• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Antonblast

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
Sometimes I really wish Smash Ultimate's base game had had stages based off of SuMo, Tropical Freeze, and Samus Returns.

What would you have liked them to be?
A DK stage based on the ones where it's in sunset and everyone's a shadow would have been neat.

The readability would have been HORRENDOUS though and almost unplayable.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Sometimes I really wish Smash Ultimate's base game had had stages based off of SuMo, Tropical Freeze, and Samus Returns.

I like the idea of an Ultra Space stage, I feel like it could have led to some wild visuals and some fun gameplay

For Tropical Freeze something about the Juicy Jungle stages really speaks to me for a smash stage, I am not sure why

Haven't really played all that much of Samus Returns but I do agree that Metroid needs a new stage and ideally one that is visually distinct.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
A DK stage based on the ones where it's in sunset and everyone's a shadow would have been neat.

I've played a stage like that in a Brawl mod and I can truly confirm that.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

There's already readability issues as-is on Kongo Jungle in Smash 64. So much so that tournaments have to ban people from using dark costumes.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Yikes. Hope that’s not a problem in the actual game. That’s the last thing Multiversus needs.

I wonder what the odds of characters being scrapped from beta to launch are? Please get rid of Black Adam
I like his moveset at least, feels like what Ganon in Smash should be.

Aether Foundation, Homecoming Hijinks and Area 6/the Diggernaut Boss

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Marvel is making Peter Parker into the Green Goblin for the Summer while Gwen Stacy gets deported and Miles Morales lives the great life

DC is making Bruce Wayne turn into a simp while erasing Tim Fox from the history books as a Batman seemingly

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Tagging Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen because this event definitely felt Kamen Rider inspired and is getting a part 2 with a new villain

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I like his moveset at least, feels like what Ganon in Smash should be.

Aether Foundation, Homecoming Hijinks and Area 6/the Diggernaut Boss
He just really annoys me. I hate how DC is trying to make Black Adam a popular thing, and not even a full on villain anymore. They gave him a movie for pete's sake and it just grinds my gizzards. Black Adam is NOT on the list of DC Characters who should be in the game and he's only here because he had that movie. And it's not like the movie set the world on fire now did it? So now that it's done and past we have this relic of a years old promo tie in in this game and it just irritates me. Just scrap him. Sure, some people would get mad, and I don't exactly know the etiquette of having content in a game's beta that people could pay for and then cutting that content from the final release, but IMO it would be so much better for the health of the roster. But then again WB is being run into the ground by a jerk who values the Property Brothers more then the entire medium of animation so what do I know. Jeese, if I get any more irrationally frustrated I'm gonna get knifed.

Finally someone both agrees with me about Homecomming Hijinx and has an answer for Samus Returns. And yeah, the Diggernaut was SR's most prominant new addition story wise so it makes sense to do the stage.

Meanwhile there are lots of ideas floating around for SuMo stages. And I'm not sure which one I like best. Though I guess an Aether Foundation stage could work with the whole Ultra Space/Ultra Beasts idea being floated by others since they're the ones researching the Ultra Wormholes. We might have something there...

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I think Nintendo (and TNX) should localize and remaster/remake Rhythm Tengoku (and it could be titled Rhythm Heaven Zero or something like that) and include the option to switch between the English and Japanese audio, like in Rhythm Heaven Megamix. Either that, or port it to NSO.

StormC

Smash Hero

S/M: If I could I'd have made it a stage based on Ultra Space in USUM. Go for that weird surreal imagery of traversing dimensions. Barring that, maybe Aether Foundation could work.

