how uneven her writing is because "tsundere" and "bad poetry".

I still expect Kasumi to have rather weak connections to the party, but that's not too different than, say, Haru.
I do feel Haru should've had a stronger connection to the party, but I feel they rush her part of the story and onwards. Sounds like either her or Kasumi will be the last member to join the team. But with the game being fleshed out to 3 semesters, I can feel Haru having a stronger bond

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
THAT I JUST [REDACTED] ON!
No idea if I even needed to redact that.
Better be safe than sorry, also, I think this word is redacted worthy.

Also, happy birthday Aurane Aurane ! The ?!%# Gang is still better,:ultridley: but hey
0aa.gif

Still wish you the best.

Also, @JDCabrera , here ya go.
Eight 7.gif

You wanted that, right?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I do feel Haru should've had a stronger connection to the party, but I feel they rush her part of the story and onwards. Sounds like either her or Kasumi will be the last member to join the team. But with the game being fleshed out to 3 semesters, I can feel Haru having a stronger bond
The biggest problem with Haru's character development is that the writers decided to skim over her story of being sold off by her father to some sleazy bachelor and instead focus on Morgana and Ryuji having petty arguement #273.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The biggest problem with Haru's character development is that the writers decided to skim over her story of being sold off by her father to some sleazy bachelor and instead focus on Morgana and Ryuji having petty arguement #273.
As much as I like Morgana, I don't think Haru's story should have suffered because of Morgana's arc going on at the same time. All this time we've been getting used to each section focusing on one character at a time, and then suddenly we get two characters at a time, and it becomes unorganized.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Reminder that Disney didn’t care that much about The Lion King and thought Pocahontas would be their gigantic, Monumental hit movie.

osby

Smash Obsessed
As much as I like Morgana, I don't think Haru's story should have suffered because of Morgana's arc going on at the same time. All this time we've been getting used to each section focusing on one character at a time, and then suddenly we get two characters at a time, and it becomes unorganized.
While I agree... it's also a good thing that Haru and Morgana teamed up, because it's literally the only meaningful relationship she had in the party aside from her Confidant with Joker.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
While I agree... it's also a good thing that Haru and Morgana teamed up, because it's literally the only meaningful relationship she had in the party aside from her Confidant with Joker.
That is true. I didn't really think about that. Honestly, I think that if they had a good balance between Haru's story and Haru's relationships, she could have been a better character.
Is that Greg Universe?
None of those are.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
To be fair, Yusuke joins you on the second mission, and the only meaningful relationships he has is Joker and to a lesser extent, Ann.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Looks at Marie
Then we would already have precedent.
I loved Marie despite being a clearly underdeveloped character added for the sake of existing, but she was her own weird person trying to figure out her existence. While she wasn't terribly well written or implemented into the game... but she thematically worked really well with the rest of Persona 4 and it was an interesting decision to have a character so intrinsically linked to the Velvet Room. Execution may have left some things to be desired at times, but she was honestly one of my favorite characters in Persona 4 Golden.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Looks like it.

Idrc about Undertale. Or it’s anagrams.
Imagine calling a game an anagram.
Reminder that Disney didn’t care that much about The Lion King and thought Pocahontas would be their gigantic, Monumental hit movie.
The moment you stop caring about a production is the moment the production starts taking a turn for the worse. Maybe Mulan will be better, though.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Looks like it.

Idrc about Undertale. Or it’s anagrams.
It's acutally the sequel to Undertale, named Deltarune.

Yeah, very original I know, but it does make sense thematic-wise.

also, Susie is best girl, and if you don't think so.
litu13xzi7y11 (1).png

Then get HIT with those D̸̛̻̫̜̟̫̳̮͚̖̰̫̗̩͂̒̄̈́Á̴̦̼̰̣͕̳̫͖̅̆̈̇̏̉̓̏̈́̈̐͝͝B̸̢͉͈̥̗͇͚̝̓̽ͅS̸̢̛̫̠̩̜̘̝̮͍̜͍̙͑̆͛͗͆̂̿̐͒̊̈́̈́͜͝

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
And ironically Lion King was probably better for it. Pocahontas was heavily micromanaged while Lion King had more relative freedom, which allowed them to deliver a more popular product while their intended golden goose ended up falling short.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

View attachment 232303
Then get HIT with those DABS
I don't care how hard she dabs. She looks like Steven Universe's dad in the flashback sequences.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 232303
Then get HIT with those D̸̛̻̫̜̟̫̳̮͚̖̰̫̗̩͂̒̄̈́Á̴̦̼̰̣͕̳̫͖̅̆̈̇̏̉̓̏̈́̈̐͝͝B̸̢͉͈̥̗͇͚̝̓̽ͅS̸̢̛̫̠̩̜̘̝̮͍̜͍̙͑̆͛͗͆̂̿̐͒̊̈́̈́͜͝
Ah, so you, too, are a man of culture.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of DR, I discovered I can do a crappy Jevil impression but it’s pretty fun so I can’t stop.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

View attachment 232303
Nice to see that we have another Deltarune fan here.
I'm not very involved in the community. The most involvement I had was doing voice over for Lancer and Jevil in fan projects.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom