• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Still can't believe the Godzilla and Dragon Quest crossover happened for real, holy ****.

D

Deleted member

It's 4am and I can't find any rest. I keep wondering what it is I'm doing wrong in life. I hope I'll at least be able to fall asleep, soon...

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Yeah can't sleep.

"One is the loneliest sleeper he'll ever be....."

Sing us a song guys for the night calls.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
@JDCabrera how do you feel about Spider-Man being exclusive to the PS4 version of Avengers 2020?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
It's 4am and I can't find any rest. I keep wondering what it is I'm doing wrong in life. I hope I'll at least be able to fall asleep, soon...
I've seen you distressed much lately. How are you feeling right now? Any better? Or worse, God forbid?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How do you think Sakurai would approach a Wonderful 101 character in Smash?
Make them fighter 101 obviously.
But I don’t think it would be that hard.

Wonder Red has a down special in which random people he saves will follow him around the battle. You get a max of five because of the main characters in that story equally five. If they are following Red he deals more damage but is slower.

If he is hit he loses a person. Occasionally this move can summon Wonder Blue, Pink, Green, or yellow. They work differently. They will use their signature weapon once if summoned and leave.Rewarding you for staying close to the opponent at times.

Red would many use punches but like Bayonetta his goal is to combo with aerials.

Up special, Wonder Jump, down aerial after using this could make for a big punch down where he lands.

Side Special: Red dashed towards a opponent uppercutting them, like little mac’s but better and faster with no charge. It’s like an extended dash attack.

Charged Smash attacks would become Unite Hand and make for great combo potential. Faster but weaker then Bayonnetas.

Final Smash: Unite Up. Red is joined by as many people as they can fit in that special animation as they all style on the opponent with different attacks.

That’s my take on how he could play. I don’t think it’s to hard to incorporate him into smash.

D

Deleted member

Guess who's participating in the largest Them's Fightin' Herds Tournament to date this coming Saturday

This guy right here

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So remember the drawing I showed off a while back?

I caved in and drew a background
15965124208181031037180514441654.jpg

Obviously not finished, but here's the progress so far.

I wish the camera didn't make part of my drawing look so light...

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Shoutout to the kid that gave me a panic attack because he convinced me that I had missed the first day of school and that it’s impossible that I signed up for the online classes (which start at a later date) because those were discontinued by the school system.

I love ya

D

Deleted member

"Break...... Silence!"

10:30. I'll get up now. How's everyone doing?
I just woke up lol. Hopefully gonna start getting irl footage for my next vid and see how Gredora's gonna work with the Cradle markers. But that's about it.

D

Deleted member

I've seen you distressed much lately. How are you feeling right now? Any better? Or worse, God forbid?
Thanks for asking, but no, not really. It's just, I really wanna know what I'm doing wrong in my life to be cursed to always be alone. No one ever tells me anything, I just get left behind. It's just demotivating, you try over and over to get out of your shell and all of that for nothing. I want to be more social, I really do, but it's incredibly hard when you've always been overlooked your entire life.

At least I found a game on eBay I've been searching for for a while now. So that's something, I guess.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Thanks for asking, but no, not really. It's just, I really wanna know what I'm doing wrong in my life to be cursed to always be alone. No one ever tells me anything, I just get left behind. It's just demotivating, you try over and over to get out of your shell and all of that for nothing. I want to be more social, I really do, but it's incredibly hard when you've always been overlooked your entire life.

At least I found a game on eBay I've been searching for for a while now. So that's something, I guess.
That's real tough. What friend groups do you have?

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

I used to be just like you. Sometimes it just takes a while to find the right friends, Don't give up!

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

I’d say you need a therapist to work out your current social problems. Ever considered it before?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I find it funny that Zurg is one of the most popular characters when he was the comedic villian (and not even that important) in 2, and barely did anything for the rest of the series.

Was it the Buzz Lightyear TV show that did it? I'm gonna go with that.

Dutch Raikuna

Well I just had a walk of ghosts to say the least. Went to get my dad a birthday card and ran into three people I knew. One of my estranged aunts (oh no), one of my classmates from a year ago (our conversations are still as smooth as ever) and a tutor I had in my training centre (which apparently could be shut).

Thankfully on the first one, the shopkeeper gave me an out. He was like "Card Shop!" and I was replied "aw yes I remember now." and bolted out of there faster than a bullet.

I know the feeling all too well and I experience it very frequently, It's a long process and I know what it's like to be alone. You wish there was certain rules of engagement but there isn't. I want to do things with friends that my siblings always got to do but I never did.

