• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If Sonic fans are too idolizing for the Hedgehog, then why is ZERO PERCENT documentation on the Internet where they tried to boycott the Project X Zone series because the blue blur wasn't there. They think Sonic is "SEGA's sacred cow", when SEGA Entrerprises (Japan) prefers that he doesn't exists.
Hey, I am a Sonic fan, and I don't do any of that thinking Sonic is "Sega's sacred cow" stuff.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
a Spider-Verse writer confirmed that
George Stacy’s pin on his police jacket was not a trans one near the end of the movie. They were merely a regular set of police pins that changed colors to match the coloring of the rest of the scene between him and Gwen via the emotions she was feeling…some are a touch mad about that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Any hopes for Summer Games Fest?
That the new Mortal Kombat doesn't play like MK11. Cause they decided to waste adding Spawn into the one that's slower and have the lamest burst option that is break away. Also meter that runs on a cool-down. Stuff I don't like.

MKX might be much uglier, but it plays better.

Maybe someone from Tekken gets a trailer, or Rashid. Other than that, I've got no idea what to expect except disappointment.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
a Spider-Verse writer confirmed that
George Stacy’s pin on his police jacket was not a trans one near the end of the movie. They were merely a regular set of police pins that changed colors to match the coloring of the rest of the scene between him and Gwen via the emotions she was feeling…some are a touch mad about that.
This was the exact point I tried making the other day.
Her world is colored like her debut book, I really think the trans stuff was unintentional, and either put in by a random animator or misunderstood.

it makes sense Gwen’s world would be her comic colors, and it was likely a coincidence that it resembled the trans flag.

At the end of the day I don’t think it was intended coding for her.

But I think a tweet the other day summed it how perfectly by saying it was still great to see people be able to feel seen in Gwen’s arc, even if it wasn’t the writers intention or her real character. It just goes to show good the writers are at telling stories that can connect with anyone.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Guess what, everyone?

Looks like we may be getting one after all.
This is interesting, but Pokemon directs are also archived on the site. Meaning it could be that.

They would need to be using the direct branding and not the presents branding, but I don’t think it’s impossible for Pokemon to use that again.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This is interesting, but Pokemon directs are also archived on the site. Meaning it could be that.

They would need to be using the direct branding and not the presents branding, but I don’t think it’s impossible for Pokemon to use that again.
Wanna bet? :troll:

Seriously, though, I don't doubt that. Have we gotten Pokemon Presents around this time of year? I think we have, but I am asking to make sure.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Any hopes for Summer Games Fest?
I want Geoff 'Kojima please answer my texts' Keighley to do something real ****ing stupid again. Like when he announced an NFT game right after saying he cares about the enviroment and showing David Cage after saying "Abuse is bad, I won't call anyone out though". Maybe he'll say "GOOD MORNING NEW YORK CITAAAAAAAY" and show like, Pokemon Go or something

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wanna bet? :troll:

Seriously, though, I don't doubt that. Have we gotten Pokemon Presents around this time of year? I think we have, but I am asking to make sure.
Yes, we usually get one within a week of Nintendo’s E3 events. Or we see one on its own around this time. So it’s a pretty fair chance right now.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yes, we usually get one within a week of Nintendo’s E3 events. Or we see one on its own around this time. So it’s a pretty fair chance right now.
Well, someone said on another thread that a Pokemon Presents happening instead of a Direct is rather unlikely. I'll have to get back to you as to why because I am still waiting for the answer after asking why.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Maybe for the western side of SEGA.
In Japan, Sonic is only their corporate image (Like Disney with Mickey Mouse)
Yeah, I wasn't talking about either of that, too.

BUT it does make sense, given how Sonic is not nearly as popular in Japan. I wonder why Sonic Team still makes Sonic games in Japan, and has not focused on other Sonic Team games like Billy Hatcher and NiGHTS?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This was the exact point I tried making the other day.
Her world is colored like her debut book, I really think the trans stuff was unintentional, and either put in by a random animator or misunderstood.

it makes sense Gwen’s world would be her comic colors, and it was likely a coincidence that it resembled the trans flag.

At the end of the day I don’t think it was intended coding for her.

But I think a tweet the other day summed it how perfectly by saying it was still great to see people be able to feel seen in Gwen’s arc, even if it wasn’t the writers intention or her real character. It just goes to show good the writers are at telling stories that can connect with anyone.
yeah…even if they all come out to say Gwen Stacy isn’t trans (which would match with Stan Lee’s idea of making original characters to match what you want instead of changing someone else), trans fans can at least feel some sort of connection to what the character is going through.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well Disney and Square Enix are present at the Games Fest, maybe we'll het Lingdom Hearats 4 news (extreme copium).

But I do expect FF7R Part 2. l do wonder when part 2 ends in the remake, and if they're gonna keep Aerith's death (is this even a spoiler anymore)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Z25 Z25 Apparently, as I read on the other thread, Pokemon Presents events "happen less frequently and on Pokemon day or up to a big release". That is why that person thought a Pokemon Presents is less likely than an actual Direct.

Still betting on a Partners' Showcase myself, though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Damn what a fate for a movie I have strong feelings of nothing towards, I'd almost think it's real

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 Apparently, as I read on the other thread, Pokemon Presents events "happen less frequently and on Pokemon day or up to a big release". That is why that person thought a Pokemon Presents is less likely than an actual Direct.

Still betting on a Partners' Showcase myself, though.
This is true, but even outside of directs or presents, they usually drop trailers in June.

I think with sword and shields dlc we got a look in the summer, and getting that for these two new ones would make sense as there is nothing really shown off for them. The typical news cycle for Pokémon would out a direct or presents past the release date of the dlc. So we gotta get something sometime. A partners showcase is possible too though.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This is true, but even outside of directs or presents, they usually drop trailers in June.

I think with sword and shields dlc we got a look in the summer, and getting that for these two new ones would make sense as there is nothing really shown off for them. The typical news cycle for Pokémon would out a direct or presents past the release date of the dlc. So we gotta get something sometime. A partners showcase is possible too though.
The Sword and Shield DLC was a long time ago. Not trying to downplay anything, but while it could happen at that time, it could happen at any time. (Before the DLC releases) I am not so faithful that a Pokemon Presents will happen around the same time as the one you mentioned.

Reactions: Z25
Top Bottom