• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One thing that I like about the Star Wars series is that they can make some of the most gruesome deaths without being graphic.

It's quite an artistic thing.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, hopefully, this does not come off as advertisement and is okay to say, even though this is not finished yet, so...

For those who don't know, I have been writing a book. Right now, I am almost finished with it. Just about one more chapter to go.

Just wanted to say this, if that is okay.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well, hopefully, this does not come off as advertisement and is okay to say, even though this is not finished yet, so...

For those who don't know, I have been writing a book. Right now, I am almost finished with it. Just about one more chapter to go.

Just wanted to say this, if that is okay.
You’re allowed to share your accomplishments if you want to

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Dixie Kong in Smash, ideally, should be a Semi-Clone of Diddy who has the Helicopter Hair and the Bubblegum Popgun.

But also, she has Kiddy tagging along. You don't directly control or switch to Kiddy, he moreso functions as one of Dixie's weapons, kind of like a stronger Luma.

And she has a special that allows her to pick him up and throw him in four directions. Throwing him upwards will even cause her to tether towards him, functioning as a secondary recovery.

And her final smash should be a reference to the end of her star vehicle, DKC3, where the Mother Banana Bird drops a giant egg on K. Rool.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Dixie Kong in Smash, ideally, should be a Semi-Clone of Diddy who has the Helicopter Hair and the Bubblegum Popgun.

But also, she has Kiddy tagging along. You don't directly control or switch to Kiddy, he moreso functions as one of Dixie's weapons, kind of like a stronger Luma.

And she has a special that allows her to pick him up and throw him in four directions. Throwing him upwards will even cause her to tether towards him, functioning as a secondary recovery.

And her final smash should be a reference to the end of her star vehicle, DKC3, where the Mother Banana Bird drops a giant egg on K. Rool.
Oh, I love all this! I especially love the idea of Kiddy being in there! (I like the kid, I never understood the hate for him) I would like to see something like this happen!

StormC

Smash Hero

I'd be fine with a Kiddy summon, but I kinda hope it's like Zelda's down B where he only appears when needed, instead of constantly being on screen. Feel like it would diminish Dixie's presence.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Fun Dact: a Goofy Movie was originally going to have Bill Farmer, longtime voice of Goofy, voice Goofy via his normal voice. In fact, all the dialouge was recorded that way. However Bill Farmer wasn't a fan of that, and advocated for Goofy to have his "normal" cartoonish voice. He eventually got his way, and over a week they rerecorded all his lines using the iconic voice.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Diddy’s smash moveset needs some subtle but substantial tweaks. Mostly to his specials. He’s not a tricky monkey like run of the mill chimps in cartoons. He’s a brash and headstrong guy who’s desperate to prove himself a true hero and has automatic weaponry. He should be more aggressive and chaotic, not calculating and planning.

His neutral special can still be Peanut Popguns but they need to work differently. Instead of firing it once and being able to charge it, how about he pulls out both and fires a quick shot from it, and mashing the button allows him to rapidly fire from both guns. He can’t move while doing this though. Maybe even give him a limited ammo pool, but I’m not sure about that.

His side special should now be his Chimpy Charge ability from DK64. He just charges forward and headbuts whatever he comes into contact with. But if it’s not an enemy he ends up in a vulnerable position.

His up special can still be Rocketbarrel Boost, but again, instead of charging it, he just rockets up. Maybe he can even freely fly around as long as he holds the button down, but he has a limited fuel meter that runs out fast. While flying, pressing a lets him shoot from the peanut popguns, drawing from the same ammo pool as his usual neutral special.

His down special can be the orange grenades from DK64. Thrown forward in an arc and exploding on impact. But again, drawing from a limited pool of ammo.

His final smash, Guitar Guzzump. I suggested something similar for DK a while back. It’s a screen nuke, it damages everything on screen. But the damage is stronger the closer you are to Diddy and weaker the further away you are.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It's still very interesting that WayForward decided to make their Shantae game for DS a brand new installment rather than it being a port of the true sequel that was originally planned for GBA.

Top Bottom