• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Has anyone played any good Indie games lately?

Doesn't matter if they're more well-known games that were a big hit or a lesser known games.
I just beat Freedom Planet 2 today and I can comfortably say it's my frontrunner for the best game I've played in 2024. It beat out Super Mario Bros Wonder and Master Detective Archives: Rain Code. I can easily recommend both Freedom Planet games. Not to mention both games have awesome soundtracks.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Thinking about the Conker moveset I’m going to make and it’s got me wondering what the lowest age rating is where you can include a character peeing and pooping on screen.

Shroob

Sup?
It's kinda funny they're advertising SMT Vengeance is promoted as having "270 demons!"

And we already know 267 or 268 of them.

Wonder if there are any hidden ones.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I still wish they'd bring back Guitar Hero with a remake of Guitar Hero 1-3. They should bring back the 5-button guitar controller and the full band, and compile a setlist of all the best songs from all three games (and maybe Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks The 80s and Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (minus the Aerosmith songs, unfortunately). Of course, there'd be licensing issues involved with the music.

I also still wish Konami would bring DDR back to home consoles with a remake of DDR, DDRMAX 1&2 and DDR Extreme 1&2 and compile a list of all the best Konami Original songs, Dancemania and other licensed songs. But again... licensing issues.

Oh, and they could also add in new songs, of course.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
The latest issue of CoroCoro magazine has dropped and we actually got new info on Pokémon Legends: Z-A

View attachment 387928View attachment 387927

Translated details:

View attachment 387929
So it looks like the city’s gonna be crawling with Pokemon. Makes sense, considering we need to catch them somehow. I wonder if the city is really underdeveloped, with several areas that are more like fields than actual civilization.

Also, apparently the thing about news next month might be a mistranslation. So who knows when we’ll get more info.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, at least Megadoomer Megadoomer was interested. So here is my Smash moveset for The Battletoads!
Super Smash Bros Battletoads Moveset

Appearance: Using the body shape and art style from Battletoads Arcade and Killer Instinct (2013) but with the additional costume elements added to each Toad in Battletoads 2020.

