• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

• Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Cat Quest 3

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I mean, we all know my personal unpopular Pokémon.
View attachment 387026
It would’ve been so easy for him to just be another unpopular starter that fades away into the background, like Emboar. But they put him in Smash and he consistently rules the meta so people are forced to pay attention to him, whether they actually like him or not. Some people even started to become fans because of that. Like a true heel wrestler :nifty:
Which actually reminds me. A while back I saw a YouTube video ranking the 15 starters prior to Kalos' release, and Tepig actually made it all the way to #3. It was even the highest-ranked fire starter on the list.

Goes to show that every Pokemon has at least one person who likes it. I even like Luvdisc.

I'm also one of the weirdos that find the Pikaclones to be cooler mons than Pikachu itself, with the exception to Dedenne, I think Pikachu as a cooler design.

I even prefer Riachu.
I'm also a pretty big Pachirisu enjoyer. Dawn having one in the anime ignited my enjoyment of it since I worshipped Dawn as a kid, then there was that whole Pokemon tournament that it played a big part in that was amazing to hear about. And in general I always thought it was pretty unique and interesting for a pre-Emolga pikaclone. Special defense as a focus stat was really interesting to me.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Don't flame me for this guys but my favorite unpopular Pocket Mon is really just that shocking and potentially upsetting

Charizard
You joke but I as a fellow Charizard enjoyer am often annoyed by the anti-Charizard discourse that goes around in the fandom occasionally. Like I get it, I prefer Blastoise myself, but Charizard was popular from the beginning, getting no shortage of adoration from kids and adults alike. At the dawn of the franchise, people loved the cool winged lizard and it was far and away the popular pick among the gen 1 starters, and Game Freak, of course, played into that.

Was it harmful or at least annoying in the long run? I can't say, cuz it never bothered me personally. But, the love for Charizard all started because it was so overwhelmingly popular in the 90s before all the "favoritism" began.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm also a pretty big Pachirisu enjoyer. Dawn having one in the anime ignited my enjoyment of it since I worshipped Dawn as a kid, then there was that whole Pokemon tournament that it played a big part in that was amazing to hear about. And in general I always thought it was pretty unique and interesting for a pre-Emolga pikaclone. Special defense as a focus stat was really interesting to me.
My favorite mon of all time is technically a Pikaclone (Mimikyu), but if he doesn't count then I'm a Plusle and Minun enjoyer

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I...don't think that has anything to do with why Lopunny would be infam-I mean more popular.

On the subject of unpopular Pokemon, my favorite Eeveelution is Flareon.
Okay yeah, that's...definitely part of why Lopunny is the more popular of the line. Make no mistake, I love Lopunny too. But Buneary? That's just nostalgia for me man. Like Pachirisu, Dawn had one and since I thought of her as a role model, that made Buneary awesome by default to young me. There also was a while where I basically saw Buneary as my Pokemon identity. I felt a connection with it I guess - I love rabbits, can be clumsy (the line has Klutz as an ability...unfortunately), and even to this day I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic - and Buneary did have that whole simping-over-Pikachu thing going on in the anime. I just felt like I could relate to it in a lot of ways. I even had this Buneary OC for Mystery Dungeon named DJ Sarsaparilla who was a major dubstep lover. Yes, really.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
F Zero Maximum Velocity hits NSO this week
Played F-Zero X on NSO and loved the hell out of it.
I've heard the 3 on GBA are mid at best though.

And yes, I said 3.
They went and made 3 games that at least visually were practically identical, got surprised when each one sold less than the last, and then shelved the series for 20 years.
58s9dx.png

KillerCage

Smash Master
I just beat Another Code: Recollection.
It was a dry experience with the second part/game carrying the experience for me.
As for my current game clearing ranking for this year:

1. Master Detective Archives: Rain Code
2. Super Mario Bros Wonder
3. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
4. Another Code: Recollection
5. Startropics
6. Killer Instinct (SNES)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Friday can’t come soon enough :yoshi:
You and me both! I'm going Friday as well and already got my ticket in advance for 1:00!

Just finished watching King of the Monsters and read Kingdom Kong tonight. Just gotta read Dominion, watch Godzilla vs. Kong and read The Hunted and then I'm finally ready!

Have you seen Monarch: Legacy of Monsters?

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
It'll never happen, due to legal and licensing issues, but I think it'd be pretty cool if SEGA released a definitive edition of Sonic 3 & Knuckles with all zones and bosses and the original soundtrack.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Played F-Zero X on NSO and loved the hell out of it.
I've heard the 3 on GBA are mid at best though.

And yes, I said 3.
They went and made 3 games that at least visually were practically identical, got surprised when each one sold less than the last, and then shelved the series for 20 years.
View attachment 387034
You’re forgetting the new, original plotline then detailed in a 51-episode anime about a cop who becomes isekai’d from the 21st century to F-Zeroverse where his then-fiancé leaves him for Space Satan, who he has to defeat because it’s his ****ing destiny… in the future. And if he doesn’t stop Space Satan’s plan of collecting the seven Chaos Emeralds magic macguffins space engines, he will…

Hold on, it’s somewhere…

Oh, right!

HE RESTARTS THE UNIVERSE WITH AN EVIL SECOND BIG BANG

God, that show was terrible. It’s all up on YouTube with subtitles, too.

Captain Falcon sacrificed his life for the universe, don’t forget that. He’s space Jesus now.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You’re forgetting the new, original plotline then detailed in a 51-episode anime about a cop who becomes isekai’d from the 21st century to F-Zeroverse where his then-fiancé leaves him for Space Satan, who he has to defeat because it’s his ****ing destiny… in the future. And if he doesn’t stop Space Satan’s plan of collecting the seven Chaos Emeralds magic macguffins space engines, he will…

Hold on, it’s somewhere…

Oh, right!

Captain Falcon sacrificed his life for the universe, don’t forget that. He’s space Jesus now.
However, it did get us this iconic scene which... is the only memorable thing about this anime

But it still rules so all is forgiven

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
You and me both! I'm going Friday as well and already got my ticket in advance for 1:00!

Just finished watching King of the Monsters and read Kingdom Kong tonight. Just gotta read Dominion, watch Godzilla vs. Kong and read The Hunted and then I'm finally ready!

Have you seen Monarch: Legacy of Monsters?
Yessir. Pretty good show, interested to see where they take it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
However, it udid get us this iconic scene which... is the only memorable thing about this anime

But it still rules so all is forgiven
F rest in peace captain hotdog

Real talk though, how the hell did he die but his helmet survived the universe-ending energy explosion? :sakbanjo:

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Funny how F-Zero's anime lasted 51 episodes while the Fire Emblem OVA only has TWO episodes, oh, and Xenoblade has no anime adaption.

If Captain Falcon more anime then the franchises Smash Fans say they are anime.
Funny indeed

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location

Hold on, it’s somewhere…

Oh, right!

Yeah I totally forgot they blew a bunch of money on 17 hours of nonsense.

Probably could have been better if they dropped the isekai part and just focused on individual racers in self contained episodes.

Like, forget this cop dweeb, I wanna see Octoman struggle to pay for the education of his 3 dozen children.
32078.png

(Actual lore BTW)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. I just finished the first 4/5th of Angry Aztec in DK64 and now I'm taking a personal hygene break. While I do that I want to ask your opinions on if I should go back and do Tiny and Lanky's sections of Jungle Japes now, or if I should wait and just finish the level wholesale after I unlock Chunky?
They have

The Akaneia Build and Beyond Melee have what you're looking for
Oh. These look really cool.

Between the two I think I like Akenia Build better just because the character picks seem more... rational. Hopefully they keep adding more in the future. I'd love to have Melee versions of Snake, Banjo, K. Rool, Wario, Meta-Knight, and Dedede. Maybe even a few more Rareware characters (like Goldeneye 007 James Bond, still hoping for a mod to do that one cause official Smash never will).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
people flipping out over the Nicktoons schedule this week being 80% SpongeBob and 20% Loud House…by blaming it on Schneider…
1711507655621.png

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
something’s wrong with the Nether on Minecraft Bedrock Edition, seems to be a bug with how it loads.

I enter the portal, and before the game is done “building the world,” it already spawns me in and let’s mobs beat me to death before I can even move since I’m stuck on the loading screen. Ghasts waiting on the other side will blast you and break the portal too ._.

also Piglins and Ghasts seem to spawn a bit too often and way too close to you. I’m seeing close by Ghasts pop in and out of existence. Endermen also seem to be a bit more sensitive to your crosshair than on Java, made a couple mad by mistake and I don’t recall looking directly at them :/ (though maybe this one is just a skill issue)

I don’t play Bedrock near as often as Java so I’m not sure when the portal thing and the spawn rates/spawn distance became issues, though I recall being able to enter the Nether perfectly fine in the past.

“KRIS! COME HELP ME [Play Minecrap!] THE NETHER IS [Kicking My @#$]!”

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ok. I just finished the first 4/5th of Angry Aztec in DK64 and now I'm taking a personal hygene break. While I do that I want to ask your opinions on if I should go back and do Tiny and Lanky's sections of Jungle Japes now, or if I should wait and just finish the level wholesale after I unlock Chunky?
Get Chunky and then handle clean up later
Am I nuts-
Yes :nifty:

Top Bottom