• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Antonblast

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's sad that Encanto actually feels like the odd one out among Disney's modern animated films (mostly everything that's released after Moana).

Wish might be the last straw for a good chunk of Disney's fanbase and even just general movie-goers with how negative it's reception has been, though.
I heard somewhere that Encanto was being worked on for a long while before finally seeing release.

I’m not sure how true that is. But if it was really conceptualized alongside films like Tangled, Wreck-It-Ralph, and Moana and just took a while to come out, that’d explain why it feels so different from their other modern movies.

Namely the fact that it’s good :nifty:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbh, you can pinpoint their downfall as a studio the moment the Disney Adults™️ started rising up and became prominent.

So now the strategy is to pander to them so we get these remakes that tickle the nostalgia of 90s kids, but in live action so they can be "mature" enough for them. And it's yielded some good, and a whole lot of bad and boring.

And it doesn't matter cause they eat that up.
To kinda further the point, this has been the case for even non-studio projects. The most magical place on earth used to be a fun family vacation a decade ago, now these kids can't even experience the Disney magic because they've been priced out beyond belief. And guess who took over a place that was supposed to be quality family time for kids.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ill nwvee forgive Disney for ****ing up Lion King AND Mulan.
Like, WHERE IS MAKE A MAN OUT OF YOU, DISNEY? Ooooooooooo...
The Mulan remake may as well have just been an original movie entirely.

And even then, there were still a lot of elements about it that just...weren't good lmao.

But the removal of all the songs, especially I'll Make a Man Out of You, sadly made it pretty clear that no one working on the project understood much of what made the original film so special or what people wanted to see from a live-action remake of it.

CatTastic

Smash Apprentice
Ya know I really like that Netflix Avatar show.

Hit all the right spots for me and immediately decided to watch the cartoon. Was slow at first but got better pacing. Guess l'm ma fan now lol 😁

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wonder how different Smash would be if the roster was rebuilt from the ground up now with Ultimate size but with a focus on Nintendo and Nintendo important franchises and just judging characters in their own merits with no one consideration for if they’ve been in smash before or not.

CatTastic

Smash Apprentice
I wonder how different Smash would be if the roster was rebuilt from the ground up now with Ultimate size but with a focus on Nintendo and Nintendo important franchises and just judging characters in their own merits with no one consideration for if they’ve been in smash before or not.
Oh gawd, we need Team Rocket (based on Yellow version) this time, I can't take it.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
This is the file corruption message for the original Pokemon games.
1712198832533.png

Something about how melodramatically and violently it's worded is just so funny to me.

Like, it's not just corrupted, it's DESTROYED. Smashed into a million pieces, ripped to absolute shreds, you name it.

They certainly make it obvious when your save file is in the scrapyard.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
My cat just dropped dead at my feet with no prior signs that something was wrong with him. To say that I'm devastated right now would be an understatement.

He was my little cuddle buddy and had the sweetest (and loudest) purr. I would wake up every morning to him ambushing me in the hallway with his affection and he would dead weight on my feet to try and prevent me from going anywhere.

I'm really going to miss him

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
My cat just dropped dead at my feet with no prior signs that something was wrong with him. To say that I'm devastated right now would be an understatement.

He was my little cuddle buddy and had the sweetest (and loudest) purr. I would wake up every morning to him ambushing me in the hallway with his affection and he would dead weight on my feet to try and prevent me from going anywhere.

I am sorry to hear that. I do hope you will be able to make it through your loss.

Noipoi

Howdy!

That’s awful man, I’m really sorry about that.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Oh my God that's awful.

I've lost pets before but never that suddenly. I'm so sorry for your loss and that it was so sudden, Lamp.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Oh fuc-....I'm so sorry man. :(

How old was he? Depending on his age, it could've been natural causes. Regardless, my condolences regarding your loss.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

My condolences. It always hurts losing a pet.

CatTastic

Smash Apprentice

I'm so sorry.. I have a cat myself, I can only imagine what it must feel like to lose your buddy.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I may not be a cat person as I am with dogs but I know the feeling of losing a pet regardless of cat, dog, or exotic reptile. One way or another, losing them is the worst part of having a pet they're just as much of family as everyone else. :(

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

I'm sorry to hear that man.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Y'know, if you think about it, Disney's Hercules is kind of a loose retelling of Superman.

A baby boy gets sent down to Earth and is raised by human parents (who happen to be farmers). As he grows up, he begins to discover that he has incredible powers and he may not be from Earth after all. Either way, he decides to use these powers for good.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord

Oh my god, that's horrible news. I'm incredibly sorry that you had to go through that. My deepest condolences

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016

Jesus, man... I'm sorry to hear that.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Man I'm so sorry

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family are doing okay.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Teaser for a Bambi horror movie just dropped.

Sorry about the loss of your cat...

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400

My sincere condolences.

Top Bottom