NameDescription
Neutral attack Each Toad’s respective normal combo from Battletoads Arcade
Forward tilt Nuclear KnucklesThe 'toad links his fists above his head and smashes them down on an enemy, his hands enlarging as he delivers the attack.
Up tilt JawbusterAn attack from the original Battletoads, shared by all three. The 'toad throws an uppercut with a giant fist.
Down tilt Big Bad BootAn attack from the original Battletoads, shared by all three. The 'toad's foot turns into a giant boot to deliver a kick.
Dash attack Battering Ram/Battledozer/ Charge n' Barge
  • Rash: Rash sprouts ram horns as he headbutts an enemy.
  • Zitz: Zitz's arms merge and transform into a spiked bulldozer as he charges.
  • Pimple: Pimple charges into an enemy, generating a giant football helmet and shoulder pads as he hits them with a headbutt.
Forward smash Ball n' Chain/Jet Boosters/BT Big Hammer
  • Rash: Rash delivers a leg sweep or a roundhouse kick in which his foot turns into a spiked ball on a chain.
  • Zitz: From Battletoads (2020), Zitz transforms both hands into large jet turbines and blasts a laser bolt from them.
  • Pimple: Pimple's arm turns into a sledge hammer which he swings at an enemy.
Up smash Kiss-My-Fist/Rocky Uppercut
  • Rash: The original Kiss My Fist from Battletoads NES.
  • Zitz: Zitz's variant on the move adds spikes on his knuckles, causing extra damage.
  • Pimple: Pimple's variation on the "Kiss-My-Fist" technique. His fist turns to stone during the uppercut, hitting enemies much harder.
Down smash Steel Claw Strike/ Drilla Killa/Wun-Tun Stomp
  • Rash: Rash turns his hands into steel claws and the proceeds to swipe attack downwards.
  • Zitz: Zitz's arm turns into a drill that he stabs into the ground.
  • Pimple: Pimple's leg turns into a one-ton weight when he stomps the ground.
Neutral aerial
  • Rash: Rash’s spike ball form from Battletoads Arcade’s Jetpack segment.
  • Zitz: Zitz’s buzzsaw form from Battletoads Arcade’s Jetpack segment.
  • Pimple: Pimple’s Boulder form from Battletoads Arcade’s Jetpack segment.
Forward aerial Flying Battleaxe/Turbo Thwack/Kitchen Sink
  • Rash: A jump kick in which Rash's foot turns into a giant axe.
  • Zitz: Zitz’s attack from the Jetpack segment of Battletoads Arcade
  • Pimple: Pimple’s in air attack from Battletoads (2020), a quick strike from a brick wall fist, then a mace fist, and then a sink.
Back aerial Swingin' Size ThirteensAn attack from the first game’s Turbo Cable segment, the Toad quickly turns around and kicks behind him with enlarged feet.
Up aerial Rising Giga FistAn upward variation of Kiss-My-Fist.
Down aerial Copter Kick/Soarin' Sawblade/Anvil Swipe
  • Rash: Rash’s attack from the Jetpack segment of Battletoads Arcade.
  • Zitz: A buzzsaw emerges from Zitz's leg in midair.
  • Pimple: Pimple's fist turns into an anvil while delivering an attack in midair.
Grab A one-handed grab similar to grabbing large foes in Battletoads Arcade
Pummel A one-handed pummel similar to the attack dine after grabbing large foes in Battletoads Arcade.
Forward throw By-By Axley!Based on each Toad’s animation for defeating Axley in Battletoads (2020). Rash using a golf club and Zitz using a football cleat. However, to avoid Pimple repeating himself, he uses his Train Charge animation from elsewhere in the game.
Back throw Take Out the TrashThe 'toad grabs an enemy and hurls them to the ground.
Up throw Toad Volley.Each Toad’s volley animation from Battletoads (2020). Rash with the rubber chicken head, Zitz with the buzzsaw foot, and Pimple turning into a Sasquatch.
Down throw The Toad throws the opponant down and then slams them with one of their so-far unused Smash Hits from Battletoads (2020). Rash’s AOE Swing with the Fish Heads, Zitz’s Drill attack, and Pimple’s Porcupine Spikes.
Floor attack Full Metal Cymbals/Full Metal Sawblades/Stone Smack
  • Rash: Rash turns his hands into giant cymbals and claps them in the appropriate direction.
  • Zitz: Zitz turns his hands into giant sawblades and attacks with them in the appropriate direction.
  • Pimple: Pimple turns his fists into giant rock hands and claps them forward. Inspired by the startup of his Super Smash Hit in the jetpack segment of Battletoads Arcade.
Edge attack Inspired by the ledge attacks from Battletoads & Double Dragon. The Toad flips back on and kicks with an enlarged foot.
Neutral special GumwadThe Toad in question spits a chewed up wad of gum as a projectile attack. If it hits an opponant they are then entangled in the gum and can not move for a limited amount of time.
Side special Wicked TongueThe Toad in question fires out their frog tongue and pulls opponents in closer to them if it connects. Can also temporarily stun them.
Up special Turbo RopeThe Toad in question twirls a rope and then throws it in an upward direction. The rope can either latch on to a ledge or ceiling, allowing the Toad to tether and swing from it, or deploy a propellor if it goes a certain distance and does not connect to anything. Either way, the Toad can then freely move up, down, left, and right on the rope. Holding A during this attack will even allow them to transform into a Wrecking Ball so they can attack with great force during their movement.
Down special Toad TagThe Toad tags out so you can switch to the next one in line, using the animations from Battletoads (2020).
Final Smash Speeder Bike ChaosAfter triggering the attack and hitting an opponant with one of their Smash hits, the opponent will be transported to a cinematic. They will then be forcibly placed on the Speeder Bike from the infamously hard segment of the original Battletoads, with all three Toads wishing them a faux good luck and patting them on the back as the Speeder Bike zooms off. Their victims screaming their Star KO sound as they zoom to their inevitable doom. This attack can trap a maximum of three opponents if timed correctly.
On-screen appearance
  • The Toad you selected descends from a rope like the opening to the original NES game.
Taunts
  • Up taunt: Each Toad’s respective taunt from Battletoads (2020)
  • Side taunt: Each Toad’s respective fright animation from when they encounter a Boss in Battletoads Arcade.
  • Down taunt: Each Toad’s victory animation from when they defeat a Boss in Battletoads Arcade.
Idle poses
  • Each Toad’s idle animation from Battletoads (2020)
  • The Toad in question messes with their wrist computer, a reference to the level transitions in Battletoads Arcade.
Victory poses
  • Left: Zitz and Pimple try to strike cool action poses while Rash just acts like a goofball doing his taunt dance from Killer Instinct (2013).
  • Up: This one only features the Toad who won the match. They then perform their “Finisher” animation from Battletoads (2020) [Rash with the Arcade Machine, Zitz with the Bull Riding, and Pimple doing the SarcophaDrop]
  • Right: The toads board their Speeder Bikes and zoom off towards another adventure.
Stage: Dark Queen’s Tower
  • Based on the final level of the NES game, this is a vertically scrolling recreation of the original stage. In addition to vertically scrolling, the tower also rotates similarly to Spiral Mountain in order to change the platforms the player has to jump on.
Assist Trophy: Dark Queen
  • Like the Toads, she uses the body shape and arty style from Classic Battletoads but has the costume from the 2020 reboot. When summoned she floats around the stage performing her many attacks from the history of the series.
I couldn't quite get every Smash Hit from Battletoads 2020 in there (I'm missing Rash's Shark Drop and Smelly Foot and Zitz's Robot Head) but I like how it turned out otherwise!

StormC

Smash Hero
I still wish they'd bring back Guitar Hero with a remake of Guitar Hero 1-3. They should bring back the 5-button guitar controller and the full band, and compile a setlist of all the best songs from all three games (and maybe Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks The 80s and Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (minus the Aerosmith songs, unfortunately). Of course, there'd be licensing issues involved with the music.

I also still wish Konami would bring DDR back to home consoles with a remake of DDR, DDRMAX 1&2 and DDR Extreme 1&2 and compile a list of all the best Konami Original songs, Dancemania and other licensed songs. But again... licensing issues.

I liked Guitar Hero but I think the plastic instruments just became too much of an impediment. I threw mine out years ago just because it sat in the closet collecting dust and taking up space. There's gotta be landfills of that stuff.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

They need to make the guitar controller optional.

Shroob

Sup?
They need to make the guitar controller optional.
On one hand, the point of the series was to give you the sense of playing a guitar.

On the other hand, you're not wrong. Too many companies tried to throw their hat into the ring with all their plastic wannabe controllers.

Honestly, I like the idea of the controller, it's more fun than just pressing buttons on a normal controller, and honestly the feedback you're given just 'feels' better in the moment, but there was just too much in too short a timespan.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Guitar Hero died due to a combination of being milked to death and the fact that retailers really hated carrying the huge-ass peripherals. Clone Hero is really great, it just stinks that you need to track down a plastic guitar to play it "correctly."

Oh, and the music the community has made for custom charts is often super good; Megalodon, Glacial Storm 5, Soulless 4, Soulless 5, and Coalescence & Segmentation are bangers that I have on my playlist for casual listening; ExileLord's more recent work is what inspired me to actually start making music myself over the past two years, even.

Last edited:
Top Bottom