• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I thought this was a joke post about if the Nerd talked about My Horse Prince.

One Youtube search later and wait it’s real?!
Unfortunately so. It feels he hit the bottom of the barrel in terms if crappy retro games sk know he has to do the modern ones and... yeah...

His positive retrospectives are still bangers tho.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
there ain’t no party like a party with MIKU!

Coachella didn’t show her flat like Game & Watch this time, though the camera cut out a few times for a moment each :S

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
there ain’t no party like a party with MIKU!

Coachella didn’t show her flat like Game & Watch this time, though the camera cut out a few times for a moment each :S
This reminds me. We really need a new Game & Watch Gallery. Every Game & Watch game with modern and retro modes in a 2D art style on the switch. It would rock.

StormC

Smash Hero
This reminds me. We really need a new Game & Watch Gallery. Every Game & Watch game with modern and retro modes in a 2D art style on the switch. It would rock.
It would be cool if they found a way to expand the single player offerings as well. Some sort of way to tie all the games together into a mode or something.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I still can't believe FGO is how we're going to have Saber, Arcueid, Shiki, and Aoko in the same game after all these years.

You'd think Melty Blood would (and should) have done it first.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Killer Instinct 2013 is still one of the best fighting games ever made. I can’t explain how hype it was if you were there while it was in active development and new characters were coming out regularly. Microsoft would be a bunch of idiots to not do another one.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I heard my name called?

My laptop got fixed so I am here again, very sorry to the Total Drama dislikers out there
I really want an in universe Total Drama spinoff that's all about Chris's personal life and it's like... part Cribs, part Keeping up with the Kardashians, Part TMZ, part every trashy "celebrity life" reality show that exists.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I really want to play Metal Gear Rising again but my dinosaur PS3 doesn't take discs anymore and I don't have a PC strong enough to run games :drsad:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I really want an in universe Total Drama spinoff that's all about Chris's personal life and it's like... part Cribs, part Keeping up with the Kardashians, Part TMZ, part every trashy "celebrity life" reality show that exists.
Funny that you mention trashy celebrity life shows. The finale of the second season was a special modeled off those kinds of shows that showed what the campers were up to, like Gwen and Heather butting heads on their blogs and Beth and Lindsay going to jail in France. Though it did stray from that eventually to set up for World Tour.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
While I was away, I started pondering on my Love type, and I got hit with an idea. I ordinarily had it as simply resistant to Dark and resisted by Psychic...but what if I went the extra mile?

With that, behold my matchup chart for the Love type:
1713632020112.png

Above: Offensive
Below: Defensive

So now Psychic has a type it has a BIG advantage over. I think this is fair as Psychic has kinda been suffering a lot in the past few gens in terms of viability, and here it becomes a counter to a potentially REALLY-good type. The same goes for Poison and Bug as well.

In terms of theming, Psychic is immune to Love because it represents how highly intelligent and calm beings are immune to the temptations of love and thus are not swayed by intense bursts of emotion driven by romantic feelings. Mind over heart! Meanwhile, Love is immune to Dark as it represents how The Power of Love triumphs over evil in pretty much all forms of media.

I'm curious to know your thoughts, and which Pokemon would benefit or suffer most from the Love type's addition.

Poor Kingambit.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Something I'm thinking about - we got Super Mario Party in 2018, and MP Superstars in 2021. That's a three year gap - and it's been another three years. Do you think we're getting another Mario Party this year?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
While I was away, I started pondering on my Love type, and I got hit with an idea. I ordinarily had it as simply resistant to Dark and resisted by Psychic...but what if I went the extra mile?

With that, behold my matchup chart for the Love type:
View attachment 388222
Above: Offensive
Below: Defensive

So now Psychic has a type it has a BIG advantage over. I think this is fair as Psychic has kinda been suffering a lot in the past few gens in terms of viability, and here it becomes a counter to a potentially REALLY-good type. The same goes for Poison and Bug as well.

In terms of theming, Psychic is immune to Love because it represents how highly intelligent and calm beings are immune to the temptations of love and thus are not swayed by intense bursts of emotion driven by romantic feelings. Mind over heart! Meanwhile, Love is immune to Dark as it represents how The Power of Love triumphs over evil in pretty much all forms of media.

I'm curious to know your thoughts, and which Pokemon would benefit or suffer most from the Love type's addition.

Poor Kingambit.
I’d love to see your list of pokemon who would retroactively get this type applied to them.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Something I'm thinking about - we got Super Mario Party in 2018, and MP Superstars in 2021. That's a three year gap - and it's been another three years. Do you think we're getting another Mario Party this year?
There still isn't a holiday game set for this year, a new Mario Party could fill that void. It's a big name while also being a low stakes release that'll get them some extra dough while everyone is waiting for the next console.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Pro tip, by directly acknowledging people who do this, you give them exactly what they want: Attention. Next time, please don't comment on it
I actually was aiming to say that one thing. Nothing more. That's it. It is not like I planned to talk to this guy directly, anyway.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I’d love to see your list of pokemon who would retroactively get this type applied to them.
These are some of the old Pokemon I think would get the Love type:
  • Kangaskhan (bassed on parental love)
  • Happiny, Chansey and Blissey (the HAPPINESS POKEMON)
  • Ditto (This Pokemon is pretty heavily used for breeding, so it makes sense that it's tied to love in some form)
  • Meganium (Its flower gives off a scent that soothes and calms people's emotions, making them happy. Spreading happiness is a good ringer for love types in my book. Plus it's a super kind Pokemon in general.)
  • Plusle and Minun (They love each other AND love their friends very deeply.)
  • Roselia and Roserade (maybe Budew as well. Roses are very heavily associated with romance after all)
  • Luvdisc (I mean...duh)
  • Audino (It's a caring Pokemon that is usually associated with Pokemon healthcare, just like Chansey.)
  • Woobat and Swoobat (This is a pretty obvious one too with its theming and use of Heart Stamp. Plus I never got why it was Psychic anyway lol)
  • Alolamola (Again, it's a caring and gentle Pokemon who helps others at every chance it gets.)
  • Comfey (Much of the same reasons as Meganium, plus it could also represent gifts of flowers to lovers.)
  • Enamorus (And another obvious one.)

Top Bottom