• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

• Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Cat Quest 3

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Yeah, and they were busy actually redoing the graphics in Dark Forces for higher resolutions, instead of passing them through an AI upscaler.
Nightdive are legit the very best in the industry when it comes to remasters.
It'd be amazing to see what they could do with Nintendo's old games, but we know that's never happening.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Nightdive are legit the very best in the industry when it comes to remasters.
It'd be amazing to see what they could do with Nintendo's old games, but we know that's never happening.
To be fair I was kind of exaggerating with that "instead of passing them through an AI upscaler" part. Any graphics in Dark Forces that were hand-drawn were definitely AI upscaled in the remaster, but any assets that were made with CG were definitely redone by actual human hands. There's no AI tells in them, you can see every single detail in the CG ships' models that 1995-quality cutscenes would've compressed into big chunks of pixels and AI would've turned into even bigger smudges.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The situation with Aspyr is why I bought the Xbox versions of KOTOR I & II, which are the backwards compatible versions, instead of the Switch version.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
God i worked my ass of trying to improve the expierience for users of the vsm website! I worked like 3 hours straight! (which is a lot for my lazy ass)
There are now two websites a german and an english one! i hope someone is happy because of that!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ok so fellas, wtf is the UK doing to Kate Middleton? All Ive been hearing from my mom is that shes, as she says "gone missing"

My mom is all about this celeb gossip, i havent even heard about It much if at all

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ok so fellas, wtf is the UK doing to Kate Middleton? All Ive been hearing from my mom is that shes, as she says "gone missing"

My mom is all about this celeb gossip, i havent even heard about It much if at all
Political tinfoil hat conspiracy theories spawning from older people who are gullible and know no better (but British)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watched the latest episode of Invincible.

Holy ****. Shrinking Rae's death so far might be the most horrific way to go. Sheesh.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
After listening to the latest Kongversation about the Rare games on NSO, I would like to put forward my own answer to the constellation theory.
It was brought up that the two horizontal boxes could be either SNES OR N64 games, but see, here's the thing. Between Battlemaniacs, KI, and the DKC trilogy... that's Rare's entire SNES output. Unless they're gonna get the Battletoads/Double Dragon crossover or the Ken Griffey game they made for the system, but I kind of doubt either of those would happen on NSO alone. So my guess is they're N64 games.

I'm agreeing with Hyle that I think we can eliminate Donkey Kong 64 and Diddy Kong Racing from the contenders. It kind of feels like they would be revealed in their own presentations as Donkey Kong games, rather than revealed as Rare games in a bunch. So that only leaves a few options, especially when you discount the original IPs that rare made but doen't own and went to companies like Mattell and Acclaim.

There are two I am pretty confident with, and are my most solid predictions. NES Battletoads and Killer Instinct Gold. For one, it would feel weird to have the sequel to Battletoads on the service without also having the original (looks at Mario Land), and for the other, if they reveal the SNES port of KI1 in this first batch, why not reveal the N64 port of KI2 in the second batch. It just makes sense.

Now comes the tricky part. The second NES game and the second N64 game. Between the three N64 games that are left I'd have to go with Conker's Bad Fur Day. The original never released in Japan, so I don't think they'd have a problem lumping it in with a group like this and what with Perfect Dark having a new game in development and Banjo being Banjo, I think Perfect Dark and Banjo-Tooie could both be standalone drops at later dates, like they love doing. I actually was gonna predict Perfect Dark, but then I remembered Conker never released in Japan (so they might not even put it on Japanese NSO, or if they do they'ed have to put a warning that it's only in English like the Japanese only games we have on the service) and that Perfect Dark is getting rebooted.

As for the second NES game, it kind of has the opposit problem. Where the remaining N64 games are all so treasured it feels hard to choose which ones to just lump together in a 4 pack instead of their traditional single game drops, their remaining NES games (aside from Battletoads) are kind of... small potatoes.... I don't think it will be R.C. Pro-Am II or Digger T. Rock. Maybe later (I actually hope they do come later) but right now they're just kind of throwaway. They don't feel like they should be prioritized. Slalom was the first game they made as Rare... but they have a history as Ultimate Play the Game before that so that doesn't mean much (Rare ZX Spectrum collection on Switch please). Cobra Triangle is fun, so it could be that, but I think I'll put my money on Solar Jetman. It's the only entry in the Jetpac franchise they made after the ZX Spectrum until the reboot on Xbox Live, and it really was their first franchise. Maybe if a Pendragon game had released on NES (Pendragon collection on Switch eshop please) but it's not to be.

TLDR
I think the 4 Rare games coming next to NSO, as indicated by the constelations that may or may not be present at the end of the reveal trailer are
  • Solar Jetman: Hunt for the Golden Warpship (NES)
  • Battletoads (NES)
  • Killer Instinct Gold (N64)
  • Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64)
And I'm confident that Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, Perfect Dark, and Banjo-Tooie will come to the service at later dates, possibly on the Switch 2 (assuming it retains the current NSO library). Rare's other miscelaneous titles for other systems... who knows.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Live-action Cat In the Hat can't compare to this masterpiece.
What I love about this was the original script said to have everything fly off when Carey pulled the cloth off but he improvised when he did it successfully.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Watching Arlo's newest video on how awful Ubisoft is and aparantly the ceo of Ubisoft said that Skull and Bones is the world's first "AAAA" Game.

I recently rewatched Mega64's "AAAA game" video, and man it feels sad to see it become reality. Especially the playtester's opinion at the end.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pyroar better get a Mega in the new legends game.
It’s crazy it’s set up as Lysandre’s ace, only for them to make it mega gyarados instead. I hope they give a good selection of gen 6 pokemon mega forms since only Diancie got one.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Not giving any Gen 6 Pokemon megas was…a choice.

Especially because with both Z-Moves and G-Max forms Pokemon from those respective regions got to partake. I guess they learned their lesson, but it was too late because people don’t care about those gimmicks as much lol

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Goes to work meeting
Opens it up
AI garbage for hours

Help me
Ugh, tell me about it.

My workplace has like 2 hours of common sense "instructional" videos they make you rewatch every 6 months and it's just a bunch of poorly animated characters in that corporate art style waving their arms around and talking in AI voices.

The worst part is that they still have some older videos with actual human beings from pre-2005 that are infinitely more engaging.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
YAY! My Walpeach plush has finally arrived! It took two attempts to order this because the first seller failed to ship it within the deadline but I managed to get it for 25¢ less from the second seller. For a bootleg, I am very pleased with its quality.

1710527352609.png

1710527265688.png

Now my WAH family is whole!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ugh, tell me about it.

My workplace has like 2 hours of common sense "instructional" videos they make you rewatch every 6 months and it's just a bunch of poorly animated characters in that corporate art style waving their arms around and talking in AI voices.

The worst part is that they still have some older videos with actual human beings from pre-2005 that are infinitely more engaging.
Bruh I wish this was online but no, it's in person with some dude selling these old ass boomers on the idea of AI. And he was yapping for 2 hours with garbage ai images.

Top Bottom