Still I made a big step in joining here and getting over the "no online friends barrier" and now there are about five people at least who I would consider good friends from this place. Hopefully you will see better days like I hope to again.

To exclusivity............................and beyond!

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I find it funny that Zurg is one of the most popular characters when he was the comedic villian (and not even that important) in 2, and barely did anything for the rest of the series.

Probably just riding on Darth Vader’s popularity.

D

Deleted member

That's real tough. What friend groups do you have?
I don't, that's the thing, It's always been hard to get friends for me and when I do, I can't keep them, no matter how much I try. One guy got really addicted to WoW and thus didn't have time for anything else anymore, another only had eyes for his football practice (both playing himself and coaching others, so double duty), another moved away one day without saying a word. Others were more acquaintances than friends. So after a while you just give up and stop trying to make plans when all you get are rejections, ya know? Doesn't help no one ever reached out and invited me to something, which stings as well. All of that combined, in addition to my mother being a consummate liar, really messed me up. I cut her out of my life ~15 years ago, but the damage is done. I mean, if you can't trust the people you thought were your friends nor your own family (my mother is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to my family), then who can you trust? Just once I wanna feel like I belong somewhere and not just simply tolerated, for lack of better word. Yet past experiences have made me scared to reach out, without being seen as a bother or a convenient time waster when there's no one else.

You'd think it would be somewhat easier here thanks to a lot of shared interests due to the nature of the site. But seemingly not for me, it's like I'm cursed.

I used to be just like you. Sometimes it just takes a while to find the right friends, Don't give up!
I hope so, thanks. But as luck would have it, the only person I could consider a friend I can rarely see due to distance.

I’d say you need a therapist to work out your current social problems. Ever considered it before?
Yeah, funny story about that. When I visited one late last year, he told me he isn't a therapist... despite it being on his business card. So he just gave me some happy pills, as I call them and that's it, utterly confusing me. Well and shortly afterwards Corona happened, which makes it more or less impossible to find something unless you're already a patient.

Dutch Raikuna

I don't, that's the thing, It's always been hard to get friends for me and when I do, I can't keep them, no matter how much I try. One guy got really addicted to WoW and thus didn't have time for anything else anymore, another only had eyes for his football practice (both playing himself and coaching others, so double duty), another moved away one day without saying a word. Others were more acquaintances than friends. So after a while you just give up and stop trying to make plans when all you get are rejections, ya know? Doesn't help no one ever reached out and invited me to something, which stings as well. All of that combined, in addition to my mother being a consummate liar, really messed me up. I cut her out of my life ~15 years ago, but the damage is done. I mean, if you can't trust the people you thought were your friends nor your own family (my mother is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to my family), then who can you trust? Just once I wanna feel like I belong somewhere and not just simply tolerated, for lack of better word. Yet past experiences have made me scared to reach out, without being seen as a bother or a convenient time waster when there's no one else.

You'd think it would be somewhat easier here thanks to a lot of shared interests due to the nature of the site. But seemingly not for me, it's like I'm cursed.
I hope so, thanks. But as luck would have it, the only person I could consider a friend I can rarely see due to distance.
Yeah, funny story about that. When I visited one late last year, he told me he isn't a therapist... despite it being on his business card. So he just gave me some happy pills, as I call them and that's it, utterly confusing me. Well and shortly afterwards Corona happened, which makes it more or less impossible to find something unless you're already a patient.
Again I know this all too well.

And I was about to go into Cognitive Therapy to help my mental problems but the pandemic hit.

Really without this crowd, my story and my IRL friends, I think it would have been the breaking point for me and fully depressed, drinking and such. Gotta keep finding your way out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Still I made a big step in joining here and getting over the "no online friends barrier" and now there are about five people at least who I would consider good friends from this place. Hopefully you will see better days like I hope to again.
I mean it with all sincerity when I say good job, especially in such a relatively short time frame (December 2019, according to your bio). I wish I could do the same, heh...

D

Deleted member

The Buzz Lightyear TV show had Zurg as the main villain, yes.

Also a very underrated show.

D

Deleted member

Really without this crowd, my story and my IRL friends, I think it would have been the breaking point for me and fully depressed, drinking and such. Gotta keep finding your way out.
I guess that's one good thing about me, I'm stubborn. No matter how bad things get, there are still strict rules I set myself, no matter what. Among them a strict no drinking nor smoking one and I don't intend to ever break that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom