• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of Totally Spies...

Anyone think they'll ever bring back Martin Mystery? I remember being into that **** as a kid watching it all the time.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Water Miku & Primarina

These have been very cool and cute so far, I hope Electric Miku gets paired with Pikachu. Toxtricity would make sense too, though that may be better for Poison Miku.

Charles was very good for Mario and co., I hope he has a good life and enjoys his new role. I haven't met him, but Mario has always been one of my favorite series and I grew up with him as Mario (besides a Super Show DVD with 3 or so episodes I got from a book order thing in 4th grade, idk why a thing meant for books had games and movies as well lol), so seeing him go feels a bit sad, or like it's the end of an era. I'm sure I'll enjoy the new cast too, but I'll miss his iconic voice.

The Switch 2 stuff sounds interesting. I don't know if I could afford a Switch 2 anytime soon, unfortunately xD. I guess I could sell my current Switch, but I got it as a gift, so that'd feel bad :S

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If those switch 2 rumors are true, I really would not be surprised if we get a tease in the direct next week or before/at TGS.

Nintendo making a console that up to date would be huge and mean a lot of investment went into to it. I could easily see them want to show it off before the new year to build hype.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If those switch 2 rumors are true, I really would not be surprised if we get a tease in the direct next week or before/at TGS.

Nintendo making a console that up to date would be huge and mean a lot of investment went into to it. I could easily see them want to show it off before the new year to build hype.
Tokyo Game Show, you mean? I don’t think Nintendo goes there that much.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I was fighting this Spacer dude in Starfield and I got the funniest kill ever.

If you attack someone right, you can make their boost pack malfunction and boost them upwards before exploding. But when this guy did it he hit the ceiling and got his head stuck in the ceiling. So he's just dangling there like a Looney Tune character. I got a pic but I'm heading to bed. If I remember I'll share it later.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Sometimes I want a new Mario Baseball game but then I remember the state if Mario sports games and nah, I'm good
But don't you wanna wake up to discover Exciting New Features™ in content updates like...the ability to play as Waluigi or Red Pianta?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Tokyo Game Show, you mean? I don’t think Nintendo goes there that much.
Maybe not recently, but that’s because they cater directs to air before then.

I also could be wrong, but I believe they have done console showcases there in the past.
Switch 2 being discussed is cool but not "answering if it's backwards compatible" cool.

I need to know, damn it!
Well the rumors mentioned TOTK being upscaled on it. I doubt the team wanted to make two versions of the game yet again, so I’m guessing it’s backwards compatible. As it would make no sense otherwise with how big the library on switch is.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nintendo trying to come up with 26 characters (the bare minimum for baseball) to put in a Mario Baseball game (they want to cut DK and release him later, but they might have to put him in on release)
Me when the starting roster only has Mario Luigi, peach and toad ( all other characters are random enemies)

and the based Funkey Kong and K rool never get to be added because the game failed miserably sales wise.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I heard about the AI Drake/Weeknd song being nominated for a song. You can argue the ethics of AI vs People in music, especially being awarded for music, the song is better material than the both of them had in years.

It almost makes me want real Drake to lose to fake Drake. :teeth:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I heard about the AI Drake/Weeknd song being nominated for a song. You can argue the ethics of AI vs People in music, especially being awarded for music, the song is better material than the both of them had in years.

It almost makes me want real Drake to lose to fake Drake. :teeth:
Drake would lose to an evil robot clone

osby

Smash Obsessed
There's a wedding nearby and they really want the entire neighborhood to know about it.

I don't think I'm getting much sleep tonight.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Fortnite Persona real:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I've finally finished watching Gamera: Rebirth.

Some of the best kaiju media that's been released as of recent! They did Gamera justice after a 17 year absence!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Fortnite Persona real:
Why I'm not even surprised?

Shroob

Sup?
Got Alolan Geodude and Galarian Weezing.

Though, once the DLC hits, I'd like to get a Galarian Weezing with my OT Id so.... any of ya with Galar willing to help? :nifty:

Probably going to need help with trade evolutions too since >Golem, Politoed, etc

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Fortnite Persona real:
Persona 5 is about to do the funniest thing possible and become beloved by boomers in late 2024 :4wario2:

Reactions: Z25

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Having finally seen Gamera: Rebirth. All that remains is the Justice League vs. Godzilla vs. Kong comic in October, Monarch: Legacy of Monsters in November, Godzilla Minus One in December and to top it off Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire in April (Assuming no more delays that is...).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They put out that special video with Charles martinet finally and the only new info it gave us is that Charles calls Miyamoto “papa” in the Mario voice kinky and banged his head on the ceiling of a Japanese restaurant because he’s tall.

Would have been nice for them to have at least said like… why they decided to recast. Even if it was as simple as “I’m getting old and it was time to retire”.

Last edited:
Top Bottom