Tropical Freeze: Either something minecart based or world 6. Cliffslide Slide could make for cool imagery:

Samus Returns: I'd like the rainy surface area where you fight Ridley since I feel like rainy locations are an iconic but underrepresented Metroid setting. Plus I don't think we really have any stages that heavily feature rain?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So you know how Miku used to be a hologram in her concerts, right?
Well ever since Crunchyroll took over she has no longer been a hologram but was stuck in an LCD TV during her whole Expo she has been LCD TV and people are hoping that her hologram stuff was at Coachella.

rip to that because she's also an LCD TV there. Miku is now LGTV

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So you know how Miku used to be a hologram in her concerts, right?
Well ever since Crunchyroll took over she has no longer been a hologram but was stuck in an LCD TV during her whole Expo she has been LCD TV and people are hoping that her hologram stuff was at Coachella.

I've been following this whole debacle not realizing that it was a Certified Crunchyroll moment™️until recently.

This company is becoming my arch enemy.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
I've been following this whole debacle not realizing that it was a Certified Crunchyroll moment™️until recently.

crunchyroll has a functional monoply on anime rn, right? at least thats what it looks like last I checked, idk, don't really follow anime too much

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Those halogram concerts were ****i g peck, man.
Now shes a ****ing LED screen. I mean, damn, Miku expo 2023 was ****ing VR and even that is miles better then the LCD tv

cashregister9

Smash Hero
crunchyroll has a functional monoply on anime rn, right? at least thats what it looks like last I checked, idk, don't really follow anime too much
They unfortunately do, and like with most monopolies they are ****ing everything over, like delisting a large chunk of Funimation's library for no real reason and ruining one of the best online anime merchandise retailers (Rightstuf anime)

Those halogram concerts were ****i g peck, man.
Now shes a ****ing LED screen. I mean, damn, Miku expo 2023 was ****ing VR and even that is miles better then the LCD tv
I'm at least seeing people who don't normally talk about Vocaloid things getting in on the discussions, so between the discourse and the other fact that Hololive has been doing successful concerts with holograms, maybe something might actually get through Crunchyroll's thick skull.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I wasn't happy that Crunchyroll became the exclusive site for RWBY's 9th Volume for like a whole year after the first episode released.

Then again, Roosterteeth had become a pretty ****ty company itself by then, so this checks out.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Tagging Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen because this event definitely felt Kamen Rider inspired and is getting a part 2 with a new villain
Yooo Barry looking sick!
Proud to be a member of the LGTV community

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The LED TV at the recent Miku concerts could likely be due to Crypton Future Media themselves, since Crunchyroll isn’t involved with the Coachella stuff afaik + they apparently used an LED TV at Miku Fes from what I’ve seen people say (though I guess it at least worked better there, since I’ve also seen it said the stage was made to fit the screen).

I watched Miku’s Coachella concert on YouTube and I thought it was awesome, though I do think it’s odd how they ditched the hologram since I thought that was one of the main points of her and her friends’ shows. Still cool imo, but the hologram seems cooler and more immersive.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I think I'm almost done with the main storyline of Tears of the Kingdom:

Seeing all of the Sages/New Champions together and showing up just in time to collectively save Link from Ganondorf's attack was one of the most awesome things I've seen in the entire series.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
The LED TV at the recent Miku concerts could likely be due to Crypton Future Media themselves, since Crunchyroll isn’t involved with the Coachella stuff afaik + they apparently used an LED TV at Miku Fes from what I’ve seen people say (though I guess it at least worked better there, since I’ve also seen it said the stage was made to fit the screen).

I watched Miku’s Coachella concert on YouTube and I thought it was awesome, though I do think it’s odd how they ditched the hologram since I thought that was one of the main points of her and her friends’ shows. Still cool imo, but the hologram seems cooler and more immersive.
I would say you are right if Crunchyroll didnt say "powered by Crunchyroll" and also the fact that there is blatant misinformation in some places claiming that they had a transparent screen and that she was a hologram

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Y'all should steal the rights to Miku and then make your own independent concert with her.

Or just get her into the next Jump fighter
You joke but people have literslly made theor own halogrm setups using 3 peices of plasic glued together and a cut up box with the video abover or below the glued plasic at home 🙃

Last edited:
Top Bottom