• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

• Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Cat Quest 3

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

cashregister9

Smash Hero
In other Marvel news:

Starting next year, Tokyo Disneyland will retheme the classic “It’s a Small World” ride to “It’s a Small World with Groot”. Featuring all those scary dolls replaced with scary dolls of Marvel characters.

Yes really
Here is the poster

It's important to note that it is only for 6 months for now but people are still losing their god damn minds.

Like theme park fans are MAD mad.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
you say that like it's a bad thing

Sega is no stranger to putting certain Deadly Six members on a higher pedestal than others. Zavok and Zazz being the favorites. I'd see them being power and speed formation respectively. As for Flight, again I figure Zeena might fit the bill if you give her the whole tail-spinning maneuver I mentioned.
I will say though. It is Sonic Heroes and the Deadly Six are not. Also having them in the game would break the continuity.

But I guess those things only matter if you choose to care about them.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
God it’s all mcu stuff. Why can’t they go to the comics instead?
I think Disney can’t do comic versions of some characters since Universal has the rights to Marvel characters in Florida and Japan (The deal used to apply to California but Universal gave the rights back to Marvel… a year before the Disney acquisition)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think Disney can’t do comic versions of some characters since Universal has the rights to Marvel characters in Florida and Japan (The deal used to apply to California but Universal gave the rights back to Marvel… a year before the Disney acquisition)
Hulk is the big one since I think all his rights are still within Universal.

Another one is Namor for some reason

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Yeah the Theme Park Rights for Marvel is ****ing weird, I think the rule is "No characters who appear in Universal Studios can appear in a park east of the Mississippi" which is why Disney World only has Guardians Of The Galaxy while Disneyland has an entire Avengers and Spider-man area.

Hulk is just universal, I still don't think Disney can make a solo Hulk movie without Universal. But also he appears in the poster and as a walk around character in Disneyland so who the hell knows at this point

But when I went to Disney World Last Year I saw Spider-verse and Fantastic Four merchandise, So it doesn't apply to Merchandise just theme park attractions.

I am not sure how it applies to overseas parks but it also seems inconsistent. I think because Japan has a Universal Studios with a Spider-man ride, the same rules for America apply to Japan (Hence why the only heroes that appear on the Small World poster are not in USJ) but also this is the first marvel thing in Tokyo Disneyland at all. Shanghai, Hong Kong and Paris seem to be completely exempt from any stipulation because of no Universal Park with marvel content, maybe the hulk thing applies but I don't believe it does.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I am not sure how it applies to overseas parks but it also seems inconsistent. I think because Japan has a Universal Studios with a Spider-man ride, the same rules for America apply to Japan (Hence why the only heroes that appear on the Small World poster are not in USJ) but also this is the first marvel thing in Tokyo Disneyland at all. Shanghai, Hong Kong and Paris seem to be completely exempt from any stipulation except for maybe the Hulk one, although I think they are exempt from that too.
For Japan the same rules apply.

The rules don’t apply to France or China since for the former Universal doesn’t have a park there and for the latter when the deal was inked neither had a park in China.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
OK, hear me out...

What if Nintendo and SEGA collaborated and made a new Star Fox game that was co-developed by Sonic Team?

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
I just finished Mega Man X6 for the first time. It's a game that exists.
It's not bad. But some design choices are...questionable. :dizzy:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
With how long it's been since the last DK game, a reveal trailer starting up with a remix of the DK Rap would actually be really cathartic. Especially because the first line is "So they're finally here!". Which would almost feel like an acknowledgement of the long wait time in a fun way.

Noipoi

Howdy!
With how long it's been since the last DK game, a reveal trailer starting up with a remix of the DK Rap would actually be really cathartic. Especially because the first line is "So they're finally here!". Which would almost feel like an acknowledgement of the long wait time in a fun way.
No it should start with the theme song to the cartoon

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The new DK game is gonna be 3D and have as many collectibles as Mario Odyssey.

For each character.

Which is every playable Kong from the DKC series and DK64.

And they're mandatory.
As a bonus it also has a level from each previous game as a secret to find (for DK64 the game has everything unlocked by default)

Getting 100% in these is required to get to the final boss.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They remade the DKC trilogy for GBA and Diddy Kong Racing for DS. Somewhere in the multiverse is a timeline where this continued and they remade DK64 for the 3DS. I wonder how much better or worse that version is?

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've got bad habits of not parting ways with certain Pokémon and not putting effort on good movesets.
Well if we’re talking a story playthrough you’re fine using your favorites. It doesn’t matter at all.

And for movesets, it’s really easy to get a decent one going. Just consider type coverage and maybe a few status moves.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think I’m missing a joke here. But what else is new.

Anyway. Would be neat if the next DK game had a multiplayer mode like DK64’s. With a few more Kongs and Kremlings in the lineup it could be a real blast.

Top Bottom